main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL December meeting????

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by tristan458, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The 20th it is. Now to devise a time. I've got an open day so gimme a time and I'll be there. Should I try for a library room or should we go low tech again this time? Let's not forget this is the last Saturday before X-mas so retail places might present big crowds. In fact, that might be a good reason to hit a food place a bit early in hopes of avoiding the mad rush. I'm all for incorporating grub into the plans.

Heck, does anybody want to come over to my place for a "Forced" viewing of the Holiday Special? It'd be fine with me.

-Campbell

2. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Anything's fine with me, but now I have one other item on my itinerary Saturday- I'm going to the Enzian at 4:30pm for a movie. (Yes, I'm taking a page out of Brandon's playbook).

-Campbell

3. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    SO I take it we're going to meet on the 20th? Is it safe to say that its going to be at the library? Any time frame yet?

4. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    well i dont mind meeting at someones house...that would be fine with me :) I will be going to a christmas party tonight so i wont be able to get online till tomorrow....when a time is ironed out someone please call me early tomorrow....407 791 3979.

I think it might be easier for people if we meet at the library because some people get lost n the past and now they are lerning where their going...(no, brandon, im not in the least refering to you :p). Thats all i have to say about that :)

my sugesstions are

1): meet at 10:00am for two hours and then we all eat lunch together :)

2) at 12:00 eat lunch together at philies (I-4 and colonial) I guess (or there is a quiznos at the corner of central and ornage ave i think so it is around the corner from the library). and then have our meeting at 2:00pm.

3) meet at cambells at like 12:00 and order a pizza and watch the christmas thing.

4) do number two or number one option at the library and get a video player there (they probably have ones you real into the room) and watch the christmas special.

5) one of the above options , but someone can bring a laptop with downloaded fan films and we can watch them on the laptop :)

I would like it if someone takes charge and decides what we are doing.... I think option 1 is the best...that way we all eat lunch together...but im in his for you guys so you tell me...i might be able to get online tonight...so someone make the call :) and if you do make the call...call me and let me know... im going to send out an email that says "read the boards for an update"

5. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    10:00am is soooo early. =) I can be there, no real problem, but I'd prefer something like 11:30am lunch and then, whenever that is done, head to the library or something. However, like Ia, I'm up for anything. I'll eat earlier or later, but as, well, as Ia knows, I'm not a big "eating while in a group" kind of guy. I am one of those types that would prefer to eat alone or with one other and get moving. "Sitting down to dinner" and the like has never ranked that high on my list. But, like I said, I'll do it if that is what everyone wants.

Okay, why not lunch at 11:00am then, and around 12:30pm - 1:00pm, we can head to the library. That way, we start before 2:00pm, and no one should really have any excuse to have to leave early. I know Campbell has a 4:30pm showing at the Enzian (everyone copies me now), but that gives us more than enough time to hang out, talk, laugh, etc., and then gives him time, and all of us time depending upon how our days are going, to get to where we need to be with time to spare.

Or, if none of that is doable, let's work on something else. Afterall, we have a few hours left. =)

Brandon

6. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    I'm confused...

How about just meet at the library around 2:00 PM and then everyone knows when to come. For those of you that are hungry, eat at 12:00 PM for lunch at anywhere. I'm not going to say that I'm coming because if I dont show up, all you meanies will make fun of me!!! So have fun all you ho ho ho's!

have fun
    -Anthony

7. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    All right, Orlando Sysketeers, here's the haps:
    Per the almighty Ia, and her trusty Senate (Campbell)- THE MEETING IS AT THE LIBRARY AT 11AM TOMORROW.

I'll bring the Holiday Special on VHS, maybe we can wrangle a moniter from the librarians- Ia, my friend (and new member Melanie), and I will follow the meeting with lunch with hopes that everyone will join us. Destination to be determined. The good news though is that WE ARE MEETING. See earlier capitalized letters for time and date. ttfn, Campbell

ps, If you need to reach me before the meeting, or just want to flame me and feel that message boards are not enough, my number's 407.999.5644.

8. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    THE JABBA SAYS-
    "HO HO HO HO HO!!!"

9. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I found my first meeting to be a BLAST (no pun intended). I can't wait for the next one and wonder; when and where it will be??

10. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Glad you could make it, Melanie. Welcome. Also we got our first appearance from the illusive Anthony.

Dale, it was good to meet you. I'm both intrigued and feeling a bit competitive about our collections. We'll have to keep up with eachother, maybe trade some secrets about local finds and whatnot.

For those that didn't make it, it was a band of 7 this time, and usually filled with the cacophony of more than one conversation. Fan films were discussed, Brandon's Return of the King disgust was a routine worthy of theOnion.com, and I showed more than a few minutes of the reviled Holiday Special. When the meeting broke, Ia, Melanie, Brandon, and I went to the Globe* afterward for a long lunch.

-Campbell

* I'd recommend that place for lunch for future meetings, not because they got my food order wrong, or brought me the wrong drink, or even because our server taunted us for 5 minutes by keeping our completely ready food just feet away from us hungry fanfolk, but because our waitress was hot. So hot, in fact, that she occasionally distracted Brandon from Ia's scarf overtures (yes, that sort of inside joke IS a reason it helps to stay till the end).

11. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    The meeting ruled beyond all else that ruled, especially towards the end while eating. Everything that happened and was said there amazined even me. I did not see that coming.

I still think we should have taken a picture of our waitress, but, I cannot lie, I am not good at asking strangers for pictures. I'll bring the camera next time, and if we eat there, we can try again. She *was* very attractive. Enough so as it is worth mentioning. Plus, even better, were the comments made about her when she touched you on the shoulder and such (and then me on the back!) As we all mentioned, the real strange thing is that she did, in fact, look like Stefanie. If you take Stefanie, add an inch or two, take off her glasses, and make her eyes just a tad more squintier (is that a word?), you have our server. The facial features on her when compared to Stefanie were rather amazing in how close they are.

Now, though, we have wonderful Ia and her super duper outfit she wore. Yes, the Paddington Bear coat was cool and all, but that scarf was the best scarft in the world, and towards the end, even she knew it when she tried to make sure I would not forget about it.

So, Melanie shows up, a new member, Anthony magically appears with Dad in toe, and I even got to draw the entire ridiculous battle in Return of the King and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, with my great military genious, how completely false it was (saying that is still funny seeing as how Dale actually *was* a Marine and has background in all of that, but remember, if you lack experience in anything, just fake it).

I also want to see a rumble between Star Wars Collectors. I'm amazed by how much you both have, really.

Anyway, that is it. It was fun, and I hope your film at the Enzian was good, too. The book was cool, and I hope that translated to screen well.

That was, what, a five hour meeting?

The funny thing is, I promise you that a vast majority of Star Wars Fan Clubs and such would be completely disgusted and horrified at what we talk about. But even then, guess what? We probably have more fun.

Brandon

12. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    I had a good time at the meeting. A little early for my taste but oh well. Im just not a morning person. Next time I will stay for lunch or breakfast. Trying to finish up the christmas shopping, and now Im almost done. Im looking forward to the next meeting. I may have looked a little out of it, I was still kind of tired from the late showing of ROTK.

It was cool to finally meet you Campbell, and nice to have met Melanie, Anthony and his dad. And of course always fun hanging out with Ia and Brandon and just talking.

Brandon- I try to remember and bring the hippos next time.

Talk to you all later.

Dale

13. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Is the Holiday Film a sort of hazing torture you put new initiates through? Or is it Brandon's rapire-like sarcasm?
    I don't know if I've laughed so hard or blushed so much in my life. Well, maybe once before.. [face_blush]
    Alas, I wouldn't have missed my first meeting for the world! Sigh, Brandon -squintier? tsk. tsk. You are more imaginative than that! How about a slight exotic cast to her features?

Ok, just throwing out ideas but would a paint ball place let you dress up as a storm trooper or rebel and have a battle scene?? If you wanted to do a fan film that could be kind of fun (or funny) depending on the outcome. :cool:
    Melanie

14. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Slightly exotic? See, *that* is somewhat generic. Every single girl nowadays, every last one of them, is "slightly exotic." It's true. Find a girl, any girl, and ask some guys to describe her, and at least one part of her body will be "exotic" in some way. It is an overused term, and, sadly, the time has come to do away with it forever. Now, "eXXXotic" is another matter. Hello, Showtime.

Believe it or not, I came home and almost put in the Holiday Special. I even had it in my hands. Thankfully, clear thought prevailed, and I quickly put it down. However, in saying that, I must admit I would rather watch that over sitting through three hours and twenty minutes of Hobbit Hell, also known as Return of the King.

Is a January meeting thread started yet? I will find out upon hitting the "Post" button at the bottom of my screen. I believe, as we were all going to our automobiles and forming our convey out of the garage (where Campbell wanted to go out the wrong exits (yes, don't think I didn't see that!)), we decided on January 10th.

Anyway, that is all. I am going to bed.

Brandon

15. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Dale, a bit early on the meeting? And I had to talk Ia down from the incredibly ambitious talk somewhere in the 9:30 range. I'm not even sure if the sun's up that early.

I'm pretty sure Melanie intended to say that the appearance of Jennifer*, our server, was erotic, not exotic. *yes, that was her name- didn't catch her address or social security number, maybe next time.

Nice rally everybody. 10 days ago it really appeared we weren't even going to have a meeting this month, now we made it, and had a great one.

-Campbell

16. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I thought exotic because asian didn't quite sound right but I stand corrected- eXXXotic OR erotic can stand in place.
    Boys, boys.. you always have Ia's scarf. ;)
    I can't do weekdays, I have a mundane job Monday-Friday 9a-6pm and January 10th is a Friday. However anytime, anyplace Jan. 11th or Jan. 12th you can count me in. Looking foward to the next encounter. Ia, I've been thinking about fan film (I know, dangerous thing for blondes..thinking)
    B. hunter picks up trade after both parents killed, just falls into it as a child (13-14) -right size & shape for "small" jobs and then "retires" a few years later for something "safer" -new family, prostitution, slavery -whatever- only to get a lead on parents killer. Vengence always a good motivator. Small twist on what you had mentioned. Just a thought.
    Good night,
    Melanie

17. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    hey you just reminded me...im going to start a thread just for the bouty hunter thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.