main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Decisions of Darkness ( Pre JA Qui/Dooku)~~~ Updated 12/1~~~~ NOW COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww, sweet....

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Hey guys sorry for the delay in replies -- I've got a new job working the infant room at a daycare so when I get home I crash :p I work split shift in the mornings so here I am and a new post will be up shortly :)

Master_Noi Nope Dooku's going to have some tough choices to make in the future -- Nalistar knowing that he has connections is not a good thing at all. Thanks for reading!

Rogue [face_laugh]Eat up Jocasta! Why ever would you think she'd need strength? Just because we've kidnapped Qui and Dooku is no reason for worry ;) [face_whistling]

tangled_sphere Poor Qui's had enough stress and Tahl was comforting to him and nope Nalistar has things up his sleeve that's for sure..

DarthIshtar Thanks for reading :D

3. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    An extra long post to make up for all the short ones we've been posting lately -- Enjoy!!

The sound of the cell door opening awoke Tahl. Her eyes flew open as a hand grasped her and dragged her away from Qui-Gon's embrace.

"What are you..." She started but was backhanded by the short stout guard from earlier.

"Hush girlie, you are stayin' here. Bossman wants him to go see his Master." The man held onto Tahl tightly as another guard came in with an energy pistol pointing at Qui-Gon.

"Come along, slave boy." It was the blade wielder that had nicked Qui-Gon's throat badly.

At that, Qui-Gon immediately stilled his fighting. He didn't want to endure anymore pain, but he couldn't live with himself if he allowed Tahl to get hurt because of him.

Blade wielder had prepared himself just in case, but was relieved when the Padawan stopped. "Good, bossman won't be upset then. Don't resist me putting these binders on you." He powered down the pistol and put it back in the holster on his hip. Taking the cuffs from his belt he slowly approached the apprentice.

Qui-Gon didn't resist even as they cuffed his wrists, the click of the lock was loud in the silence and he flinched.

"Let's go now." The guard led Qui-Gon out of the cell and the stout guard pushed Tahl back further into the cell and followed his companion out. Closing the cell's door. Tahl watched through the bars as the trio walk away turning down a corridor.

Be strong Qui... She said as she took a seat and leaned back against the wall to wait the time out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nalistar sighed in contentment several hours later. The beating of the apprentice gave the man some entertainment once more. "Take the whelp back to his Master. He will need some comfort." He chuckled as he wiped blood on his pants. "And put the woman with the girl."

The two guards chuckled and were happy at being able to witness the battering of the young man. "Sure boss, will do." The stout guard said as he unchained Qui-Gon from the pillar that he had been tied too.

Qui-Gon grunted in pain and tried not to cry out as they unchained him from the post. He stumbled along as they dragged him down the corridor, but after a few minutes his legs gave out and would no longer support him. His legs longed for rest and his body didn't want to move. He gasped as they continued to drag him along.

"Ya know...I thought Jedi had more umf to them?" The shorter of the two guards chuckled as he helped drag the young man to the door leading into their 'guest' suite.

Qui-Gon moaned softly as he was dragged along. Gone. The symbol of his training and the part of his Master that he always kept with him that kept him sane during the past ten months was gone. Nalistar had taken it from him with the swift stroke of a vibroblade. It wasn't fair. He wanted to rage against it all if he'd had the strength. It was his Master's job to cut off his braid at his Knighting. Now -- there would be nothing to cut. He choked back a sob as he thought about how feeble his ceremony would seem now.

The taller guard keyed the access code and the door opened.

Jocasta was immediately drawn awake by a sensation through the Force and heard the door open. Sensing that her friend was still out cold, she sat up and nudged the man with her good hand. "Yan..."

The sleeping Master barely felt the touch and it was the voice that made it through his conscious. "Jo?" His voice croaked. Opening his eyes he saw her looking toward the doorway. Sitting up, he then spotted his Padawan.

"Qui-Gon..." He immediately got up from the bed and nearly stumbled. The only thing that stopped him from falling was reaching out and grasping the post of the bed. This time he was actually happy that his hands were bind together, otherwise he would have fallen.

