main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Decepticus Rex (Transformers/NJO) Author thanks and replies on 7/4/2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpartanCommander

SpartanCommander Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    good chapter. I since this is getting to the end I will try not to voice any suggestions.

(but I know that Cybertron has made the Republic somewhat politically unstable)

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    SSM12-Yeah, two weeks. And no Krayt for Hett, here.

Lanna-Glad you like Grimlock. He's a fan favorite in TF. Yes, you see such a transformation ahead. :p Glad you like Gilad and Tshcel. I love writing those two together, Gilad as Tschel's mentor. LOL, yes. Luke is cute. And yes, Pellaeon will kick some Vong ass. ;)

Sil-Ah, yeah. Sorry, but at least he died heroically.

Stooky-Thanks! I had an awesome time, and yeah. I'm glad I took SSM12's advice and included A'Sharad.

amidalachick-Stuff like that's too rare nowadays. And thanks.

SC-Any addition is a bit destabilizing, but I think Cybertron will fit in nicely.

Here we go!

Ultra Magnus? optics dimmed slightly. Internal screens projected into his field of vision scrolled through several pages of information. ?Population?s begun to climb somewhat.?

Bludgeon crossed his arms and his face took on an expression of contemplation. ??No Great War, Vector Sigma is fully functional again and males and females are creating sparks again. This is a good thing. Primus may be gone, but his children live on.?

Across the table from him, Elita One spoke up. ?You?re right, Bludgeon. It?s a sign of hope for the future.? Her arm?s servomotors whirred slightly and she took Optimus? hand with her own. ?Optimus and I have been discussing? creating a new spark of our own.?

There was silence in the main conference chamber before Starscream chuckled. ?So, after thirteen million years, you two are finally getting serious.? He leaned across the table and slapped Prime on the shoulder. ?Congratulations, you two.?

Prime?s engines heated up a bit and his face mask glowed reddish. ?Thank you? Starscream.? He glanced around. ?Grand Admiral Pellaeon?s funeral and general memorial service will be in about two weeks. We?ve been invited to send a representative, and I believe Bludgeon would be the best one.?

The Pretender stood up straight, his armor plates jangling a bit. ?Me?? he asked, pointing a thumb to his yellowish chest plate. ?I never even met the man.?

Optimus nodded. ?Yes, you. You?re a warrior sparked, Bludgeon. Cut from the same plate as Gilad himself. I can think of few better than you.?

Bludgeon?s skeletal face twisted in a grin. ?Then I shall be honored to go. For true warriors know the souls of other true warriors.? He looked around. ?Any more business, Shockwave??

Shockwave?s single, pale yellow optic set in the middle of his hexagonal-shaped cranium flashed as he spoke in his cool, detached fashion. ?Yes, Bludgeon. Don?t worry, after another two to three hours, you may practice wielding your archaic blade weapons and arcane rituals.?

Bludgeon scowled and planted his hands on the table, levering himself to his feet. ?Watch your vocal processors, Shockwave. My blade hasn?t tasted energon in quite a while.?

Shockwave raised his left arm and the gun attached at his wrist glowed slightly. Prime?s optics flicked between the pair before he reached out with the Force and restrained them both. ?Stand down,? he said, lessening the pressure as both cooled down. ?There, that?s better.?

Bludgeon?s shoulder bobbed a bit. ?My apologies, Optimus.? He turned his gaze to Shockwave and his empty eye sockets locked onto the emotionless Cybertronian. ?And my apologies, Shockwave. I shall restrain myself better in the future. On my code of honor.?

Shockwave waved him off. ?Your apology is accepted, if you accept mine for insulting your warrior code.? His single optic flashed. ?Now, where were we?? He paused as he recalled the last few minutes of the meeting from his short-term memory files. ?Ah, yes, we just agreed to send you to Grand Admiral Pellaeon?s funeral.?

Bludgeon considered that for a moment. ?I?ve never been to Bastion before. I?ll have to download the protocols for such an event.?

