main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY December Meeting & Holiday Party - Dec 16th 11am

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    As discussed at today's meeting, we're going to turn next month's meeting into a Holiday Party and gift exchange.

We'll be playing movies (the Holiday Special was mentioned... :D) ordering pizza and asking everyone to bring something to share (drink, munchies, dessert, etc).

And, we'll have an optional gift exchange. People can bring a wrapped gift worth no more than $10 and we'll do an exchange.

We could also play Trivial Pursuit or some other cool SW themed game if folks are interested.

I will (as with all our meetings) extend invites to the 501st & Rebel Legion in case any of their local members would like to join us.

~Doc_Bev

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
  3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I heard back from Wesley's mom yesterday that the upstairs room is already booked for Dec 16th.
    But I think we can make do in the cafeteria. Maybe set things up in the back corner instead of the middle of the room.

~Doc_Bev

4. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    That sould be fine

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm going to bring popcorn, the projector, cheese & cracker tray and maybe some cookies.

We could still use: drinks, paper goods (cups, napkins and plates), more munchies and some games.

We'll have everyone pitch in for the pizza. We can probably wait to order that once we get there so that we know how many people to order for and what toppings to get. T & DarSolo - you would probably know what's the best pizza delivery place in that area...

~Doc_Bev

6. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    I'll bring some soda pop what do people like?

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    KnightShade and I are good with just about anything caffeine free.

~Doc_Bev

8. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    :D There are many choices for pizza in the area that delivers. Domino's, Pontillo's and Papa John's (mmm, garlic sauce) are right on Mt. Hope Ave.. Mr. Shoes (mmm, unusual specialty pizzas) is on E. Henrietta Rd./South Ave.. Little Venice (mmm, white pizza), Chester Cab and several others deliver to the area as well. What do you like? We tend to order from Papa John's the most, but then it's a couple blocks from us and there's always coupons around for them. In fact we just got more coupons for them in the mail yesterday. LOL When they say 40 minutes for delivery, they are often to our house in 15 minutes, but recently I found out that they do have a delivery charge. So, if the weather's fine, we pick it up and use the great carryout coupons. We'll bring as many coupons and menus as we can find, so people can decide.

We'll bring a dip and triscuits, cups, a couple bottles of soda, and maybe some Christmas cookies. Yep, the baking has begun.

9. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Papa Johns sounds shibby.

Daria, lets make this little Holiday Party game amusing...200pts...No Huges?

10. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Good about no huges - less to bring. Any other restrictions? Shall we each bring extra teams so that others could play?

11. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I'll bring two teams.

This way we can try multiple games with different combinations.
    However, if you have 4 boards, we can combine them all together and use a 4 man grid to practice for the King of the Mountain.

12. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    2 200 point teams on the 4 maps or 2 150 point teams? LOL - I have several maps (RS, CS, ROTS, and new starters, RS and ROS books, Endor pack, AT-AT pack, no CS book, Battle Of Hoth pack or promo maps; did I forget anything?), but the terrain could be different on each map. I'm not sure how easy it would be to fit 4 maps on the tables at MCH. I still have to go through my SW minis to make up Saturday's 150 point team and figure out my King of the Mountain team. I thought I could pull off the OR team, but I only have about 150 points of OR, John wants at least 200 points before adding in Fringe. I think I'm a little short on Mandos too without Ulic or Mandalore.

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Looks like we could still use paper plates, more drinks and snacks.

I'll bring napkins and some bottled water in addition to the other things listed above.

Papa John's sounds good to us.

~Doc_Bev

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sounds like we're in for a ton of snow on Sunday.
    It will be snowing overnight and then the heavy snow is supposed to start 9am Sunday.

Please keep your eyes on this thread as there's a chance the party may be cancelled or pushed to later in the day to give people time to dig themselves out.

~Doc_Bev

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, the weather forecast is looking a bit better. The heavy snows are supposed to start until 12pm instead of the 9am I saw forecast a couple days ago.
    I think that KnightShade got our snowblower working so hopefully we will be able to get out of our driveway easily.
    Unfortunately, Connor developed a 102* fever this evening so we'll have to see how he's doing in the morning to know how many of our clan will be able to leave the house. :(

~Doc_Bev

16. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Well its 820 and its looking decent outside but the worst is on the way according to Weather.com
    The big band of the storm is looking to hit in an hour or so according to that site
    I'm very on the fence and havent packed the car....I dont want to go out and get caught in this.

17. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    just got in from work roads aint to bad

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    KnightShade's out snowblowing the driveway now and as far as I know we'll be packing the car and heading out after he's done. It's 10:05am now.

~Doc_Bev

19. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Yea just got finished doing mine teaking a break then gonna hop in the shower. See yall about 11ish

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    KnightShade just finished with the driveway (and for some weird reason the neighbors driveway who already has a snowblower) and the car now (11:05am) so now we're packing the car to get ready to come over. :rolleyes:

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.