Jocasta started around the bed to help the taller Master, but was stopped by the shorter, stouter guard. "No missy, you're gonna go see your slave."

Jocasta's brown eyes flashed a little at the comment of her apprentice. "She is not a slave, sh

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    About time I delurk here... though I thought I had already replied... age... isn't it fun? :D :D

He didn't want to endure anymore pain, but he couldn't live with himself if he allowed Tahl to get hurt because of him. awww. That was an almost painful post to read.. so sad and little comfort from Dooku....

Excellent story ladies.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Dang, poor Qui-Gon. And I'm getting scared for Yan.

6. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Poor Qui-Gon can't ever seem to get a break :( Reminds me a bit of Empire Strikes Back where Han goes - ...they never even asked me any questions.

:eek: Nalistar definitely has no idea that he's dealing with a Master on the edge here and is holding on only through sheer dint of will and those around him - I seriously doubt that Dooku would have made it through this mission on the side of the light had he gone alone :eek:

Definitely not good

Rogue

PS: Healer_Leona - I think you meant to say being busier than Jar Jar at a clumsy contest instead of age right? ;) :p

7. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Hmmm, yikes. I don't like what is going on here. I have to wonder if Nalistar knows what Dooku is struggling with, or even comprehends it if he does know. He's really pushing him. And, if he decides to go after the ladies now ...

My feeling is that Nalistar just wants to make Dooku suffer. I doubt he understands how dangerous Dooku would get if he lost what little control he has right now.

Poor Qui :(

8. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Nalistar is evil, and he is just pushing and pushing Dooku.

When Dooku tells him he just doesn't know what a 'nightmare' will be like, I can just see him raising up to his full height and confronting Nalistar. Great job you two, I don't know how they are going to get out of this one. That is so puzzling that Dooku has lost his connection, the darkness is really pulling at him and that must have something to do with it.

Great work :D

9. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Healer_Leona Poor Qui yeah at least he got some comfort from Dooku this time :D Thanks for reading! Glad you liked it!

DarthIshtar You're only just *now* being afraid for him? [face_devil] Just wait till we get to the good part ;) [face_whistling]

Rogue [face_laugh] I never even thought of that but it is very similar isn't it? Hehehee. No Nalistar really has no idea what he's dealing with with Dooku there. Let's hope he doesn't find out :p Thanks for reading!

Master_Noi Nalistar knows about the Dark Side but he doesn't realize just how powerful Dooku would be if he fell -- and that his own life would be forfeit if that happened. Thanks so much for reading!

tangled_sphere Nope -- Nalistar has no idea what a nightmare will be like ;) Thanks so much for reading!!

10. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Several hours later Qui-Gon began to stir. He let out a whimper of pain as he tried to move and the pain flooded through his bones. He blinked and looked in some surprise at finding himself in a bed and Dooku sitting there next to him almost as if guarding him. "Master? How long was I out?"

At Qui-Gon?s stirring Dooku quickly put the braid into his tunic. He winced as Qui-Gon?s pain filtered through their bond and he cursed silently for his lack of shielding. ?Lay still Qui and relax while you can. It has been several hours. I have no idea since I can?t access the Force?? He sighed and got up. ?I?ll get you some water to drink.?

The Master walked over to the table and picked up one of the glasses from the meal before. Going into the refresher he washed it out and poured cold water into it. As he walked back to the bed, he glanced over at the vidscreen to see that Tahl had fallen asleep in Jocasta?s arms. Dooku?s heart jerked as he wished it was him that was in her embrace. Closing his eyes for a second he turned his attention back to his apprentice.

?Here Padawan, drink.? He helped Qui-Gon sit up just enough to sip from the glass.

Qui-Gon gulped the water thirstily and licked his dry, cracked lips. "Thank you, Master. That tastes so fresh. The stream dripping off isn't really enough to do much with." He slowly sat up the rest of the way wincing at the pain of his slashed back.

