main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp DECEMBER 2003 MEET

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RikSMaximus, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    You didn't let us down DJ, so don't sweat it :) We'll have a proper celebration at the January meet! :D

2. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I like the thoughts that ken came up with for the mission statement. A lot of what he said just made perfect sense.

3. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    Okay, Ken had some really great things to say about our statement and got me to thinking. If we really want to, and I would, maybe we should be thinking socially (aka: communitively) about doing things for people around us who can't do things for themselves and/or need help. Now I'm not saying going shopping for the disabled or anything like that, but perhaps doing charity events and the like. Partake in a local marathon as a group; food drives; a float in a local parade for a charitable organization, etc. Perhaps we should take a poll of a organization or two or three max, and do things for them? I vote for either AIDS, Diabetes, or Cancer. Those are three groups I think could use help or we do something for children in New Hampshire, this may be the best one for us.

Local Shriners help burn victims and the Free Masons in Nashua help dyslexic individuals as well as many others. The local Free Masons are also putting together an exhaustive attempt to help kids if anything ever happens to them (ie: runaway, kidnap, etc..) They are trying to get DNA samples, fingerprints, dental records, a tuft of hair and even a picture and shortvideo recording of the kids answering certain questions. All this goes into a file on each kid for use by authorities if they are ever needed - God forbid.

As for a creed that we should consider adhering to? I've read everyone's thoughts, and really liked what Ken had to suggest. I changed it around and added a few things of my own. I offer this for everyone's thoughts and perhaps approval.

As a Manchester Mandalorian, I possess the loyalty and courage to pledge myself to the following:
    To uphold the principles of Honor, Justice and Loyalty o all sentient creatures-man or animal.
    To keep all thoughts and beliefs in relation to religion, politics, race and sexuality out of any interaction with other Mandalorians at all times.
    To improve the lives of those around me by combating ignorance, hate, fear, prejudice and injustice in my environment by whatever means at my disposal.
    To support and assist other Manchester Mandalorians in times of need.

To provide a platform for the free exchange of ideas and individuality for all creatures.
    To not waiver in the face of adversity.
    And above all else, to not bring shame or dishonor to the title of Manchester Mandalorian.
    To this do I solemnly swear.

What do you think guys?
    -Cephas

4. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    Okay, Ken had some really great things to say about our statement and got me to thinking. If we really want to, and I would, maybe we should be thinking socially (aka: communitively) about doing things for people around us who can't do things for themselves and/or need help. Now I'm not saying going shopping for the disabled or anything like that, but perhaps doing charity events and the like. Partake in a local marathon as a group; food drives; a float in a local parade for a charitable organization, etc. Perhaps we should take a poll of a organization or two or three max, and do things for them? I vote for either AIDS, Diabetes, or Cancer. Those are three groups I think could use help or we do something for children in New Hampshire, this may be the best one for us.

Local Shriners help burn victims and the Free Masons in Nashua help dyslexic individuals as well as many others. The local Free Masons are also putting together an exhaustive attempt to help kids if anything ever happens to them (ie: runaway, kidnap, etc..) They are trying to get DNA samples, fingerprints, dental records, a tuft of hair and even a picture and shortvideo recording of the kids answering certain questions. All this goes into a file on each kid for use by authorities if they are ever needed - God forbid.

As for a creed that we should consider adhering to? I've read everyone's thoughts, and really liked what Ken had to suggest. I changed it around and added a few things of my own. I offer this for everyone's thoughts and perhaps approval.

As a Manchester Mandalorian, I possess the loyalty and courage to pledge myself to the following:
    To uphold the principles of Honor, Justice and Loyalty to all sentient creatures-man or animal.
    To keep all thoughts and beliefs in relation to religion, politics, race and sexuality out of any interaction with other Mandalorians at all times.
    To improve the lives of those around me by combating ignorance, hate, fear, prejudice and injustice in my environment by whatever means at my disposal.
    To support and assist other Manchester Mandalorians in times of need.
    To provide a platform for the free exchange of ideas and individuality for all creatures.
    To not waiver in the face of adversity.
    And above all else, to not bring shame or dishonor to the title of Manchester Mandalorian.
    To this do I solemnly swear.

What do you think guys?
    -Cephas

5. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.