main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Deception of Serenity" *Q/O***FINAL POST* 9/12 Sequel to "Master May I"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Ok well i think you get the point ewan hehehehe

2. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Yoda walked over to try to reason with Darth Sidious.

?Decided you have what you will allow? The collar that denies Qui-Gon his force signature be removed it must. Try to link with his padawan he also must. Or the boy, your son, die he will.?

?DO NOT even attempt to insult me by trying to run a guilt trip on me. No matter what I do in this life I carry no ?guilt? for it. You should know me well enough by now Master Yoda. Have you forgotten the destruction I brought on your home world??

?Forgot I have not. Let go of my hate for your wrath on my people I have. True Jedi I am, no matter if you think otherwise.?

?Very well. If I take the collar off and Jinn strengthens the bond with Obi-Wan, where does that leave me?
    I mean even if I am thinking of doing what you ask, ever how outrageous it is, how do I save face with the Jedi or my guards.?

?Know well you do, not one of your guards dare question you they will of your decision. As for Jedi maybe hold a reverence of respect for you after gracious surrender of Obi-Wan Kenobi and the ? temple?. Wish not the respect of the Jedi, around it I can find. Keep your persona of evil intact for you I can.?

Yoda twitched his never-still ears and waited. The discussion they were having would almost seemed ridiculous to the old master had it not been for its importance. No matter how crazy the idea seemed that Sidious would release his power over the Jedi and the boy laying on the other side of the room, Yoda still had to make his plea. It was all he had left. Humble he would be now. He only hoped that Sidious had a ?humble bone? in his body as well. He walked away from the dark one to give him time to reflect on what had been discussed.

The master healer looked up from tending to Obi-Wan as Master Yoda walked over to the child and rested his hand on Obi-Wan?s chest.

?Well? Did he agree to let Jinn mind link with Padawan Kenobi? Will he allow me to remove the collar??

?Patient we must be. Mulling it over I think he might be.?

?I don?t have time to be patient Master Yoda and most importantly neither does Obi-Wan. His life depends on Jinn linking with him and bringing him back to us. He has done that before. Hasn?t he??

Qui-Gon interrupted and answered for his former master.

?I did once before just as the bonding was taking place when Obi-Wan was injured. But the child had some desire to come back and he was not in such critical condition physically as what he is now.?

?Well the bond should have more substance and potential strength to it now. Yes, as his principal healer, I grant you he is very critically ill but he also might not want to return to us. Maybe he has lost his will to continue his life if he knows it will include being returned to his father. He needs to know he will stay with us, the Jedi.?

??Even if we convince Darth Sidious to allow the collar to come off and I do link again with the boy how can I promise him something to get him back that may not have any truth to it??

Jinn was truly perplexed by the idea of lying to the boy to bring his life back to them. He would not put Obi-Wan through coming back and then handing him over to his father. No Jinn would rather let him go and be ?one with the force? than to do that to him. Life with the evil one, his father, was something Obi-Wan Kenobi would be vehemently against.

The Master healer decided to take matters in his own hands. He may not have the high status in the Jedi order that Master Yoda or even Master Windu had but he was going to attempt to reason once more with Darth Sidious the most high of evil. He walked up to Sidious who still sat thinking about the situation at hand.

?Time is running out for your son. Have you decided if you will allow Master Jinn to try and help him??

?Not too long ago the Jedi did not want Obi-Wan to keep his birth right. They wanted him to denounce my rightful place as his father. Now that his very life depends on me, he all of the sudden becomes ?my

3. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    One word: WOW. [face_shocked] [face_shocked]

That was SO good. I'm glad that Sidious allowed the Jedi to remove the coller and give Obi back to the Jedi, but I'm not quite convinced that he doesn't have some twisted, devious plan under the table to work all this to his advantage somehow.

And what about this prophecy of two chosen ones? The true one is obviously Obi-Wan. The false one is probably Anakin.

Very interesting.

It amazes me how many twists fan fic authors can come up with. ;)

Great post, ewen ,

Aunecah_Skywalker

4. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    thank you thank you thank you!!!! that was an excellent two posts. i especially liked the second one where sidious relinquishes all claims to obi-wan and demands that no one but jinn gets to claim him. beautiful job as always. looking forward to more.

5. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Very nice, very nice ewen, can't hardly wait for the mush to come. :) :) 7

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Ok Jenny, time let someone sle get a word in 8-}

Boy am I glad that I didn't have to hang on the cliff all night with everyone else. But I am eagerly awaiting MUSH!!!!!!!!

