main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Decepticus Rex (Transformers/NJO) Author thanks and replies on 7/4/2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Okay! I know for a fact that I'll probably get next to no readers for this. That's okay.

This fic is less about the crossover than about preceptions. What is alive? Who am I, really? Is there such a thing as fate and destiny?

This is sort of a crossover with the Generation One Transformers universe. I shall attempt to give a synopsis, but if you have questions, don't hesistate to ask me!

Nine million years ago, there was a planet called Cybertron. From the outside, it resembled a city-planet, but no one knew how deep the infrastructure went. On it was a race of sentient mechanoids known as the Transformers. For uncounted centuries, two factions on the planet, the Autobots and the Decepticons, had waged a civil war there. These Cybertonians could change shape, usually from humanoid to an alternate form.

In the original show, Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots, led an expedition to find new energy sources. Megatron, leader of the Decepticons, followed. They crashed on Earth and woke up 4 million years later. Here, they crashed on separate planets and woke up 6 million years later.

Eventually, the two Gods of TF mythos, Unicron and Primus, will show up, but not now.

Important announcement!!!!!!!
    If you want PMs, please tell me!

PM List

_JM_
    1YodimusPrime
    amidalachick
    SilSolo
    Kidan
    Mirima_Tivos
    MsLanna
    GeithJiseo2

Here we go!

Chapter One: Deep Sleep

Six Million Years before the Battle of Yavin
    Optimus Prime?s blue optics gazed out across the blasted cityscape of Iacon and, as much as a large robot could, let out a sigh. The Autobots and Decepticons had been fighting for well over 602,409 vorns-and what had it gained either faction? Cybertron was a blasted wasteland of ruined buildings and crater-filled terrain. He turned back to the largest structure within ten kilometers; the launch pad for the Ark. He walked back to the structure, huge even by the standards of his species.

Prime walked up and was greeted by his second in command, Prowl. The slightly smaller Autobot fell into step right behind Prime. ?The Ark?s just about ready for launch, but we don?t know if Megatron knows about this.?

Prime looked up at the huge starship and, beneath his faceplate, smiled. ?He knows, Prowl.? His gaze drifted up the Ark. ?He knows.? The two walked over to an elevator embedded in the launch gantry and rode it to the top. ?Is everyone aboard??

Prowl cross-checked the reference files in his hard drive and correlated that information with the link he had to the Ark?s internal sensors. ?We?re the last ones.? Prime nodded. The elevator door opened, allowing the two entrance to the Ark?s bridge.

Bluestreak sat at the pilot controls, his hands twitching in either nervousness or servo misfires. ?Where do you think we?re going, eh? I mean, I know Prime?s got a plan and all, but I wonder what it is, you know? And there?s so many friends on board!? He leaned back and looked about the bridge. ?Man, we?ve got Gears and Ratchet and Bumblebee and-?

A yellow Autobot next to him leaned over and swatted him on the head. ?Will you shut up, Bluestreak??

The mostly-silver robot rubbed his head and resumed his post. ?Sorry, Sunstreaker. I guess I?m just a bit excited.? Sunstreaker rolled his optics and settled back in his chair.

Prime walked up to the command chair just forward of the center of the room. He sat down and pressed a few buttons on the armrest, calling up a holographic image of the local area. He grimaced beneath his face mask as he saw something speeding away from Iacon. Well, nothing I can do about that now he thought to himself. Off to the side, an older warrior by the name of Ironhide looked over. ?You okay, boss?? He drawled out.

Prime shook his head. ?No, old friend. Still, we must continue on.? We checked the display again and saw green lights across the board. ?Launch in ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two?ignition!?

The five main thrusters of the Ark ignited, se

2. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Way to go. I used to watch classic Transformers before school every morning, so this is a nice trip down memory lane for me.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Nice start Jon. Look forward to seeing how you integrate these two genres.

BTW, I'm sorry you didn't win Saturday.

@};- @};- @};-

4. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Its about time! :D

You've been talking about this transformers story since I first got on the boards.

I'm ready for the next chapter already!!!!!

S.

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    After all that time you finally posted this here (I read the whole thing onm your site)! Yay! So good to read TF in English, even if I know it only in Chinese mostly.

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Four readers for this???

