main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Decepticus Rex (Transformers/NJO) Author thanks and replies on 7/4/2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Jaina snorted in a most unladylike fashion. ?Don?t know, don?t care. Not taking any chances. Will you marry me, Zekk??

[face_laugh] Awesome proposal!

And awesome post! I liked Megatron's line about Cybertron being his home, too.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

He did become Galvatron in the original movie, but Jon simply made Megs and Galvy into two different beings in this one :)

3. SpartanCommander

SpartanCommander Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    Well in the old Marvel comic of Transformers Galvatron and Megatron were also two different people.

Megatron was killed twice and was upgraded each time when ever he resurected. First time was by the Dinobot's when they used an experimental form of energy to revive all the perminatly deactivated Autobots on the ark it just happaned that Megatron was in one of the storage pods they were filling up. The second time was after the Ark that Megatron took over crashed on earth and he struck a deal with Cobra Commander to give him a complete refit under his own supervision. He actually improved himself. He replaced his fusion cannon with a very powerful railgun. His armor is even more indistructable than he had before. His look was completly different but he was still megatron.

There is a slight problem with the Unicron idea. Most people think the war's over after Unicron and Galvatron. But in the Marvel comic that was only the beginning to a new series where in order to compete against a new enemy the Autobot's are going to half to ally with the Decepticons and even start researching in technologies that would boarder on the mystical (Starscream even once stole the Matrix and used it to fuse himself to a Decepticon ship that was the size of a moon).

I also can't wait for the epolog.

4. Stookymalarkey

Stookymalarkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2007
    Holy trout, somebody quoted me! Twice even! I'm greatly honoured by this and nothing is going to kill my mood, not even the grisly visage of Resident Evil 3's Nemesis starring me in the face of the "Post Reply" screen. I'm quiet confused why he's shown here but I figured it's all part of the advertisement revenue. Thanks again :)

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Juliet-Thank you. Yeah, I had to have Starscream get his just desserts against Galvy. Glad you liked the Decepticon's evolution, too. And yeah, Jacen does have a deep side. It's just competing with his goof side. ;) And thanks for the clear-up, too.

Mirima-Thanks. Yeah, I liked the female Transformers too. I can't archive this, unfortunately, because it's a crossover. [face_plain]

Sil-Thanks. And yeah, they did.

SSM12-No problem. Had most of it written up beforehand. And they're scrap... or are thaey?

Stooky-Thanks, but Ravage... well, he just figured there wouldn't be as much left of Eryl after he nailed her. Jaina's a Solo, and therefore kinda rash. As Juliet316 pointed out, yes, in the original 1986 movie, Megatron was upgraded to Galvatron. Here, though, two separate characters.

amidalachick-Thanks. And yeah, he does feel that way.

SC-Correct, there. Thing is, that's what happened in the Marvel comic. Here, things will go a bit differently. And thanks. I can't wait on the epilogue either.

Not many posts left, folks. Wow... I do admit, I hope I win at the Awards.

Here we go!
    Megatron took to the air, followed by Starscream. His tracking sensors noted various other Cybertronians and humanoids converging on a spot near the Rust Sea. His face showed no emotion, but his humiliation burned brightly as he realized they were all flying to the spot where Skywalker humiliated him so many months ago?

He landed just as Thundercracker circled overhead, letting Prime drop to the ground. He landed with a clang and stood tall, somehow seeming? bigger-even though Megatron?s scanners told him that Prime was no larger than before.

Luke, Mara, Leia and Brianna landed soon after Thundercracker touched down. Luke and Mara tossed off their helmets and embraced, kissing long and deep. ?I missed you,? Mara breathed when they finally broke apart.

Luke panted a bit. ?So did I.? He looked up at Prime and grinned. ?Nice to see you in the circuitry, Optimus. Before Primus spoke to us, I was a bit worried when Unicron exploded.?

Prime brushed off his chest plate. ?I knew Primus would protect me form Unicron?s death throes.? He locked optics with Megatron and stepped forward, his right hand extended. ?And? I thank you, Megatron. You saved my life from Galvatron.?

Megatron looked down at the hand, then up at Prime. ?I did not do it for you, Optimus Prime. I did it so Cybertron could be saved. I shall not shake your hand today.? He looked at everyone gathered. ?Despite what he would tell you,? he stated, pointing at the Matrix bearer, ?I did it all for the greater glory of my people, so they would rise above mediocrity and take their rightful place as rulers.?

Revan snorted. ?And who are you to say who should be the ?rightful rulers?, Megatron? And would the people of the galaxy wish to live under such tyranny? No, Megatron. Such is the way of the Sith-of Unicron.?

