Evan, IN * December 8 General Meeting *

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Darth_TKD, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    Come one, come all to our last GM of the year, this Saturday, December 8, 4 p.m. at Comic Quest on Morgan Ave. Theoretically, this should be my last full GM as your emperor, as I'll be handing over the reins once the January election is decided. One tear... Anyway, on the agenda:

-Nominations for Officers for 2008 (president/CR, secretary/treasurer, and Webmaster)
    -Xmas party plans
    -Book Club update
    -Collecting/Collecting Club update
    -Costuming/Prop Building Club update
    -Website update
    -Marketing update
    -Events update

Everyone post ASAP on whether you can attend. I have one caveat. My mom's family's Xmas is that day in English, IN at noon Eastern. I will try to be back in time for everything. I will be there, but I might be late. I'll let someone know of my progress that day. If I'm late, we'll push the nominations until late in the meeting.

One more note: current officers, if you do NOT want to continue in your positions, please let me know as soon as possible.
  2. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    I feel really bad about this, but this is the same day as our Christmas Ball (that me and four others have been planning since June), so I'm going to have to skip out on Saturday :(

Have fun though!!
  3. Edric-The-White Jedi Knight

star 2
    I probably will not come as I do not care for "Geek Politics". Of course, if someone else likes it, good for you. I do undertand the need for it. Although, I liked things better when it was just a bunch of buddies getting together feeling free to talk about whatever fancied them.

I'm the Emerson of the Fan Force, I suppose, if he was the one who I think he was! :)

Happy Holidays, All.

Edric
  4. JediMasterJaina FF President/CR Evansville, IN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I will be there as will Stakky.
  5. Mike-El Force Ghost

star 3
    Edric, I know what you mean. As opposed to last year there will be no by-law changes put forth and suggested. It's pretty much business as usual so please try and attend. I feel we are heading in a bright positive direction. I'll be honest that if you aren't into the who political scene then I would like to see you show up to the SIGS that we have. Thats where the majority of the fun is at, as it should be.
  6. TI9362 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I should be there..
  7. Mike-El Force Ghost

star 3
  8. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    I should be there as well...

I'm looking forward to a nice geek-out. If anyone is intersted in grabbing food/drink or possibly a movie afterwards please post here and maybe as many of us as possible can go out for a bit.
  9. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
  10. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes the Great and Mighty "kesh shall grace the collective with His presence. BUT he shall arrive at 4:30pm. So let your scarifices begin then in My name. The sacrifice shall be in the form of many dead presidents residing each member's wallet/purse.[face_money_eyes]
  11. TK-1945 Jedi Knight

star 1
  12. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, Hey! Hope to see ya this afternoon!
  13. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
  14. Fistofury Jedi Knight

star 1

The nominations were very painless, thankfully, with some new titles discussed. I don't know which is better, "royal concubine" or "royal consort"? [face_laugh]

And maybe we should start a Project Runway discussion thread? [face_thinking]
  15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Hell of a turn-out, and I thought it was a fun meeting. Good to see everyone! :D
  16. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    The whipping of the Duke of Endor with a scarf was very entertaining. We do need a poll to decide between the 'royal consort' and the 'royal concubine'. It is only fair to let the people decide the title for he who is with the Nerd Queen.
  17. JediMasterJaina FF President/CR Evansville, IN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  18. capnfatpants Jedi Knight

star 3
    I won't be there. Oh wait. That was yesterday and I was driving back from DisneyWorld all day yesterday.
    Had a great time there and will post pics of my kids in the Star Wars area soonish.

What'd I miss at the GM? Anything good?

19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    It's only go frak yourself :p

You were nominated for Minister for Information aka Webmaster, fatpants.
  20. Mike-El Force Ghost

star 3
    First off I would like to thank Joe and Elizabeth for nominating me for Secretary.

However, I have decided to decline my nomination.

I first wanted the position with the assumption that Chuck was not going to run.
    As a matter of fact if Chuck was going to run for City Rep this past January then I wouldn?t have.
    Hell I would have nominated him myself.

I think that speaks volumes for the amount of respect that I have for Chuck.

