main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY December 2011 (geez) book club vote

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    A very Clone Wars Christmas. This (next) December 2011, we will read a book from the Clone Wars era. While, mainly due to the new show, we discuss this era a lot, we haven?t read about them in a while. I give each of these books four stars, but don?t take my word for it (reading Rainbow?.)

Labyrinth of Evil directly ties into Episode Three. Mace Windu and Yoda are very close to finding the Sith lord that has eluded them for so long, Ani and Obi face peril at every turn, and the Droid General hatches a plan to attack the capital of the Republic.

Mace Windu explores his heart of darkness in this Apocalypse Now style war novel. Sounded lame and tries to me at first, but it turns out to be a really great book?and consistently lands at number one of the Clone Wars Books in readers polls. Depa Billaba (the Jedi Master, who was once Mace?s padawan?not the Italian restaurant) has turned and must be stopped by the bad mo fo with a purple light saber.

Okay. So, Dark Lord is not really a Clone Wars book. More like a right after the Clone Wars book. Ever wonder about what happened just a few weeks after Episode 3? In this sequel to Labyrinth of Evil we see a new Sith struggle with his new found dark powers, and his burnt wrinkly body: while a New Order takes control of a galaxy, and an Empire is born from the ashes of a corrupt Republic. While it is a sequel penned by the super great James Luceno?you do not have to have read Labyrinth to know the plot (hint: Ani fell to the Dark Side).

Yoda vs. Battle Droids. Yoda vs Ventriss. Yoda vs. Count Dooku. Also, (I think) a charming tale of a young girl?s struggle with her perceived force weaknesses. Will she fail, and be sent to the agricultural corps?or through shear will power, grit, and hard work, face the trials and maybe even a Sith Witch? Scout has become one of my favorite Star Wars kids; so read about her, before Karen Travis ruined her.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Going to abstain on this one. I've already read them and and they're all great books. Whatever everyone else decides on I'll just pull out and happily re-read.

3. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Oooh, Labarynth of Evil sounds awesome... I went with that one. [face_batting]

4. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Only 4 votes?

5. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Now we are up to 5 votes.
    At this rate, we will have 2012 and 2013 book lists done!

6. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Looks like Labyrinth of Evil it is! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.