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Sorry i'll share the boards again hehehehe 8-}

8. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Master Jinn?s mind linked most unceremoniously with his padawan. In fact he tried to keep their mind link from being too traumatic on the boy. He edged into Obi-Wan?s mind very slowly with judicial use of the force to stop occasionally so as not to startle the boy.

Although linked through the bond Obi-Wan was at first hesitant to mind speak with his master. In that department he kept his shields up very tightly, unwilling to communicate with his master. It was too tedious for the obvious outcome. Or so he first thought.

Obi-Wan. It is I, Master Jinn. You must let me in. You have to drop your shields, both sets; the inner ones and the outer ones.

Qui-Gon had no wish to bring the child more pain by forcing his way in through the almost impenetrable shields he was holding. Qui-Gon was astounded that his imp could have held his shields in place so tightly with him being in such poor medical condition.

At first Obi-Wan never wavered in keeping his shields up. He knew it was his master, but he also knew that when he awoke, waiting for him would be his father. He had no wish to return to him. Yes, he thought it would be best to be ?one with the force? than to be returned to the dark side where he knew tortuous abuse awaited him at the hands of Darth Sidious and whatever apprentice he would have at the time.

You must listen my imp; all is well if you come back to me. I promise?No I swear all will be well. You are to remain with me.

Those words jolted Obi-Wan. So much so that it was visual when his little body jerked violently for a second. He lowered his shields ever so minutely to allow Jinn just a little entrance to his mind.

It?s a trick Master. My father will not allow me to remain here with you. Why should he? He has what he wants. No I don?t want to come back. This is some trick, either on your part or his. I Don?t believe it. No not for a second. Leave me please and let me go. I have no wish to walk these galaxies on the side of the dark and I don?t think I have enough stamina to fight Sidious once he has me again. My mind will eternally be corrupted in the ways of evil. No master I am right. You have to leave me here.

Oh child do you think me capable of deceiving you in this. I could never lie to you. I know how hard your life was with Sidious. Remember I was in your mind and shared with you all the horrible memories you had of his abuse. No I would not want that for you. I promise. ALL IS WELL.

Obi-Wan thought for a minute before he mind spoke with his master again.

Then Master if you believe you are telling me the truth he has truly been cunning enough to trick you. It is some trickery I tell you master. He will not relinquish his ownership of me. He thinks because he is my father I should remain a slave to him. That is all I would be. I would have no true life of my own.

Exhaustion was slowly overtaking Master Qui-Gon. He felt Obi-Wan?s shields go back up tightly. Obi-Wan was resolved to the fact that the only thing that would bring him some as semblance of peace was to bring on his own death now. He was resigned to do just that.

Qui-Gon withdrew from his apprentice?s mind and slumped his head, letting it rest beside Obi on his little bed.

Drop a pin and it could be heard. No one even dared breathe. The only thing in the room making noise was the heart monitor and Obi-Wan?s own raspy breathing. Did this mean that Master Qui-Gon had failed to bring Obi-Wan back? That even after all this, his destiny would be death.

Master Healer Pidune shook his head.

?I guess it is in the hands of the force now Master Jinn. I can do nothing for him. You were his only hope.?

From behind them a voice thundered.

?I give him to you and you fools want to give up on him so quickly.?

All in the room turned to see their ?favorite?nemesis, Darth Sidious.

?Agree with him I also do. Master Jinn never known you to give up when clearly have a chance you do to change the boy?s mind.?

?He won?

9. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    What an ending! I like it. :D That was SO great, and SO fitting. Yes, DO continue with a sequel, but if you feel need for a break, than take it, and THEN continue writing. But don't stop this series. It's too good for you to stop it. Besides, you don't want to stop at the unlukcy two. ;) (Okay, I confess, I just made that up.)

Aunecah_Skywalker

10. jedibear30

Aug 14, 2002
    looking forward to the ending of this story. i hope that you continue this series. you definitely have what it takes to be a ff writer. i am always glued to my screen when you write. but if you need a break take one. but please continue this series.

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    MORE

I would understand if you felt you had to take a short break to recuperate from your marathon writing sessions. But please do not stop writing. I am getting very addicted to your stories.

12. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I agree with all of them i love this series and do hope you plan on writing more storys for it!!!!!!!!

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi-Wan was at first going to push Master healer Pidune away as he tried to check the boy?s vitals.

