main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY December Meet and Eat

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Nov 30, 2011.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    After some discusion with Zannah since we really don't know exactly when Dar is coming home we're gonna hold off on a large shindig and have a simple group Meet and Eat for December.
    So...

WHEN? I'm thinking everyone gets pretty busy on the weekends during December so somthing during the week like usual? Maybe midmonth? Thursday Dec 15th? or something early the following week-Monday Dec 19 or Tues Dec 20th?

WHERE? We did Buca di Beppo last year and that was tasty and handled our large group well. Or something buffet style like Jumbo's?

Thoughts? Feedback? Suggestions?

2. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey everyone, I don't know what day and I couldn't post it even if I did. But I should be home just before Christmas as long as things go smoothly. Quite excited to be home and looking forward to seeing all ya'll!

3. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Any day during the week is good for us. And I have a suggestion... maybe as Dar will be home some time right before Christmas, but we dont know exactly when... maybe we can make our Meet and Eat for Buccas the week between Christmas and New Years Eave? That could be anywhere from Monday Dec. 26th, threw Friday Dec. 30th. Its only a suggestion tho. [face_batting]

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    It's a good suggestion though. As long as we know Dar will be around and doesn't plan any traveling over the holidays. How about it Dar?

5. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Sounds good to me. I won't be going anywhere until the end of January.

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Cool then. Maybe Buca's on Friday the 30th? If that's too close to the weekend for folks maybe Thursday the 29th? Feedback?

7. BulbousFreak

BulbousFreak Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2007
    11-11 and I will try to be there regardless of the day chosen...don't think we've really got a preference.

8. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Sounds good to me. I should be home by then, I'll be around. Any day works for me.

9. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Friday the 30th sounds wonderful for Appo and I. However... any of those days in that week will work, so if it's not a good night for the rest of the crew, then again, any day will work. [face_dancing]

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Looks like Bucca's on the 30th is the current frontrunner. Anyone else want to chime in?

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    No? Ok then...Buca on the 30th it is then. I'll call for reservations and see what time is available and post it up. Shooting for our usual 7PM time. If the usual suspects show up I'm thinking about 15? people. If you can't make it post up, or if your bringing someone else with you (Jammies?) post up.

Any final thoughts?

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Reservations are made for 7PM Fri Dec 30th under the name "Eckhardt".

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Oh, and if we have any frustrated followers (those that can't sign on the boards) that want to come out and meet us you're very welcome. Just shoot me an email at jedimika(at)hotmail(dot)com

14. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Ya know, and this is completely off topic but, everytime I see the word Eckhardt, I get a Batman flashback of Jack Nicholson as the Joker telling Eckhardt to think about the future.....lol!

15. Kepare

Kepare Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2010
    I intend to be there. I haven't been on the forums lately because I lost the password with an OS restore. Some slicing tricks involving Linux and a freezer got me back up and running.

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    That's awesome. I don't think I've seen you since Fright Night Film Fest.

17. Kepare

Nov 6, 2010
    It's been a long few months. A LONG few months.

18. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Wow Kepare, several of us can relate with that statement. Whew!! :eek:

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Just a bump. Hope to see everyone Friday!

20. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    Due to some good fortune, Kiniska and I will be able to attend this Friday. Might not be able to spend the entire time, but we will be there.

21. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002

Brandy and I will be there :)

22. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Count on Appo and I. Also Deamonicus. [face_batting]

23. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    I just got off of the phone with Estreya.. she says that she and Nocturnus are having issue with being able to post on the forum, and asked me to let you all know that they will be at tomorrows dinner. They may arrive more around 7:30ish, but they will be there. [face_batting]

24. Kepare

Nov 6, 2010
    I may run into you on the way, Zannah. I got the goahead to use vaca time and leave work early, but not for the full day, so Y'all will get to see me in all my dusty, gross-from-working-on-computers-and-covered-in-thermal-paste glory. Just another glamorous day in the life of a Geek Squad agent.

25. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey everyone. I just wanted to thank you all who showed up for being there. Both Showtunes and I love you all very much and we were so happy to see you guys. Ya'll really make what we do worth all that we do, and being able to enjoy that dinner with each one of you again is an honor.

I really mean that. James and I both really appreciate ya'lls friendships and you all mean the world to us. Again, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you all and it was so great to see you again.