The slag-maker?s optics dimmed at Revan?s words. ?If you weren?t a Jedi, I would vaporize you where you stand.? He looked up as Bluestreak and Sunstreaker sped up. ?Hmm, my nascent skills in the Force detect bad news??

Bluestreak?s repulsorlifts kicked into high, bouncing him up and enabling him to transform into robot mode in midair. ?Cyclonus got away,? he growled, the bass in his vocalizer on high. ?And look what he did to me!? He motioned to one of his vehicle mode hatches. Normally they were splayed out like wings on his back, but the left one was cut in two. ?It?ll take a week to get it fixed!?

He saw Luke and he looked away. ?I?m sorry he got away, Luke. I almost had him, but I would?ve left Sideswipe unprotected.?

Optimus walked over to him. ?Get that fixed, Bluestreak. And you made the right choice. This Cyclonus is probably the last survivor of Unicron?s forces.?

Bluestreak nodded and his mouth plates twisted up in a smile before he ran off, transforming into his Chariot LAAV mode and racing off to the nearest city-state. Luke smiled as he sped off. ?He will be a great Jedi Master, o

6. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Awesome post. So Megatron is going on a soul searching journey...Cyclonus escaped...and Jacen and Tenel Ka are going to have a kid!

7. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Starscream shook his head. ?I wanted his job. I envied his power and abilities. Now, I almost pity him.?

Great line! I liked that whole scene with Megatron. Now they really can move on.

Nice Jacen/Tenel Ka scene, too. :D They're so cute together.

8. Stookymalarkey

Apr 10, 2007
    Damn yo, Jacen is one potent potable :) . I must say that I love your take on Megatron, as you truely display his prideful nature quiet well. In fact, I suggest shoehorning him into your next story, even if it's not a Transformers crossover! Till next time. BTW, that zombie staring me in the face of the post reply screen is making me paranoid.

9. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Working my way through this (got to chapter 4), and love each word!
    Squished Vergere, everybody returning to normal and Transformers everywhere.[face_dancing] :D [face_dancing]
    Maybe I should have read earlier, but Transformes never really caught my interest until I saw the new movie.[face_blush]
    Great, great work right there, Striker!
    =D= =D= =D=

EDIT: You're making up for so much profic ToS-violation with this.[:D]
    Wookieebot, love him and can't wait to see his other form. :D (Only done until chapter seven)
    Autobots and Decpticons working together suits me well, I like almost all of them. What will they find on Cybertron when they find it? This is one big joyride.:D

10. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    wait Preggers TK and Allana comes in and Screamy no longer tries to take over!!!!!! Wooootttt!! now to beat up Cyclonus

11. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Wow, what a showdown. Not surprised that Unicron's goons chose death rather than redemption. Malak seemed to be the only one who actually retained any edge once Unicron bit it ... then again that may just be my interpretation based on my own KotOR experience(I play Revan and the Exile as tanks, so take it with a grain of salt).

Loved the Megatron and Starscream bit ... looks like they've both grown a lot.

12. SpartanCommander

SpartanCommander Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    I do know one reason for Megatron. His reasoning is more down to earth than optonistic.

His way of thinking is somewhat more practical and actually harder to corrupt than a democracy.

I do know that Cybertron will need a new leader considering the situation everything is in and the fact that Prime is a jedi will mean that he will need to relinquish command at least temporarly so he can now fill out his role of being a jedi and also to begin the role of being the head diplomat with the Republic (They are not a recognized member yet and they will be in a very difficult position being a mashine race. They would be targeted by every form of complaint and subversive act. If they became members it would alter the entire power structure and multiple laws the Republic had since the beginning. So a good majority of the Republic Senate would do everything they could to deny the Cybertonians to become members (face it the majority of the Senate officials and the worlds would loose a vast amount of money and power if the Cybertonians joined) They face that the Cybertonians are more advanced than everyone does not help either.

I do know that Starscream will probably be now put incharge of all Cybertonian Space forces because he is the most qualified warrior for the job.

Leaving Grimlock to be Prime's stand in leader for Cybertron. Even though he act's dumb he's really quite smart and very cunning.

I bet that if the Cybertonina Empire ever launched an attack on one of the republic worlds the blame would immediatly fall on the Cybertonians and if the Empire raids and strikes continued even with Autobot intervention things would quickly go out of hand and the Autobots would be facing having to deal with the factions of the New Republic Forces and the Cybertonian Empire. I would say that the New republic oppisition against the Cybertonians would probably be around 69% of the Galactic population. Even the common man would do things to Droids that a Cybertonian would be appaule over like they did it every day and they probably do.

