main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL December meeting????

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by tristan458, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Is there going to be one before everyone takes off for the Holidays?

2. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I actually think this forum died overnight. It's funny, we're pretty much where we started from exactly one year ago...go us!

Dreams pass in time....

3. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Dreams might pass in time, but then they return when you are sleeping in your bed with your manly nipples showing.

You know what's funny? Well, two things. First, Hasbro makes figures for everything, right? I mean, if someone appears in the films, there is a figure. We have a billion Anakins, Leias, Vaders, Lukes, Hans, Padmes, etc. Why, then, don't we have the figure we all really want? That's right, "Nipple Nightmare Anakin, includes Naboo Royal Bed!" Fan Choice Figure maybe?

The second funny thing is how dead, as you said, it has become here. The last meeting, even while missing two of the regulars, had more people than we had ever had, lasted over two and a half hours, and included three "new" people.

And now the forums are a barren wasteland. I can hear the wind blowing through the burned out buildings, a dog runs by as a gun shot rings out somewhere in the distance. Oh, and a tubmle weed. There must be a tumble weed.

Brandon

4. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    We are going to have a christmas party....

5. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Cool. Im really looking forward to it. Hope to see everyone there!

6. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    We are? When? Where?

Brandon

7. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    yes ...that is right....a gift exchange im thinking....perhaps.

maybe a blue screen will be present

i think we should have a starwars short contest

8. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Date/Time/Location?

Come on, spit it out!

9. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    i think our usual library setting will do...we need to get a really big room...and i would like to invite all of florida

10. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah I think it's me- when I disappear so does the rest of the group- let's see if I can use my Battle Meditation to summon everyone back. Anywho... Hey peeps!!! I know most of ya could care less if I post or don't- sadly- I ponder if most- is really all of ya- well... let's see I have missed the last two meetings- and even the Melbourne ones- but to be honest- the meetings have gotten in a way routine- nothing fun ever seems to become of them- in short they are boring- sure we laugh and talk about Star Wars- but I thought that we were suppose to do things that were fun- like fanfilms- maybe attend movies- or something like that. I imagine the December meeting will go like this- 3 people will show up- one a little early- one on time and one half hour late- someone will post they will show up at 5pm and someone will say they will be a hour late and never show up- the 3 people will yak about silly things and get bored- one and half hours later everyone will go home- nothing accomplished. Somehow we get big ideas for meetings- and then... we leave with very little being accomplished. I realize I will be flamed incessitantly for saying what I have and someone will try and contract a Ninja squad to kill me- but- I just felt to be fair to myself and everyone to voice why I have been silent. Maybe some of you feel the same- maybe my opinions are unbiased- I hope that if some of you share in some part what I am saying we have a civil discussion and perhaps work towards making this a fanforce that has structure and purpose.

11. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    i think if we truely focused on fanfilms that we would have more people come... i think we need to do something where we each write a scene and put together a film...if the script sucks....who cares!! if we can make a sucky script into a good movie then we can make good movies :)

12. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    I only recently made my first meeting, and youre right all we did was sit around laugh and talk about Star Wars. Well there was some other minor things that we talked about. I however had an awesome time. Of all my friends that I grew up with and hang out with now, do you know how many of them like Star Wars? None, zero, zilch, it was awesome to hang out with a few other people and talk about Star Wars. Making a fan film would be outstanding, but I plan on making future meetings (barring any conventions that might be around). Call me carzy but I could have stayed all day last meeting and been happy. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next meeting, well.... you know.

Dale

13. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I mean don't get me wrong- sure it's fun to talk about Star Wars- but I can just as easily do that from home on IM. It is my profound hope we can all do more.

14. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I agree completely. See, I see, and agree to a point, with James' post. Nothing "gets done," and for those that need some kind of goal or what not, then, yes, the meetings are pointless. I support anyone that thinks that and would not argue with them at all.

