Mass December Meet

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by McLOVIN, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    3:15 is actually perfect as I usually serve dinner between 4 & 5!

See you then.

So, who all do we have coming? I need a final count as soon as possible so that I can look for the perfect ham! LOL

Seriously, can I have a count please so that we all know how much food we all need to make/bring?

Also, we need a vote on the gift swap - yes or no? Doesn't really matter either way to me... I would be just as happy to just get everyone together for the evening!

Don't forget... padawans/wookiee cubs/apprentices are all welcome!

This is going to be fun!

2. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be there, most likely with my 2 kids.

As for a swap, it makes no difference to me. I would suggest that if we do one, we keep the max. price low. Say in the $10 range.
  3. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd really love to join in the festivities, sounds like WOV is putting on a wonderful night for everyone. My wife is due with our first child December 7th, so I'll have to bow out this year. I don't think she's going to make it to the 7th, she looks ready to explode any second (more like the first Death Star in the Special Edition than the second). Had to get my geekness in before the year ended.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Frank

4. McLOVIN Jedi Knight

star 1
    Frank congrats to you and your wife on your first child.

Keep us posted on the little one's arrival.

Will it be a boy or girl?

Chris
  5. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, congrats on the upcoming arrival! :)

I'm all for the gift exchange. I'll pick something up this Saturday, since it may be my only opportunity to do so. And just in case we don't do it, I'll make sure it's something I wouldn't mind keeping. ;)
  6. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Congrats on the impending arrival Frank. Get your rest while you can...you're going to need it!;)
  7. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everyone! We're having a girl, Stefania Marie. She already has her first piece of Star Wars apparel, the staff interpreter at our office got her a Jedi Academy jumper.
  8. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi guys... just me, checking in.

I am actually working a temp job this week... yay! I had gotten a job part time at Macy's at the mall but, then I got a call and now I am here. LOL

Anyway. I was just checking in here to see what the scoop was on the holiday party. I may have to work the day of the party but, I am still looking forward to the evening with all of you.

So, it looks like we will be doing a swap. I agree with keeping it at not more than $10 (I think that's all any of us can afford right now.... LOL).

Anyway, I think most of you have my cell number. If I can't make it back here as we get closer to the party, please call to get directions, etc.

As far as the # of people for food? Let's count on about 15... sound good?
  9. McLOVIN Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am glad to hear you got some work Korey.
    I hope things will get back to normal soon.

I am definetley looking forward to the feast.

I have never done a swap before so how does that go? Should I bring a SW item or gift certificate?

I will post in a couple of days what food besides my salsa I will be bringing?

How about some stuffing?
    I love stuffing.

I know it sounds strange with ham but stuffing rocks.

10. McLOVIN Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am definetley looking forward to the feast.

I have never done a swap before so how does that go? Should I bring a SW item or gift certificate?

I will post in a couple of days what food besides my salsa I will be bringing?

How about some stuffing?
    I love stuffing.

I know it sounds strange with ham but stuffing rocks.

11. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Stuffing? Sounds yummy!

A gift swap, well, we are a SW group so, SW stuff is good but, usually people do scratch tickets, gift cards, etc. Up to you! I don't know what I am going to do just yet. hehehe

Anyway, who else is bringing what? Let me know!
  12. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll bring some taters.

As for the swap, it's simple. Everyone brings a gift (wrapped) and picks a number out of a hat. Whoever gets the #1 picks first and opens the gift. Then it's #2's turn. They pick a gift and then must decide if they want to open that gift or trade it for the gift #1 has. If they trade with #1, #1 must open the gift #2 picked. Then it's #3's turn and so on.
  13. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, so... thus far we have the following:

Korey - Ham
    Chris - Salsa and chips
    Mike - Taters
    Roseanna - Dessert (?)

I am going to do my darndest to get some home-made fudge made for everyone as well.

I am going to plan dinner for about 4:30 so that we have time to visit, eat, be merry and get Roseanna back to the train station in time.

Sounds good?

Looks like we need another vegetable to go with the taters and the ham.

Drew/Jorge/Richie: Are you guys going to be able to make it?

14. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Doesn't appear likely I'll make it, K, much as I'd like to be there. [face_plain]
  15. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'm not sure if I could come to this... I don't even know where it is... but it would be nice to meet more of you guys...

:-\

16. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I am going to try and make it. Since it is will be a later start we should be able to. More about it in PM to ya Korey.

Jorge
  17. McLOVIN Jedi Knight

star 1
    Need directions please PM sent to you Korey. :)
  18. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    My daughter is very excited to meet you all on Saturday... she's even more excited that I am making my - as she called it - 'famous ham' as she didn't think she was going to get any this year because she's with her Dad for Christmas!

And she can't wait to talk to Roseanna b/c of where you go to school... she wants to go there when she gets older too (she is very smart).

ANYWAY...

Here's what I've got for people bringing on Saturday. Please let me know...

Korey - Ham
    Chris - Salsa and chips
    Jim - ??
    Mike - Mashed Taters
    Roseanna - Dessert (?)
    Jorge - Veggie Platter

Don't forget your grab gift... are we going to do a swap or a grab?

I plan on having the ham ready for about 4:30 or so.

Roseanna - what time is your train arriving in Southborough?
  19. PinkYaddle Jedi Knight

Hey everyone, this is Drew's wife Christa.

How do you all feel about hosting a 3-year-old's birthday party? We'll supply the cake, the big 3 candle and Zachary's gifts so all you have to do is watch. Of course since my baby is turning three I might get a little emotional but that will soon be over.

Let us know either way, thanks!

Christa

20. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Korey, can you PM me directions to your place when you get a chance?
    Thanks.
  21. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Christa... we would love to host the cake for the little padawan!

I'll PM you...

22. DarthIshyZ Force Ghost

star 3
    Is it a transportation issue? If so, someone may be able to swing by to pick you up.

I've been part of a swap like this before. It gets quite fun. #4 takes #2s gift and #2 takes #3s gift and #4 takes the gift he took from #2. Believe it or not it can get hillarious!

One added twist: no takebacks. If #4 takes #2s gift, #2 can't turn around and take it back that same round. #2 could get it back in a next round, but that's something else entirely.

Beware of teams, though. Christa and I knew a married couple that came to the Washington, DC FF Christmas meet. They both wanted this one particular gift, so if someone took it from her, he would find a way to take it back. If someone took it from him, she would do the same! I'll be watching you! :)
  23. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am really looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday...

I hope you won't be too disappointed - I may not have the cash flow to buy the ingredients for the fudge....

If anyone else needs directions, please let me know...

OH!

I almost forgot...

I am picking up Roseanna at the train station at 3:15 so, please don't plan on arriving before 4... I wouldn't want to keep you waiting.

Parking will be at a premium (the right 2/3 of my driveway belongs to my neighbors) so, please try to park on the street....

Yay! I really am excited about this and, my kids are really excited that they will have little ones to hang out with!
  24. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Right now it looks like it will just be me and my daughter. My S.I.L. is taking my son and her's to the movies to see 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' Saturday.
  25. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    How cute is my son... he was cleaning his room before school this morning so that the younglings can all hang out in his room on Saturday evening!

So, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow, huh? IF you decide you can't make it on Saturday afternoon, please give me a call and let me know. If you need my cell number, please PM me.

I am not sure the full forecast for Saturday but, I know they are predicting more snow starting Saturday evening - Sunday....

I am really excited about Saturday. I am buying the ham tomorrow!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.