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    SSM12-LOL. Right on all accounts. Nice set-up for a sequel if I ever do one. And yeah, had to have those crazy kids have a little bundle of joy. ;)

amidalachick-Thank you. I liked that line, too. Shows how much he's grown and evolved. And yes, very cute.

Stooky-LOL, yeah. He's got the Solo genes, after all. ;) Glad you like my Megatron, too. And yes, the Vong thing in the post reply page is freaky.

MsLanna-Oh, thanks and welcome! Glad you liked everything so far. Would you like PMs when you get caught up?

Sil-LOL, glad you like all the developments. No beating up on Cyclonus, though.

Zeb-Yeah. They didn't have anything else. I figured Malak would be the most stable one. Unlike Galvatron and the other robots, he wasn't created by Unicron. And unlike Lumiya and Eryl, he;s had time to adjust. And yes, both have grown.

SC-There's also his pride. There's no Cybertronian Empire, here. And I think Optimus can be a Jedi and Cybertronian leader at the same time. I do know about Grimlock being intelligent, and thanks.

Okay, turns out this will go on longer than I thought. Some more plot points to work out.

I... didn't win at the awards for best crossover. *Sigh* I'll just have to do better!

And no new post next week, since I'll be flying out to Utah on Saturday to meet DarthIshtar. :)

Here we go!

Alema and Ganner walked down the steps outside the Great Temple and to the spaceport. Alema looked around at the ultra-modern facilities and her lekku twitched. ?It?s gonna be a while before this place fills up,? she muttered. ?Although the next time this place is attacked, they?re gonna have to bring some serious firepower.?

Ganner nodded as they spotted a modified Corellian YZ-775 transport on the nearest landing pad. He waved at Uldir Lochett as he stood in front of his beloved No Luck Required. ?Hey, Uldir!?

Uldir waved back and motioned to an open hatch amidships. ?Ah, my cargo?s arrived,? he joked as the two Jedi walked up to him. He grinned and hugged Ganner. ?Damn, it?s been a while.?

Alema sensed the bond between the two. ?You know each other,? she stated.

Ganner looked back at his girlfriend. ?Uldir was a student with Anakin?s little group, but it turned out he wasn?t Force-sensitive. He left before Jacen and his group got together and last I heard, you were working in the Defense Force.?

Uldir nodded. ?Yeah, but that was before I got stranded on Coruscant when the Vong took it. Now I?m just glad they assigned me, my crew and the No Luck Required to be your ship as you go and do your Jedi thing and help Known Space heal from the Incursions.?

The three walked up the ramp and onto the ship. Uldir sealed up the hatch behind Ganner and Alema. ?We?ve got a small crew for a ship this big, so don?t worry about finding room. We did get another crewmember before we dug the ship out of Coruscant?s underbelly, though.?

A Dug ambled up to Uldir. ?Boss, engines are all set and we?re good to go.? He looked up at the two Jedi and his chin whiskers twitched. ?Ah, the Cybertronian has been loaded into our starboard cargo bay,? Leaft said, his voice slightly accented.

Ganner smiled. ?Ah, good to hear Bumblebee will be along.? He turned to Alema and kissed her. ?I?ll go see how he?s doing and commiserate with him about him being stuck in his new speeder mode.?

Alema watched as he walked off before turning to Uldir, who was reading a datapad. ?So, I heard you?ve got a new member of the crew besides us. Who is she??

Uldir glanced up and motioned down the corridor with a nod of his head. ?She?s in the cockpit. Follow me and I?ll introduce you to her.? The pair walked down the central corridor of the No Luck Required.

Alema smiled at several other beings as she followed Uldir. Her smile turned to a puzzled frown as she sensed someone familiar in the room. Uldir looked up from his datapad and pressed the control panel, opening the hatch. ?Actually, I believe you two know each other. Alema, this is-?

?Anja!? Alema shouted, her upper lip curli

14. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Loved this chapter. Priceless! Sovv's been admitted back to the military...as an Ensign. Alema and Anja need to learn to get along. Alpha Trion the Senator of Cybertron! Mara and Luke having twins, and Conner will be born in a month!

Awesome, can't wait for the next update.

15. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    i can't wait for the next update either

16. Stookymalarkey

Apr 10, 2007
    I firmly believe that you should of won for best crossover, but I hate to say it but the main reason for your defeat was that there's just too much to read through. The sad fact is that the message board layout hampers longer stories, as there's all of the comments to sort through to reach the actual story content and thus making the amount of pages to be quiet big, thus discouraging more casual readers from getting into the story. Other than that, your lastest post is solid as always, and I liked how you incorporated the more forgotten characters into it, like Uldir and R2D2. Yes, I consider the little bot to be forgotten, as he barely appears, save appearances where he's shown to be much stupider than his movie counterpart. One more thing, while I'm in rant mode, if that zombie thing is supposed to be the Vong, than how did the now demonized protagonists of NJO loose so badly to theses suckers? Did anyone think to aim for the head or were they too busy shotting each other in the foot? In any case, I'm looking forwards to your next post and hope there's more on the way. Peace out.

