main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Decisions of Darkness ( Pre JA Qui/Dooku)~~~ Updated 12/1~~~~ NOW COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Heehee, oh, the suspense. Good bad dooku!

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yep yep! All in his glory too! [face_mischief] Yay! [face_love]

3. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    Excellent story!!! I especially love how even Nalistar and his men could feel the Dark Side radiating off of Dooku affecting the atmosphere of the room.

4. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Okay, a little late on the rescue for Yoda.

I knew Dooku would have to hit the breaking point sooner or later. I only wonder what is going to happen when his master finds him and how far he will go now.

I am assuming the alarm means that the rescue has begun.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Waves at Layren...hi! we're still here!

6. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Hey Kynstar...I finally found the stories. I love your stuff. Keep up the good work.

7. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    DarthIshtar
    Yep Dooku has allowed the Dark Side to reign over him. [face_mischief]

SHADOW_MASTER_W
    Thanks! Well I always figured and Layren thought it would be a nifty twist as well, for one to feel the Darkness. For we all hear about 'basking in the warmth of the Light' well why not have folks be able to feel the cold of the Dark Side?

Glad you are enjoying it! Thanks for reading!

Master_Noi
    Yep...juz a hair shy ;) Shall we see what happens next?

Yoda will not be pleased...that's for sure!

And Yes your assumption was correct - the calvary has arrived!

DarthIshtar
    She has been pretty busy and unfortunately I have as well. I've been trying to contend to an unruly 9 yr old who juz got suspended AGAIN today for the 3rd time w/in 4 weeks. He only had 3 days left of school and he pulls this crap. *sigh* Ug I'm not gonna go there [face_laugh]

Hopefully you'll like this next bit...my poor Dooku! :_| I know ;) I'm silly mooning after him aren't I? ;)

jeepgirls30
    Hey there my fellow ArkanSith Galactic Renegade! Glad to see you swing in! Enjoying the tales, eh? [face_blush] Glad to hear you are! Next chapter is coming up :) So hope it goes well with you. You'll be able to see my baby all evilish..well sorta [face_laugh]

Thanks again for all your support in sticking with us. And we apologize for the delay. (We should also be having an update for Shroud in the The Saga board soon as well)

8. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Jocasta watched in total horror as her friend embraced the Dark Side and ran after Nalistar. Oh Yan...no...no. Tears began to flow down her cheeks as her sobs were muffled by the dirty rag.

Qui-Gon looked helplessly after his teacher as he began chasing after his enemy. He let out a frustrated sigh. "Everything I've worked for now is lost."

The doors that they had been led through burst open and Master Rhy'ul immediately raced to the two bound Jedi and began to free them. Planety security followed him in as they began to take up positions inside the compound.

Nalistar's few guards freaked and fired several shots at the security enforcement, but were easily overrun.

Qui-Gon gasped as his collar was torn off and he tried with all his might to force his legs to obey him so he could stand, but it was no use.

"Steady Padawan...we have everything under control. Easy now."

Master Rhy'ul undid the electrocuffs from the young man and then turned to Jocasta. Seeing the woman's distress, he focused on the Force and felt the Dark Side's taint in the room. Dread filled him and the cold that he felt was not due to the room's chill air but at the fear of what had gone down.

Qui-Gon reached out with the Force to Dooku now that he could. //Master stop!!//

Yoda's gaze darkened as he felt the chill in the air as he followed several remaining security into the room. He paused a moment to focus upon the Force. Feeling outward he felt the taint and his eyes shot wide open, ears flying upward, he then took off in the direction his old Padawan learner had gone. He knew fully well that someone would have to stop him.

Qui-Gon's calling through the bond went through with ease, but on the Master's end it seemed to give the apprentice a sensation of an oily and cold feeling. //I am glad you have been freed. I figured they would come eventually...// Slight humor echoed in his words. The connection that Qui-Gon received was the strongest yet since the two had talked since the Padawan?s imprisonment.

Dooku sighed with relief at the knowledge that his Padawan and his friend were now freed. They will free Tahl soon as well. Now to end this once and for all.

"You can't run forever! I will fulfill my promise, Nalistar!" His voice was harsh and commanding as he raced after the man. He had seen his lightsaber on Nalistar?s belt. As soon as he engaged the blond man he would take it from him.

