Dec Meeting: LOTR:Two Towers 12/18

Discussion in 'Omaha, NE' started by paperclipx, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok gang, we'll probably make our official December meeting our movie outing to The Two Towers December 18th. It is a Wednesday night.

So what we are going to do with this thread is this: 1) Set a time for the showing we attend. (remember, its a LONG movie)....and 2)Get a REAL and ACCURATE count of who is going. Why? Because I know of one person who is off that day, and may be willing to get our tickets for us early. And I dont want to stick them with leftover tickets, even if you can return them. Just takes time out of their night trying to give them back!

Soooo.....without any further chit chat....let us discuss! Just post what time you suggest and the number of tickets you need....I know that will be subject to change, so just post your estimated need if thats all you have at the time. We will do a final call, once the time is upon us.
  2. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Umm.....so we're NOT going to the movie then? No interest?
  3. Rhi-Lan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Whoa horse! Sorry about the late response, but I needed to check with a few others. I'd like to go at the 7 PM with my lady fair. Hope everyones had a good Thanksgiving!
    MTFBWY
  4. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    "There's one!" .....I knew I could count on a fellow Jedi. 7 is good for me, too!
  5. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I hearby declare myself a definate maybe, .....I think.
  6. sith_itch Jedi Knight

star 1
    The 7pm showing definitely works better for me. Should be a blast.
  7. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    Put me down as a 99.9% definite for the time being. As it gets closer to the date, I'll know for sure.
  8. Forceofvader Jedi Knight

star 2
    I work till 8 so I won't be able to go. Damn the man!!!
  9. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I won't be able to go on the 18th. I need another day off that week, and work is too anal to let me have 2 days off the same week. Anyone else not able to go on the 18th wanna go on saturday?
  10. Forceofvader Jedi Knight

star 2
    Possibly depends on if I've seen it by then or not???
  11. UncleOwen1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Looks like me and the wife can make it on the 18th.

boB
  12. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoo hoo! Bob returns!
  13. UncleOwen1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I always wanted to make a grand reappearance!
  14. azayzel Jedi Padawan

Sign me up for a ticket too please. What time are people going to be "holding down the fort" or showing up? See you all there!
    Dan/TK-136
    BTW Kurt, you going to make it?
  15. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wednesday the 18th sounds good to me. No class, no clinicals, so anytime we wind up going will work.
  16. banthagrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    7 p.m. on the 18th is a bit early for us, but nerf and I can most likely make it...are we going to Oakview?
  17. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes it will be Oakview. And as tickets are already on sale, let me look and see what times are open and post them here, and then we will all decide which one is best.

And I'm back....these are the only times I think would be possible for everyone.....4pm, 7pm or 8pm. And remember, the running time on The Two Towers is 2 hours and 59 minutes. So with previews and such, figure about 3 hours and 15-20 minutes. I personally would prefer either the 7pm or 8pm showing.
    I would like to get this wrapped up by the weekend, and get tickets ordered, so we can get everyone in. If you have your own card and such and want to get your own tix, thats cool. If you are indeed going, and need tickets, just let us know, and you can pay us back at the movie. Same as last year! SO......let us decide!!
  18. banthagrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    either 7 or 8 is fine with us - we'll go with the majority - but we beter decide fast before they both sell out!
  19. UncleOwen1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I put my vote in for 7:00. Thanks.

boB
  20. sith_itch Jedi Knight

star 1
  21. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok then, shall we say the 7:00? Done then. 7 pm showing it is. Now, due to unforseen financial circumstances, our ticket buyer will be unable to buy the tickets in bulk, so if you have your card, go and get your tickets! If you dont, contact me and we will see what can be done.
  22. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    I got my ticket...let's just hope my credit card doesn't explode. See y'all Wednesday night!
  23. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like I won't be able to make it. The in-laws are coming to town for an early Christmas. Guess I'll have to wait for the weekend.
  24. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    I got my two tickets....
  25. sith_itch Jedi Knight

star 1
    Have ticket, ready to go. So, are we meeting in the lobby, or ....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.