main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

December Meeting - general discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Dec 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Business as I understand it is just talking about activities that the chapter may be trying to organize. Lately, it's been T-shirts, a website, and organizing trips to IMAX and possibly University Hospitals that has been defined as business in my opinion.

"Great shot kid, that was 1 in a million"

The problem has been that:
    *there has been an increasing amount of little things that needed to be addressed at every meeting
    *when we set an agenda, the conversation gets sidetracked...taking longer to reach a solution "Stay on Target"

I would rather our meetings "buisness" be handled as quickly as possible, allowing us more time for the more social aspects of the Fanforce.

EDIT: If there are no objections...Cindy, with your house so bright...would you host our party tonight? (I know sad "Rudolph" reference...but I have to listen to it at Suncoast all the time)

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I agree, things need to be fun, and lately, as Geoff said, the other conversations has been taking us longer to reach a conclusion.

Geoff, I'll ask when I see my mom later. She's at the Christmas Connection craft show at the I-X Center, and I'm going in later today to help tear down. (I stayed at home to do homework.) I don't think it would be a problem, the house will be clean anyways. (As long as you guys bring some food like last time. ;))

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I think the business part should be there but not as much as it is now because of how long it is.

And second Geoff, our mom, and I went to the Christmas thing at the I-X center Friday and didn't see anyone...where were you guys?

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Cindy, like last time...you set the time (when you'd like us to arrive) I'll send word to Fanforce about our party/meeting.

As for bringing food/stuff...shall we observe the same rules as with the DVD party (bring something...or contribute $5 to the charity fund)

December Meeting - Sunday, December 22nd
    time: (TBA by Cindy)
    place: Cindy's house (PM for directions)
    cost: bring food/drink/supplies...or $5 cover

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I'll bring $5 for last time... but will I be covered for this meeting if I bring something like... oh, Dogma or Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (since I have them both and Cindy's been wanting to watch them?)

6. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    No, the $5 or bringing food/drink contributes to the cost of having the party. Movies, games, etc. does not count.

7. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    What if you CAN'T watch Dogma or Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back!

Every time I go Geoff pays for me or I go in with him on food. :D

8. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    What if you CAN'T watch Dogma or Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back!

There isn't anything in there that hasn't been said at one of our meetings. Live a little. :p

As for me being there? I don't know. My family has yet to announce any X-Mas plans. I may be busy. Plus that's usually around the time I start X-mas shopping. ;)

9. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    So are we definately meeting at Cindy's house? No one else is going to come up with another idea or something?

10. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    If we're meeting at cindy's then krash can learn me to ice skate on her pool. Schweet! ;)

-b-

11. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    You mean Teach right!

And if it took you as long as you to dive we will never leave!!!! :D :D :D

12. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    We can have it at my house as long as I do something this week. (No worries though... and it's not cleaning my room, even though I would like to clean it before the party.)

As for a time, I dunno, have to talk to my mom about a time... we might want to sleep in a little because I know we are going to be up late. ;)

Em, our booth was 1218, I was in the booth pretty much the whole day. We were the only booth in the whole place that had two E-Zups (at least to my knowledge). We had purses, and Boyds Bears. We were near the food court.

And if it took you as long as you to dive we will never leave!!!!

That, and it would be the middle of the night. ;)

If anyone has any other movies that they want to bring (Like how last time Don brought George Lucas in Love), bring them. Hopefully we will get the basement cleaned before our party, because I know that at least one person likes to watch a movie when they are over (becasue she doesn't play cards with everyone else).

What do you guys want to eat? Like I said before, we will have food left over from the party, but I don't know what you guys want. Tell me.

And could we start a list of who is coming so I know who to send directions to? (Plus who needs directions, because Geoff, Em, and Brian were already over and hopefully they don't need directions again. ;))

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I intend to come Cindy, as long as I'm still welcome in the group...

