main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Deception of Serenity" *Q/O***FINAL POST* 9/12 Sequel to "Master May I"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
  2. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi-Wan very slowly slid into the chair next to his master. He had not looked back into his master?s gaunt tired face again after their eyes met when he first entered the pilot?s area. Both knew something was wrong and that it had to be corrected, even before the more serious matters were confronted. Qui-Gon got the feeling that the secret his apprentice held might be as important at least for their partnership as the possible war between the Jedi and the dark lord.

?Obi-Wan this collar is keeping us from linking like we should be able too with our bond but I get a sense something is wrong. Want to talk about it??

Obi-Wan nervously squirmed in the co-pilots chair. He did not wish to bring more grief to his master, especially after seeing how worn out he looked. But he did not know how he could keep this feeling he had inside of him. Certainly if something were to happen to one or both of them he would like be ?one with force? with the truth and not this questionably wonder he had itching at his heart.

?Master I do not wish to cause you more problems but I need the answer to something Xanatos told me when we?. when he?Well that night in my room.?

?You mean the night you have refused to talk about until now padawan??

?Yes. Well you..I mean? I know there are more important things right now to think about so if you want to hold this conversation later I will understand.?

It did not take their shared bond to know that the little padawan was trying to back out of their discussion.

?There is nothing we can do right now about our situation. All we have to do is wait and we have the time to discuss your problem. It is important to me child if it is important to you.?

?Well O. K. if you want too. It?s just that? well I don?t really know where to start.?

?The beginning is always best. I know that Xani has told you something about me that evidently did not set well with you. Maybe if you just told me what it was I can confirm or deny it.?

?Did you kill Xanatos? father right in front of him??

There Obi-Wan had just blurted out part of what he wanted to say. But the zinger was yet to come.

There it is. Xanatos always liked to play his ?thump card?; his ?sympathy getter? as Master Yoda use to say.

?Is that what he told you? Is that what is bothering you??

Well yes master he told me that.. and well and more.. But that first.?

?Yes my imp it was necessary for me to kill Xanatos? father after a confrontation just before he was knighted. It was during his last trials that the council sent us..I mean sent him on. I was just there to oversee his last trial. It was totally unavoidable I assure you.?

Qui-Gon spoke very calmly, slowly and softly, hoping that his words would truly sink in. He wished he could open his mind up to his padawan and allow him to see all that happened that day much like Obi had superimposed on Jinn?s mind his own horrors he had been subjected too by his father. He tried to be patient as he waited for Obi-Wan to say something, but still the boy seemed hesitant to go further.

?Is that all you need to ask me??

?Master, no?I mean?well the thing I really need to know is if?.?

Sidious came up behind the small Jedi and grabbed each side of his shoulders and squeezed very hard.

?I?m sorry to interrupt this lovely little father/son chat you two are having, but I have just received word that Master Yoda?s ships are now on our radar screen. You, boy go sit in the seat there in the back by Artis. Master Jinn and I have some things we need to discuss.?

Kenobi seemed almost glad that their conversation was interrupted even if his father had such a crude way of doing it.

He wondered if Sidious, his ?father? could have any communication with him that did not include some kind of pain.

Once Obi was out of hearing range, Sidious launched in with his instructions to Jinn on what should transpire next.

?I think it is time that you contact the Jedi ship and talk with Master Yoda. Tell him of my demands and by the way tell him I will throw

3. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Wow! Awesome post Ewen! Hurry up with the next one!

4. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Excellent posts, ewen . I promise, I didn't forget about this fic. (It's too good to forget ;).) I'm just very busy, and hence the few replies.

Currently, my brain's in a closet, so that's all you'll get :(.

Aunecah_Skywalker

5. Jedi_Umm

Jedi_Umm Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    ...ummmm ewen how can you wish us peace when you leave us haning like this? I feel anything but peaceful.

6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah really all i feel is ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

7. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    After ten minutes of heated discussions between the council masters assembled on the ship an agreement had been reached.

Master Ramina very much wanted to know what their decision had been but when he attempted to ask Master Windu he shook his head and walked away. He saw Mace kneel in meditation and knew that he was not happy about what had been agreed upon.

Tahl stood with her arms crossed. She wanted to know what had transpired also but after watching Windu shrugging Ramina off so abruptly she thought it would be wiser just to wait and find out.

Everyone there huddled around the hologram where Master Yoda had walked too to contact Jinn and Sidious.

All waited with held breath until Master Qui-Gon?s likeness came on the screen.

?Decided we have. Meet with you we will. Here what you have to say then decide again if we choose to go along with it. Tell Sidious I for one as well as a couple of others have concerns we do. Also need to know we do where to meet.

