main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp DECEMBER 2003 MEET

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RikSMaximus, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    On Sunday, December 7, 2003 the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS will meet at CANTINA at 12:00 PM. It doesn't look like we're gonna have alot of time for too much fun stuff...There's quite a bit of work to do (which will, in itself be fun, right?). On the agenda:

[b][ul][li]FAN FORCE FORUM: [/b]Now that we've been blessed with a proper place for the [b][color=red]MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS[/color][/b] to call home, I think we should take our time, as well as take great care to insure a nice, clean, user friendly forum to communicate in. Remember, this is going to be the first place alot of folks will be introduced to the [b][color=red]MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS[/b][/color], so it's in our best interest to think things out and get it right on. As you can see, I've taken the liberty to put a few concepts into play in this forum, partly out of my excitement to be here, and partly because I currently have some time on my hands. Also, I think I have pretty good organization skills, but as always, input is welcome from all. If you see something you don't like, let me know...Cool? Cool...[/li]

[li][b]T-SHIRTS: [/b]I've got my fingers crossed that we should have our official [b][color=red]MANCHESTER MANDALORIAN[/color][/b] T-shirts in at least by this meeting (hopefully!). If all falls into place, I will post in this forum how much the costs are for each member...[/li]

[li][b]MEMBER PROFILE PHOTOGRAPHS: [/b]Jim W. is going to dig out his studio lights so that our individual member profile shots will be crisp & clear. Lighting was an issue when we took the last round of photos, and that's why we've got a re-do on our hands. Oh, and by the way...just a reminder: Everyone who needs to should shave to look pretty for these shots. No excuses! This [i]is[/i] going to be your "official" profile photo and will be on the website (umm...I guess that applies to me as well!).[/li]

[b][li]MISSION STATEMENT: [/b]We've mentioned this at the last few meetings, but haven't really gotten anywhere with it. It kinda gets put on the back burner, so I'm going to post a topic regarding the subject, and we'll use it as a temporary canvass to work on ideas. Once we've jammed out some concepts & ideas, we'll replace this "drafting board" with a "sticky" posting (it'll proudly sit atop all other postings!) with the official mission statement...[/li][/ul][hr]
    [b]Sunday - December 7, 2003 - 12:00 PM

CANTINA
    225 Laurel Street
    Manchester, NH 03103
    603-626-JEDI
    [link=http://www.swcantina.com]CANTINA[/link][/b]

[hr]
    Well, guess that's it for now...I'll talk to ya soon...Rik

2. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    If anyone is interested, I recently picked up the Thumb Wars DVD. If anyone wants to see it I'll bring it along with me to the next meet :)

3. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I just might actually have to show up for this :)

4. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    That's great, Baron! And Meriwyn, you're always welcome over at the CANTINA. I'm not 100% sure if all of the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS are aware of this, but Meriwyn is Fan Force City Representative - New York City, and she has been very supportive of our group behind the scenes...Thank you, again, Meriwyn...

I'd like to take this opportunity to add a couple new items to our agenda for our December meet:

[ul][li][b] Smartgroups Message Board:[/b] It has come to my attention that we need to decide whether or not to keep the Smartgroups Message Board (that the [b][color=red]MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS[/color][/b] have been using for communications) simultaneously with our new Fan Force Forum. We all need to weigh the pluses and minuses and put it to a vote. My opinion can be found at our "Welcome" post...[/li]

[li][b] Viewing:[/b] Looks like we've got some [b]Thumb Wars[/b] action to check out! I've heard alot about it, but just haven't had the opportunity to see it yet...Should be fun![/li][/ul][hr]
    Rik

P.S: Meriwyn, if you can make it up for this meet, you [i]have to[/i] bring those pieces of art you turned me on to...

5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm going to come up for this meet and finally get to see the Cantina.

6. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey Ryno...

That would be excellent...it'd kinda be like "first contact" between the Boston Rebels and the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS! CANTINA is a small shop, but we love it...Not perfect (yet), but I keep working on it! Can't wait to meet ya...

Rik

P.S: You can get directions to CANTINA here

7. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    Wow, it seems like the support for our group is reallY big! I can't believe that I never thought about bringing over any Star Wars parodies. I've had ThumbWars since it was first released! It's awesome and just so wrong. I love it. It's 1/2 an hour long and you need to see the extras as well.

