main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Deception of Serenity" *Q/O***FINAL POST* 9/12 Sequel to "Master May I"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Yes,give me 15 minutes.

PEACE ewen

2. RingThane

RingThane Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I finally got caught up with this...

This just keeps getting better and better! :)
    Come on Obi, hang in there!!

3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Master Qui-Gon Jinn did not know how to handle the predicament that he had led Obi into.

He began first by gently trying to prod the boy into eating. The fork met the dried-out lips of Obi, but the child was not willing to take a bite.

?Master what is happening? Where am I?"

?You are in the basement padawan; evidently you breached the privacy of the main office of this temple. I have been assured that you will not be harmed.?

Jinn was clearly still in his roll-playing mode.

Obi I must speak with you. Don?t use too much of your power. Also do not worry about Artis being able to penetrate your mind shields. I am shielding for the both of us and I can promise you he does not have the power to override our shields now. Are you alright?

Obi started to nod his head yes and Qui-Gon quickly stopped him.

Answer me Obi through our bond. Do not nod your head in response to my question. We are being watched and if they see you motion with your head then they will know that you are mind speaking to me. Artis does not want that.

I know master. I?m sorry. I forgot.

Jinn knew that Obi had disobeyed him and went out on his own to investigate, but this was not the time to bring it up.

Padawan, did you learn anything?

Only that none of the padawans or masters have any past history. It?s like their life started here.

That sounded confusing to Jinn but that was just another piece of the puzzle. Right now his concern was for his apprentice.

Well I don?t know if we should continue this ruse we are trapped in.

Master we have too, or we will not find out what is going on. I will be no better off if we ?fess up?. I still don?t? think that Padawan Boreel will let us out of here, do you?

You have a point. I guess it wouldn?t hurt to continue. I could call Master Yoda and get help here to us while we wait. Of course you would have to stay down here. We will only continue this facade for your safety. Once we have gotten a Jedi team here to help then we will let Artis Boreel know of the truth. I think for safety?s sake, yours in particular, we will let him believe he is control at least for now.

Obi could not help but interject a little mental humor. He held up his hands and shook his chains.

Well master he does seem to be in control. It sure feels that way to me.

Jinn stopped for a second to send more comfort over their bond to his padawan. Then verbally spoke to Obi-Wan.

?You might as well eat Padawan Kenobi. I am not sure you will be given food later and you will stay here anyway until Artis decides you have learned your lesson.?

Jinn?s voice was nothing less than sharp cruel monotones directed at his padawan.

I am sorry Obi. I had to do that. Artis is watching. If we continue this deception and I am suppose to be under his control then we have to fully make it believable.

Although Obi knew his master was only staying in character so as to get Artis to trust him, it still hurt to have the harsh words spoken to him by his master.

Jinn could tell Obi was getting weak and he thought it might be the force collar, but Obi had one used on him before. A collar did not remove the force from a force sensitive it controlled it, not allowing the Jedi to use his powers. Once the collar was removed then the powers returned.

What is it child? Don?t you feel well??

I don?t know master. This collar is really outdated but it emits some kind of electrical force. It?s making me weak.

That does it. I am getting you out of here now.

Please master. Just wait until we get help from Master Yoda. You are here alone. You might get hurt if you try to take on the entire temple of padawans and masters by youself. None of them seem too friendly if you ask me.

I think Master Yoda can get help here soon Padawan. You just stay here until they come for us.

?Padawan are you listening?"

Jinn verbally spoke so they would know there was some kind of communicatio

4. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    YIKES!!!!!, no comlink, **a feeling of dread creeps over 7** [face_plain]

5. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Wow, this is fabulous. It gets better and better with every post. I love how the suspense and excitement just keep building and building. I admit I'm a little confused about some stuff but that's definitely my own fault for not having read the first one. Great work. Just one question: no offense, but is there any particular reason why you keep saying "Obi" all the time, never Obi-wan? Just curious.

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    SO this power hungry little monster wants to create a race of Uberjedi? Are the padawans and masters real or did he bring them in for this purpose?

Greta job Ewen you ahev my mind racing with possibilities!!

7. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I do try to correct myself about saying Obi.It is easier and I always think of it as a nickname and since he is younger.

Sorry,I will try not to do it so often.

I personally think of him as Obi because he is so young.

PEACE ewen

8. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    ohh boy not good, can we have another postie?????????????

9. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Like PK said, are the other padawan's and masters real? This is intriguing.

I still think Sidi's involved someway. Qui doesn't think so. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

10. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Agh- you know, ewen, you have created a character I love to hate. What a horrible person- Artis!

So- he is a powerhungry snot... jee...

can't wait for more!

11. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon puts a big pieice of the puzzle together in the next post.

I will have it up later today.

I only have a half day's work.

I have saved it to floppy disk because I am running into problems with my microsoft word eating the story before I can put it in a save folder and then I can't retrieve it. Anyone ever have that problem? If you know how to correct it,[if it even can be corrected] let me know please.

My brother stopped by and said I need a new modem.

Gosh I hope not!!!

LATER!!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE ewen

12. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    just upping

13. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Wow. That was a great post, ewen . Poor Obi, thinking that he's a coward. I hope something awful happens to Atris.

Aunecah_Skywalker

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon went through his backpack once again before going through Obi-Wan?s. He hoped that he had mistakenly put the ?comlink? in his apprentice?s backpack. If he didn?t, it meant it had been removed from his room.

The search turned up no ?com link?.

Jinn sat down on the bed and held his head in both hands. They were stranded with no help, no way to send for it. Their only communication was taken from him.

?Missing something are you Master Jinn??

?What..... Artis??

Then the reality struck him. He was listening to Atis Boreel over a speaker. He had their room wired some way.

?Sorry Master Jinn There is no way you can communicate to me, only vice versa. We haven?t put all our audio equipment in so you will just have to remain silent and listen to me.?

Jinn felt it was a good thing he could not speak to this ?lunatic? right now. He needed time to rein in his anger or although it sounded cruel, he might ring the boy?s neck when he confronted him again..

?I was not quite sure you were being sincere in your desire to help me with my little temple so I have assured your help. You will not contact Yoda except in my presence. You will tell him you are well and that you are going forward with your assigned mission of finding my father. I need your help and I plan to get it one way or another. To make sure that you do help me, I will just keep Kenobi is in his ?little home? for now. If there is indeed any of that ?bond? of yours left with your padawan, then your desire to keep him alive should be foremost in your mind. I am not past killing him if need be. Make you decision. The boy will not be much use to you very soon anyway; the bond will break itself when he loses all his midiclorions.?

Jinn got up and started to pace back and forth. What was he talking about? A force-inhibiting collar did not destroy ones? midiclorions in their blood, it only tamped down their force abilities. He waited for Boreel to continue.

?You see, what Obi-Wan wears around his neck emits electrical stimuli that slowly destroys a force sensitives midiclorions. Soon he will have none and will not be able to rejuvenate them. Once every single one of them are destroyed in his blood, he will never be able to use the force. Your bond should sever itself.?

?Don?t look so shocked Master Jinn. I know you must have a confused look on your face after what I have just told you No, I?m not a mind reader; I am just very attuned to your feelings when it comes your apprentice. I can almost visualize that twisted contorted look on your face over the news I have delivered. But isn?t having your apprentice alive more important than having him as a padawan, dead. After all I will be ?your padawan? now. Don?t think you can stop me. You can?t. If you are really nice I might let Obi-Wan come back to his room and stay with you. Of course he will remain chained, but if it will bring you comfort then I am all for it.?

?To oppose me would be futile. My father was derelict in his duties and I had to correct him. I can correct you also.?

This couldn?t be happening. Destroying Obi-Wan?s midicloirons? Once it was completed it could not be reversed. The best healer in the temple had tried to perfect a cure for such a problem. It could not be done.

The temple healers had once dropped Obi?s midiclorian level, but never had all of them been extracted from his blood. No wonder his padawan felt weak.

Qui-Gon did not know for sure what he said next. He thought only of Obi-Wan. He knew he must have him in his room to care for and watch over him. Maybe Qui-Gon could find out how to neutralize the collar.

If only I had Master Yoda?s wisdom right now.

?I think I might be able to sway Obi-Wan to your side if he were brought up to me. If his force abilities are not up to par, we should have no trouble controlling him and possibly convincing him to work for you.?

Jinn surprised himself by getting the words out of his constricted throat.

Did Padawan Boreel notice the hesitancy in his voice, di

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Where is everyone?

Friday night of fun???

O.K. Its allowed.

********UP*******

PEACE ewen

16. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm here. ::waves around::

So, his Padawans are all ClONES !!!!! [face_shocked] Well, that explains it all.

And what about poor Obi-Wan? He's not going to become an ordinary, NOT-JEDI person, would he?

Come on, ewen , post more before I start chanting it.

Aunecah_Skywalker

17. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah i'm here to it's just (sighs) me and my husbend had a fight so i'm alittle down, so a new post will help cheer me up!!

18. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm here. Clones- ok, it makes sense to me. Wait, no it doesn't- what did his father originally want with them? And where are the other jedi who are supposed to be there? Oh yeah probably locked up or dead.

19. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    I'm late- but I'm here.

What is Artis trying to accomplish... he doesn't seem like the kind of person wanting to help the republic stay in the whole peace and prosperity mode. That strikes me as odd...

Hmm... well this is a mystery after all... and it is mysterious.

Wonder what will happen next? [face_mystified]

They should have one of those you know. 8-}

20. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    What a pickle Qui-gon, you'll have to hurry and think of some way to get Obi out of that midiclorian draining collar, and please ewen hold me back cause this jedi wants to clobber that pompous *A* Artis right in the nose :mad: :D . BTW this Master May I series is very entertaining :) :) 7

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    "Is there a problem Master Jinn? You look like you have seen a ghost.'

"No.. I...I was just thinking of what training maneuvers I could instruct your padawans in tomorrow."

That comment delighted Atris. He wouldn't have been so delighted if he had known it was an outright lie.

Qui-Gon shocked himself at his ability to lie so quickly lately. It was uncommon, no absolutely unheard of for the big Jedi to just spew forth so many falsehoods.

"Will my former padawan have to wear the collar?"

"The collar and the cuffs stay on him. If you want him up here and out of my little "play" room."

"Won't that kill him?"

"I'm not sure. I couldn't tell you. I guess we will have to wait and see. I hope it doesn't bring on his death. I was kinda looking forward to having a private servant."

Qui-Gon felt sick with the detached words and feelings that were being communicated to him by Padawan Artis.

"Well your former padawan is back in your room. I would suggest you do not take up all your time this evening coddling the boy. I will expect you in your best from tomorrow as you begin to actively train to "our" padawans. Of course you will need to "comm" Master Yoda and let him know things are running well, just as we discussed and agreed too earlier."

Jinn nodded his head in agreement.

He left Padawan Artis standing in the hall. He wanted to run to the room shared with Obi-Wan to make sure he was all right, but he knew a slow methodic pace was best. There was no reason now to blow his cover. On the contrary, it was also most imperative that he keep the deception up for his padawan's sake.

Qui-Gon stepped through the door to met with eye to eye by his padawan. What surprised him most about his padawan was the weariness exhibited by him. He had no wish to alarm Obi-Wan with what Artis had told him. It would serve no purpose to tell the boy right now that Artis planned to suck the very soul from him. That was what the evil padawan was doing. If a Jedi lost his midiclorions totally he would also lose his force abilities. As for the bond he knew nothing of that. Qui-Gon had not had enough "hands on experience" with someone ciphering the midicolrions out of a Jedi. To him it was a sick sadistic thing to do. In some ways it was far humane to kill the force sensitive than to remove their powers.

Of course though, Artis had been right. Qui-Gon would rather have a "live" child named Obi-Wan Kenobi than a "dead" padawan by the same name. Face it. Master Jinn wanted to keep this boy anyway he could. He wanted the child by his side, as a padawan or as his ward. This was the child he loved as a son, not just a padawan. He would notgive up custody of his child.

Jinn related the day's event to Kenobi. He was not too sure if the boy was actually listening, He looked like he was about to fall asleep.

He fed Obi-Wan a few bites of food, but that was all the he was able to eat.

Finally Obi-Wan relented to his desire to sleep and fell in a stupor.

Jinn watched the little boy lay there as he slept.

Did this desire to create an unfeeling robotic power sect come originally from the Jedi? After all even the Jedi temple of Coruscant teaches a padawan the same stoic reserve that the clones have. It's just that the children of the temple could not totally squash their human emotions. The clones in this temple had none. Would the Jedi prefer it if the sentient Jedi apprentices were more like a clone; emotionless unfeeling robots. Would these clones be the ideal Jedi if the council had their way?

Things seemed so confusing. The clone Jedi acted the way the council would have preferred the padawans to act. Qui-Gon wondered if they spent a few hours with them if it would make them see what they were doing to the Jedi children.

Must everything emotional lead to the dark side. Is that where Artis gleaned his idea?

That probably was the best thing about Obi-Wan, his apprentice. He was still young enough and because he was not rai

22. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Sorry I missed a post ewen.

Artis has some nerve talking to Qui-Gon like that. You have a real evil character there, ewen. It doesn't look good for Obi-Wan nor Qui-Gon right now.

23. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Great posts! In a HUGE hurry, I'll review later but great job!

24. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    What makes him think he can "read" Yoda if no one else at the temple really can. Hopefully, Yoda will notice some oddities- ge's usua;lly pretty good about that kind of thing.

25. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Wonderful post, ewen ;). Sorry, I can't do much more than that at the moment. I'm tired and weary from the day's hard work, and simply can't think.

Aunecah_Skywalker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.