Chatt, TN December meeting date decided

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Layren, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    OK everybody as it says this is the thread to plan for next month's meeting. We're looking at Thursday the 16th or Friday the 17th as possible target dates -- opinions?
  2. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Ahem -- what I said was "opinions needed..." That means for you guys to post them and not keep them in your head :p
  3. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    As far as I know (oops, I'm on a chatboard, let me abbriviate).

AFAIK, either day is ok with me. Of course, as the holiday's really kick in around then, it's hard to say what'll be going on. BUT... the sooner we can nail down a day, the better off we'll be.

Let's assume there will be around 10 people for the next meeting. Depending on where we'd like to have it, we should probably see if we can make reservations that far in advance. We could always add a few chairs to the table if more come. ;)

So... let's just say we'll meet on Friday the 17th. Where would you like to go?

Will someone explain (in detail) the gift giving game you guys talked about at the Halloween party? I've heard about it, but I never been to one. That might be the easiest to pull off since we won't know for sure who'll be there until that day gets here.
  4. drthmrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    well as you all know, i cant make it either thursday or friday of that week.i will be going down to atlanta on the 18th. the third week of the month will always be a problem for me. unless you pick eithier a monday or tuesday of same week, then i wont be able make it.
    but thats ok. as long as i can stay active in the forum i will continue to add my support and do what ever i can,when i can. of this, you have my word.
  5. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    OK... Let's try the process of elimination on this one. The December meeting was going to be tricky because of the holiday's, so maybe we just figure out a day that most of us can attend.

For sure, at the December meeting, we should decide what the regular meeting day will be every month after that. That way we won't have to worry about it so much. Once set, we either can make the monthly meetings or if something comes up, catch the next one. As long as we all keep posting on the boards, I don't think anyone will not be informed as to what's going on. PLUS, once we get a gaming night going, all of us will have the opportunity of getting together more often. No meeting stuff will be decided at these get-togthers, but if any ideas want to get hashed around there to be brought up at the next official meeting, then I guess that would be ok.

So, with that, what won't work in December? I thnk we can rule out the 24th and 25th. Anything else? DrthMrl already said Monday's and Tuesday's are good plus the 18th (Saturday) he already has booked.

Who's next?
  6. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Anyone, anyone? Bueller?

OK, I'm going to do a little trick that I pull on my wife every so often. Here's my proposal:

Friday, December 17th at the Wal-Mart deli in East Ridge.

PLEASE come up with something better. :p
  7. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Walmart? is that the best you can do? How about Red Lobster here in Hixson on the same date?
  8. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Alrighty everybody. Since it's been awhile and nobody's come up with a better suggestion, our meeting date is Friday December 17th at Red Lobster by Hamilton place mall at 7:00. Bring a star wars gift for $20 or less so we can play dirty santa :) Let me know if you plan on attending so I can make reservations for our group because Fridays at 7 are busy ANYWhERe but especially at such a delicious seafood place :)

For those of you who don't know what dirty santa is pm me and I'll be happy to explain :)

9. darthjess Jedi Padawan

Unfortunately, Matt & I won't be there. We are seeing a concert (my FAVE singer) here in Nashville. But we miss you guys a lot and hope you have fun.

On a different note....I need bios from Layren, Tim, & Jason and whomever else needs to send their bio to me for the site.
  10. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    I will not be able to attend any meeting in December if it is scheduled on a weekend. I have too many previous engagements and/or family times to attend to.
    If you do not have enough people able to meet on the "agreed upon" date, I suggest trying something during the week b/c more of us will have that time available. I can't gaurantee that I will be available for any other date, but the chances are much better if you choose something on a weekday. :)

Otherwise, you guys have a great time and I'll see ya in January.
  11. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Suggest a day you can come and we'll see what everyone else can do. We just needed to post "something" so we'd have something to work off of. I seem to be the most flexible as to when the meeting happens, so I'm ok with whatever date we end up with. I AM booked on the the 4th and 10th, however.

Post some dates we can look at.
  12. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    How about Thursday the day before? would that work better for you? :) I was only doing it because nobody suggested anything and we MUST make reservatiosn if we want to do anything at Christmas time with a big group out somewhere.

13. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    As far as I know right now, Tuesday & Thursday of that week look OK to me. :)
  14. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    So Thursday 7:00 at Red Lobster here by Hamilton place mall? Does that sound good to everyone? I need you guys to e-mail me or PM me if you're going to be there and tell me how many people you're bringing with you so I can make reservations.
  15. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Thursday works for me. December going to be a hard month to catch everyone, so if anyone can't make it this time, please, PLEASE keep watching the boards as we're going to try to set a date in January to where we can all get together for some fun.

Are Monday's (usually) good with everyone?
  16. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    oh wait... hang on. anyway it could be the 17th or after? i'll be home then.

and dirty santa? is that like secret santa?
  17. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    Jedi_Sha! nice to see you thinking about us as you plan your holidays! How long will you be in town for? We are having a major problem with this meeting time b/c of holiday/family schedules. Layren, our wonderful Chapter Rep, will be out of town after the weekend of the 18th, and I can't do it on the 17th b/c I'll be out of town. I don't mind if it works for the majority of you guys--I can sit this one out (seems I'm good at that). I just want us all to have a good time. And I was totally excited about meeting another pioneer of the Chattanooga FanForce founding!

Anyway guys--if you'd rather have it on the 17th, go on and do it. Seems like you might have more people on that night, so go ahead *hangs head* have fun without me! :(

[face_laugh] Seriously, guys, do whatever--I'll still be around when it's all said and done! :)
  18. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    well it looks like my last final is at 8am on the 16th (8am, what sort of idiot schedules exams at such an ungodly hour anyway?) so i'll probably be out of the dorm by noon and home by dinner. and my first night home i'd rather not run right back out to meet somewhere. but if all else fails i'll try to make it.

but i'll be here the 17th through sometime in january. oh, for the record... I'M HOME FOR THANKSGIVING! WOOOOOHOOO! after 5 hours on the road and 2 starbucks doubleshots i'm back and i'm so glad! i miss the mountains when i'm in ky. it sucks.
  19. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hi Jedi Sha! Glad to see you're home for the Holidays. I think we're still not exactly sure when the best day would be for the meeting. Boy, it sounds like everything is happening at that time of the month. No surprise, really. No matter what day it is, someone won't be able to make it.

Just vote in the poll and I guess we'll see what everyone's preference is and go from there. I know of two people who would also prefer Monday's as a meeting day, so we'll need to think about that for a regular meeting day in 2005.
  20. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey guys, I tried to make reservations for us at Red Lobster but they don't take reservations so everyone just try to get there early. I'll try to go awhile ahead and get a spot for us.
  21. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    They don't take reservations? Man, that stinks. Maybe we won't have to wait too long. Layren will be the official holder of the light-up, vibrating, coaster-looking, too-lazy-to-just-call-your-name thing while we wait. Meanwhile, I'll just be blaring Star Wars music throughout the parking lot until they give us a table!
  22. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    sounds like a plan, Vesper: annoy them into giving us a table. I just hope they don't spit on my shrimp! lol
  23. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    If we have to resort to "plan B"... don't order the shrimp.
  24. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    One more day left folks -- I look forward to seeing you guys again. Feels like it's been awhile. We really do need the gaming days.
  25. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    guess what.
    i'm home.
    i was able to take my acting final last week and got to leave at 11 this morning so that means i'll make it to the meeting.
    sorry guys, looks like you will have to put up with me for the evening.

so who do i look for? the big group of people talking star wars? or should i just wander aimlessly through the waiting area calling out "layren! vesper! sarka!" i could do either.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.