main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

December 2004 meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: State College, PA' started by CommanderSesfan, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    It has come to my (and pretty much everyone's) attention that we really need to do something as a fanforce group. I think Thrawn's idea of an RPG would be cool....something fun we can all do that's ongoing, gives us a lot of time for meetings and stuff. Anyway, we WILL be doing something as a fanforce this winter break, and I'll be happy to plan it...give me ideas, times, etc...post it here, or my AIM name is CommanderSesfan if you want to talk to me that way. One more meeting and we can become an official fanforce and one of us can get a spiffy BLUE name!

BLUE BLUE BLUE (obligatory Games refernce)

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Yes I certainly agree. I have been advocating this for a while, but things seem to die in here due to inactivity.
    Anyway, Ses is right, we need to meet up so we can all get to know eachother better.We need to really make our fanforce good. I think we could also include gaming nights and stuff so we can...game. :p

RPG would be cool, but right now we need to get that last meeting under our belts then from there plan on out. We could like, meet and plan out a time to RP, plan times for other meetings, and plan for gaming... and such.That would work nicely for the last meeting, then we can call ourselves official.
    Barnes and Noble would be a possibility for a meeting place. Plus there are tons of RPG books there for us to pirate if we need them! :p As Ses and I have already discussed, we could even watch the DVDs some time. Since all but 1 is out, we could make a marathon of it. That would be cool.
    At any rate, we will need at least 4 people to attend this meeting, whenever we decide the time and place. I know of three already willing to come. This meeting will be held over Christmas break I am guessing, or some time right before it. So we have a couple weeks to go about this planning, then we MUST have the meeting.

I hope people will take this seriously and pitch in to make it work. This will be a great fanforce if we can get it up and running.
    As I have said before "Just 1 more!"

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Have you folks tried psoting flyers all over PS's campus? With that amount of college kids, there's got to be some SW fans in the bunch.

Shoot, I come out that way twice a year for Easter and Thanksgiving, I'd even make it a point to stop by schedule permitting.

I'm very active in my FF, so if you need any ideas or help, I'm offering my assistance.

-Sal
    Pittsburgh Fanforce
    Public Relations Liaison

4. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Well that is one great idea.
    I forgot that with all the bulletinboards around you can advertise anything. We should add in that there will be booze there. Guarantee to have some members then. :p I mean it is college.
    Ses and I could come up with some good ideas for flyer lay outs, Thrawn,being a visual art student, could design them. Anyone else want to throw in some ideas, that would rock.

Thank you for your input sal. I appreciate the ideas so far. If you can think of any advice feel free to PM/AIM me or post it. It's all in the profile.
    Thanks again.

This will work yet.

5. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    "Just 1 more!"

It's only 25¢ more, and look how much more you get!

"Just order a Large, Farva"

I don't want a large Farva, I want a leederacola!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.