main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Decisions of Darkness ( Pre JA Qui/Dooku)~~~ Updated 12/1~~~~ NOW COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Title: Decisions of Darkness
    Author(s): Layren and Kynstar
    Timeframe: PreJA Qui-Gon is 18
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Dooku
    Keywords: Dooku, temptation, darkness
    Summary: When Qui-Gon goes missing on a solo mission, can Dooku control the Darkness for his padawan's sake?

Hello everyone! Here we are! The first post of the last fic in the trilogy! I hope everyone enjoys :D

Sitting by the largest waterfall in the Room of the Thousand Fountains, Dooku rubbed his bearded jaw thoughtfully. He was still puzzled at not receiving any messages from Qui-Gon within the last week. The few weeks without his Padawan had been hard. Waking up to silence was the hardest.

Alone,hopefully he is having a better time than I am. He cringed at that. It was his fault that he was alone. He could have easily sought company with his old Master or even Jocasta. But no..he did not want to trouble them with his problems. So the last few weeks had been devastating.

Not being able to leave is the worst,I can't go to the Senate Building. Deep down, the tall Jedi enjoyed listening to the political disputes of the vast chambers. He had taken refuge there many a times to avoid other Jedi. I could keep track of the Senators that I have been observing, Sighing heavily, he realized how much he had lost in making that fatal mistake on their last mission.

The chirping of his comlink drew his attention away from his thoughts. "Master Dooku here."

"Master Dooku, this is Councilor Rhy'ul. We need you to come to the Council Chambers as soon as possible. We have a few things to discuss," he said urgently.

Dark eyebrows rose, "I'll be right there." He ended the signal and got back to his feet. Hmmm I wonder... A small shiver of fear crept through him as his mind drifted back to his Padawan. Had something happened to him?

Taking the lift up to the Council Room, his mind was in a whirl.

Walking to the waiting room, the Padawan on duty bowed. "They're expecting you, Master Dooku." The young man opened the door and the tall Jedi entered and bowed to the Councilors.

"We have received urgent communication from Queen Elelanyia," Master Rhy'ul started the proceedings without waiting for pleasantries. "Padawan Jinn has been missing for over a week now. Through an extensive search they have finally figured out where he is being held. A rebel group blew up a section of the palace a week ago intending to capture the monarch. Your apprentice apparently foiled their plans and was captured by them instead."

Dread filled him at the news. Dooku bowed his head slightly as his dark eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"He has been missing over a week now? She is just now contacting us?" His eyes flashed as he lifted his head back up.

"She contacted us sometime earlier Master Dooku informing us that he was missing but then there was nothing you could do. We had no idea of his location and you are still on probation -- but now you are nearing the end of that time."

Pulling to his full height he stared down his nose at the Councilor. "Then I will be going to retrieve my Padawan." He closed the cap on his anger, knowing fully well that this would not be a good time to lose it. Even though they did seem to have taken their sweet time of informing him.

"On one condition Master Dooku. We will allow you to retrieve your Padawan if someone else goes with you as you still technically are on probation. We have chosen Master Jocasta Nu and her Padawan since she has been of assistance to you in the past."

Unfortunately the cap slipped a little and the dark eyes flashed while nostrils flared. But remembering what was at hand, he swallowed the anger. "As you see fit, Masters..." His voice was calm even if it took nearly all his will to push back the rising tide of rage. He just wanted to go and see what had happened to Qui-Gon.

Rhy'ul's eyebrow raised a little as he felt the rage rise within the Jedi. "You are dismissed now Master Dooku. We suggest you get your things

2. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Yay...a sequel - a long, juicy post too :D !! Oh, Qui's been abducted...loved Dooku going nearly insane with worry.

What'll be the padawan's fate, now??

3. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    "We have received urgent communication from Queen Elelanyia," Master Rhy'ul started the proceedings without waiting for pleasantries. "Padawan Jinn has been missing for over a week now. Through an extensive search they have finally figured out where he is being held. A rebel group blew up a section of the palace a week ago intending to capture the monarch. Your apprentice apparently foiled their plans and was captured by them instead."

I just knew he was going to get in trouble somehow!

Dooku bowed and began to turn on his heels, but stopped at the last second. He did not want to do this, but he knew that he should. They didn't have to let him go if they didn't want too, but the fact that they were, was worthy of thanks. "I thank you Masters in allowing me to retrieve my apprentice." He then left, long strides slightly quickened as he made his way back to the lift at the end of the corridor.

Rhy'ul smiled a little as the Jedi stopped himself from stomping out -- yes Dooku was doing better. This would be a good test for both the Master and the apprentice.

*giggles* Dooku's learning his manners!