Wow. And not one of you read my announcement. ;)

ZebulaNebula-I watched them, too. Although this will have elements of other TF series like Beast Wars and some of the comics.

Juliet316-Thank you, and so am I. And thanks for that. It got me seriously down, but now I'm motivated to reclaim my title as 'King of the Crossover!'

skywalker64089-Hah! Yeah, I have been procrastinating on this one. And the next chapter will be the 23rd.

SilSolo-You read that one? Well, the only thing this'll share is the title. It's just too cool to throw away. But it'll be totally different, though. For one thing, the TFs will have SW alternate forms.

The seekers as E-wings!

Megatron as a Sith Infiltrator!

Optimus Prime as a Juggernaut!

Prowl and Bluestreak as Chariot LAVs!

Ravage as a Vornskr!

Bumblebee as a Aratech speeder bike!

And more as I think of them!

7. skywalker64089

Jan 16, 2005
    Sweet!! You are not just going to have to do a dramatis personae, you're going to have to do vehicle descriptions, too.

S.

8. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    If that's the case then, any chance of those two guys who always create earthquakes and giant cracks (not talking about those dino-dudes, though I like 'em) will turn up?

9. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    What elements of Beast Wars are you including?

10. skywalker64089

Jan 16, 2005
    I think he's only doing Generation One.

Beast wars was down the line a little bit.

S.

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    skywalker64089-I'll do a dramatis personae and what everyone turns into. And I meant stuff like sparks, terms like stasis lock and swears from there. (Slag! Oh, for booting up code!)

SilSolo-Rumble and Frenzy? They'll be in. And I'll 'borrow' from the Marvel comics that the Dinobots are around. Grimlock would be canonized as a new Vong god, mechanical or not.

ZebulaNebula-It'll be terms such as sparks, stasis lock, CR chambers and swears. Gotta flesh it out a bit.

Oh, I hope this isn't spamming. I won't have the next post ready for almost a week!

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Grimlock as a god? I've only seen the movie and Beast Wars in English and Grimlock's speech didn't quite translate, but I'll give this a try.

[voice=Grimlock]Me Grimlock god! Bow to Grimlock! *stomp stomp*

It's not spamming. In fact, if I'm forced to do replies with a post, I usually feel rushed.

Any chance Starscream will possess anybody, namely droids like 3PO? Him possessing Waspy was priceless in Beast Wars. I hope you don't mind medoing this. *puts first post on scrolling yellow text against black background like in the movies and then plays TF theme songin the background*

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Sil-Gotcha. And yeah, pretty good Grimlock. Starscream won't possess anyone since he's alive here. And go ahead and do that, dudette.

Remember, if you want PMs, please tell me! I need this info.

Oh, and if anyone has any vehicular descriptions, please let me know.

Here we go!

Chapter Two: Rude Awakenings
    Just before the events in the novel ?Star By Star?
    A volcano erupted on the planet of Chiron, near the equator. This, in itself, was unremarkable and unimportant. A galactic war was going on, and Chiron was far from the invasion path. Underneath the volcano, however, something stirred back to life after six million years of sleeping.

The Nemesis rocked a bit. Nothing much, but it was enough. The computer system came online and did a scan of the vessel. To the AI?s surprise, it found itself buried under several hundred meters of solid rock. It tried contacting one of the crewmembers, but no one responded, despite repeated hails. Autonomic systems kicked in and arms descended from the ceiling of the bridge, picking up the Decepticon known as Skywarp.

The black ?con with purple trim was loaded onto an anti-gravity sled and was shuttled down to the mid-decks. Several CR chambers lined a large room, each one designed to repair even the worst damage and each large enough to hold a larger Cybertronian like Megatron. The sled parked itself next to one of the chambers and another pair of arms picked Skywarp up and deposited him into the CR chamber. The door closed and a multitude of arms and other devices emerged from the sides of the chamber.

A greenish beam washed over Skywarp?s cracked and dented outer skin. The computer quickly determined that he could not transform into his alternate form, and he needed a new one. Arc welders began cutting off armor plates and reshaping them while several hatches on the flank of the Nemesis opened, allowing new antennae to emerge. Signals were sent out, searching for any sign of technology. Within a few seconds, a connection was made with a computer system. Access codes were cracked and schematics for several vehicles were downloaded into the mainframe?

