main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Decisions of Darkness ( Pre JA Qui/Dooku)~~~ Updated 12/1~~~~ NOW COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    "Well well, Yan. Did you enjoy your meditation session?" Nalistar smirked. "I hope so because you're going to need whatever control you managed to gain."

Oh yeah. I'm starting to believe that Nalistar knows exactly what he's doing here - makes you wonder if someone put him up to this [face_mischief]

I bet the Council never foresaw this... She thought

On the contrary, I'm positive the Council did foresee this and purposefully used this as a trial for both the Master and the Apprentice in all their infinite wisdom :rolleyes:

I can only hope that within the next 24 hours that another solution presents itself before a decision needs to be made because Dooku is on the verge of breaking. And I foresee a dark Force storm with the power of a thermal detonator :eek:

Yikes! ;)
    Rogue

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    How do I keep getting behind on this one? ARGH!

Okay, I won't comment on specifics until I get caught up, but =D=

3. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Looks like Dooku found a weakness in Nalistar :D

What an awful, cruel choice, and you know he is just goading Dooku to the darkness. I am so glad he has Qui. I think that is the only thing keeping him sane right now. Once again, I'm on the edge of my seat reading this you two. You are both evil! ;) And you've got me hooked.

I hope Dooku can hang in there, he could lose everything :_|

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Master_Noi You know Nalistar has a point don't you? Jedi aren't supposed to have attachments -- but of course he does :p And why on earth would you be worried? [face_devil] Thanks for sticking with us this long!

DarthIshtar Mwahahahhaha!! Hang on to your hat ;)

Rogue Nope Nalistar's doing this all on his own -- he wants his revenge see ;) As for the Council -- you're quite correct, they did forsee something to this effect and sent them anyway ... how typical eh? They want to know just where Dooku's loyalties lie and if he is truly recovered. Really why do you forsee that? [face_whistling] Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR Darth Real Life is such a nasty sith isn't he? ;) If you like I can pm you when I have updates if you would rather :p Thanks for reading!

tangled_sphere Nalistar is human too you know -- human's have weakness ... even Nalistar ;) As for being evil ... hang on to your seat or you might lose it :p Thanks for reading!

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    You said Mwahaha? ::Rolls eyes.::

6. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Since it's been so long since we last updated, here is an extra long extra evil post :D Enjoy!

The guard on Dooku pulled on the Master's hair once more. The tall Jedi could not keep his legs under him and he was unable to support his weight.

"Blast it!" The man then cursed in Huttese and nailed the Master in the back once more with his knee. "Walk!"

The kick was not expected as no warning came through the Force for the Jedi this time. Dooku was flung forward and the only thing that saved him from crashing into the ground was his hair wrapped around the man's wrist.

Dooku cried out in pain as his hair was nearly ripped from his scalp.

The guard cursed once more and began to drag the man by the hair. Dooku stumbled along, looking once more like a drunkard.

Qui-Gon watched helplessly as Dooku was dragged along while he was being carried in the arms of the guards. Finally they made it back to their cell and Qui-Gon groaned as they threw him down. "Tahl? Are you alright?"

A cry erupted from the young woman as her friend was unceremoniously thrown. "Oh Qui-Gon! What has happened?" Tears began to stream down her cheeks, as she caressed his bloodied face and put his head in her lap. "Master would tell me nothing...she said...what is going on? I can't reach her! And the shielding isn't...isn't like normal." She cried as she clung to Qui-Gon tightly, her control slipping.

Qui-Gon put his arms around her and groaned. "Tahl. My back is broken. I can't move my legs. Dooku has 24 hours to choose between your Master and me. He has to pick or both of us will die."

The sob caught in her throat as she choked. She couldn't breathe and shook her head with disbelief. "Oh Qui..." She gently kissed his bloodied lips. "How could he...how could anybody be so cruel." The tears continually to spill down her face as another sob left her.

"Choose between..." She hiccuped a little. "You or my Master? 24 hours?" She buried her head on his chest and cried hard. She had tried to stay strong but this was too much. "We are not getting out of here are we?" Her voice was near hysterical levels and her green-golden eyes flashed with panic. But at the last second she closed them and tried to regain her center.