"I'm just about done; I'll be there in a few minutes." Dooku smiled a little at the thought of traveling with his friend. It would take almost a week to get to the planet. The last part caused the smile to change to a scowl. A week... no telling what can happen within a week to him. Anger seeped through his veins as his imagination began to take off. If they dare hurt him...they *will* pay!

Of the Darkside, anger is! [/Yoda]

Awww, poor Tahl!

And a very very big 'Poor Qui!!!!' Ten credits say that he's being tortured right now...

Great start, ladies! Can't wait to see more!

~Jenn

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great post! And another story in the series? How wonderful for your readers! I can't give a detailed response right now, I'm not even supposed to be on the computer. I am supposed to be in the kitchen, creating a nutrious meal for my family.

[face_laugh] Like that's gonna happen! :D

5. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Wow! You've started the next one already - so very glad you didn't leave us hanging too long :D

And IMHO Dooku has acted rather admirably considering the situation regardless of his status of being a Jedi Master - the man's son has just gone missing (I know I'd be frantic [face_worried]). Now if he can just stay away from the pull of darkness.

Definitely looking forward to more :D
    Rogue

6. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Princess_A Yep it's the last one in the series and you'll just have to wait and see ;) Thanks for sticking with us!

CodeName_Targeter Wow you foudn the update by yourself this time!! Yep of course Qui had to get in trouble he always does when he goes off alone ;) I'll take that bet...

:D Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR Maybe we should do another post for Plot Device about what kind of cook Qui-Gon is ;) Sneaky woman you! Thanks for sneakin on to read ;)

Rogue You know me I never make you wait too horribly long :D At least I try hard anyway hehehe.

Dooku *has* done *very * well considering the circumstances. He is doing much better with his meditations and making real progress. Only time will tell if he keeps it up ;) A new post will be up shortly guys!

7. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    As a special Valentine's Day present (even if a day late) Here is an *extra* long post for you all! [:D][face_love] Happy V-Day to all our readers :)

The Master sighed with relief when Tahl fell into a deep sleep. Well that is good. She'll sleep for a while now.

She then wondered if she should offer the same help to her friend. Getting up from the bed, she went to track the man down to see if he would like for her to do so.

Jocasta found him where she had left him, but this time he was standing still at the viewport where Tahl and she had been earlier.

?Yan?? She called out quietly.

Hooded dark eyes turned to her. ?What?? He said a little bit gruffer than he would have liked.

?You need to get some rest?will you let me help you? I helped Tahl?? She strayed off not wanting to reveal what her apprentice had told her.

A thick eyebrow rose. ?What? What?s wrong?? He turned and grasped the Archivist?s arm tightly.

?It?s just that Tahl?she?s been having dreams.? She stated, turning her head away from him and looking out at the streaking stars.

Letting go of her arm, he reached out and took her chin in his large hand. He was taken back once more at how soft her skin was. ?What dreams, Jo? Tell me.? His voice was soft.

Sighing, she allowed him to turn her head in order for him to see her expression. She was unable to stop the misting of her eyes. ?Dreams of him being tortured?? She whispered under her breath.

Dooku?s heart stopped at that. ?Tortured??? His hand dropped from her chin as the color drained from his face.

?It?s probably her anxieties causing them??

?Or it is the Force letting her know the truth.? He growled out. Why is she getting them and not I? Am I not special enough for you? He questioned the Force and of course expected no answer.

Turning away from her, his hands clenched tightly into fists as he tried to stay his anger. It has betrayed me again?the Force wants nothing to do with me. Closing his eyes, he lowered his head in shame. ?No Jo?I don?t want your help.?

The tall Master then slowly walked away, shoulders slumped.

?Yan please?you need to rest.? She started but stopped as he whirled back around. She flinched at the burning in his eyes.

?Why? I don?t care! What I need is to find my Padawan!? He rasped out as he eyed her. The anger was beginning to spark something else, but he shoved it back. His desire for her had grown in the absence of his apprentice, but he would not allow himself the luxury of her body or her love. I was in the wrong and should be punished?

Turning back around on his heels, he left the woman in the wake of his misery.

The last few days that it took to get to the planet went by quickly. Dooku kept to his quarters and refused to talk with anyone except the pilot who was the one to inform them of their approach to the planet.

Jocasta was crestfallen at not being able to help her friend and had to draw upon the Force several times in order to stop her sobbing. The last two nights she had to help Tahl sleep to prevent the return of those disturbing dreams. The apprentice did not mind her Master?s help for she was afraid of what they might reveal to her next.

They all were in the observatory room waiting for the ship to land. Tension was in the air and was mainly coming off the taller Jedi.

As they walked down the ramp, it appeared that the monarch had been waiting for them.

