main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

December Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Jedi_Master_Kel, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    I'm starting a post for the next meeting. I was thinking that maybe we could do some prop building. Also we can discuss Dal--Intrepid's idea of doing a charity function for those less fortunate. I would like to have the meeting either late November or early December.

I would like to thank all who attended the movie on Sunday.

Dalton
    Tommy
    Justin
    Russel
    Kevin G.

We had a great showing, 6 total. All the props brought were awesome. We missed you BFof9 and Commander Data. Hopefully see you next meeting.

Jedi Master Kel/Supreme Sith Lord

2. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    We will try and make it :) I am gonna try and get another job thats not so hard on my ankle. I like my current job, it just is too rough on me sometimes, always having to work, and never doing anything else. Ia m so sorrie I coulnt some, but I worked all day and night, didnt get home till after midnight. i had off from 2-5:30 but I wouldnt have been able to do much, plus thats the day I go to my parents. we were mad busy, we made about $1000 more than our usually insanely busy sundays. it was really crazy, but anyway I got through it. Bye!

3. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Hey, Kevin, look, I'm posting here! Are you happy now? hehehehehehe

4. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
  5. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Speaking of posting, was that YOU who made that lightsaber that was brought to the costume party? Please let me know, I would be very interested in either obtaining one, or being shown how to make one, or whatever. :)

6. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I made both of the lightsabers. The single bladed one for Janine and the double bladed one for her apprentice Will. We are probably going to build some at our next meeting. You are always welcomed to attend and if you can't, I might be able to work out something where I come up there.

The first thing would be coming up with a design on paper. From there, go to Lowes or Home Depot (I personaly like Lowes better). Start in the plumbing department. Plan to spend and hour or two just looking around.

We may be able to work out a trade for some certain movies. But I love teaching and there is no greater satisfaction than seeing your ideas come to fruitition.

Just let me know.

Kevin

7. tommyfielder

tommyfielder Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2003
    Kevin and crew:

I would like to take this opportunity to tell everyone how much I enjoyed our meeting and movie over the weekend. I look forward to more in the future. I am excited about all of us putting our heads together on creating Star Wars props and so forth. It sounds awesome! Keep me posted. I would like to say that the next two months are going to be difficult for me to have extra time to work on various Star Wars projects due to the holidays coming up. However, once the holidays are under my belt I will be with you guys at full FORCE! I will do my best to make it at the next meeting. Keep me posted.

Tommy

8. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Yeah, it would be cool if you could come down and give a Jawa Hunter lightsaber clinic.

9. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah, man.... a clinic would be a great idea for the Outlanders, too. :)

10. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Ditto there. I would love to have a nifty Kel-saber (or at least find out how to make one). :) At our next meeting we'll see how many people might be interested. Then we can get with you to work out the details.

11. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Man! We're gonna have to find a lot more crystals for lightsabers! :)

12. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    We call him 1st!!!!

13. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    You've already had your turn. We're next! :p

14. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    What???? OK, fine, you have a to throw a big party and sew him a costume to get him to come to your house.

hehehehehehehehe ;)

15. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    so when/where is it? I need to know at least 2 weeks in advance. i cant do anything sundays...

16. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Does Saturday or anyday (except Mon) after 5:30 sound like a good time for you BFof9? We've really missed you and the former LtCmdData. Let me know what is best and we'll get the show on the road.

JMK

17. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    All my weekends in December are looking pretty crowded also. I'm going to New Orleans the first weekend and then have various family functions every weekend the rest of the month. I should still be able to do something in the evenings during the week with some notice, though probably not very long. I'd still like to do some prop building, but it may be tough with the holidays. Perhaps we can still have a meeting this month, but maybe push back the prop building until after the holidays. Or maybe we can just pre-plan some of our ideas for props this month and then get to building in January? That's just a suggestion, but I will try to work with whatever we decide to do.

18. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    i MAY be able to take a saturday off or maybe work during the day and take off the night... Rough with the holidays as well, plus I work nights (going to work at 5:00) Mondays are my only day off. If I can ever get another job with a daytime schedule, i may be able to do something better...but for now, im screwed. Sorry guys, I have missed you too. If i were able to attend, i agree with dalton...

19. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I always swore when I had a kid that people would start coming to my house for the holidays, but it never fails, as I'm still burning up the roads. My problem is that my parents are divorced, so one trip to my dad's, one to my mom's, then the in-laws (thank goodness they're still married), then my entire family with my grandmother, uncles, cousins, etc., and then my wife's giant family gathering with extended family all take place during December and they start during the second week and continue on and on and on and on and on . . . *eyes getting heavy - road getting blurry*

20. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Stay awake, stay awake!!! Don't hit the pink elephant!

JMK

21. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Do we still want to meet this month, or do we just want to wait until January? I am free any night the next couple of weeks. If we can all draw up some scetches of what you would like as your lightsaber and bring them to the meeting, we would just have to meet for a short time.

How does Barnes and Nobles sound? What night is best for ya'll, especially you Robbie? We've missed you and LtCmd Data.

Jedi Master Kel

22. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    a REALLY good time for me would be the 22 or 23rd, cause I have the whole christmas week off. Is there anything we could need to get for the prop making next month? I need to know so I can save up some money. I have missed you guys too and hope maybe it can be that week. (or if u arent in class for a time, any monday night is good Kev) bye guys

BFo9/Robby

23. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Alright guys and gal, how does Monday, December 22nd at 5:45pm at Barnes and Nobles sound to everyone. BFof9 and LtCmdData, this should be good for you, QotC said he can probably make it. I'll be there. Dal-Intrepid, how about you?

Just bring your drawing of what you would like your lightsaber to look like. Share with the rest of the group your ideas, about anything.

Let me know.

Jedi Master Kel

24. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    could u give us a ride home Kevin? If so, then we're definatly on :)

25. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I would be more than happy to give ya'll a ride home. Don't forget to bring your plans for your lightsabers.

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.