"Tahl," Qui-Gon's voice was iron. "You can't panic and collapse now. Be strong. Please." his own voice cracked slightly. "Have faith in the Force, Tahl. Things will work out."

She took several more deep breaths as she nodded her head slowly. "I know...I'm sorry. I am so worried about my Master now. You're back, but she...I can't sense her Qui. Nothing, it's like a void. Is she...Is she dead?" Her eyes widened in fear and then harden as she turned and looked down at him. A slight tinge of anger overrode the fear. "You aren't keeping anything from me?" She then shook her head. "Of course you wouldn't...forgive me my love. I'm just concerned. I am sure that if...that if she did passed I would have felt something." She lowered her head in shame at accusing her friend.

Qui-Gon flinched as if she had slapped him. "No. She's not. She probably has a force collar on most likely like what I wore."

Tahl sighed and caressed his face. "I'm sorry...please forgive me from doubting you. I wasn't sure if you were trying to keep it from me...my Master has a bad habit of shielding me from things. She keeps forgetting I am not a child any longer. Perhaps that is the way of Masters..." She eyed him with a pleading look. "I am sorry love...I just thought you were shielding me..."

Qui-Gon smiled sadly. "I wish I had been. It would have been less painful than a collar." he put his hand to his neck that was raw from where he'd had it for so long.

"I do love you...I was so worried, I was fretting like an old lady." She tried to joke. "I had no clue what was going on..." She leaned down to kiss him gently once more.

He kissed back her relishing the feel of her lips soothing his dry, cracked ones from where the tape had been.

When the two broke, she sighed with relief. "Guess I need to help you into another healing trance

7. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Perhaps that is the way of Masters... I really liked that line. It makes me wonder why in an Order for attachment is forbidden, they allow the near-parent-child relationship that a master and apprentice have.

"Shall we?" He said huskily as he chuckled. Nalistar really has a deathwish doesn't he?

I really am interested in how you are going to get everyone out of this mess. [face_thinking]

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ugh, I'm going to the dark side, too!

9. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Tahl and Qui are so sweet together even in the toughest of times. They really made me smile. [face_love]

I think I would turn to the darkside if I saw what was happening to Jo :_| Nalistar is so evil :_| And he is not going to survive this, I just have a feeling. And he just pushes and pushes and pushes...and he just wants to completely push Dooku over the edge. I think he is succeeding :_|

So much emotions, and I can't wait to see how this turns out [chews_on_fingernails) [face_worried]

10. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Hi Layren, when was the last time I posted a review? :confused:. I finally caught up due to Cold-Hearted Teachers! :mad: But anyway, Qui-Gon & Tahl are so good togeter. [face_love] How much torture can they take? :_|

11. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Master_Noi Does make you wonder doesn't it? As for how we're going to get them out.. stay tuned and find out ;) cause I'm not telling [face_whistling]

DarthIshtar LOL The 24 hours isn't even up and you're going already? [face_devil]

tangled_sphere I'm glad you enjoyed that bit. I love writing Qui-Gon and Tahl. I think they're so cute together. Well Nalistar keeps pushing Dooku.. so we'll just have to wait and see what decisions he makes.. thanks for sticking with us!! :)

LilQui-Gon Hey!! I wondered where you've been lately, thanks for posting!! I understand about Darth Real Life -- it happens to the best of us. Thanks for sticking with the fic! As for how much torture .. well just have to wait and see ;)

12. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Several hours later Qui-Gon's eyes fluttered open as he came out of his healing trance. He tried to wiggle his toes, but nothing happened. Deeply worried, he leaned back against the wall disappointment showing on his face. He had hoped that the healing trance would have been able to repair some of the damage to his spine.

He furrowed his brows wondering what would happen to him now. What if he could never walk, never run, or fight again? Despair threatened to engulf him. Better to be dead than crippled and a burden to those he loved, he thought to himself.

He touched Tahl's arm softly. He hated to wake her but he needed company. "Tahl?"