17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    So much KOTOR.[face_hypnotized]
    I'm sure it's making more sense if you actually played them.

Eryl and Lusa fight it out. Back to action. :D
    Raynar saving Lusa from herself. Powerful situation, and done perfectly.=D=

The human has chrome, I?ll grant him that
    Don't know why, but I love it.[face_love]

I wonder what Eryl would have done if the new Mr. Evil hadn't stepped in. there is only so far you can run and that much you can do.[face_thinking]

Lumiya's run-in with the Decepticons, [face_laugh]

??Newest soldiers?? Is she malfunctioning??

I'm with Starscream on that one.
    So now she'll come personally? Can't wait to see that.:D

Han sighed. ?It?s just? I don?t want her to grow up too fast. She?s my princess, after all.?

?I thought I was your princess.?

?No, you?re a committee. Remember??

Aw, so sweet.[face_love] I can so see Han do that.

EDIT: Sure I'd like to get pms. Only I'm afraid at the rate I catch up, you'll be long done before I get anywhere close to the end.[face_blush]

Heh, Jacen and Tenel ka looking for the rule book. *lol* But I'm sure Jacen will be fine in the first tier if he gets Tenel Ka in undies for it.;)

More Kotor....[face_hypnotized]

Kyp?s green eyes looked up at the 10-meter tall living machine. A slow whistle escaped his lips. ?This should be interesting.? He pointed his thumb to his chest. ?I drive.?

?No, I drive. You shoot the weapons.?

The whole idea of wanting/having to drive an autobo is something escaping me completely. But then I'm also the one wondering which parts it is I'd be sitting in/on in the alternate form.:oops:

Next edit: chapter ten.[face_dancing]

18. Reikson

Reikson Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2007
    Eh... can't help but feel gypped for some reason.

19. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    The squat astromech blatted and his domed head whirled around. [Wouldn?t you know more than me, Miss ?lifelong semi-mystical connection??]

LOL! Good old Artoo.

I liked the scene in the Senate, with Cybertron now officially a part of the community. And Mara's announcement...that was a nice surprise. Great job, as always! =D=

Also, I hope you have a great time visiting Ish!

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Back... :)

SSM12-Glad you liked it. I had to skewer Sien a bit more. It was... too easy. ;) Glad you liked all the mush. And yeah, Alema and Anja... nah. They'll stay at each other's throats. :p

Sil-Thanks.

Stooky-Oh, thank you. I would've liked to have won, too. Glad you liked me including Artoo and Uldir. And yeah... the Vong should've been no problem for the NRDF. :rolleyes: There's more on the way, yeah.

Lanna-Added. And don;t worry. There's more than it looks. Without Unicron... Eryl would've been screwed. Glad you like what Han said. Training in their undies is definitely a good thing for Jacen. ;) And for most of the Jedi, driving an Autobot would be the ultimate experience.

Reikson-Welcome... and why gypped?

amidalachick-Thanks. Artoo's actually easy to write. Just turn the snark up to 11. ;) Glad you liked Mara's announcement and the Senate scene. And I had an absolute blast with Ish. :D

Short post, sorry. Not much time to type.

Here we go!

Quinlan slashed at A?Sharad?s flank, almost catching him with a nasty training burn. The Tusken Jedi shuffled back as the two Jedi dueled in front of the Academy?s gates. ?I?ve spent most of the past few decades bringing little touches of civilization to the Ghorfa,? he breathed out while parrying a rather aggressive attack from his old friend. ?Writing, eliminating the Blood-rite ritual? I think we?ll be able to make peace with the moisture farmers soon.?

Quinlan grinned as he almost overextended himself. The muscular Kiffar backed up, making sure A?Sharad couldn?t slip past his guard. ?Sounds nice. I was training Korto while also running an underground monorail for Wookiee slaves.? He blocked an overhead stab as his old friend jumped and thrust. ?Not bad!?

A?Sharad?s grin split his face, wrinkling the tattoos crisscrossing his weathered face. He landed to Quinlan?s side and swung his blade at him. ?Thanks!? He suddenly stepped back and deactivated his lightsaber. ?I?ll be heading back, soon. My people need me. Tahiri and Anakin are coming back with me for a month. She wants him to ?formally? meet her adoptive father.?

