@@@@@@@December Activity@@@@@@@

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :eek: Why? Why would you WANT to subject yourself to that... that... monstrosity!? Trust me, you're still a true fan without having sat through it. In fact, most true fans are not ABLE to sit through it. Yes, it's that bad. Not even "So bad, it's good" bad - it's just BAD. The only thing worth watching from it is the Boba Fett cartoon, and that can be found online, extracted from the train-wreck of SWHS. But don't ask me where. [face_blush] I just know it's out there.

But, if this is what people decide to do as the December gathering, then I'll be happy to bring along my copy of "Christmas In The Stars: A Star Wars Christmas Album." :)
  2. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I couldn't make it through the holiday special. It's just garbage.
  3. Darth Blob Force Ghost

star 1
    So, did this happen on the 17th? or is it still coming up on the 30th?
  4. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sorry I haven't been around lately everyone. I've been swamped with finals and then getting sick ontop of that doesn't help matters.

Nothing happened on the 17 and I haven't seen the news on if we are going to have snow next week or not.
  5. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmmm... what generally works better for people - evenings or weekends? The reason I ask is because I can host something during the week next week (on an evening, or during the day), but I won't be in town for the weekend.

And... how 'bout a wassail party? And all I mean by that is that I'll make wassail. :D I'll provide some food for snackin's too, but pot-luck style food always works the best because everyone brings something.

I'm good for Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday nights.

Anyone? Anyone?

(jeez, I just invited strangers over for a party... :eek: ...well, I guess I've done stranger things.)
  6. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    How about asking a stranger to drive you 3 hours to a city where you are meeting people you have never met before? I did that last summer...and boy was it a TRIP!

I'm good for and night except tuesday night, or the weekend.
    Thank you so much for inviting everyone over kreleia! That is so great of you! I'm game for a pot luck evening! I'd even bring my Star Wars Monopoly and such :)
  7. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Tuesday nights and Weekends are out for me.

Thank you for offering to host.
  8. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Let's shoot for Thursday evening. :) I don't know how many people will be able to make it, but that at least gives everyone a 2-day notice. Which is unbelievably short, but hey... [face_blush] That's what I get for offering to host right before Christmas. Go me.

So, details:

When: Thursday, December 29th at 6:30 p.m. until 10:00 (I know most people can't stay late, but that will give us plenty of time. It's okay if you need to leave earlier.)
    Where: PM me for the address and map.
    What: Wassail party and Holiday get-together
    Food: Please bring a dessert or snack of your choice. Wassail, Martinelli's sparkling cider, and ice-water will be on hand.
    Activities: All things Star Wars-related. If you have them, bring SW-themed games. Unfortunately, I don't have my Star Wars Christmas Album on hand (it's packed away in boxes), so if you have a copy, bring it along!
    Why: Well, this will be my first SLFF meeting. Ever. I'm familiar with Fan Force stuff, but not in a Salt Lake setting. This is also to celebrate the holidays with fellow geeks, and indulge in our common passion for everything SW. :)

Sound good?
  9. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    P.S. Please reply in this thread about if you're going to make it or not, so that I know how many people to expect. :)
  10. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Brandon and I will be there.
  11. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    I will try my hardest to be there, I may be a little late (lke 7pm). My car is still in the shop and I'm sharing with my mommy :D

I have SW monopoly that I will bring!
  12. Jedi_Noghri Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll try and be there. It's been a while since I've been to an activity.

I only have two-player Star Wars games like Star Wars Battleships and Star Wars Chess, but I'll bring them anyway.

13. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    You had better come!! I still haven't play your Battleship :(
    And I really want to blow up your Star Destroyer! ;)
  14. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be there. I have a couple of SW board games, but they are still boxed up from my move, so if I can find them, I'll bring em.
  15. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Five people so far, which isn't bad considering that it's such short notice. :) Everyone seems excited so far, and I know I am. WOOHOO!! :)
  16. SovereignKnight Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would go, but... but... I'm shy.

17. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    It's ok...I'll be there to sit next to you and make you feel welcome :)
  18. SovereignKnight Jedi Knight

star 3
    You still owe me a hug from like over a year ago.

Is it weird that I remember that? Maybe not. Anytime a pretty girl offers to give me a hug I remember it. So far it's only happened once.

** (She has no idea who I am) **

19. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    o_O
    Oh do I now?

;)
  20. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'll be a little late I have an appointment at 5:30 so Brandon and I will get there as soon as we possibly can.

I can bring my trivia games if anyone is interested.
  21. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Definitely bring some trivia games.
  22. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    SovereignKnight, I have a hint for getting over shyness (and trust me, I was one of the shyest people around for a loooooooong time). PRETEND that you're brave. Seriously. :D At first, it's awkward, but you'll start getting used to the "act." Then, in time, it becomes fact instead of fiction. Back when I cared about MaryKay (dear god, don't ever let me do that again), my recruiter gave me the slogan "Fake it 'til you make it." It was painful at first, but amazingly enough I got through it. :) So, pretend you're the world's bravest person, and get yerself up to this here gathering!! ;)

Marold, not a problem. Whenever you get here is fine. :)

ondiv, I hope you can make it! Again, whenever you get here is fine - NOT a problem.

And, just a P.S. for everyone... I have the wassail simmering as I type this. WOOHOO!! [face_dancing]
  23. SovereignKnight Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm pretty good at the faking bravery thing. I have lots of experence. Thanks for the advice though. :)

Sorry I didn't make it. I wanted to come, but part of my world crashed and burned today. It's not been a good one. I'll pick up the pieces and start over again I suppose.

I'll try and make it to the next one. :)

24. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you so much, kreleia for hosting the event tonight! I had SO much FUN!!!! I will never be able to look at a guinie pig the same way again [face_laugh]

I'm sorry that you weren't able to make it SovereignKnight :( Let me know if there is anything that I, or we, can do to help, ok?

Geoff...where were you? Trivia...missing...
  25. Jedi_Noghri Jedi Master

star 3
    I had a great time. Thanks again Kreleia, you're an awesome hostess. Lots of fun stories were shared, I won at battleship... barely, we watched a cool fanfilm, and we all had Wassail. mmmmm...waffles.

More people need to show up to these get-togethers, you really are missing out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.