main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN December FanForce Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Ther next meeting of the Knoxville FanForce Chapter will be on Tuesday, December 3rd at 7:00 p.m. at Mr. Gatti's Pizza on Kingston Pike. If you have any questions, comments, or need directions, please feel free to either post them here, email, or PM me.

Thanks!

2. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    Ewww, during finals.....I'll see what I can do.

3. ginadiggers

ginadiggers Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    As you know, my attendence will be based on the Whims of Robert. I will put in a request Thursday. I hope that Matt does not have to go to another Tool Concert. He He He.

4. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    Do you know if we will have a room reserved or will we have to meet in the main dinning area.

If the meetings were in the meeting area, I think Mr. Gatti's was ok. But if we have to meet in the main dinning area it's gonna suck!

I felt like we had no space to move around...just my two cents

5. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well I haven't talked to them about a getting a private room, nor do I feel like reserving one actually works unless you are guranteed to fill the room to capacity. They screwed up the reservation last time and the time before that, we got kicked out, so honestly I don't intend to bother to hold a room there again. We will probably just meet in the main dining area and then move into one of the private rooms later on.

I didn't mind the situation last time and I actually prefered it over all the hassle for nothing of the two other times. It may not be the best possible setup, but at least at the last meeting, it seemed to work for our purposes. If you or anyone else knows of a place that would work out better, please let me know and I'll get into contact with them for meeting in January, otherwise I will stick with the Mr. Gatti's situation as it is.

Heck, it beats not meeting at all, right? ;)

6. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    I just rememberd that my parents will be in town on Dec 2 to Dec 4th. So I won't be able to make the meeting.

Sorry, good luck

7. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    I have to work tuesday night. I shant be there this time. Sowwy.

8. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Oh boy. I stop in here every few months, hoping very hard that someday there will be a meet on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday....no joy. Have a good time! Maybe we'll meet someday! (This one was even very close to work...but too late for a work night!)

9. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    The meetings only go until around 9:00 to 9:30 because Mr. Gatti's doesn't stay open that late. IMO, I don't think that is all that late to be out especially only once a month, but if you can't make it that's understandable.

I know I personally have told you this several times but the TSWCG still meets on weekends. If you would go here you can find out more about it and meet with them as they would accomodate your schedule better.

Good luck!

10. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    Thanks for the info JarJar. Yes, you have told me about the group. But I don't collect. I was looking for a more general meet. And I guess since I live over an hour away from Knoxville, 9:30 is just about my bedtime, since I have to be at work at 7am. But, maybe we'll meet at the Ad Con next year. I couldn't go this year, but a fellow Knoxville fan went and loved it. All the best to your meets.

11. vongbait

vongbait Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    I am part of the TSWCG and I don't collect much. I am more interested in the books. Come to one or two of the meetings you might find you like it. We are a more diverse group than just collecting.

12. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    Ok, maybe. When's the next weekend meet? I MIGHT be able to drag another shy fan along. I'll give it a shot in order to meet people who have common interests.

This is a busy month for weekends for people, I know. If I can't do December, let me know about January. Thanks for the info.

13. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, we had six folks come out to this meeting including myself and I enjoyed meeting up with everyone. I wish we had more time to talk and hopefully we will next time.

Thanks again guys! :)

14. cutiger

cutiger Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2002
    Glad to hear that things went well even though it was a small group. Was their any business that was discussed?

I hope to make it back to a meeting one of these days but it will be awhile. I might be able to make the Jan meeting. Depends on how much time I get off from JMU.

Barry

15. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, we might have had more there, but at least two folks had to cancel. Honestly, I expected less folks then we had, so even though the attendance wasn't a new record (it was still excellent though IMO), it certainly exceeded my expectations and was actually more fun then some of the previous meetings IMO. It's probably just the group members becoming more cohesive and me not being worried as much about how things would turn out, but I enjoyed myself more nonetheless.

While there are projects we could do, no business of that nature was discussed except for a short talk about estimates we got on doing T-Shirts for our old anime club and a brief discussion on the patch which is still going nowhere. No one has really expressed any interest in any side projects so I just leave them dead in the water.

I have done what I can as the leader of the group to advertise our presence and give us a place to meet. The side projects are just bonus stuff that while cool take a lot of work, time, and money to implement. If there is an interest in doing other things and folks willing to help get them done I will try to assist in any way I can, but I can't do this stuff alone and I can't afford it either.

Oh well, who knows what the future holds?

16. marvelfett11

marvelfett11 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Hi guys. Iwas gladd to meet everyone (with the exception of Bret, who I already knew). This was my first Fanforce meeting and i hopee to attend many more. Let me know what i can do to help out for future get togethers.

17. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Interestingly enough, I looked up the old list of projects I put up a while back and we have made some progress:

-We are working on a Fan Force Patch (Not being done at this time. Ginadiggers/Dave was over it.)

-We are working on a Flyer to distribute at locations in and around Knoxville (This has been done by me and has been put up at a few places. If anyone wants some flyers, let me know)

-We are looking into a group costume somewhere down the road (Rod mentioned doing a scanning crew, but who knows?)(This has not been looked into at all since it was brought up. I assume there is no interest at this point.)

-We are looking to try and customize our board (It has been done thanks to fellow board member foxbatkllr)

-We are looking into the possibility of a website (This is still wide open as well, so if anyone wants to help out on this again let me know)

If there are any other things you guys would like to add to the list, let me know. I will take off the other stuff now that it has been done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.