Dooku's head shot up a little more than it already was at seeing that the 'Queen' was no older than his own Padawan. The monarch was wearing a bright blue gown that had white fringes at the edges and long bellowing sleeves. The neck of the dress was frilled with a type of white lacing. The young woman?s black-blue hair was braided in multiple strips with the same type of lacing intermixed with the braids.

But discipline and training kicked in and he bowed respectfully, though it was a little stiff. Only somebody who knew the man would have noticed...and Jocasta did.

"Greetings Your Majesty." Doo

8. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Oooo... nice post! *hopes that Qui will be rescued soon but highly doubts that will happen*

I'll post a longer review, but I've got to run now. ;)

~Jenn

9. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Okay, don't know how I managed to miss the first two posts, but anyhow ...

Well, I kind of figured Qui's first mission was not going to go well. The council wasn't kidding when they said it would be a test for both master and apprentice.

In Qui's absence, Jocasta is probably the best choice to keep Dooku grounded. It should be interesting. I've always wondered what an archivist might be like on the field.

10. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    Ooh - extra long post cool :cool:

Poor Dooku having to hear about Tahl's dreams and poor Tahl for having them :(

And if everything else wasn't enough, now an old foe and mission are coming back to haunt him! It would seem that the Council has decided to push them all to the breaking point :eek: and potentially beyond.

I will say this though - Dooku definitely has more restraint than I would - I'm not sure the dark would have stopped me :D

Rogue

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, good girl, gooooooood girl. I like this so far. There's no drunk dooku or superhorny jedi just yet.

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehe fear not Ish I don't let Dooku do the horney stuff this time around. He feels tainted and not worthy. ;) Well I should say the sex part any ways ;) It will be a long time before that happens with him and Jo... :_| poor baby... he has some mental trials still ahead :(

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Lol, poor Dooku. Going to the dark side AND he can't get any!

14. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    What a difficult situation for Dooku and he KNOWS this terrorist :eek: This is not going to be good, too tempting to turn to the darkness for help.

I'm hoping that Jo can keep him centered and in the light. [face_love] And I'm glad Tahl has her Master to turn to.

Sounds like Qui is being tortured :_| Hang in there Qui, your Master is coming!

15. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    CodeName_Targeter
    Hehehe no not quite that fast! ;)

Glad you're liking it! :D

Master_Noi
    Yep a sure enough test for the both of'em!

Yes, Jo is going to be the anchor...but she can only do so much unless he accepts the offered help. :(

Hehehe unfortunately archivists aren't true field operators juz like a lot of the healers.

Rogue_JediKnight
    Yeah those two...one has to feel for them :(

Dooku was totally thrown offguard with that added info. He thought Nalistar was done and gone for good.

Yep...he has a lot in store still ahead. At least common sense shone for Dooku this time and he didn't leave in the middle of the night - alone. Mark one for the Master! ;) hehehe

DarthIshtar
    Yeah sad isn't it? hehehehe

t_s
    Yeah...it's gone from bad to worse for our Count to be! And you are not too far away on that assumption Padawan (newly Knighted) Sis!

:( It is now personal and that is not good...no not at all!

Jo will try but it will be ultimately up to Dooku. She will not force anything, juz state the obvious and be there for him.

Yepper! Tahl has Jo thankfully. Now if we can only get Dooku to get over his stubborn streak...he too will then realize the same thing! hehehe [face_not_talking] That man sometimes!!!

16. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Hey ya'll sorry it's been awhile since I"ve updated, but hubby had food poisoning this weekend so I was busy taking care of him. Hope you guys enjoy!

Dooku motioned for Jocasta and her Padawan to go around toward the back of the building to find another way in. He was going to try and go through the front door while the other two skirted the side of the building and the back to see if there were any other entrances.

The Archivist nodded and motioned for Tahl to follow her. Dooku watched the two women move silently around the old abandon warehouse, and then he walked up to the front rusted durasteel door. Looking around for a panel for entrance access, he finally found one.

Pressing the button the door opened with a groaning creak that sounded as if several cables needed repairing and oiling. The door halted at about half its normal height with a jarring screech.

Typical bandit holdout. The Master snorted as he walked under the doorway cautiously, reaching out with the Force to keep his senses alert.

Along the front entrance there was what appeared to be a laser field. Each laser was barely an inch apart that left hardly any room for maneuvering in the gridlines.

Dooku frowned, This is it? He snorted again then sighed. Looks can be deceiving Yan?remember that. I bet there is more to it than this? He called upon the Force and easily leapt and slid under each laser beam.

After several seconds of maneuvering, he successfully made his way through them. The Master then snickered sarcastically and began to walk forward.

