December Collector Club Meeting

Discussion in 'Evansville, IN' started by yoda_pimp, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    Despite what the time said in the "Reset" post, the time is changing to 12 noon. So Collector Club December 10th at noon. We will discuss the 30th Ann. collection, Titanium lines, Hallmark ornaments (it is Christmas), and view the glory that is the Holiday Special! I will post directions to my house later. I hope to see everyone there!
  2. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Ya know.. I still haven't seem the Holiday Special... *ducks for cover*
  3. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    We tried watching it at the first Eville Jedi Christmas Party back in '02. By 10 minutes in, no one was paying any attention and we made Scott turn it off after about 15. It's not even good enough to hold the attention of die-hard Star Wars fans as a curiousity.

For once I'm in agreement with Lucas. Let's pretend it doesn't exist.
  4. HoosierTrooper Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    The Holliday Special makes me want to listen to Jefferson Starship.

Will you light the sky on fire? [face_whistling] [face_dancing]

5. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    The best part about being on DVD is that we can skip directly to the animated segment. That part with Boba Fett is the only thing that is any good. Everyone should watch it at least once for the laughs it brings. Our kids started to watch it and as big of Star Wars fans that they are, even they used the word "stupid".
  6. Agent_Sith Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will be unable to make this too, unfortunately. It's a work thing. For the last four months, I've been working 6 day weeks, sometimes 10-hour days. I really sick of it, but the money's good, so I can't complain.

Hopefully, I'll be able to make the next meeting :)
  7. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    If you are coming from the eastside: take the Lloyd to the stoplight at Red Bank Rd. Turn right. Go through next stop light and go down and up the big frickin' hill. Stop at stop sign. This is Hogue Rd. Continue going straight on Red Bank through the first curve to the right. As you approach the next turn which is to the left, you will see a drive on the right in the corner in between two sets of mailboxes. Turn here to the right. House is 837. You will see it on the mailbox next to the driveway. When you pull in, the drive splits off in two. We are the first house straight down the drive.
    Can I get a show of hands as to who is planning on attending?
  8. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dispatches from the meeting 12/10/06.

Present: yoda_pimp, fistofury (had to bug out early), and mike-el.

We opened the meeting first with the business side of things. At the GM it was talked about that each club has a second banana in case the first banana is unable to be at the club meeting or to report at the GM if they can't attend. Mike-el will serve as the second banana for the Collector Club. We also discussed a new date and time for the meetings that accommendate more E'ville Jedi who would like to attend CC meetings. It was decided that the CC will be held the Tuesday after the GM at 6:30. The Jan. meeting will still be at my house, but we will discuss new locations or rotating locations at the meeting. Then we ate cookies...
    For the play side of things... First we checked out the first of three repaint waves from reHashbro. It was decided that the clones were good and that the holo Cody figure should not have had his helmet on in the package. We looked over and discussed the vintage Micro-Collection from Kenner in 1982. We looked at my boxed and loose items. The new Tomart's had an article and pics of unreleased prototypes that we drooled over since those in attendence at this time (pimp and el) loved the Micro Collection. We also checked out the Complete Locations book. we found that the book had great detailed maps of the Saga's many locales. We thought that the the battle maps were good for the minitures game ideas and that the crosssections of places like the cantina and Jabba's Palace would be good for diorama builders. Then we ate more cookies...
    Then we geeked out for a while...

YP out.
  9. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    I love the Micro Stuff too!

10. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    While reading my issue of Knights of the Old Republic #10, I came across an ad for official 30th Anniversary Collectors Coins. Anybody have any info on these? I'm too lazy to do an internet search and I have a repository of collecting geekdom right here. :) So I beseech the collecting gurus: Info on these coins?
  11. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    As of now there are 67 coins that are confirmed. The basic figure line for '07 will each come with a coin for that character. There will be 60 of these. The Saga Legends line (repacks from previous years) will have 7 coins. There is a coin for each movie and one expanded universe coin. There is a coin album coming out that has room for all 67 plus some extra space for the dreaded 'exclusive coins'. The coin album will run about $10 and come with Vader who has coin #1. As to exclusives, I suspect there will be atleast a CIV and San Diego Comic Con coin. Anything past that is unknown at this point. I hope this helps!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.