Dooku took the glass as he tried to keep the Padawan?s pain from ripping through his own senses, but with no luck. Eyeing Qui-Gon, he sighed. ?Do you want more? I am not sure how much longer you?ll be here. I?m surprised he even let you come?probably to play more mind games.?

Qui-Gon nodded a little. "Please, Master. I'm very thirsty." He grimaced. "Blood loss probably isn't helping."

Dooku nodded and got up to head for the refresher once more. His head spun a little but he took several slow breaths to ease the spinning. This is getting to be tiresome and a pain. Growling a little from the refresher, he pushed the thought away and got the water then headed back to the bed.

Smiling reassuringly at Qui-Gon he nodded again. "Blood loss does that young one. You need to go into a healing trance while you can. Finish this glass and do so." He handed the glass over and nearly cursed again at the manacles around his wrists.

Qui-Gon very quickly downed the second glass. He lay back down on the bed wincing as he moved. "I suppose I should while I can," he said in agreement.

He closed his eyes and began to draw on the Force struggling to dampen the pain and sink into a trance. After about fifteen minutes of hard effort he finally managed and sank into a deep healing trance, urging his weary, torn, body to begin repairing itself.

He will get better; soon we will be out of here. If I can't recover...I will have to bring this up to my old Master. Perhaps he will be able to help me. Dooku sighed as he watched his apprentice accomplish a feat that he could not do...or possibly never be able to do again. Stop it! You know you will be able to once more...just will have to meditate and find the Light once more.

Grumbling under his breath, he took the glass back to the table and placed it there. Looking back up at the vidscreen a longing pulsed through him. Will I ever be able to be with her again after this? This brush against the Darkness was too much. I gave in...I really gave in. Tears misting in his eyes, he sat down heavily in the chair next to the table. Raising his manacled hands to grasp his head, he allowed the tears to fall quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jocasta was happy to see her Padawan and embraced the young woman.

"Master! I thought they were going to keep us separated?" Tahl was a little confused and worried about what was going on. What were they doing with Qui for those last couple of hours? She had been sitting there alone, but took advantage of it and meditated.

"I'm not sure, Tahl. But I would assume Qui-Gon is with Master Dooku right now. They brought him in and

11. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm glad that Qui has had a little time to rest and that the padawans have both been able to spend time with their masters, Qui and Tahl are sweet together. :)

Now, this post seemed really peaceful in comparison to previous posts. It's almost like a calm before a storm. So, now I'm worried that something bad is getting ready to happen. [face_worried]

12. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    That seems so true...The calm before the storm. Nalistar has something very evil in mind no doubt. You know the calm only makes me more nervous *chews on fingernails*

The emotions are so high here. Great job you two!

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Kicks Nalistar, hugs Qui-Gon, raises eyebrow at Tahl's "dark, creamy skin."::

14. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    He issued an order softly into his comlink.

This is definitely not good - I'm not sure I want to know what's coming next :eek: So I guess I'll be reading the next post peeking out from behind my hands [face_mischief]

Rogue

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    So, it seemed that Dooku cared more for his Padawan than he had earlier displayed. That gave him an idea. It was time to see just how much Dooku really cared for the boy.

He issued an order softly into his comlink.
    ... oh dear, that's very bad news for poor Qui-Gon. And of course I don't think whatever Nalistar has in mind will help Dooku focus on the lightside of the Force.

"I miss the braid...I was quite enjoying dragging you around by it...oh well." GRRRRRR.... :mad:

16. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Hey everyone will do replies when I'm not quite so tired :D Been a bad morning so here's a new extra long post to start your week!

Dooku paced the floor at an unsteady pace as he waited for Jocasta's return. He hoped for her return. His mind drifted at what all things could befall the Archivist. Shaking his head, he turned at the opening of the door.

Jocasta walked in without assistance and the door slammed closed behind her. The two Masters? eyes locked. "Are you all right, Yan? I saw Qui-Gon? he looked still?" The paling of her friend's face caused her to stop. She knew the severing of the braid was affecting him as badly as it was the Padawan. "Oh Yan?" Closing the distance she embraced him gently.

