December book meeting

Discussion in 'Lubbock, TX' started by TI1420, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey gang, the Star Wars book discussion group is scheduled to meet in two days (December 1st) at the Godeke library at 7pm.
    This month's book is actually two; volumes 1 & 2 of the Dark Horse Comics "Clone Wars", both available at the library.

Since I know there are a couple folks who probably won't be able to make it, and we are due to pick books for future meetings, post your book ideas here.

Let's talk holiday party, too- I'd like to get together and visit, maybe play some Star Wars minis or Battlefront games or something as a group. Any ideas and suggestions will be welcome.

2. --Darth-Snow-Storm-- Jedi Padawan

I am looking foward to the next book discussion and hope that I will be able to make it. I dont know about the rest but some of my favorite books that I like to discusse are approching storm, any one from the han solo trilogy, i;jedi, hand of thrawn or tales of the jedi redemation just to name a few. We could play some board games or if able to get a few tvs with each system and have like a video game party. Wht would be cool if we can all go see ep 3 together and then have a discussion of our reaction towards the film.

Snow
  3. dinochick Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like that idea Snow (about watching E3 together). Are you still planning on taking a bus somewhere Ian to go see E3??
  4. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    We are DEFINITELY going to have a big Episode III viewing party. Heck, we may start the line!! I am looking forward to seeing it with you guys.
    Of course, we'll need to be in costume.

I know a guy who works at Tinseltown and am talking with him about the opening events for this May. There is also some sort of nationally-organized bru-haha in the works that is going to be discussed at Celebration III.

I am not sure about the bus thing- a lot of folks have backed out of it. If it does happen, it will mean a drive to Dallas for us anyway to meet it. I am also looking into renting a van to take if there is interest. We can talk about that at the next meeting.

I hope to see you tomorrow night, otherwise we'll do more email planning for a holiday party.

5. dinochick Jedi Knight

star 1
    Arrrr!!!! I just relized what I did! I totaly blanked on our meeting and I even had it written down!! I am sorry folks, gee I feel like an idiot. All of this end of semester crap has got my head so full I can't think, let alone remeber :(

Sorry....
  6. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    We missed you there, but figured that the end-of-semester stuff had you occupied. We'll save your x-mas present for you anyway!

I'd like to do a holiday party, and I know JediMastered is out by the 18th. What is a good day for you all to get together?
  7. dinochick Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anytime after the 13th would be ok with me. I am not going antwhere over the Christmas break.
  8. dinochick Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well so much for that idea [face_whistling] [face_liarliar]. I am going up to Montana on the 4th now to speak with Jack Horner about possibly being a new PhD student for him. Some of you may have seen him on the Discovery channel before. He is a big-time paleontologist, so this is kind of a big deal for me. I am sorry that I will have to miss ANOTHER meeting :( Maybe I can catch up with some of you when I get back.
    Happy New Year!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.