Skywarp emerged from the CR chamber. He flexed his arms and checked out the laser barrels attached to his arm. His wings were attached to the sides instead of hanging off of his back, but the coloring was mostly the same. ?Not bad.? He muttered. Suddenly, realization hit him. ?What the slag happened?? The seeker ran from sick bay and to the main bridge.

Along the way, Skywarp?s yellow optics brightened so he didn?t trip over the bodies of his comrades and friends. Finally, he reached the bridge and sat down at a console. ?Computer, location and status of the Nemesis!? Several readouts scrolled down the screen, lowering Skywarp?s morale. ?You?ve gotta be kidding me?? he mumbled. The seeker got out of the chair and quickly located Megatron, still in his command chair.

He grabbed Megatron and fired his boot jets,, lifting him and the heavy Decepticon leader off of the ground. Skywarp struggled to fly his leader back down to the CR chamber, letting Megatron?s feet actually scrape the deck a few times. Finally, he dropped the fallen leader into the chamber and closed the door. While Megatron was repaired, Skywarp fully checked out his reformatted body. He now had a missile launcher as well as the shoulder-mounted laser cannons. ?Not bad?? he muttered. He concentrated for a moment and disappeared in a flash of violet light. A half-second later, he reappeared on the other side on the medical bay. ?All right!? He shouted, punching the air.

Suddenly, the CR chamber opened. Skywarp teleported back there and watched as the door swung open, revealing Megatron. Like Skywarp, the coloring was the same, but his form had been altered. Two solar panels hung off of his back, along with a module of some sort. His fusion cannon was still attached to his right forearm, but it was more stylized and had a shorter barrel. Megatron?s eyes began glowing red, and his mouth plates moved. ?I

14. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Whoa. Are any of the Decepticons gonna take on the form of a Voxyn? Or an AT-AT? Starscream should be a squint (TIE interceptor).

15. skywalker64089

Jan 16, 2005
    Nice. So all the decepticons are up and running. Hmmm. Vehicle descriptions. Wait a minute. Where are we in the Star Wars Timeline?

S.

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Zebula-No Voxyn, and no AT-ATs, simply because there's no info on the former and I can't envision the latter. And Starsceam will be an E-wing, like Skywarp and Thundercracker.

skywalker64089-Yup. They're all online. ANd like I posted in the post, it's just before Star By Star.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Nice. Megatron always did come across to me as looking similar to VADER. So he works well as remaining similar but slightly altered in this [face_batting]

Can't wait for when the Autobots wake up. That's going to kick serious tail!

18. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Simon Furman had some fun with the fact that Grimlock?s intelligence specs were actually high, making his speech patterns more a case of being blunt-spoken rather than stupidity.

Ideas for Dinobots are:
    Grimlock: Smaller version of the Godzilla thing from TPM.
    Snarl: Krayt Dragon (thinking about the ?gets stronger in direct sunlight? idea)
    Swoop: Giant Hawk-Bat?
    Sludge: Only idea was a Vong Rakmarat as those are big and ground-shaking.
    Slag: Giant Reek?with a flamethrower.

Hmm. I wonder what the SW equivalent to a VW Beetle is for Bumblebee?s vehicle mode (possibly Luke?s speeder from ANH).

Sunstreaker and Sidewinder, maybe hotrod speeders like in AotC?

Jazz, needs to be cool?you dig baby? Probably the latest Sorosuub Custom Speeder (during RotS one would cost as much as equipping a battlecruiser, so if they are still making new models)

I can see Optimus Prime as a Juggernaut, when he was reborn as a Powermaster he got guns on his trailer (and even the original toy had a hole in the trailer roof you could put the thing-with-missile launchers out of). Might have been inclined more towards a Sandcrawler though (bit big, but size-changing is okay?there was that triple changer who had an aircraft carrier mode but wasn?t any larger as a robot or as a fighter-jet).

Mirage?SW Formula One car would maybe be a Pod-racer but I can?t see that. Soontir Fel raced airspeeders, so maybe one of those (which would be slow and lacking in altitude enough to not count as a ?plane?).