Dooku returned the embrace for a moment, but lightly pushed her away. "Don't Jo?I'm tainted now even more than before." He said roughly as he turned away from her to eye the vidscreen. It appeared that Qui-Gon was resting peacefully as well as Tahl. At least they are able too?
    Sighing he walked back to the table and took a seat.

The Archivist sighed and felt torn as Dooku drove off her affections. "Do you think I care about that? It was a slip, it won't happen again."

Dark, pain filled eyes looked up. "Will it not? How do you know? How can you say it won't? For all I know it could be too late?" Shaking his head, shoulders fell as a sorrowful sigh left the regal man.

She walked up next to him and knelt at his side. "Don't do this to yourself. Please?if you do then he has won. Don't let him win, Yan. You must continue to fight this, to have faith. If not for yourself then for Qui-Gon." She reached out and cupped his jaw and lifted his face in order to meet with his eyes. "Please?love?don't do this. Don't give up." Her voice broke as tears pooled in her eyes.

Dooku was taken back by her emotional statements. "I can't Jo?what if I can't?" He closed his eyes and turned his head a little to enjoy the sensation of her hand touching him. She caressed his cheek once before embracing him. This time the noble Master did not refuse her attentions, but returned the favor by embracing her back. He took extra care of her broken arm. "I'm afraid I won't be able too regain my connection?regain my serenity." He whispered in her hair.

"Have faith, Yan. We must both have faith and hold onto hope." She whispered back as she moved her head back a little in order to see his face. She swore there were even more gray hairs than before. Fingering his beard gently she slowly made her way to his mustache and his dry, chapped lips. Light brown eyes met with darker ones before she closed the distance and initiated the kiss. Gentle and yet with vigor the two kissed, only stopping to lean their foreheads against each other in order to catch their breaths.

"It is late and you still need to heal, Jo." Dooku said huskily as he fought against his rising passion. He gently took her good arm and helped her back up.

She nodded and went to the refresher to relieve herself one last time.

"I'll tuck you in if you like? I need to meditate for a while?" He stated as he watched her come out of the refresher. He had removed the first layer of sheets that had been coated with some of Qui-Gon's blood. Only a little had seeped onto the second layer.

"Thank you." Her eyes shimmered as she got in and Dooku pulled the coverlet over her. Leaning down he gently kissed her one last time before turning around to return to the chair that he had occupied just moments ago. "Sleep well and don't forget to enter a Healing trance again." He reminded her.

Chuckling she did so. Taking several deep breaths, she drew upon the Force and encircled herself with its warmth, allowing her to fall into a deep sleep.

Dooku watched her for a little while letting his mind drift to better times when the two were alone. A small smile twitched his mustache as he remembered those times together. Sighing heavily he pushed them away as he tried to enter into a deep meditation. It was hard, but after a few hours he managed to enter into a light tr

17. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm glad Dooku has found the Force. I think he is going to need all the helo he can get. Things don't look good.

18. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Another post that had me on the edge of my seat! :eek:

Dooku was taken back by her emotional statements. "I can't Jo?what if I can't?" He closed his eyes and turned his head a little to enjoy the sensation of her hand touching him. She caressed his cheek once before embracing him. This time the noble Master did not refuse her attentions, but returned the favor by embracing her back. He took extra care of her broken arm. "I'm afraid I won't be able too regain my connection?regain my serenity." He whispered in her hair.

They are so great together. And I just found myself cheering inside when Dooku was able to feel a little bit of the Force. :D

Nalistar is not long for this world if I have anything to say about it :mad: I mean, focus, focus....there is only peace... ;)

19. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Ah, finally. Dooku has found the Force. But how horrible for Qui... :(

Great work!

20. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    Poor Qui-Gon having to bear the brunt of this :( and now it appears that Dooku is barely holding onto the light and his sanity :eek:

Though I'm starting to wonder if Nalistar doesn't know more about Dooku and how close to the edge he really is and purposely pushing him further :eek:

Great job,
    Rogue

PS: I was just wondering if anyone here is going to C3? Wow! Two weeks - I can't wait :D

21. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Ha! Caught up on this, finally! Great job so far, ladies. :) And have I mentioned that I really hate this Nalistar guy?

