main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY December 2014 book club

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    11 days into 2014, and just one bit of unfinished business for the BC. I'm hoping to send the final list to Barnes and Nobel-- maybe we can get some publicity and some new folks too.

What to do for Dec. Any ideas?
    I was hoping someone would jump in to lead a discussion on one of their favorites. I could do a poll: a losers bracket of all the books that almost got read. I just wanted to throw it out to the club, as your Book Club leader will not be in town, but on his Honeymoon.

MTFBWY
    Jammies
    (If I get caught typing Star Wars Book notes on the beach, I think I know a red headed german/irish lady who would bury me in the sand right there)

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Not it
    Although I'd love to share a favorite read with everyone with my work schedule I couldn't commit to being there for sure this far ahead.

A beach in December sounds great! Super plan! Any objections to us coming along? We could have book club in a sunny spot.

3. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Thank you my Jammies.. Appo and I will take a look at the thread of books you have listed and we'll get back with a suggestion or two. Give us a couple of days. I now have the other books that won the polls listed in the Book Club Reads thread.

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Had an idea while listening to the Jedi Journals podcast...the Dark Horse THE Stars Wars limited series should be finishing up this Spring. I'm sure there will be a trade paperback a couple of months after that. It would make a nice light read for December (which is busy) but still thought provoking. For extra credit you can read the original screen draft the comic was adapted from. It will also be a nice send off for Dark Horse. Or we could just make December "Dark Horse Month" where everyone shares their favorite Dark Horse Star Wars series with the rest of the group.

5. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    That works for me.

I second the motion.

6. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I also like this idea... very much. I want to talk about it more at our book club meeting on Monday. [face_batting]

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008