Tahl snuggled closer to the young man's warmth. Night had fallen outside, causing the temperature to drop. She shivered and slowly opened her eyes. "Hmmm? You should still be sleeping." She had been using his chest as a pillow, moving her head a little she looked up in to his face. "What's wrong?"

Noises could be heard from outside their door. Nothing could be seen on the other side of the bars.

"I still can't feel anything in my legs," he said sounding worried. "I had hoped that with a trance I might be able to repair some of the damage."

He put an arm around her as she snuggled closer. "It is rather cold in here isn't it?"

She sighed, "I had thought that the trance might help...I'm sorry Qui. It is chilly, it must be night again." She then looked back towards the noises and stiffened. "I won't let them take you again, I swear on the Force." Her voice hardened as she promised him.

He stroked her face tenderly. "You might not have a choice, my dearest," he reminded her.

"I think it most likely is night," he said. He looked up hearing the door to their hovel creak open and his muscles tensed.

Tahl sprung to her feet and stood protectively by Qui-Gon. She would not allow them to take him. Rising her chin, she moved her feet just a little placing them in one of the many defensive kata stances.

"Have a care, girlie. I'm not gonna be taking your lover. Just bringing grub. Boss man doesn't want him to die yet. Gotta last a lil bit longer. So think he'll choose you, boy? I think he's gonna choose the woman. I know I would. What better to have than a girlie. Can always make more slaves that way." The dark skinned guard chuckled as he brought in a hover disk. It was round and about two feet in diameter. The scents of bread, some type of meat, and vegetables could be smelled.

The guard pushed the levitating disk toward Tahl. Watching the man carefully, she ignored the comments even though dread filled her at the mentioning of her Master.

"Eat up boy; probably be the last meal you'll ever have!" Laughing some more, the guard left and closed the cell door after him. The clang of the lock echoed in the small room.

Tahl relaxed a little and brought the large covered dish down to Qui-Gon?s level.

Qui-Gon lifted the cover off the dish and saw that indeed a very large meal had been prepared for the two of them. His mouth watered at the sight of the appetizing food. He was starving. He wondered idly why he had such a nice dinner this time instead of ration bars, but he wasn't going to complain. He loaded a plate for Tahl and one for himself. A pitcher of tea had also been on the tray and he poured two glasses.

"Not the best place for a picnic," he said cheekily, "but it'll have to do."

Qui-Gon dived into his food and hungrily ate.

Tahl smiled weakly as she helped Qui-Gon when he needed it. Sipping on her tea, her stomach rolled at the notion of eating. Seeing that Qui-Gon quickly finished his, she gave her section to him. "Eat it; you need it more than I do. I...I don't think I can eat right now." The guard's reminder of their dilemma ate at her, and when she reached out for her Master she was again met with the barrier.

Qui-Gon looked at her plate of food eagerly but shook his head. "No. Tahl I know you're not hungry but you need to keep your strength up, love. I won't have you fainting from lack of food."

She shook her head. "No, I've only

13. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Two thoughts crossed her mind: 1. It could have been worse, and 2. It could have been Tahl. :( Poor thing. It's sweet that she thought of Tahl.

I don't know how much more Dooku can take, and he hasn't even found out about Jo yet.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Dannnnnnnnnnnnnnng...Yeah, it could have been Tahl, but it was Jo anyway and that's really bad.

15. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    I'm impressed with Jo that she has faith that the Force will help them through this and an answer will come even after all the torture she has been through. [face_worried]

And Dooku is struggling with faith too, that interaction was really well written you two. And Qui-Gon and Tahl once again, they are so wonderful together in the midst of all this suffering.

I have to keep faith in the Force as well, something is going to snap soon, I can just feel it.

16. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    Wow! Things have really gone from bad to worse here and I just don't see any way out of this mess that will leave everyone's sanity intact :_|

17. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Sombody has got to let Qui-Gon, Tahl, & Jo out or I'll hang myself! [face_worried] ( They can keep Dooku.) :p

18. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    :eek::eek::eek:

You did not just do that to Jocasta!

:eek::eek::eek:

:_|:_|:_|:_|

Poor Jo! *sniffs*

And yeah, someone had better get those 4 out of there pretty darn soon....