A stern look with a wisp of love sent over their bond told Kenobi he would be ill advised to attempt to avoid the master healer.

He was now back on his bed and would not allow his master to leave his side. Selfish as it might sound. Qui-Gon who by now was in much need of a drink had to have Mace bring it to him as well as lunch for master and apprentice.

Obi-Wan figured they were now reunited, so he saw no reason for his master soon to be father to leave his side just yet. The child was still leery afraid that in some way that Sidious would return to "upset the apple cart" so a speak and put an end to the feeling of being in heaven that Obi felt right now. Master Yoda had gone in the anteroom with Eeth Koth and Plo Koon to settle matters of the Boreel situation, the reason in the beginning that brought them all together. Once back to the temple the council members would have to see to the disbursement of the Temple of Telos and what to do with Master Boreel and his ?son?, Artis Boreel. Master Yoda knew there was goodness in Boreel?s heart but he had breached the Jedi code by doing what he did. His punishment would probably mean his dismissal from the Jedi. The boy Artis would have to be dealt with, but Yoda would leave that for the council members to think on with him. Master Dooku also would be thrown out of the Jedi. Yoda felt that he most probably would be the next apprentice to Darth Sidious.

Master Yoda walked back to where Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were. He came in just in time to see Obi-Wan being obstinate about his choice of food for lunch. He immediately walked over to where they were.

?Remember this Padawan Kenobi, Jedi you remain, although strictly under your master?s care you will be, live through the living force you should. Those orta roots and qualla berries were once alive they were. Enjoy them as your lunch you will without complaint I think.?

Yoda was putting the little boy in his place quickly. He did not want a repeat of Jinn?s spoiling him that had once happened before. He would have to learn to be the chosen one with dignity and grace. No favorites would be allotted to him or his master because of his high status as the Chosen One. Yoda knew now he would not be able to keep it from the others back at the temple. After the adoption papers were signed he would make an all out announcement of who Obi-Wan Kenobi was and make it clear, yes very clear that he was to be treated as any other Jedi padawan. In fact things might be harder because others would expect him to be different, more attuned to the force as it were. But deep down Master Yoda knew that for right now Obi-Wan who had just suffered a very traumatizing experience was just a little boy dealing with such a high honor given him. How he handled it would be another matter.

Obi-Wan settled down and ate what he was suppose too. He realized that he should not even have any complaints. He was back with his master soon to be father, forever set free of Darth Sidious and had been given the highest honor a Jedi could have he was, the chosen one. No he should not complain about a nasty root vegetable he was being forced to eat.

All the lose ends had been tied up. Obi-Wan was deemed in well enough condition to be transported back to the temple. Yoda had gone ahead with the younglings that were there to keep them happy by telling his famous stories. They had been scared to death by their captives and he wanted to comfort them on their return home. It was good to see all were returning home safely from this mission. The mission on Telos and at the palace of Sidious had brought death to several knights and masters. Their funeral rites would be dealt with now. All in all though the mission was successful and for that Master Yoda counted his blessing, among those were the young ones he now traveled with.

Jinn was waiting for another transport. He could not help but notice that Eeth Koth and Plo Koon stood nearb

14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh boy another master wants obiwan and one who didn't even like him at all, well i wont worry obiwan and quigon are together and nothing can break them apart!!!!

15. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Well to put in my 2 cents worth as to you continuing this series, I say I'm getting very used to this AU, but don't stress yourself ewen relax, take your time posting if you decide to continue. :) 7

and to quote you ewen
    peace

16. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I would'nt worry too much about another master.

Plo Koon might try to throw a wrench into things,but he can't do much to break their bond.

He can only try to cause a little havoc at the temple or between our "boys".

As far as resting,writing is my rest. I love doing it!!!!

I spend 8 hours on a computer at work then maybe another three or four on it at home. My television is very seldom on,if ever through the week.My computer on the other hand is always connected to the net!!!!!!!

Sometimes I just think that my stories can't hold a candle to some of the great work done here on this FF board.

PEACE ewen

17. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Never think it Ewen. This IS amazing I promise! Loved every bit of this! Continue these stories you must. Avoid your destiny you cannot.

18. jedibear30

Aug 14, 2002
    i agree with everyone else. obi has no fear of receiving a new master. these two have proven that they can last. i sincerely hope that you continue with this series, you are an excellent writer and i look forward to reading more

19. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    IT WAS AN AMAZING STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU HAVE TO CONTINUE
    UUUUUUP
    [face_grin}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.