main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO December Meeting, 12/18 at Lazer Core in O'Fallon MO

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Possible dates: 12/4, 12/11, 12/18, 12/26 (I know it's a Sunday) or 12/31.

This one's in St. Charles/St. Peters. Do you St. Chuck people have a location suggestion? Last time we were out that way we did lazer tag. Nice place, and we can get a room for about $20 IIRC.

Also, anyone have plans for New Years? I could probably talk Randy into having a little get together here if we have enough interested people.

2. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Ummm, nothing comes to mind right now. But I am kinda busy with a lot of stuff going through my mind right now, I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

3. Master_Nawibo_Ibonek

Master_Nawibo_Ibonek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    How about Dave and Busters.

4. Maygin

Maygin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    The Dave and Busters in Earth City? That would be SO fun!!

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Only problem with that is you can't go in alone if you're under 21, and it's really expensive. We have to have a place open to all ages.

6. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Dave and Busters is super expensive. :(

LazerCore was so much fun. Going back there wouldn't be bad. Except that I would definitely have to watch out for blowing out my knee again. Did I tell you guys about that? :confused:

Yes! St. Charles/St. Peters!! :D :D

The dates of the 26th and 31st aren't going to work for me I belive. Maybe the 31, but not the 26th. I'll get back to you with the dates.

7. Maygin

Maygin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    You're right, it is expensive. Laser Tag would be really fun too! Honestly... I'll have fun wherever we go!

8. Jengospride

Jengospride Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2004
    Good grief. It's been at least 12 years since I've played laser tag. That sounds like it'll be fun, if I don't break something...

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    It is good fun. I love it and don't get to go enough.

What date now?

10. Jengospride

Nov 1, 2004
    I could make possibly make either the 18th or 26th. They shut down the plant over the holidays, so it'd be nice to escape the insanity during the break.

11. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    well, I've never been to a meeting, so maybe I'll have to try to make this one.

the 4th and 11th, I'll still be in Kirksville, and the 26th I'll be on my way to Colorado. but if I don't have to work, I could actually make the 18th.

of course, don't plan the meeting around my schedule because chances are I'll have to work at the holiday inn that night. I don't like it, but it's so hard to pass up $150 after taxes for 9 hours of work.

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The 18th actually sounds doable, I think most of the college bound members of the group will be back then.

Any objections to 12/18?

13. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I think my last final is the 16th. I've never played lazer tag, though.

14. MiracleMets22

MiracleMets22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    If we're set on 12/18 then I'll put in the request to have off today. 12/15 is my birthday so buy me lots of stuff!!! lol, just kidding. As for laser tag....do we use Napoleonic-style tactics, trench warfare, squad-based or all out assault? It'd be cool if we had stormtrooper armor for it, lol.

15. Jengospride

Nov 1, 2004
    Mmmmm...Armor...I only wish. SANTA PLEASE!!!!!!!

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I think it's just every person for her/himself. There are lots of walls and high places to hide. It's also fun in team style. I'll call the place we went to before and see our options.

18th is firm then. Time suggestions, 2 or 4, when do you think? Also shall I reserve the room and everyone can split the cost (be like <$5 each).

17. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    On the 18th my step-mom, Bree, and I are going to see a play (Heidi--yee ha). It's at 2:00 so if you had it later (4 or 5ish) there's a good chance I could come cause I could just get my step-mom to take Bree back with her (they'll already have the little one).

Also, what's everybody doing on New Year's Eve? It'd be nice to have a little party, but my parents party more than I do so I'd have a hard time with the sitter situation.

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    4 or 5ish could be done. No plans for New Year either. I'm willing to go where ever. We could have a kid friendly get-together if you wanted.

19. jedi-laurel

jedi-laurel Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2004
    18th works for me too. I also have never played laser tag, so beware. :)
    New Years is the perfect night to stay home- eat, drink and have fun. (Who wants to be out with all the other drunks on the road.)

J_D Edit ;)

20. LeraTheElf

LeraTheElf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    I've played laser tag twice. It's too fun. Of course the second time I played they told us because of safety we weren't allowed to run, yell or tackle anybody. Whatever.

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    So, it's LazerCore again, huh? AWESOME!!!

Just have to remember to take care of my knee...

Hm. Should I bring Ted to this meeting? Remember last time he whupped all of us. ;) I'll see what he's up to, because he's been working way too much lately... Kind of sad, I haven't talked to him in a while now. :(

They told us we couldn't run either, but we did. At least I did. I saw some others running too... ;)

MEMO TO ALL: Whatever you do, don't dive behind a wall and land on your knee, and get back up firing again. No heroics. ;) That's how you ruin your knee for life.

So, are we going to rent a room again, like last time?

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yes! Invite Ted, he's so fun to tease. We could gang up on him :D

I'm thinking the room was a good place to hang last time so we should try that again. That way if everyone doesn't want to play they have a place to be. Anyone up for more SWTP?

We should bring sabers for the hell of it. Beat each other up in the parking lot if nothing else.

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I'm thinking the room was a good place to hang last time so we should try that again. That way if everyone doesn't want to play they have a place to be. Anyone up for more SWTP?

As long as we come up with better rules to make it more challenging. Maybe some EU trivia?

We should bring sabers for the hell of it. Beat each other up in the parking lot if nothing else.

YES!! Very cool! I would say you all could come over to my house and beat up on each other there, but I'm not sure that would fly with my parents. ;)

I remember the last time we tried that in a parking lot Dajuan... A part of one of my sabers went flying and bouncing across cars in the parking lot. That was so freakin' hilarious. [face_laugh]

24. Jengospride

Nov 1, 2004
    The rooms a good idea. I'm not sure about lightsabers though. I have a bad feeling about that. There are too many posts about y'all takin' classes & stuff. I'd get schooled!!

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Nah, we're nice to new swordsmen/women. Except VoijaRisa, watch out for him (he is the one who taught me).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.