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    NO! I like Dooku! He has such a cool lightsaber!

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Layren, I"m begging now!

21. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    I don't have time for indivual replies right now. Life sure has gotten hectic. But here is the next post -- sorry it's been so long, please forgive us!

Qui-Gon was dozing, one arm wrapped around Tahl when the door to their cell opened and his muscles tensed. The 24 hours wasn't up yet, what in the Force was going on? //Master?// he sent.

Tahl heard the door opening and was startled awake. Her eyes widened as she too, realized that the time had not come yet. Had it?

Standing up, she positioned herself next to Qui-Gon preparing herself to defend her friend.

Dooku was in the middle of meditating when Qui-Gon called out to him. Scowling, he answered. //What is it Padawan?//

//They're taking me and time isn't up yet.// he sent panicked.

The Master's eyes shot open as he turned his head to see the vidscreen. He could see that the girl had placed herself between his Padawan and the two guards. He felt the young man's rising fear. //Calm Padawan...remember your breathing. Play along Qui, remember Master Yoda's old advice. Play along.//

The guards opened the door, and grinned at Tahl as they saw her stance. "Are we gonna play this game again girlie? Hey I'm game. Bossman got to have some fun last night, why can't we?" The dark skinned guard chuckled, he was the same one that brought them the food earlier.

"Nel, Boss says we can't do 'that' with any of'em. And you know what he'll do to us if we do!"

"Ohhh all right. You're no fun." Walking pass Tahl, he brought out the collar.

Tahl immediately launched herself at the guard.

Qui-Gon's blood ran cold as he thought about what the guard said and what he wanted to do to Tahl. He reached out with the Force, helping Tahl in the only way he could.

Tahl was mortified at the inclination of the man's words. So that's what happened to my Master?!

She went low, going for the man's waist and felt Qui-Gon's added strength.

//Padawan! Tell her off!// Dooku was taken aback by the girl's action. He hated the fact that the vidscreen did not have audio so he had no idea what the guard had said, but whatever it was it had upset Tahl.

The guard sidestepped the flying Jedi and moved toward Qui-Gon. The other guard intervened and began to wrestle with the young woman.

Tahl was a blur as she scored a few punches and kicks, but the short stout guard was as equally fast. The man appeared a Master of brawling. Even with the Force helping Tahl, the man was able to score a few hits of his own.

"Hehehe there's some entertainment for you, slave." The man leaned down to put the collar on. "I'd advise you to cooperate or I'll have him hurt her severely. Boss said we couldn't 'play' but he didn't say we couldn't 'hurt'." The guard laughed.

Qui-Gon growled deep in his throat, making his displeasure known. "Tahl, stop! You're not helping! That won't help her if you get hurt!"

//Blast it, Master what do you think I'm trying to do!!//

The girl received another hit, this time in the stomach and it flung her across the room. Her body rammed against the far wall hard, and the smack was quite audible.

Tahl's breath left her at the kick, but before she could call upon the Force to slow her movement, she connected with the wall with an 'hmf'. The room seemed to spin around and darkness claimed her as she slipped ungracefully to the floor.

"Oh well, had a lil fun at least. Got him leashed yet?" The stout guard sounded disappointed.

//Padawan, mind your tongue! What is going on? Are they saying why they are there? This vidscreen does not have audio.// Dooku was frustrated. The young woman could have caused more trouble for his Padawan and this grated on his nerves.

"Tahl!" Qui-Gon shouted even as he tried to stand and go to her without success. //Sithspit Master now isn't a time for a reprimand about my language!//

Dooku's nostrils flared as Qui-Gon told him off. Gritting his teeth he sent back through the bond forcibly, //Qui-Gon Jinn you will tell me what they were talking about.// The Master's voice was even and low.

The gu

22. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    Of course you're forgiven :D ;)

So is the time really up or is Nalistar trying to shake everyone up again to prove that he really is the one holding all the cards here?

And poor Tahl :( Trying to defend her friend and her Master's honor.

Then it hit him. He had killed someone close to Nalistar. But why had he not remembered? "The Dark Side clouds everything...? The words of his Master came back to him. The Dark Side... even back then? Confusion mixed with the turmoil of his other emotions.