Ultra Magnus spoke up. ?Well, if that?s settled, I?ve got the figures for our profits from construction teams.? His mouth plates turned down slightly as he continued. ?We?re making a good profit, b

3. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Excellent chapter. So are some Vong planning sabotage...?

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    There was silence in the main conference chamber before Starscream chuckled. ?So, after thirteen million years, you two are finally getting serious.? He leaned across the table and slapped Prime on the shoulder. ?Congratulations, you two.?

eerrrr.... funny that Screamy's saying it, as he's the one with the fangirls who love add to his family and who has an offspark in canon if you count Rampage

5. Stookymalarkey

Stookymalarkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2007
    Nice to hear the reconstruction bit and I'm also intrigued by the aspect of Vong revolts. Keep up the good work :)

6. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Prime nodded. ?It was, old friend.? He called up several memory files on the battles. ?Their fanaticism and unthinking hatred made them easy targets and beings to return their hate, but that would?ve been the easy path, the path to the Dark Side. Instead, we had to fight them without giving in to our baser instincts.?

Spoken like a true Jedi. :D

Great chapter!

7. GeithJiseo2

GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 21, 2004
    Excellent job! You write very clearly and this is a very intriguing plot.. and your descriptions are beautiful and fitting.

Now keep writing! ;)

Oh, and can you add me to your PM list, if you have one? [face_praying]

=D==D==D==D==D=

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    SSM12-Perhaps... Well, okay. Yeah, they are. ;) Well, some of them. A last gasp of defiance for a few.

Sil-LOL. I never thought if it that way. :p

Stooky-Thanks, and I will.

amidalachick-Thanks. Prime sure does have the spark of a true Jedi. And thanks.

Geith-Thanks, and added. And I will be.

This post is dedicated to those who lost their lives in the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Never forget.

Here we go!

Bastion
    Imperial-class star destroyers flew in parade formation around the planet, all but the running lights dimmed. Traffic around the planet was grounded for the duration of Grand Admiral Pellaeon?s funeral and memorial service.

The newly-promoted Captain Myner Devis stood at ramrod attention in the hangar deck of the new flagship, the ISS Right to Rule. He kept his emotions locked inside of a cage, not daring to betray any emotion. Next to him, Commodore Vana Dorja stood at similar attention. ?This is? wrong,? he finally whispered. ?Dad shouldn?t be dead? this can?t be real.?

Vana?s eyes glanced at him out of the corner. ?It is.. Although I?d give my life to have the Old Man back.? She reached out her gloved hand and took Myner?s in it. ?I?m here for you, my old friend.? She glanced over as the funeral procession entered through the aft pressure doors.

One dozen red-robed and black-masked soldiers walked in, beating a precise cadence with drums slung across their chest armor. Each time they stepped, they banged the drums. Behind them, a pristine-white coffin floated on a small repulsorlift engine.

Bludgeon?s hollow eyes tracked the coffin as his head remained fixed. His armor plating creaked slightly. ?A noble man,? he muttered to Myner, standing in front of the Cybertronian.

Myner turned his head and craned his neck in order to look up at Bludgeon. ?Yeah, he was.? He hesitated before continuing. ?Thanks for attending the funeral.?

Across the aisle, Revan, Bastila, A?Sharad, Quinlan, Luke and Mara stood. All six wore black cloaks and gloves and their eyes were downcast. ?He honored me,? Revan muttered. ?He honored us all.?

The soldiers stopped at the aft cargo ramp of an old-style Lambda-class shuttle. The coffin floated up the ramp and into the ventral cargo hold. The hatch sealed and the shuttle, on auto-pilot, lifted off the deck plating. Force fields sprang up in front of the beings in attendance as the air was pumped out and the hangar bay doors silently slid open.

The shuttle?s engines flared and it shot out from the Right to Rule. As soon as it cleared Bastion?s gravity well, the hyperdrive kicked in and micro-jumped it into solar orbit. It flared briefly against the sun before disintegrating in a flash of light.