//Master please -- everything we've worked for will be ruined if you do this. Don't give in, Master..//

//*Cold laughter* Give in to what Qui? Something that should have happened years ago maybe? This man...this beast has mutilated you and ....// Dooku could not say what Nalistar had done to Jocasta, but Qui-Gon picked up the sensation of concern toward the female Master and then it was overwhelmed by a searing of hate. //He...Will...Pay!//

//Master no!! Yes he hurt me, but I would rather die than you turn over this!! Please listen to me?//

Dooku round the corner and came across two rather large doors. Using the Force he forced the doors to open, revealing an underground hangar. It wasn't very large, but it was big enough to house a small cruiser.

"You can't hide! You will pay for what you have done!" Dooku's voice cried out in rage.

//Padawan...please help yourself and...*slight anguish pause* help Jo...get out of here.//

//I can't, Master. I can't walk. I need you.//

?Found me have you Dooku?" Nalistar said with a sneer. "Go ahead. Kill me. Your old Master will be here in minutes and then you will be arrested. I will go to my grave knowing I have achieved what I set out to accomplish."

Dooku's face flushed as he breathed heavily to catch his wind. He was still weakened from the earlier brushes of the Dark Side and it was showing. But even though he was slightly weak, it did not reflect other than the Master's breathing. The Dark Side was currently feeding him all the energy he required.

Reaching out with one hand, a sinister smirk crossed the tall Jedi's face. "I believe that belongs to me."

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Whoa...I don't think I've been slack-jawed like that on the beforethesaga board in a while. That was fantastic! I loved Yoda taking a stand against Dooku, not for Nalistar, but for Dooku's soul. It's so what Yoda would do!

10. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    OMG! :eek: That was close, I almost fell out of my chair. Please tell me there is more. [-o|

11. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Wow, what a stand-off. Dooku is very fortunate to have people who care about him so much.

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    DarthIshtar Glad we could make your jaw drop! I am glad you think Yoda was in character :D He's the hardest for me to write :) THanks for reading!

LilQui-Gon Thanks for delurking! I'm glad we shocked you :D Of course there is more!

Master_Noi Yes he is, without them he would have been lost much much earlier :D

Everyone

Today marks the beginning of Lurker Appreciation Week!!

[:D] Today is Hug A Lurker Day! Kynstar and I are very happy to have such wonderful readers. We appreciate everyone who posts and we especially appreciate those who read but don't have the time or opportunity to post. Today however is a special day :D Let us know you're there!

To entice you there is milk and cookies, a new update and a lovely button of Kyran and Qui-Gon especially created by rhonderoo

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/layren.jpg]

13. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    The kneeling Master slowly opened his eyes and blinked several times clearing the blurring.

Running could be heard coming up from behind Master Rhy'ul and he turned preparing to levitate Qui-Gon off to the side in order to draw upon his lightsaber. The dark skinned Councilor stopped his actions upon feeling the Force signature of the Archivist and her Padawan.

Jocasta came racing down the corridor in a blur, using the Force to increase her speed. Tahl was only a few feet behind.

Coming to a stop near the Councilor, she huffed to catch her breath as well as Tahl.

Upon seeing Dooku, her eyes widened in fear and she then rushed over to his side. She felt the residual of the Dark Side, but noticed that it was not active any longer. Oh thank the Force! Tears were misting in her eyes as she knelt besides him.

"Oh Yan...I was so worried!" Her voice trembled.

Dooku blinked again as he heard and felt the female Jedi embrace him. His heart rate increased as he caught a little of her scent that remained after the three days being imprisoned. "Jo...?" His voice was hardly recognizable, as it was scratchy and rough.

She helped him get to his feet and assisted him to walk to the Councilor and Qui-Gon.

Tahl was trying to embrace Qui-Gon even with the dark skinned Master holding him. "Qui-Gon you are safe too? Oh thank the Force!" Her eyes had misted too. She had been so terrified. She had felt a stirring in the Force earlier and could not understand what it was, except that it was cold and had reeked of evil.

As Jocasta led Dooku toward the others, Yoda hobbled next to him after retrieving his old Padawan?s lightsaber.