Hound?I?d have possibly made him the Chariot LAV as something close to a Military Jeep.

(ouch, I?m sitting here and working my way through the entire complement of Autobots on the Ark?and without the excuse of having had to look at my old comics to account for being able to remember this).

Liked the description of Skywarp?s repair and also liked that Cybertronian computers are still smart enough to hack other computer systems even after six-million years. Liked his reaction to the situation and whiling away the time while Megatron was repaired playing with his teleportation ability.

Not that keen on Megatron not being a gun, would have been fun seeing a Yuuzhan Vong warrior be dismissive of the Infidel with his blaster which was useless against his vonduum crab armour?and then the infidel blasts him with Megatron which is enough firepower to go straight through him, his three comrades, and the Rakmarat plodding along in the background.

Glad that Ravage approves of his new form with the electrified tail. Liked his attitude of ignoring Rumble and Frenzy?s clumsy noisy efforts.

19. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Since they landed on Chiron, I guess Lusa's going to turn up soon?

A translucent panel on his chest flipped open and four storage units popped out.

So the cassettes are storage units in this one?

As for the PM's, send 'em.

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Juliet316-I'm not sure I see that, but thanks. The Autobots will show up later at a little planet called Myrkr...

_JM_-Wow. Tnak you very much for that. Although I think I'll use a rancor for Grimlock. Otherwise, those sound good to me for the Dinobots. I think I'll have Hound actually be a scaled-down KAAC Freerunner. And don't worry about listing all those guys. I know all of the Ark and Nemesis' crew pretty much by heart.

Sil-PMs, check. And Lusa will be right in this post. And I couldn't come up with anything else for the Casseticons.

Here we go!

Chironian orbit
    The Yuuzhan Vong Miid Ro?ik-class warship Jeedai Killer slid into orbit around Chiron. Resembling a striped ovoid of rock, the Jeedai Killer looked nothing more than a huge asteroid. Pulsing masses of living flesh along its flank, however, dispelled any such notions. Truncated cones along the bow and dorsal surface glowed with pent-up energy, making the entire vessel resemble a volcanic island.

A small nodule of coral detached itself from the ventral surface of the Jeedai Killer and drifted through the atmosphere, the dovin basil slowing it down and protecting the Yorik-trema class transport from friction. It burst through a layer of clouds and headed to a farm on the outskirts of the city. The pilot steered the living craft to the outskirts of a farm. ?The Jeedai is here.? he reported, his voice muffled by the cognition hood he wore. ?Her name is Lusa and should be easy to kill.?

The primary voxyn handler, sitting next to him on a shaped chair of yorik coral, nodded and rose. ?I shall prepare for the hunt.? And with that, he left.

Down on the planet, Jedi Knight Lusa observed the Vong craft pass overhead. ?Not good?? She muttered. The Chironian knew the Vong would come for her. She just didn?t know when. Lusa checked her lightsaber and hefted an old spear in her left hand. ?Goodbye, Mom. Goodbye, Dad.? She said before leaving the family farm. She had barely made it halfway across a field of wheat before the transport landed in front of her. She reared up on her hind legs and unclipped her lightsaber, igniting it and sending forth a silvery blade. ?Leave my home!? She shouted.

A patch of reddish flesh on the side of the rocky craft opened and a set of yorik coral steps unfolded. Ten Vong stepped out with a pack of baying Voxyn. ?Surrender, Jeedai, and your death shall be quick!? the head handler said.

Lusa snarled and tossed her lightsaber, letting the Force guide its arc. None of the handlers wore vonduun-crab armor, so the lightsaber?s deadly blade was unimpeded as it killed the first three, gutting two of them and slicing the third right in half.

The handler screamed and let go of the reins holding the voxyn in check. ?Kill her!? He screamed. But even as Lusa?s lightsaber returned to her hand, she was off and running.
    Ravage?s snout broke through to the surface and he shook his head, brushing off any accumulated dirt from his audio modules and olfactory sensor. His optics immediately adjusted from the darkness of the tunnel to the bright sunshine. It took him a little bit of time, but he finally clawed his way free. What he found surprised him, to say the least. ?Plants? Organic matter? But I smell something familiar.?