If it isn?t broke, don?t fix it. I feel Chuck would do just as good a job, probably even better.
  21. capnfatpants Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ah. Good to know.

...patiently awaits the official minutes so I'll know who else was nominated for all the other positions.

22. Mike-El Force Ghost

star 3
  23. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    Dec 8th Meeting Notes

Christmas Party
    The thought of two parties is a good idea
    Somebody down the table made a comment and the response was, ?If it?s good enough for pigs, it?s good enough for ?Kesh.? I found that noteworthy.

Stacky and Jaina have volunteered their pad for the party. Joe has also volunteered to host.

When to have the party?
    Before Christmas is a crazy time.
    Who?s bringing the Festivus Pole?
    Do we have a white elephant gift exchange?
    The rules for a WEGE as I understand them are this:
    Everyone gets a number.
    The person with the #1 goes first and picks up a likely looking gift.
    Person #2 and onward can either take a gift from the table or snatch the gift that someone else has.
    If your gift gets snatched, you go to the table and choose another gift.
    Each gift can only change hands 3 times.

Nathan?s school for death-dealing midgets will be closed from the 22nd-30th.
    Sunday the 30th was presented.
    Stacky motioned
    Cindy seconded
    The vote was unanimous, no one Coled as far as I could tell.

Since size apparently does matter, so we will going to Joe?s.
    Mike?s monitor is this big.[:D]
    The asteroid scene from Episode II is good for demonstrating your surround sound.

Party at Joe?s Sunday the 30th bring your own adult and beverage of choice.

Ulkesh Fan Club Update
    ?ULK SMASH!?
    The club met at Old Chicago but apparently didn?t discuss the book. Ulkesh the mighty will be cracking down on those whose conversation strays from the topic.
    As punishment you will not have a book club meeting in December. Feel the frigid wrath of Keshie you dogs!
    January 29th will be the date of the next meeting.
    The cover of? Invincible? done by Sue Roth has been released.
    There is a new series going beyond Legacy
    Vector starts in the Old Republic 4000 years before Yavin and works it?s way into Legacy.
    The new revised Starships of the Galaxy RPG will be coming out this month.
    The Guide to The Force, Jedi vs Sith covers the history of all Force-using groups. It also covers each lightsaber technique and some new forms of Force use.

Collecting Club Update
    WALMART SUCKS and Target won?t stock anything!!!!
    That being said, the next meeting will be tomorrow at 4:00 PM and will serve as a precursor for the Movie Night.
    The last couple of waves for the year will hit the market soon to be snapped up by Hot Wheels scalpers who don?t even like Star Wars.
    Walmart still sucks.
    ?Blah, Blah, Blah? (You had to be there for this to make any sense)
    Stacky has recently acquired a fist-appearance Holiday Special Boba Fett.

Costuming Club Meeting
    In attendance were Mike and Lierin. Lierin showed off some of her awesome sewing skills.
    Times for the next meeting are to be announced.

Website
    Status Quo.

Events
    I couldn?t watch the Geminid Shower ?cause it rained for days!

The Christmahanukwanzica party will be on the 30th at Joe?s in Henderson, Ky.
    The PCMN will be tomorrow the 16th at Stacky and Jaina?s. Fare for your viewing pleasure are the Oscar Award winning ?Santa VS The Snowmen? and BG Razor ( It was really just a BFK) ?Kiss Meets the Phantom? was suggested as well.

Marketing
    The E?ville Jedi will remain the best kept secret in Evansville.

Nominations
    Nathan-out
    Wilhelmus-out

Capnfatpants was nominated for Webmaster by Scott, Nathan seconded.
    Same went for Chuckwheat.
    Mike was nominated fro Sec/Treas By Joe
    Jaina was nominated for Chapter Rep by Nathan, Stacky seconded.
    Mike made the motioned that if Jaina is elected as City Rep, her title should be changed to ?The Nerd Queen?. Unanimous ayes, motion carries.
  24. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, I might as well be the one to draw attention to this hilarous typo :p
  25. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    (Peter Griffin laugh) Hee, Hee, Hee, I said "fist". He then pantomimes the act and makes squishing noises.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.