-Cephas

8. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    I wont be at the meeting for long. I'm starting a new RPG on sunday afternoons for 5 others in a feudal Japan-type setting. Should be LOTS of fun. The game starts at 1:00pm, so I wanna show up for about 30-60 mins, show the pics and video from Boston, chat for a few mins, then go run my game.

I think ya'll like the vid.

-Cephas

9. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    I finished posting my pics at my site. I didn't post the redundant pics, I can show those at the meet next month, but I did post all the relevant ones and a couple I doctored for fun. Enjoy!

here's the site addy:

www.geekuniverse.net

ps: if you like the site, please tell your friends about it. I need hits! :-D

-Cephas

10. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hello rick & manchester!

woah you guys have finally gotten your own forum! congrats! this meet sounds like alot of fun.

greetings from the squad ;)

11. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Yeah...finally...and we are all very happy to be here. This forum is a great place for us to communicate through, and I have to say we appreciate the support from everyone...Thanks again, folks!

Rik

12. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Rik,
    Just a quick note to tell you great good keeping up with this forum stuff. I don't know where you find the time. lol. It does look like we are off and running now. It would be wonderful if we get all these new people to stop by and check us out. Very sweet!
    Well I see you at the meeting with bells on... :) maybe even a bit earlier so we can go over somethings and maybe get a little extra stuff do.

I'll see everyone there...
    May the Force by you with all....
    TK

13. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    Hey guys, I was going to suggest delaying the meet so we could all see LOTR Return of the King but I see we have a LOT of stuff to do so maybe we could go see it in our January meet.

14. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I can't see why a bunch of us Mandalorians can't get together to go see it. After all, who says that you have to have a meeting when we go see a movie? Why not a bunch of us get together as friends and make a night of it? What do ya think?

15. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    Hey Cephas, I checked out the pics on your website Saturday afternoon and they were awesome. I really wish that I could've gone with you guys. The doctored pics were pretty cool and I really liked the site too. Hey John I'm all for getting together sometime to go see the movie. The movie doesn't start playing until December 17th so the meeting shouldn't interfere with it.

16. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    I had my sundays mixed up. :-( I can't make the next meeting at all now. I have to work that weekend. I am available briefly this sunday, Nov. 30, if anyone wants to meet for a hour or so at the Cantina. Let me know before Sunday though okay this way I can plan on waking up early. :p

-Cephas

17. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys, with the impending storm we are supposed to get I'm wondering if the meet is still scheduled for Sunday. I imagine that we should play it by ear, and if there is a cancellation due to the weather we should post it here...

Sound good?

18. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to the meet on Sunday. The combination of the weather and a monster cold has pretty much kicked my behind. :(

19. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    Could we delay this meeting for a week because I might not be able to make and I bet a lot of other people can't make it. Cephas said he would not be able to make it and so did Ryno. More people could probably make it next week. Just a suggestion.

20. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    I was really looking forward to this meet because this is the meet were we become official. If you guys decide to postpone the meeting to next Sunday that's fine with me. I thought about posting a message to see if we were still going to have the meeting on Sunday but I decided to wait to see if anybody posted anything about it. I think I'm going to give Rik a call tonight to see what he says. Jason told me that the storm was supposed to stop by 7:00AM. I checked the weather on the computer and it said we could get an additional 2 to 4 inches of snow on Sunday but we'll have to wait and see what happens. I really hate winter because it always screws up your plans. :mad:

21. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    I just talked to Rik on the phone and the meeting is still on as planned.

22. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Keep on checking here for updates.

The snow as of now (12:18 am) isn't all that bad, and we might not get hit as hard as first thought. Hopefully we'll all have a better idea in the morning.

23. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Poll time guys: Who can make it today? I think I can make it, so if the meet is still on, count me in. This of course can change depending on the road reports as I'll be coming from Danville, NH. :p

24. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    I'm really :( disapointed that I couldn't make the meeting. The snow didn't stop like it was supposed to. After I found out we got our forum and we were going to become official I was looking forward to celebrating the victory. I feel like I let you guys down.

25. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Well, as ya all know, the Spirit of Hoth was among us this weekend, which made for a scaled down group for the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANs third and final preliminary FanForce meet! But regardless of the fact that we only had 3 attendees, 3 is enough...and by my calculations, the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANs are now an official FanForce! Congradulations everyone...it's well deserved! Now, you'd think that we probably didn't get too much done today, but we did OK...

[b][u]MEMBERS PRESENT[/u][/b]

[ul][li]Rik G. - [b]RikSMaximus[/b][/li]
    [li]Jim W. - [b]Wenji_Manmac[/b][/li]
    [li]John P. - [b]Baron_Soontir_Fel[/b][/li][/ul][hr]
    [b][u]PRODUCTIVITY[/u][/b]

[b]Bounty - [/b]No credits were collected today, so all members are required to cover this month's dues [b]plus[/b] January 2004 dues at the next meet (besides any past dues owed).

[b]Fan Force Forum -[/b] For the sake of keeping our forum organized and appearing neat, we are requesting that any member posting a new thread use upper-case letters (capitalize) when posting the subject/topic title of the thread. In all actuality, it is an announcement, and should be treated like a headline. We believe it will keep our forum looking nice...

[b]2004 Meeting Schedule -[/b] I'm back to my regular schedule at work, so that means I'll only have every other weekend off. Because of this, if we want to stick to the "first Sunday of every month" thing, some of the meets will have to be in the evening. Also, July 4th is technically a meeting day, so that's something we can think about changing as well...Nothing is set in stone right now, but this is what we're looking at for now...

[ul][li][b]JANUARY 4, 2004 - 12:00 PM[/li]
    [li]FEBRUARY 1, 2004 - 12:00 PM[/li]
    [li]MARCH 7, 2004 - 5:00 PM[/li]
    [li]APRIL 4, 2004 - 5:00 PM[/li]
    [li]MAY 2, 2004 - 5:00 PM[/li]
    [li]JUNE 6, 2004 - 12:00 PM[/li]
    [li]JULY 4, 2004 - 12:00 PM[/li]
    [li]AUGUST 1, 2004 - 12:00 PM[/li]
    [li]SEPTEMBER 5, 2004 - 12:00 PM[/li]
    [li]OCTOBER 3, 2004 - 12:00 PM[/li]
    [li]NOVEMBER 7, 2004 - 5:00 PM[/li]
    [li]DECEMBER 5, 2004 - 12:00 PM[/b][/li][/ul][b]T-Shirts -[/b] Well, we haven't completed them yet! But the last part was going over the actually font for the [b][color=red]MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS[/color][/b] lettering on the front of the shirt. John P., Jim W. and I are happy with the font Jim W. showed us today, but we didn't want to make the decision without everyone else, so Jim W. is going to post a poll (at some point in the next couple days) with a couple different fonts to choose from...

[b]Member Profile Photos - [/b][color=purple][b]POSTPONED TILL JANUARY 4, 2004 DUE TO LACK OF ACTIVE MEMBERS PRESENT[/b][/color]

[b]Mission Statement - [/b]We have a new potential member named Ken who, although he could not make it today, has taken an interest in our Mission Statement, so I'm posting some of his thoughts here...

[ul][li][b]To improve the lives of those around us by combating ignorance, hate, fear, prejudice, and injustice in our environment, by what means are at our disposal...[/li]

[li]To defend those who cannot defend themselves...[/li]

[li]To uphold the principles of Honor, Justice, and Loyalty...[/li]

[li]To support and assist other [color=red]MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS[/color] in times of need...[/li]

[li]To promote the growth of all Sapiant beings through science, learning, and by providing a platform for the free exchange of ideas...[/li]

[li]To hold no political, religious, ethnic or racial groups above any other...[/li]

[li]To adapt and change to better survive our environment, both as individuals and as a group...[/li]

[li]To not waiver in the face of adversity...[/li]

[li]These values we do pledge to pass on, so that this code continues for the benefit of others...[/li][/b][/ul][b]Group Website - [/b]I guess it is assumed that now that we are an official FanForce, that we will be able to post a link to our official website from the list of Northeast FF groups. But! We are a long way off from the websit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.