main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

December Get Together

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faceplant

Faceplant Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2000
    If OW can get you there I can get you home if you decide to stay for the movie.

2. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    So are we going with the D&B and then movie afterwards then? If so, what time do we meet at D&B? I'm 20 so i don't know if those punkstachios will let me in without an older person or some crap lol

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'll have to check, but I think they open at 11. Maybe we can do the movie, then meet at D&B's afterwards...

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I am back from the great unknown, and glad to see we've almost decided on our next meeting. LOTR will be playing @ the Colorado Center which is attached to D&B's @ Colorado @ I-25. I imagine they will play it on the IMAX screen theatre (saw X-Men on that one, so cool). If that will help any in our decision process.

I, for one, am up for both, and it sounds like some other people are too. So, my suggestion would be to decide on a time to see the movie, and everyone who wants to meet for D&B's get there a couple of hours before showtime to partake of a meal & games, and those wanting to only see the movie meet us right outside @ a prescribed time.

What do you think?

-Jennifer

BTW - Movie Times for UA Colorado Center are 12 / 4 / 8, 4 might be a great time and we could do D&B's after the movie - Just an after thought

5. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I almost forgot, once we decide on a time, we can buy tix online from this theatre. Go to www.uatc.com, express code 529.

-Jennifer

6. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    any time is good for me. I'm pretty much reserving the whole day on the 22nd for you guys. So any time works. Hell I'll probably D&B before and after the movie if i can lol All I need is the earliest meeting time and i'm there...hopefully lol

7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Could someone check and see what time D&B's opens? And if the <21 types can get in?

Let's assume we do the noon showing to beat the crowds. Then about 3:30-5ish at D&B's. How does that sound?

8. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, here it goes.

D&B's opens @ 11am.

D&B's says that as long as the under 21 crowd is accompanied by an adult 25+ "at all times," and they have to be out completely after 10pm Sun-Thurs and 11pm on Fri-Sat.

So, if we see the movie first, all of the youngsters will be able to get in with us grown-ups (Dave, are you hearing this).

Oh, this was cool, I looked around their website and found this little description of their "Million Dollar Midway."

"A big part of the Dave & Buster's experience is The Million Dollar Midway and its incredible variety of the latest interactive games and simulators. One swipe of your D&B Power Card is all it takes to feel the rush of taking the pole at Daytona USA or the thrill of the chase on Star Wars? Pod Racer. "

Do they know what we want or what?

-Jennifer

9. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    can you pod race against others? because when i was there a long while back they only had one Pod Race game there. I know they had 2 Trilogy machines there, i love that game! Like i said, i'm down for anything on that day :)

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Haven't been to the one @ I-25 & Colorado recently but the Westminster one had the double machines for Pod Racer and triple machines for Trilogy. So, there's a good chance

-Jennifer

11. Faceplant

Faceplant Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2000
    D&B and a movie. That's great!

Who are you calling an grown-up? I am pretty sure we can cover the under 21'ers chaperone requirement. I am planning on playing some games so we'll see if the youngsters can keep up with the seasoned veteran. ;)

Can we all make the 12 show? I move that we meet around 11 and get tickets .. see the show .. then D&B for a bite and some racing .. break it up at 5 and really leave at 6-7. This is the motion. Anyone second it? All in favor? Opposed?

12. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    thanks OW and faceplant!

well as far as i know, they won't let you in the door if you're not 21 or with someone 25+ (been there a few times in the past) ;)

i'm down with anything that day if i can get to and from.

i think the last time i was at that D&B's they only had one podracer. that was about a year ago though...

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    :( I told my dad that I wanted to get together with some people I met off the internet. It was phrased much more tactfully thought, more like "Say can I go up to Denver and attend a meeting of this star wars fan club... etc.

He took it surprisingly well. But he did give me one final answer, "No way in hell are you going up to Denver to meet with people you know over the internet. Especially people who are older than you."

:p Oh well, I already got the OK to see AoTC up in Denver thought. :D So I guess I'll see you guys then!

14. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    I second for 11am on the 22nd, show and D&B's till 5pm.

15. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I'll make the third, and I believe that carries the motion. And for the 5 W's of criminal investigation (sorry, a friend of mine getting her degree in criminology, & was helping her study for finals).

Who: Rocky Mtn FanForce
    What: Great Movie, Food & Fun
    Where: Colorado Center Complex (D&B's)
    Off of I-25 & Colorado Blvd
    (Left @ first light south of I-25)
    When: Dec. 22, 11AM - 5PMish
    Why: Does it really matter when it
    involves cool movies and awesome
    video games?

PS - If anybody on the South Side needs a lift just let me know.

16. stone_jedi

stone_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    I should be able to make it if I'm in town. I might be going to San Diego that weekend...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.