main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq December Meeting/Holiday Dinner

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Lady!!!
    Holy Crap...your back! Glad to see you here again! Lets build that armor of yours!!!

2. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    Missed you Fetty! I'd love to get on this armor building mumbojumbo. What are you doing Saturday? Heehee. :)

3. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    To build armor...I am free....I think? Drop me a email or call

-Jess

4. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    Yeah, I've still got your number. Should I call you Friday to see how your Saturday looks? :) I have no tools, just the bare armor and stuff. :p

5. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    RSVP-ing!!! I can go!! and I will have my liscense by then too!! WHooooooo!

6. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    LadyNabbie driving is a scary thought. ;) See you there, miss you tons!

7. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I am RSVPing too....I just need to feel up the wife....OOPS..I mean firm up!

-Jess

8. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Wow! Its been busy. I should be sick more often.

Got the RSVP's... and no you don't have to eat you can hang out if you would rather LadyAnakin.

HUm, holiday gift exchange at the dinner. Sounds good to me, guess I know what I will be doing before the dinner now.

9. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Huh, what? Gift exchange? What?

10. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    nothing... I was thinking out loud... I never thought about if people wanted to give HOluday gifts to each other.

11. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    We can make it a fun game. Everybody bring a gift, NO MORE THAN $10 no less than $5, so no one gets duped. We pull numbers. 1 goes first. 2 can open a present or steal the gift from 1. It can go like this until everyone has something. Sound like fun?

12. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    So something like the White Elephant Gift Exchange?

If others want to do that? I can get the rules & post them so you can take a gander before decieding.

13. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    I didn't know it had a name. ;) Fantastic. :) I think we could have a lot of fun. Make it Star Wars themed, maybe? Can't have a Fan Force gift exchange without them. ;)

14. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    OKay here are the rules, I will let the group decide as a majority if this is something that they would like to do

White Elephant Game

Everyone brings a gift already wrapped. No one should know which gift you brought. Make up slips of paper with numbers on them and then each person draws a number.

To start, the person with #1 picks out a gift, opens it so all can see what it is. Then the person with #2 get to "steal" any unwrapped gift or chose from those not yet chosen. Person #3 gets again gets to "steal" any already opened gift or chose one of the ones still unopened.

The game continues with the following rules:

a) If someone steals your gift, you can steal someone else's gift (see following rules)
    b) Continue until everyone has had a turn for a gift. The turn is ended with the gift has been opened.
    c) A gift can only be "stolen" once during a turn.
    d) The 3rd "owner" of a gift gets to keep it, it can't be stolen again.

After the last turn, the person who started (since he didn't get a chance at the beginning) can put back the gift and "steal" and gift according to the rules. This starts the gift exchange again (following the above rules) and ends when someone chooses or is forced to take the gift given up by the person with #1.

I am not sure about anyone else who has done it but at my family reunions it doesn't even have to be something bought. We usually bring 3 things each person not going over 10 bucks each item-so something from home (nice though or funny) can be used.

15. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Ok....I am RSVPing for Yvonne...she said she wants to come!!!!

-Jess

16. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    I'm glad to hear Yvonne can make it! :) :) Tell her I said hi and that I can't wait to see her again!

17. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Yay!!! I like Yvonne!!! Tell her I said Hi too!!!! Can't wait to see everyone!!

18. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    I am *really* hard up for cash, so I will not be able to afford to bring any gifts per se. I can barely afford dinner. I will try and see if I have anything that can be used for a white elephant, but I don't think so.
    The only thing I might have had is being used for the Library staff day white elephant exchange. I'll double check though.
    I will be coming sans hubby.

19. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    No worries Skyra. It was an idea-not even totally plausible yet due to no one else has had an interest. It won't come about unless there is a majority agreement.

I can't wait to see you there.

20. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I actually still have to buy presents for the family. I can *TRY* and see if there's any left over money...going shopping before I go to the meeting

21. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    After thinking about it, I'm actually up for a white elephant thing. Varza's idea about using something that's around works for me, but I won't say anything about what it is if we do it. So here's at least one vote for the exchange...

22. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    I can bring a few extra things if anyone doesn't think they can find anything. :) If you want to play, send me a PM and I'll wrap a few extra somethings for the game. :)

23. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    OKay well thats 2 people-3 including me. Lor said no.

So I guess I should PM people and see.

24. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    OKay well thats 2 people-3 including me. Lor said no.

So I guess I should PM people and see.

BUt don't forget we still have the Toys for Tots to do as well that evening-those don't have to be wrapped-actually perfarablly not wrapped.

25. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I am in for it too!

-Jess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.