The main part of the hangar repressurized as a force field sprung up. Commodore Tschel walked to the central landing platform and looked out. He crossed his hands behind his back and tilted his chin up. ?Today, we celebrate the life of a good man. My mentor, Gilad Pellaeon.?

He cleared his throat. ?He was stern, but fair. He defended what he believed to be right and knew when the war was over, sparing us more years of fighting and more dead beings. He led us against the Vong as well, responding first when they attacked and led us from inside a bacta tank. And finally, he delayed the attack on Cybertron enough for them to organize a counterattack.? He turned his head. ?Honor guard, attention!?

Seven stormtroopers snapped form parade rest to attention. They brought their ceremonial rifles to ready.

?Fire.?

They turned and fired a blank shot from their rifles. Tschel barked out another command.

?Fire.?

They fired seven more rounds. And once more Tschel ordered them to fire. Gilad Pellaeon was sent to the afterlife with full honors befitting him.

The crowd eventually broke up, with Myner feeling lost and alone. Not since his mother died did he feel like this-and he had his father back then to help cope. He turned and walked to the aft doors, barely acknowledging the condolences b

9. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Damn, that was a good chapter. Pallaeon was a real good man...he'll be missed.

And Revan vs Bludgeon will be really cool.

10. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    poor Myner

and nice banter. good to know there'll be a good strong new generation of YJK's just around the corner

11. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    *clapping and cheering*

That was wonderful, RK_Striker_JK_5!!! Please write more!!!

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

12. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    A tense silence settled onto the bridge before Prime?s mouth plate moved slightly, his vocalizer activating slightly. ?Do it,? he said. His optics turned cold as he regarded Megatron. ?I acquiesce for the sake of unity, Megatron, and the fact that, however much I don?t like it, you are correct.?

Love it.:D
    And Megatron is right, they'd just come back another time and try again. Die now, die later, not much difference...

The Jedi Master tilted his head down slightly in acknowledgement. ?True, but if your two factions are to reach a permanent accord, there must be some give and take.?

Anything Megatron might?ve said was interrupted by Soundwave.

Convenient timing for Megatron, spares him the effort to lie.:p

Moff Disra glared at Pellaeon, his bushy eyebrows almost touching his lower eyelids.

[face_laugh] I bet his view is rather fuzzy right now.[face_laugh]
    Loved Disra being dissed. there you go, ugly, guy. Great scene, especially with Megatron in disguise. Thoe Moffs are in for a surprise.:D
    :p

Disra snorted. ?A Force-wielding machine? Preposterous!?

Somebody step on him.:D Good riddance, I'd say. Hope to see him removed from the story before it's all over.

13. The_Sand_Monster

The_Sand_Monster Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2005
    That was a really awesome post! =D=

Good job on Pellaeon's funeral. While it's sad that he died...at least he got a proper send-off.

And nice scene with everyone on the ship. I liked Revan's comment about Luke and Jacen coming to him for advice.

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    SSM12-Thank you, and he shall. *Salutes Gilad* And I hope you like the fight.

Sil-Yeah, poor Myner. :( And thanks. :) Young kids rock.

Geith-LOL, thanks. I shall!

MsLanna-Yeah, Megatron's right. Very convenient for him too. I can't remember what happened to Disra.

Sand_Monster-Hey, amidalachick. ;) Glad you thought it was proper. He deserved nothing less. Glad you liked that scene, too.

Here we go!

Three days later
    The Saber emerged from hyperspace and quickly entered parking orbit above Cybertron. Traffic around the metal world had increased tremendously, but it was still somewhat dangerous due to debris from the Battle. Bits and pieces of reformatted Vong ships and even limbs of Sweeps still dotted the sky, even with the massive effort to clear the area.

Mara contacted Iacon. ?Iacon, this is the Jade Saber requesting permission to land.? She glanced over at Revan in the co-pilot?s seat. ?You seem a bit? anxious to get down there.?