Sidious had been listening and then he stepped in front of the screen so all the Jedi could see him. He seemed quite pleased with himself.

?I think the best place to meet would be at the dining room of the Coruscant Hostel in city. There is only one if I am not mistaken. Let?s say eighth hour in the morning. I will set it up so we have all the privacy that can be afforded us in such a public place. I am being quite thoughtful having our meeting there. I thought you would prefer a public place as opposed to something private. I know you do not trust me very much.

Yoda?s ears began twitching again.

?Agree with you I do trust you I do not. But also agree to the meeting we will. Harm must not come to any Jedi before then.?

?You have my word, although you don?t trust me, that any Jedi harmed between now and the meeting will not be of my doing.?

The hologram quickly snapped off.

Sidious looked over at Qui-Gon who had in head in his hands in deep thoughts. Beads of perspiration formed on the Jedi?s forehead.

The turmoil was almost too much for Jinn to bear without his force abilities. His confused thoughts floated dizzily through his head. He could not turn Obi-Wan out, but he doubted that the council would have much choice. In less than 12 hours Obi-Wan might be on his way back home with the father who had already promised regular beatings in his training of Obi-Wan in the ways of the dark.

?I would like to spend some time with my padawan before the meeting.?

?I?m afraid I can?t allow that to happen. I am too close to getting what I want. The boy stays where he is. I get a sense that his force abilities are coming back. While I don?t want to tamper with them in case he comes back to me, I still think I have to control him. He?ll stay locked up here on the ship while you and I go have our little meeting.?

?It? can?t happen that way. He must go with us.?

?Don?t be so disagreeable. I told you I didn?t want the boy to know all that is happening.?

?I will tell Master Yoda not to discuss anything with you if he is not there somewhere in the hostel. I don?t want him left here on the ship.?

?You are not a council member Jinn. You have no say so in this really.?

?I may not be, but I am the highest-ranking master in the Jedi order who is not on the council. My opinion will carry some weight. If they cannot see the boy then I will recommend to them that they not negotiate a deal of any kind with you.?

Master Jinn did not convince Sidious to let him see his padawan one more time before the meeting with the Jedi masters, but he managed to convince him to take Obi-Wan along with them to the meeting.

The sun had barely broken the dew mist skies of Courscant as Darth Sidious and his entourage journeyed to the city of Courscant to meet with the Jedi council members.

A little doubt tugged at Sidious? mind but not much. He reasoned when all was said and done the Jedi would willingly give the boy to him where he should be and have the temple safe.

Qui-Gon glanced back a couple of times at his padawan but

8. kasiaskywalker

May 1, 2002
    it was very GOOD
    UP!!!!!
    :D

9. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Whoah dude this IS awesome! Poor Obi! poor Qui! (Two most overused phrases in the fan fic comunity, and small wonder.)
    Question: Who started all this "soulbond" stuff?

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ####UP###########

Actually the "soul bond" originated at other sites a long time ago.

Far longer than anyone here,including myself have been writing about them.

I guess we took the word and turned the bond into something other than what the other sites have it to mean.

There it means something quite different and not allowed on this board.

PEACE ewen

11. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Great post, ewen . POOR Obi. POOR Qui. It's all so sad how much they go through in their lives.

Aunecah_Skywalker

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Yes, I have read the souldbond stories at the other sites. They don;t bekong here. Kweep up the good work :)

13. Jedi_Umm

Jedi_Umm Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    more postie I want... <pause> Please?

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    The Jedi council members assembled sat in a corner at a round table and discussed their options, which at best were few. Yoda seemed to have more resolve than before. During their discussion unlike his previous self, Yoda seemed to let the others do the talking as he sat in pensive thought.

Master Jinn sat off to the side. He had become upset over the fact that he had no say so in his padawan?s future, which he thought, was unfair. This was clearly council business.

In some ways Jinn was glad it would not be put on his head, the decision to strip Obi-Wan of his apprenticeship, but he felt he could have argued for his padawan and that it might have helped.

Conversation was over more quickly than the large Jedi had thought it would be. The silence resonated through the private meeting hall that they had been sequestrated in.

Slowly the council members started to disburse and make their way over to where Darth Sidious sat a table waiting for their decision.

Not all masters headed that way or walked slowly. Mace threw his hands up in disgust and stomped out of the room, back to the anteroom where Obi-Wan was being held. Master Galia was not as animated in showing her disgust with the decision as her former master had been, but she too abruptly left the group. Both refused to meet with Sidious as their decision was rendered by the other congregating Jedi council masters. She opted instead to find a vacant corner and kneel in meditation.