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Jocasta still has so much hope in Dooku and she's at least able to keep him to the light side... though for how much longer is anyone's guess.

Another great post ladies. :) :)

23. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Several hours later the door to Dooku's room opened and two of the guards entered. "Master Boss man wants a word with you, Master Dooku." They grabbed him roughly after punching him in the nose.

Dooku grunted as the pain shot through him again. He noticed that it was the same one that had hurt his nose the other day after it had been broken by Nalistar. Your death wish has been sealed?twice over at that. He glared at the man as he tried to staunch the bleeding.

The guards grabbed his arms, not allowing him to stop the bleeding.

Walking down the hallway, Dooku felt better and more at ease even through the pain. The couple of hours of meditating had strengthened his connection with the Force. He was almost at full strength. He allowed them to pull him along.

"Master!" Came Qui-Gon's voice as the guards dragged Dooku into a large circular chamber.

The chamber was as sleek as the corridors they had been walking in. Every inch of the surface was gleaming durasteel.

Dooku felt through the Force for his Padawan, but felt a wall. Blasted collar... He moved his head and spotted the young man bound back to back with Jocasta. The two looked rough, fresh cuts and bruises were evident upon them. The Archivist was looking his direction too. Her lip was bloodied and Qui-Gon had a black eye forming.

Thoughts began to swirl in his mind, as he looked for Nalistar. The guards said that he wanted to talk. But what could it be? And he didn't have Tahl. Dooku felt relief, he was happy that the young woman was being left out. At least she will not experience this. I hope Jo keeps her shielding up.

"Well well, Yan. Did you enjoy your meditation session?" Nalistar smirked. "I hope so because you're going to need whatever control you managed to gain." His face deepened into a sneer. "You've got exactly 24 hours to choose between the two of them, Master Dooku. That's what Jedi do all the time right? They choose between life and death for thousands. Surely choosing between your lover and your apprentice shouldn't be that hard. The Code demands that attachments can't be formed. It should be easy to pick."

"No!" Qui-Gon burst out in protest. He didn't want his teacher to have to make this choice at all.

"If you do not choose, both will be executed in 24 hours."

Dooku could not control his complexion even with added strength of the Force. The man was going to make him decide between the two things he loved in life. The bearers of his heart and soul? Shock was evident as his face drained of all color. Eyeing the blond man, he saw that he was serious. There was no joking. One or the other or both will suffer the same fate...No! This was the cruelest thing that could ever happen. The Force did not prepare him for this nor does the Code. He turned back to the two bound Jedi. This was why attachments were forbidden.

The guard near Qui-Gon backhanded the young man. "Quiet!"

Jocasta kept her eyes toward him as she poured her support and affection through the Force. He could feel it and allowed it to swirl through him. But instead of helping?it hurt. His breath caught in his chest and sweat began to bead upon his skin.

Turning back to Nalistar, Dooku finally spoke. "For your sick entertainment?" His voice was surprisingly strong and he thanked his added strength from the meditation.

Qui-Gon groaned as he was backhanded roughly, wincing as half-healed cuts on his face were reopened.

"On the contrary this isn't for my entertainment. You just need a nice lesson taught to you that you haven't learned yet. Besides, hurting people has become a hobby of mine once more since I've been out of prison."

The guard chuckled as he saw the fresh blood on the young man's face. "Oops..."

Jocasta felt sorry for the apprentice, if anything she wished that both the young ones would have never been allowed on this mission. But Qui-Gon was sent earlier on, and alone. I bet the Council never foresaw this... She thought as she listened to the talking. She was appalled at how the man was go

24. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    What an awful choice for Dooku. [face_worried]:(

Poor guys. I'm almost ready for Dooku to just let loose on them, except that I know what that would cost.

I'm worried about Jo.

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Gah, that breaking was bone-chilling and I was ready to follow Dooku's lead!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.