Revan shrugged, the motion limited by the crash webbing. ?I?m anxious to see how I?ll match up against Bludgeon. I?ve seen holos of him fighting, and skill-wise, he?s about my equal.? A grin split his face. ?I honestly don?t know which of us will win.?

A voice came from the speakers. ?Saber, you?re clear to land at the spaceport in Altihex. Landing instructions will follow shortly.?

Mara?s eyebrows scrunched at that. ?Altihex? Why not the Tagon Heights or Iacon?? She suddenly turned as Bludgeon walked in. ?Any reason why we?re going there??

Bludgeon?s armored hands gripped the sides of the hatch, taking care not to rip it apart. ?I live there,? he said. ?I had my personal belongings moved from Kaion after the end of fighting and bought a house. I?ll take you there after we land.?

The Cybertronian left, leaving Revan and Mara. ?I wonder what it looks like,? she wondered while flying over the metal landscape. One of the massive city-states loomed over the horizon; Altihex, home of observatories and research communities almost without equal in Known Space.

The gray-hulled cruiser touched down at the spaceport and Mara expertly powered down the engines. Outside, three hover platforms were lined up right where the main ramp lowered. Both Jedi unbuckled and exited, Revan leaving last.

A?Sharad and Quinlan went to the first one. ?We?re going back to Iacon and hitch a ride to Yavin,? the Tusken-raised Jedi explained. He hopped on and flipped a few switches on the main control console, powering up the repulsorlift engine.

Quinlan hopped on behind him. ?Make sure to film this fight,? he said. ?I have a feeling it will prove to be most? educational.? And with that, the platform took off and shot off, receding into the distance.

Bastila looked over the remaining five. ?Bludgeon, can you fly?? she asked, even as Revan helped her onto the closest platform.

In response, the Cybertronian pressed the button on his lower midsection and grew from humanoid-sized to his usual 13 meters tall. His skull face twisted in a grin underneath the helmet and he jumped up, hovering in midair. ?Follow me,? he said over his shoulder, already twisting in midair and flying off.

Mara and Luke hopped onto the last platform and both platforms took off, their pilots quickly matching Bludgeon?s speed and catching up. Mara waved jauntily from the controls, her right hand leaving the safety grip as she waved and grinned.

Within minutes they reached a squat building at the outskirts of Altihex. It was a dull gray and had a single door in front. Bludgeon landed and stepped up to the door. He pressed his hand to a control panel recessed in the wall and the door noiselessly slid open, allowing him to step in and Mara, Luke, Revan and Bastila to fly in.

There were four docking stations for hover platforms, with two unoccupied berths. The slim transports landed and clamps locked at several points, allowing them to exit. Luke glanced around the main foyer as they walked in, the furniture dwarfing them and the walls seeming to stretc

15. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Nice chapter. So Revan is Bludgeon's equal huh?

16. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    AWESOME...AWESOME...AWESOME! MORE! MORE! MORE!

=D==D==D==D==D=

17. Mirima_Tivos

Mirima_Tivos Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
    Prime and Elita's sparkling,hmmm?

Are you planning a sequel? How about The Adventures of the Skywalker/Solo kids and(sparkling name)?

18. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Scrapper looked up as the shuttle landed. Hook, with his customary precision, touched down a few meters from Scrapper and didn?t even muss his finish. The side-loading door opened and Hook pushed out a repulsorlift sled with carefully arranged tools.

A pedantic Transformer?:eek:

The surgical engineer scoffed. ?Of course they are, Scrapper! This Academy is now fully functional.?

?Excellent. Let?s recharge then and contact the star destroyer Errant Venture. They?ve got most of Skywalker?s trainees, apparently.?