A sharp laugh escaped Quinlan?s mouth. ?So, adding a new member to the family? Just make sure he gets a bit of slack.? He also deactivated his lightsaber and the two old friends walked up to the Temple even as Revan and Bastila walked out.

Quinlan grinned as the Jedi Masters approached. ?I gather Luke took the news well??

Revan?s scarlet eyes danced. ?We handed Ben back to them a few minutes ago and, let?s say I didn?t think it was possible for a human?s mouth to get to be the size of a Hutt?s.? He looked up to the sky and sighed.

At that moment, A?Sharad noted the datapad clutched in his gloved hands. ?Bad news?? he asked.

Bastila?s eyes watered a bit. ?We received a message from Bastion. Grand Admiral Pellaeon?s funeral will be in two weeks. It?s to be part of a week of mourning over the deaths at the Battle of Cybertron.? He glanced at the two Jedi. ?Will you two??

Quinlan shrugged. ?I?m not sure, Revan. I never knew him and? well, my whole family was hunted by the Empire of old.? The normally imposing man seemed to shrink somewhat at the confession.

Bastila spoke up. ?Not the right attitude, Quinlan. And this isn?t the Empire of old, either. From what I?ve read, Gilad made up for a lot of Palpatine?s depravations. Master Skywalker himself considered the Old Man ?a friend?.? Her eyes bore into Quinlan, making him flinch.

?Well? I suppose Korto, Khaleen and I could use the bonding time,? he finally said, his dreadlocks waving slightly with a shake of his head. ?When are we leaving??

Revan?s scarlet eyes glanced to the Temple?s landing area even as a Cybertronian shuttle landed. The orange, tapered wedge with a triangular command section blew out jets of air as it settled on the landing gear jutting from the ventral surface of command pod and the two aft wings.

Revan turned and motioned to the shuttle with his right hand. ?Flight takes off in twelve hours. Plea

21. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Wow, so everything is winding down...Pallaeon's funeral in two weeks...and A'Sharad Hett isn't Krayt in this story(even though it was a good plot point for Legacy!

22. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Skywarp looked down at the Jedi and shrugged. ?Ah, yeah. Megatron goes to recharge and he?s all ?Megatron is down! I, Starscream, am the new leader!?? He shook his head. ?It?s really embarrassing, sometimes.?

[face_laugh]
    ANd Grimlock's interference is great. 'Got it.'
    All interaction is great. Love it.

Lusa chuckled at that and waved her arm, telekinetically latching onto Grimlock and shoving him to the ground. ?Don?t underestimate me because I?m small, you big lug!?

Grimlock scrambled to his feet while Slag readied his electron gun. Grimlock held up his hand, however. ?No. Me like that. You fight back. You sure you Decepticon??

I think, I like Grimlock.:D

A solid hologram with psychosomatic symptoms? Do I see a Pinoccio-transformation ahead?[face_batting]

Yay, for Gilad! Love to see him in this.[face_love]
    And he's a crafty one, training under Thrawn did him very good.

Ack, work.:rolleyes:

EDIT: w00t? Pelleaon is in a bacta tank?[face_frustrated]
    Better get him out there quick.

Aw, Tschel made it to Commodore![:D]

Bastila nodded, then her eyes opened. ?They?re in full retreat.? She stood up, her legs unexpectedly popping a bit. ?Ow!? She paused for a moment. ?Why did that hurt??

Yes! Yes, they are turning real already![face_dancing]

?I-I?m Captain Vana Dorja.? He?s cuter than in the holovids!

Of course, he is. [face_love]

Thundercracker walked over even as other fighters landed. ?Skittish, aren?t they?? He looked down at an awestruck Vana Dorja and his optics almost rolled. ?Why did your core body temperature increase? Man, what a loser.?

There you go, Vana. Yay for Thundercraker.:D

Megatron looked down and resisted the urge to step on the bacta tank and see if it would explode.

Ew, that would lead to a lot of foot-wiping and general mopping.[face_sick]

His eyes narrowed. ?Although they?ll have to use a Leth universal energy cage to hold me back now.?
    You go, Pelly! Kick some Vong ass. And try stepping on Megatron.[face_mischief]

Boards crashed on me. :rolleyes:

23. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    me lovely pelly is dead? no way!

24. Stookymalarkey

Apr 10, 2007
    Nice but short entry. I do like that you've included the old Tusken, as I find those dudes don't get the respect they deserve in most stories. Hope you enjoyed your trip. :)

25. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    It's nice to see everyone having a quiet, mostly happy moment after all the war and turmoil. Good update as always, and I'm looking forward to the next one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.