I can bring Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back if you want. I'll also do my best to remember to bring Jedi Unleashed this time. And if you have a deck of cards, we can play Mafia, but I'll put a Star Wars twist on it to make it more fun.

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    It seems that the easiest option for us (avaiod malls this time of year) is to have the party at Cindy's house. If Candii needs a ride, we're willing to pick you up (we've been there before)

Depending on the time when we get started, sleeping in shouldn't be a problem...everyone should have time to get some X-Mas shopping/church/whatever done on Sunday.

As for movies and games, bringing games/movies/entertainment doesn't count. It's to offset the cost of providing food/drink.

Cindy, post the time you want everyone to start showing up...and PM it to me, so I can send it to Fanforce.

EDIT: "Battle of Hoth" in the backyard?

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I know that money or food is so that everything is fair. I was planning on bringing games, in conjunction to the money or food. I still owe $5 from last time. I can just bring $10 I guess, or $5 and something. But I'll be sure to bring the other forms of entertainment too.

16. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    That would be SWEET to have a battle in the cold...just like Hoth. I can see the video now...a lightsaber fight in the middle of the Battle of Hoth.

When it comes to food I like PIZZA!!!! And games or movies...how about watching one of the classic trilogy...kind of like AOTC..Maybe TPM!

17. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Eric, you can come. You are welcome over my house.

And yes, bring the movies. God knows how much Sci-Fi cut out of Dogma when I taped it... plus I taped it downstairs... bad idea considering the cable doesn't come in really good on that channel. :(

How does 2pm sound? Not too late, not too early, and gives us time after we get home from church. (Unless some of you want to come with me. ;))

If there are no objections to the time by tomorrow, I'll PM Geoff with the official word.

Oh, and bring your lightsabers and Geoff bring your camera... Em has a good idea. ;)

18. Tuebor

Tuebor Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2001
    What types of lightsabers are used for the infamous duels? I'm not 100% sure, but I'll make it if able. Could someone PM directions from Akron? I'll bring TPM Monopoly if that isn't already on someone's list.

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Most of us have electronic lightsabers, as well as the smaller more durable ones...basically any of the toy lightsabers will do the trick.

Monopoly sounds good...we played SW Trivial Pursuit, and realized we're all a bunch of "Star Wars Geeks" ;)

2PM is fine with me, PM me Thursday and I'll send word to Fanforce.

20. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    SWEEEEEET!! Another lightsaber fight! I will most likely be the camera person but this will be cool!

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Who says you'll be doing all the camerawork? First off...I like doing that stuff (I did it for 7 yrs)...and second, your skills with a variety of lightsabers is improving.

22. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Yeah that is only because you are easy on me...when I fight someone else I stink. Plus I like working with the camera too!!!!!

23. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Tuebor, I have TPM Monopoly and the OT Monopoly, so you don't have to bring it. (or you can if you want, I haven't opened it yet I don't think.)
    I also have OT Trivial Pursuit, and also the new game that Candii got for me, the Jar Jar 3-D Adventure game, and the Escape from Death Star game that I brought to the last meeting.

Oh, and a hint, if you have a halloween lightsaber, that won't work, they are too thin, and not good to fight with.

I'll probably start PMing directions around next Sunday.

I'll give everyone until tonight to set a affirmitive time. (In case of any objections from anyone else.)

24. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    ***ANNOUNCEMENT***

The party is now official. I got done with that thing that I had to do this week.

I'll PM Geoff with the word right now.

EDIT: If you are coming and need directions, please PM me and tell me where you live (like what freeway is closest and best to get to Wadsworth on), and I'll know to send you directions. (In case I overlook a message, which I seem to do sometimes.)

Also, food, no one really said what they want. We will have sandwiches, is that all you guys want? (Oh, we will have a few other sides, but the main thing, what do you want?)

25. DarthJackie

DarthJackie Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2001
    I don't live to far from JarJarJedi's house, and she invited me, i'll bring chili dip along with chips for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.