Security droids zoomed out of the darkness towards him, over a dozen, firing at him with one accord.

With a blur of movement the Jedi flew into motion, with his dark green blade flashing. Several shots were deflected back toward the droids. Flipping over one, he successfully turned while still in mid air and brought his lightsaber down through the metal bearings of another droid.

Lightly landing, he continued to deflect the bolts of energy being fired at him.

Several of his repelling shots nailed a couple of droids, causing them to spiral out of control. Lucky enough, one of the spiraling droids crashed into his companion and then that one too began to fall to the ground.

Dooku relished in the combat, allowing the Force to flow steadily through him guiding each of his actions. The man was one giant blur as he followed through several advanced katas to bring down several more from the air. A smile crept on his face as for the first time in months he was in perfect harmony with the Force.

He had no knowledge of how much time had passed, but when there was only around five left, the droids backed off and stopped their firing.

The Master landed lightly upon his feet once more and was actually crestfallen at the halting of the attack.

A door from off to the side opened. "Impressive, Master Yan Dooku. Most impressive. They don't give you that title for nothing, eh?"

Dooku's head shot up at recognizing the voice, his saber still lit. "Ah Mister Kert Nalistar. What...it's been like eleven years now since we last met?"

"Eleven years, twelve hours and two minutes, Master Dooku," Came the sneering voice from the shadows. "You've not changed much. I must thank you Yan for the opportunity to meet your apprentice. He's a fine young lad. You should appreciate him more."

A cold dread filled the Jedi at the mentioning of his Padawan. Dooku had tried several times to get a sense of his Padawan?s presence through the Force once more, but could not.

"What do you want?" His voice was as hard as durasteel.

"Surrender, Master Dooku, and then we'll talk."

The Jedi clenched his jaw so tightly, that his teeth grinded. Surrendering was not a thing that Dooku did. Tightening the grip on his lightsaber's hilt caused it to waiver a little. His mind began to toss around the possibilities of what he could do. I hope Jo can get in...perhaps we can work something out.

"I do not even know if you even have the Padawan." The Master lifted his ch

17. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    :_|:_| You two never stop torturing poor Qui! :_|:_| And poor Dooku too!

Actually, poor Tahl and Jocasta too!

Nice mention of the leash, btw. ;) Thought I still say poor Qui! *sniffs*

Nice post, you two! :)

~Jenn

18. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Hmm, my computer is acting strange, I thought I had already posted so this may end up twice ;)

But I just have to tell you, I can't wait for more, I have to know what happens next and I may end up stalking you two! :p ;)

Poor Qui and Dooku, I can just feel him trying to keep that anger in and a part of me wants him to use it against Nalistar! :eek: I can only imagine how our Count feels :_| I also know the heavy price Dooku and everyone he loves will pay if he gives into the darkness.

I am so glad Jo and Tahl are there. Hang on you two! Nalistar and his cronies may not be long for this world. Can't wait for more! :D

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Gah, dang...I liked that.

20. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    :eek: Poor Qui-Gon and poor Dooku :eek: - Whatever Nalistar has in store cannot be good.

Great post - more when you can.
    Rogue

PS: Ack! Food poisoning sucks! Sorry :(

21. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, Dooku is holding on a lot better than I would. I guess he has improved if he hasn't killed those baddies yet. :p

Poor guys!

22. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Dooku on his knees. :eek:
    And oh pooooor Qui-Gon! :_|

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor Qui-Gon. You two never seem to let him have a nice, quiet time together - just Master and apprentice. I liked that Dooku was fighting off the darkness - good internal conversation that.

Looking forward to those two getting out of there!

24. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    OK, I've finally read this, and I think it ought to be on the first page. :D

25. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    CodeName_Targeter :D At this point poor everyone! Glad you liked it! Thanks for reading!

Tangled_Sphere The Council was aware that if Qui-Gon was in any type of distress how much trouble Dooku would have controlling his anger. He's already had trouble controlling it even in a controlled environment, how much more so would he have controlling it out in the field? That's why Jo and Tahl went along with him. THey knew that Jo was probably his closest friend other than Qui.

Thanks for reading!

DarthIshtar A wonderful compliment from you ;) Thanks for reading!

Rogue Nope Nalistar is not in the mood to be merciful :D This is personal. Thanks for reading!

Master_Noi Dooku is MUCH improved which is the only reason the Council let him out of the Temple in the first place. Thanks for reading!

jeday Nice to see you're still around reading! Glad you liked it :D Thanks for reading!

Dianethx Qui-Gon? have peace and quiet? Nahhhhhh. Actually he did get some in Reflections as he was having fun with Tahl ;)

Female_Obi_wan Wow thanks! I'm glad you liked it! More soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.