main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA December meeting at Fuddruckers.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Allie Fox, Dec 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    The Macon Clones will be meeting tomorrow night at 6:00. The meeting will be held at Fuddruckers on Zebulon Road. After the meeting(and a bite to eat) we'll head across the street to the AmStar 16 to see LOTR:TTT.

DIRECTIONS:

The best way I know to get to Fuddruckers and the theater is by way of US 80 to I-475. I'm pretty sure everyone knows where tha mall is. Go past the mall toward Sam's Club and Macon College. Just past the Target shopping center get on I-475N. Travel I-475N until the ZEBULON ROAD exit(EXIT 9). As you get off the exit ramp turn right. Fuddruckers is on the left across from the big shopping center.

I hope those directions help.

I've got an agenda mapped out(Mr. Anal Retentive Chef here). I hope we can eat and talk. TTT starts at 8:00 and 9:15 so that will give plenty of time to eat and get across the street.

I hope to see you there. Cheers!

2. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

Grand_Admiral_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Just so you know, Allie Fox, I'm coming.

3. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Time for the update/minutes:

Members in attendence - Allie Fox, Grand Admiral Jedi, Little Jedi, Sabrann and Smiling Otter.

The meeting was held at Fuddruckers' on Zebulon Road in Macon. 60% of the group tried ostrich meat for the first time(and it was good).

The first agenda item discussed was "Suggestions for by-laws." A copy of by-laws from another group was handed out as a model. Each member was asked to look over the "model" and make suggestions. By-laws, rules and regulations should cover conduct, dues(if needed) and leadership. Ideas will be discussed further in January.

Recruitment was second. I informed the group of my efforts to have our current meeting listed in the local newspaper's "Community Calender" section. The announcement did not appear so I will try again next month. Recruitment posters were handed out and members will post them in their area. Sabrann took the bull by the horns and asked the management of Fuddruckers' to put one up and they did(WAY TO GO GIRLFRIEND!!).

For the moment we will use the Macon Clones YAHOO! group that Sabrann set up as our means of posting pics and other messages. I will register a web address by the first of the year and start making some progress toward a website.

Future meeting ideas were kicked around including another meeting at Macon College for a viewing of the original trilogy. Everyone agreed it would be worth the $60 reservation fee to spend the day watching the original trilogy(as in Han Solo shoots first, R2 doesn't taste very good and Yub Yub Ewoks) on the big screen.
    We also discussed Dragon*Con and a possible Southeastern FanForce conference(see the thread on the Southeastern Region messageboard). I informed the group of the plan for an Episode III lineup.
    The idea of forming a secondary group for RPGs was suggested. I will post a message to see who is interested and try to arrange a meeting at Comix Plus during their "Open Table" night.

The January meeting will be posted here on the messageboard as soon as information is available.

After meeting and dinner we adjourned to the AmStar 16 to see "The Two Towers."

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    It sounds as if y'all had a very constructive meeting. :)

Keep up the good work! :D

This moment of happy vibes was brought to you by your friendly FanForce Southeast RSA. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.