main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Deckplans

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Saint_of_Killers, Aug 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm not sure if this should go here or in RPG, since most maps of the interiors of ships are made for RPG use. But I'm not looking to use them for that, I mainly just want to be better able to visualise things.

I've recently developed an interest in the interior workings and design of ships in Star Wars.

So far, I've found deckplans for the Corellian Corvette(very good to know when reading Wraith Squadron, although I'm not sure if this particular map is from a canon source), a Lambda shuttle, and a stock YT-1300. The interiors of several other ships can be extrapolated from the cutaways in Incredible Cross-sections. There are also some in Gamer number 4.

Here's the Corvette map:

[image=http://www.starwars-rpg.net/toris/Corellian%20Corvette.gif]

Are there any more out there?

2. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    A lot of the WEG stuff had deckplans of various ships. If you want the ULTIMATE deckplans for a Nebulon-B Frigate (like the "medical frigate" at the Battle of Endor in RotJ), seek out the WEG supplement "The Far Orbit Project". it's VERY cool, and covers nearly every deck on the ship.
    "Stock Ships" has deckplans for like.. 12 different smuggling vessels/freighters, and it's pretty cool, too.
    The DarkStryder Campaign boxed set also has deckplans for a severely modified Corellian Corvette.

Edit - of course, the "Incredible Cross-Sections" books also have deckplans (of sorts) for most of the major ships in the movies.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Yes, WEG sources published many different deckplans.
    //flips thru Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
    That Corellian Corvette deckplans you posted above are different from the one depicted here but, well, the Corvette is supposed to be a very modular ship.

4. Saint_of_Killers

Feb 18, 2001
    Damn WEG for going bankrupt. Theo nly WEG books I've managed to get ahold of are the main rulebook, Death Star Technical Companion, and Galaxy Guide 8 :(

Any chance we could get some scans?

5. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Saint,
    Have you checked out what IMO is the best Star Wars starship deckplan source around, the simply-titled yet aptly-named Star Wars Deckplans by the unbelieveably talented, Frank Bonura.

Check it. You'll be amazed.

It was set up for his own personal WEG SWRPG material. For whatever reason, WEG managed to somehow be responsible for creating the best SW stuff, even the fan stuff.

6. Saint_of_Killers

Feb 18, 2001
    That's a nice site. Not official though. Anybody know a good place to buy the oldk WEG books?

7. --Corran_Horn--

--Corran_Horn-- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    I've found a number of them in used book stores/comic book stores. It seems that the clerks don't neccesarily know where to put them, so if it's a bigger store, you might have to check in the sci-fi, entertainement and other areas to find them.

8. Saint_of_Killers

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah, I found GG8 and the DSTC in the back of a little comic book store. That's all I've found though :(

9. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Anybody know a good place to buy the oldk WEG books?

Heh heh... good luck. ;)
    I've been raiding the local used-bookstore all the time to try and get WEG stuff whenever they get anything in (just bought the "Player's Guide to Tapani" yesterday, as a matter of fact - now I've got some 40 or so WEG sourcebooks and supplements.. outof about 141 individual sources :)).

10. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Be sure to check out the Dungeon Magazine thread some interesting info on YT-1300 deckplans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.