Dooku then noticed that Nalistar wasn't around. He stopped in his tracks causing Jocasta to stumble. She looked up at him with puzzlement. "What is it?"

His throat hurt as he spoke. "Nalistar...where?"

"Fled he did. Matters now it does not. Astonished was he that intervened for him, we did. Felt it I could. Safe you are."

The tall Master snorted, which caused him to cringe in pain. "Safe I am? It is not me that I am worried about...others will be endangered." His voice took on an edge as his raw nerve endings began to flare to life, tingling once more. "He should be hunted down..."

Yoda whacked his knees. "Go we will to the ship. Worry about the future now you will not. Order that is."

"Yan please..." Jocasta added as she tried to pull on the tall man's arm.

Dooku flinched at the hitting of the gimer stick. "All right. But he will be hunted down!" He growled out as he allowed the Archivist to lead him on.

Yoda harumphed. "Take care of him we will. Worry about that you will not, or hit you again, I will."

The wearied Master raised his chin slightly in the recognizable 'Dooku' style of displaying of his stubbornness. "We will see."

Qui-Gon snickered at Yoda's comment.

Yoda's eyed the Padawan. "Heard that I did. Whack you I would if walking you were."

Qui-Gon's eyes twinkled. "Precisely why I knew I was safe."

Yoda harumphed again. "Insolent you all are. Time to go it is."

At that, Master Rhy'ul could not help but chuckle.

Yoda whacked Rhy'ul. "Walking you are. That one for both of you it is."

Jocasta bit her tongue saying or doing nothing but leading Dooku along.

Unfortunately Tahl did not have the same reserve as her Master and giggled when Master Rhy'ul was hit.

Qui-Gon hung on to Master Rhy'ul's neck as the man stumbled slightly and grimaced in pain as he was jostled.

As the Jedi made their way back to the circular room they saw that planetary security had swarmed the place and were exchanging fire with several of the guards who had stayed behind. Qui-Gon felt vulnerable in the middle of a firefight and unable to use his weapon to deflect any stray shots that might come their way.

Dooku's eyes cleared up at the sight and sounds of combat. The smell of smoking ozone and charred corpses filtered into his senses.

The tall Master's head began to look around taking in the scenery. Upon spotting the guard that he had sworn to

14. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    I can't stop! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

15. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Hey!! I'm back!! And wow, the boards have changed a little :eek:

Definitely another great job you two! Plenty of angst and tense moments to keep me on the edge of my seat :D Though I wasn't too sure that things were going to come out all right at the end there - all I can say is Yoda kicks...well you know :p!

Now it's time for everyone to go home and recover from this little excursion, and I have the feeling that's going to take a long time.

Rogue

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    YAY! They're out of there! Poor Yan! Poor Qui-Gon! Not poor Tahl, she got off pretty easy...

17. Nahlia

Nahlia Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    I can't wait until you finish this story. I like the whole series that you've written. I hope you finish it before I go on summer vacation on June 16th.

18. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    You guys realise that you've kept me awake for far too long?
    I was supposed to be sleeping hours ago - but after starting on this, I couldn't stop!

I really loved it.

Poor Qui-Gon, always in pain :_|
    And Dooku really had an inner fight!

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    LilQui-Gon
    LOL! Well glad you are enjoying it! Here's more!

Rogue_JediKnight
    Welcome back!

Yep! The old troll has won the day again! But don't forget Qui ;) he helped out too! :D

Recover yes...and then some.

DarthIshtar
    Yep gotta feel sorry for the home team. All 4 have been thru the ringer that's for sure! Tahl was more psychological - not knowing what was going on.

Nahlia
    I apologize for not getting this done prior to your vacation. There are still several chapters to go I do believe. They're safe but not 'sound'. Reprecussions are still yet to be handled. :( Hopefully you'll be able to catch up sometime during your vacation or afterward when you get a chance. Have fun!! I so miss summer vacations! :p I envy you! ;)

Qui-Gina-Jinn
    Uh oh! We don't mean to keep folks awake! :eek: Though fear not I've done that so many times myself and wonder why I nearly fall asslep the next day at meetings! [face_laugh]

Glad that you are enjoying it so well! :D

Yes...Dooku had it rough and still will. Poor Qui indeed :( with his back and all.

Thanks for reading!!