Aw! I think I love Constructicons.[face_love]
    Or should I be more careful about the extras that might be hidden in there.[face_worried]

Do I see a family reunion coming?
    That will certainly be interesting. I don't know how I'd react, if my dead husband suddenly returnd and was a robot.[face_hypnotized]
    Ack! *shoots bazooka at sudden plot bunny*

?It might not be wise to do that, Chewie. Besides, they did gather for you.?

The Wookieebot began to protest, but an odd sound was soon picked up by his audio sensors. He unconsciously increased the gain and focused on the outside of the Lady Luck.

[Chewbacca?]

[Chewbacca?]

[Chewbacca!]

[Chewbacca!]

[Chewbacca!]

[Chewbacca!]

[Chewbacca!]

Suqee![face_love]
    That really moved me, Chewie gets to little screen time, IMO and not enough of such scenes. He deserves every one of them.:D
    Yay for family reunions!
    HEY! You forgot to tell me how Malla dealt with this![face_not_talking]
    I'll have to use my imagination there, I guess. Oh bugger.:p

but the Terentatek paid the gash no mind and swung its arms at Chewie, apparently attracted by the shiny armor plating.

I just thought: The first monster I see that goes: Oh, shiny!
    [face_laugh]

:eek:
    Chewie's a bowcaster!
    Perfect choice, Striker. Love the idea, and I did miss his bowcaster, when he took up that axe. What's Chewie without it? Now he is it. Great.:D

?No, no. Palpatine?s been defeated??

A smart one, but a little late in realizing that, is he not? Maybe he should have lurked at the fringes of the villages some more.

Talo nodded, prompting Quinlan to take another sip. ?I knew I took too many hits to the head over the years??

[face_laugh] I like him already. Skal!

19. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Nice duel!

And that's cool about Bludgeon. It's good to be unique. :D

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    SSM12-Thanks. And in pure sword dueling skill, yup.

Geith-Thanks. I'll give you more now.

Mirima-LOL, yup. The clattering of little feet. ;) And I dunno, acutally. Maybe.

Lanna-LOL, yeah. Hook's very precise. Don't worry about the extras. They didn't install anything bad in it. Glad you liked what I did with Chewie, and yeah. I forgot that. :oops: LOL, shiny!!! Glad you like his choice of alternate mode. And glad you like Quinlan.

amidalachick-Welcome back. ;) And yeah, Bludgeon's one of the coolest Transformers of all.

The scene with Lusa and raynar was inspired by poster Joser_Kyind. :)

Here we go!

It was a small patch of ground, green and full of life. A tree from her home-her former home-grew in the center of the 200-meter wide expanse. Lusa sat beneath the protective branches and sighed. ?Bludgeon?s home,? she observed as she glanced to the domicile next to her own home. ?I can feel him-and hear him dueling.?

Raynar barked out a laugh, then cocked his head to the side as he listened. He used the Force to funnel the sound into his hearing. ?Two lightsabers and a sword,? he observed. At Lusa?s surprised reaction, he shrugged. ?Master Talo?s taught me a few old techniques from his time.?

Lusa chuckled and shifted her hind legs a bit, getting comfortable. Instead of her armor, she wore a simple shirt and bandoleer across her humanoid chest. Her hair even had a few ribbons tied in her hair. Raynar sat down next to her and she grinned. ?So, what?s to eat??

The young Knight opened up the wicker basket and set out several containers of food. Delicious smells emanated from the warm food as Raynar unsealed them. He handed a container to Lusa, who dug in. he took a fork and speared a bit of meat from his own container. ?Wow, this is good.?

Lusa laughed, a musical sound that brought a smile to Raynar?s face. ?Thanks.? She brushed some of her curly hair from her eyes and looked up at the tree. ?I received a message from Mother and Father. They? miss me.? Her eyes turned down. ?I?m not sure if I can go back, though. Too many painful memories of betrayal.?

Raynar stood up, walked over and wrapped his arms around her humanoid body in a tight hug. ?Whatever you decide, I?ll support you and be there for you,? he said, his voice somewhat muffled by her thick hair.