Hopefully this is a key to help Dooku rein in the dark side - because that is about the only thing that (IMHO) will save them now :eek:

Poor Qui-Gon, there seems to be no end to his suffering :( [face_mischief]

Rogue

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    With a post that good, yes, we forgive you.

24. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Sorry life is so hectic right now. I am just playing catch up myself. ;)

Hmmm, I wish Tahl hadn't found out. That has to be painful for her and now she's alone to stew about it.

My first thought was that it's probably good Qui couldn't tell Dooku what happened as that wouldn't help his anger. But, if he finds out from Nalistar, that will probably be a whole lot worse.

Like I've said before, I have to give Dooku some credit for hanging in there like he has and trying to think things through.

25. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    So sorry about the lack of updates everyone. Life has been very busy for me with the opening of ROTS. Since we haven't updated in so long here is an extra long post for you to enjoy!!

Several days earlier on Coruscant

Master Rhy'ul rubbed his face wearily. He had been up for over 12 hours and it appeared that he would be up even longer. The message that he received from the newly appointed Queen of Pieznar had not been good.

Looking at his fellow Councilors, he awaited for their response. Several were not pleased that Master Dooku and Master Nu had not reported in, and now they knew why. They had literally vanished from the planet it appeared.

Hearing the oldest member of the Council stirring besides him, the dark skinned Jedi turned to look at the little Master.

"This could mean several things. Either our worst fears have happened or they too have been captured by this rebel band that tried to assassinate the Queen." He was not pleased about mentioning the first possibility. Master Dooku had been showing progress and even the slightest chance that he had fallen to the Dark Side sent a cold chill through him.

Yoda looked troubled as he listened to the information being presented. He was deeply concerned about his old Padawan. He knew that the younger Master had been making progress, but if harm came to young Jinn, then he wasn't certain how well the man would be able to hold up. "Go at once we should to retrieve them. If indeed captured are four Jedi, assistance needed will be to rescue them."

He paused for a few moments. "Go I will to see about them. Travel with me, who will?"

Several Councilors began to whisper among themselves and a few others started to object to the older Master's insistence of going.

The dark skinned Master raised his hand to stop the objections. "Master Yoda is correct, because of the possibility of Dooku's falling he is the right one to go lest we forget he was the man's Master at one time. He is also correct about the rescuing if it comes to that. Four, four members of the Order are now missing in action. We have no choice but to look into these matters." Master Rhy'ul turned once more to the diminutive Councilor.

"I will accompany you. The two of us will talk with Queen Elelanyia and have her security aid us in tracking down our lost companions."

A couple Councilors shook their heads, but knew better than to argue against the two senior members.

Yoda harumphed at the arguing. "Missing my old Padawan is, my right it is to go retrieve him. Leave we will immediately. Without us you can work for a few days. Keep in close contact, we will, reporting in every 8 hours.?

Master Rhy'ul nodded as he glanced at the other Councilors. "Right, you will continue on with the meetings and other appointments. We will return as soon as we find the four." The dark skinned warrior repressed a sigh. He was bone tired, but drew upon the Force to re-energize himself.

The other members finally agreed, several even going out of their way to give the standard 'May the Force be with you' saying.

Looking back down to Yoda, he smiled wearily. "Guess we need to pack and get the first available ship out of here. And a fast one at that..."

Yoda smiled serenely as he hobbled out the door with Rhy'ul. "Taken care of that already I have. Our own ship we will take. Good med bunk it has. Needed one will be."

The taller Jedi nodded. "Well let us hope nothing terribly has gone wrong...but the tugging in the Force that I had when Dooku was covering his crimes...it is back." The man looked down at the old Master, sadness and concern filtered through the Force. He was hoping against hope itself that the aristocratic Master had not fallen to the Dark Side.

"Once we leave Coruscant I will notify Queen Elelanyia that we are on our way."

Yoda furrowed his brows. "Know this I do. Worried for my old Padawan I am. Glad I am that going with me you are. Perhaps help him we can. Fear I do for young Padawan Jinn. Missing for several weeks now he has been. Alright I hope he wil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.