When Darth Sidious saw the reaction of Mace and Adia he knew the council had been swayed to favor him. Qui-Gon also knew things had not gone well for his little padawan in the meeting. His stomach flipped over almost causing the master to spill its contents right there in front of everyone. Before facing Sidous, Master Yoda walked over and rested his little gnarled hand on Jinn?s thigh. He sent ways of comfort to his former padawan. Even with the force inhibiting collar on, the mind suggestion of peace and serenity reached Qui-Gon and while his fears remained, some of the desire to retch right there subsided. He looked up to give his old master a grateful glance.

Jinn knew it was not good news for his padawan when he saw Master Yoda?s drooping eyes and his lips pressed tightly together..

All the masters where whispering among themselves as they faced Sidious.

Yoda turned and gave them all a dirty look. Master Yoda was clearly not pleased.
    Master Qui-Gon knew his master did not like being backed into a corner as he had been by the dark lord this day.

?Give you the child we will. Tell him we will Jedi he is no longer and can never be. Only after the babes are released. Your troops to pull back as soon as you head for your ship, but also before you enter it. For trust you I do not Darth Sidious. Sad this day is for the Jedi.?

Sidious burst out with a smile from one side of his face to the other.

?Oh Master Yoda cheer up. Surely you can find another ?chosen one?. And look you get your Master Jinn back. What more could you want??

?Want your demise I do Sidious. Turn an innocent child over to a monster????

Master Yoda?s voice seemed to crack with emotion. He stopped in mid-sentence and could go no further. Council Master Eeth Koth finished the Jedi demands.

?We have also decided that we have to see to the breaking of the bond here. We will need a room set up here and two healers brought from the temple.?

Sidious objected.

?I can take care of my own son. I have healers aboard the ship.?

Yoda spoke with venom in his voice. He tapped his gimer stick almost angrily on the tile floor to get Darth Sidious? undivided attention.

?Jedi healers Obi-Wan needs. Jedi healers he will have. Also my former padawan needs them he does. Our demands all of them you must meet. Set up a healers? ward here we will. Break the bond before they leave. Need medical care they might. Need body bags they also might.?

Yoda walked away shaking his head in utter disgust.

?Oh very well. See too your healers. I will have the children here in a c

15. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Wow, Ewen, this is amazing. I mean it's intense, yeah, but hey, dude, angst is angst and I for one love it. I think my fics are even more intense/ angsty... well.... sometimes anyway. This is really good Ewen. Let's hope Qui's got a really good plan for how to get out of this one.

16. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    oooooooh! the intensity, oooooh the angst, bring it on !!!!!! ewen bring it on!!!!! :D 7

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    It is intense, but WOW

18. RingThane

RingThane Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Wuhoo!! :D
    That was awesome ewen! Please, I beg you, post again!!

19. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Yeah, it's been a bit too intense at times for me lately..(I'm still hooked though!) Are we going to have any good news soon?

I want to "see" Sidious suffer greatly for what he's done!

20. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    are we gonna get some good news anytime soon. i like the angst angle and everything, but i also like good news too. great story as usual. keep up the good work

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    George Lucas put Obi-Wan in the precarious position of living a life of turmoil. The only movie he was in that did not hold too much angst for him was AOTC.

He seemed to have led a life of angst.

SORRY if you don't like it, but its already written.

You guys are all assuming that things are going to turn out A.O.K. for the padawan and this angst is going to be followed by MUSH MUSH MUSH.

What if it isn't the ending I have planned

If it is then we have to plan a way of getting Sidious off Obi-Wan's back once and for all don't we?.

If you truly want I can change the ending and bring you mush right now, otherwise if you want me to keep my ending you will have to wait for about two more posts for things to lighten up some.I promise

Let me know how you want it. The mush now and change the ending or keep going with what I have already written. It's for your enjoyment so I suppose you should have a say so!!!!!!

PEACE ewen

22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Are you saying you dont plan on obiwan being a jedi any longer and in stead he does go with his father and then end of story!!!!!!

NO NO NO NO!!!!!! YOU CAN NOT END IT LIKE THAT OBIWAN AND QUIGON MUST REMAIN MASTER AND APPRENTICE OR I'M NOT READING THIS ANY LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUSH MUSH MUSH MUST HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH AND FIND A WAY TO GET OBIWANS FATHER OFF OF HIS BACK ONCE AND FOR ALL, OH AND THERE IS NOW GOING TO BE HELL TO PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Jedi_Girl

You should know me by now.

I love mush as much as the next person.

We just have to wade through the muck to get there.

It's going to kinda get worse instead of better the next couple posts, then this Sidious problem is just going to have to be resolved or I'm going in and correct the problem myself,I "promise". [LOL]

PEACE ewen

24. kasiaskywalker

May 1, 2002
    awesome post & I agree with Jedi Girl
    up

25. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    ewen leave your story the way it is, you know we like all this turmoil. 7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.