His sensors switched to a finer scan mode and his right paw swiped at a low-lying branch, bringing it down to him. Ravage focused in on the cells composing the wood, focusing until he breached the cell walls themselves.

What he found almost shocked him into stasis lock: energon in the cell walls. There were tiny bits of the powerful fuel packed in tightly, close to the mitochondria. It astounded Ravage so much he almost missed the far off sound of a battle. Still the faint sounds of plasma ignition and the thud of dead bodies soon found their ways to Ravage. His audio sensors perked up and he soon began running to the sound, eager to try out his new weapon systems.

Please read and review. The next post will b

21. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    And I couldn't come up with anything else for the Casseticons.

Not even datacards and holocams?

Wonderful Lusa! You took it even beyond YJK. More, I hope?

EDIT: First reply!

22. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    And I couldn't come up with anything else for the Casseticons.

Holocrons!

The Vong are soooo dead.

23. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Liked the description of the Vong warship. Nice and evocative.

Wasn?t familiar with Lusa, but noticed the ?reared up on hind legs? and (after a quick CUSWE check) I must say centauroid Jedi sounds interesting. Gives an extra flavour to her being chased by the Voxyn (like a deer by wolves) and explains how she can stay ahead of them long enough. Enjoyed the death of the foolish Voxyn handlers.

Good attention to detail by Ravage, but only to be expected from him. I liked the idea of Energon and the Force being connected before and I like it now. Loved the image of Ravage perking up his ears like a good kitty cat and bounding off to have some fun with his new weapons.

24. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    interesting story please pm me when you post more!

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Sil-Hmm, good idea. I might retcon that. And thanks for that about Lusa. I love writing her, and since SBS, I try to write her as well as I can.

Zeb-You have no idea. YVH droids are tinker toys compared to some of the 'cons and 'bots. And lets mot even factor in the cityformers like Metroplex, Trypticon, Omega Supreme, Scorponok or Fortress Maximus.

_JM_-Thanks. One of the biggest complaints of the NJO was the crappy Vong ship descriptions. 'Freighter analog' this and 'corvette analog' that. I had to dig out the NJO source book for ship descriptions.

peagis-Roger, roger. Pm shall be sent every Tuesday.

Okay, here's a partial list of Autobots and Decepticons and what they transform into. I had to scavenge through the Essential Guide to Vehicles, the New Essential Guide to Vehicles, the Imperial Sourcebook and the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook.

Autobots on the Ark at time of crash:

Optimus Prime: Juggernaut assault vehicle. Front cab become robot while rest unfolds into command deck.
    Prowl and Bluestreak: Chariot LAVs.
    Sunstreaker: Gian speeder.
    Hound: Flash speeder.
    Windcharger: A-wing.
    Bumblebee: Aratech speeder bike.
    Cliffjumper: Snowspeeder.
    Sideswipe: Zam's airspeeder.
    Brawn: Lars landsspeeder.
    Huffer: Desert skiff (from ROTJ)
    Mirage: V-wing airspeeder.
    Jazz: Surronian Conqueror Assault ship (Guri's personal vessel. And it does look quite 'sporty'.)
    Ironhide: AT-TE
    Ratchet: A-A5 Trast speeder truck, modified for medical work.
    Trailbreaker: Y-wing.
    Grimlock: rancor.
    Sludge: rakmarat.
    Swoop: hawk-bat.
    Snarl: krayt dragon.
    Slag: reek.
    Gears: ULAV.
    Wheeljack: Narglatch XJ-6 airspeeder (the one Anakin swiped in AOTC).

Decepticons on the Nemesis at time of crash:

Megatron: BlasTech Dl-44 blaster pistol.
    Soundwave: Virago (Xizor's personal fighter).
    Rumble: holocron.
    Frenzy: holocron.
    Ravage: vornskr, datacrad.
    Laserbeak: mynock, datacard.
    Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp: E-wings all.
    Bombshell: drocht.
    Kickback: (no clue)
    Shrapnel: pirhana beetle.
    Hook: crane.
    Bonecrusher: bulldozer.
    Scrapper: wheel loader.
    Scavenger: track hoe.
    Long Haul: dump truck.
    Mixmaster: cement mixer.

Sorry about the Constructicons, but I can't really think of any SW vehicles they could turn into and still be construction vehicles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.