However, I think the last meeting may have been one of the best ones yet. All I want out of the meetings is to hang out, talk, laugh, babble, and then go home and do it again in 30 or so days, if not less.

If fan films are discussed, that, of course, is fine. However, I'm in agreement in that it will probably never happen. Perhaps other Fan Force groups do have game plans and make movies or write fan fiction. That's cool, but it's not something I'd fun all that enjoyable.

I did laugh at what James had to say about people showing up late, leaving early, etc. Before the last two, that seemed to be the norm, but it seems that has changed recently. Like I said, everyone was on time, if not early, to the last one, and we all stayed about two and a half hours. I, too, could have stayed long, but I thought everyone was wanting to go, so we all left our little fish bowl room (horrible room compared to the others).

Anyway, that is that. I'll be at the next one whenever it is and will stay for as long as I'm wanted. I'm sure there is some limit to how long each of us can stand each other. =)

Maybe we can have Christmas Cookies at the next one...?

Brandon

15. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    mmmmm cookies...yum.....actually im one of those people that likes the idea of icecream and cookies....but i dont really eat them :p

i like hanging out to...although sometimes i get my add kicking in and i start to figit with stuff.....If i bring a lap top with me and wirte a script while we are all hanging out maybe that would help me....if everyone is fine with hanign out...cool then....i just really want to make my fan film buit want to start something smaller first....i dont want to dive into water too deep :p

it seemed to me that there are people wanting to do a fanfilm..... i want to do one and i like the work together idea because i dont want my film ideas to take over. when i say im going to do something...im going to do it :p
    of course we can have both things going on at the same meerting.....besides we need all you people who have read every bnook in order to check stories and so forth... :p

16. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm finally returned from a wonderful trip about halfway up toward the Great White North. Good to see a little action around these parts and hope we can get in gear to meet before year's end. A holiday party sounds like fun, I jokingly vote it should be at Ia's cousin's pool. If we establish a date, I promise to not shirk my duties- I can wrangle a room at the Main Library. I'll watch this thread.

I think this has been a great thread touching on many relevant topics. As I've said many a time before- I express my love of the Saga primarily through collecting (just scored a deluxe Reikkan and a $50 Shuttle today) so that's a big part of my interest in making contacts. When I think about goals that's part of why I come, but overall, I just dig speaking in a room of people that speak my language, a love of Star Wars. I take no offense at James' comments- his description has been a synopsis of several of the meetings I've attended. I just don't find it all that boring. I'm rather scatter-brained as it is, making the tangent-filled free-for-all SW-banter my cup of tea.

Anyhoo, that's all I brought for show-and-tell- so when should we hold this shindig? A Saturday always seems to work, that leaves the 20th. Hmm, a bit tight on the turnaround. Who's in town and available the Saturday after X-mas, the 27th? I'd be up for it. I'll take a show of hands, but we may have to abandon the 2003 ship and meet next year.

-Campbell

17. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I could do either date. To be honest, I'd prefer the 20th, but the next Saturday would be fine, too!

Brandon

18. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    I dont care, you know me.

19. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Yes we do. We know you wont be there no matter what day it is.

20. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Well, it appears I've got Saturday off if anybody wants to meet on the 20th. Pretty short timing, though.

And I'm going to Muvico to see Return of the King Wednesday at 2:40pm, if anybody's going then.

-Campbell

21. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    I'll have to check with my agent....

22. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I could do this Saturday, the 20th, if anyone else wishes to?

As for the ridiculous and horrible film, Return of the King, amazingly, I'll be seeing it in roughly 30 minutes (yes, 9:00pm on Tuesday! Take that all you midnight screeners! I laugh at you!)

Anyway, anyone else up for this Saturday?

Brandon

23. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Im up for it!

24. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    I think we have all agreed on the 20th then! :)

how about this time everyone show up for lunch :)

or we can have a morning meeting and then lunch

Ia

25. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I can already tell ya I won't be there- though oddly enough I will be in Orlando that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.