A soft sigh came from Lusa. ?Thanks, Raynar. I think? I?ll go see them. But not now. I?ve still got to settle in here.? She broke the embrace and motioned to her own house behind the patch of grass and tree. ?Ravage will be moving in within the week. And he?ll be missing Soundwave, Laserbeak, Rumble, Frenzy and the rest of his teammates.?

Raynar paused for a moment. ?Ravage is moving in?? he asked, his face screwed up in confusion. ?Ravage, the Vornskr??

Lusa paused and her eyes narrowed. For a moment, she appeared to wear her armor and ready her blaster rifle in Raynar?s vision. ?Yes, the one who saved my life and fought beside me all throughout the counteroffensive. Why??

The young man shrugged and a sneaky grin split his still-boyish features. ?Just checking, Lusa.? He thought for a moment and his expression soured somewhat. ?HK?s not gonna be around, is he?? He held his hand to his forehead and his head darted around quickly.

A short laugh escaped Lusa?s mouth. ?I don?t think so, Raynar. He?s off at Yavin IV with Revan and Bastila, from what I hear.? A sneaky grin crossed her face. ?So he can pop in at any time, actually!?

A sigh escaped Raynar?s mouth and he dropped back down to the grass. ?Oh, how? nice,? he muttered. ?Just make sure Ravage is around when HK is, all right??

A sudden growl from the shadows almost sent Raynar into orbit. ?I?ll only charge minimal amounts for bodyguard duties,? Ravage said, emerging from out of nowhere and stalking over to Lusa. His leg servos hummed as he circled around several times before settling down next to her. His external audio pickups waggled back and forth a bit as he settled down.

Raynar steadied his breathing before sitting down. ?Thanks, Rav

21. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    reminds me of Rattrap lol

?Shut up, Skywarp!? /i]

22. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Awesome chapter. Loved the scene between Raynar and Lusa. And the AT-AT is really a piece of crap war machine...

23. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    Yay!! You posted! I love the way you write Raynar and Lusa. Far superior to the NJO and LOTF, in my opinion (especially in Raynar's case, as Lusa didn't even merit an "onscreen" death in Star By Star).

Keep it coming, RK_Striker. I wanna know what happens next.

=D==D==D==D==D=

24. Stookymalarkey

Stookymalarkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2007
    I was wondering when you'd do some AT-AT bashing, especially with the much better built Transformers around. Heck, I could imagine just crashing into the side of 'em with a speeder would topple the suckers over. BTW, since this story is just about over, you've had any ideas yet for a new one?

25. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    ?Hey, hey! You?ll burn out a diode! Stop it!? he wailed. Finally, a small hatch opened and a microphone blossomed. ?Here, here!?

[face_laugh]
    I like Huffer. 'silicate particles', indeed. They get everywhere.[face_laugh]
    Tatooine has no GPs system? why does that not surprise me.

?Take us out, Huffer!?

Hett blinked twice. ?Huffer? Who?s Huffer??

What? Giving names to cars is new to him? Where does he live?
    *proud owner of a car named 'gerbil'*:D [face_blush]

?They do what right when necessary. And Vong have little defense to being trampled on.?

I like the recurring theme of just stomping on anything you don't like. Squish, and it's gone.:D

So the Dathomiri know about Autobots and Decpticons and even have the sides down right. Bad luck for Ravage. I wonder who the guaridan is.[face_thinking]
    Ooooh, Grimlock's a rancor. Mesa like.:D
    Somehow I don't find HK very agreeable.[face_not_talking] Get yourself some manner or stuff.

Kirana Ti leaned forward and close to his audio pickups. ?But you?re a machine! Why are they worshipping you??

Grimlock shrugged, nearly knocking her off his back. ?They know quality work when they see it.?

[face_laugh] Good one.

Uh-oh, Unicron is not in a good mood. And he's - huge. [face_worried]

And I will let you live.?

Best. Argument. Ever.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.