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Dooku sighed heavily as his strength finally gave out. He began swaying and if it were not for the dark skinned Councilor, he would have fallen over.

Rhy'ul had stepped forward and was about to address the young man's Master, when he saw Dooku start to pass out.

"Easy Dooku, I got you." The Councilor mumbled as he got the man by the arm to help support him.

"I'm fine?just a little tired." Dooku's voice was so hoarse now that it was barely discernable. His muscles felt like water and his vision was blurring.

"To the medical bay with you, we shall go." The old Master stated as he hobbled next to his old Padawan. "Rest you will have." His ears rose slightly as his eyes narrowed daring the weary Jedi to challenge his order.

"Yes Master?" Dooku stated as he nodded shakily. "Rest would be nice." He stumbled as Rhy'ul began to lead him up the ramp.

By the time they entered the ship, the dark skinned Councilor was nearly carrying the taller man's full weight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first two days of travel back to Coruscant was quiet. Both Dooku and Qui-Gon were asleep most of the time; one on a sleep couch in a cabin and the other in the bacta tank.

Master Yoda had been vigilant and had not left his old Padawan?s side throughout the first two days. His concern for Dooku was evident. Nightmares had plagued the younger Master and several times he had actually cried out for his old Mentor. It had torn the small Councilor's heart each time the younger man had cried out. The Darkness was even more noticeable now in what little aura Dooku currently had.

The loss of the Force puzzled the old mentor. He knew what the Dark Side was capable of doing and it had been well over a century since the last time he had seen something similar to this happen. Wrong this was. But fought it he did. Even though he thought that, the Councilor frowned heavily. It had been close, way to close to the old mentor's liking. Qui-Gon's presence had helped tremendously with stopping Dooku's complete falling.

Yoda reached over and pushed some damp strands of the dark hair away from the slumbering man's face. He was taken back by the silver that was evident among the black. At the older Master's touch, Dooku flinched. It nearly broke the diminutive Jedi's heart seeing the grown man recoil. Sending his love and warmth through their old bond, Yoda could sense that Dooku was nearly devoid of the Force. But the man sensed the sensations being sent by his old Master and he visibly relaxed. A small smile played at his lips causing his mustache to twitch.

Rhy'ul on the other hand, had stayed near the Padawan. He was amazed at how the young man had handled himself in the situation of being tortured and bound. How he managed himself when his Master had given in to the Darkness for a short while. He gave in?he actually did. The dark skinned Master shook his head as he sat next to the bacta tank. Despair filled him as the thought of what could possibly have happened rolled through his mind. He was relieved that they did not have to take down Dooku, for he knew that would have had to be done if the man had truly given in. He would not have wanted to be the small Master at that time?having to destroy your own Padawan.

Rhy'ul shuddered and pulled his robe tighter around himself. That was then and this is now. It didn't happen and I should not dwell on the matter. He thought as he sat up straighter and glanced over at the Padawan.

Pink liquid swirled around as Qui-Gon jerked every now and then, obviously being troubled by his own dreams. The ripped flesh on his back was mending nicely and the tech had mentioned that the shoulder and rib were too. But it can't mend psychological wounds. He thought as he stared at the missing braid.

Jocasta had told Tahl that she needed some time to meditate alone and closed herself inside her own cabin.

Tahl could not feel anything on her Master's end of their training bond. She knew that Jocasta had gone through something terrible, but did not know exactly what. Sh

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww, that was so bitter/sweet.

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Glad ya liked it Ish! :) We figured a lil mush could be of some use after all that tense moments on the last post.

23. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Just catching up! :)

Such a struggle with the darkness! And his temptations were excruciating. I'm so glad the 'old troll' came through for him [face_love] Who else could keep him from falling completely?

Definitely exciting posts you two! There is going to be lots of mending after all that has transpired.

24. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    What a wonderful chapter! :D

Poor everybody!
    Glad Yoda got Dooku to eat :)
    And loved the part of Dooku carrying Qui-Gon around - poor thing, can't be fun not being able to move around by yourself.
    I really do hope that back of his gets better soon...

Can't wait for more...

25. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    But it can't mend psychological wounds.

Oh how true a statement this is :( and I'm afraid they all have a very, very long road ahead of them :_|

PS: Wow! They changed stuff on the reply section again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.