main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Decoded?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by whateveritis12, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Any news on if they canceled doing the rest of the episodes in Season 1 with the pop-ups? In case anyone didn't know they didn't have an episode of Star Wars on last night. It's just something I'm wondering about. Maybe they moved it to Saturday.

2. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Yeah, it wasn't on last night. And it is not on next Friday either. But the Decoded Episode for Cloak Of Darkness is up on SW.com, so maybe they are just showing them on SW.com from now on. I'm disappointed... But the Cloak Of Darkness Decoded episode was very informative. The boarding ships the Seps use are Droch-class boarding ships.

And beginning Monday at 6:00 (I think) Star Wars Saga is on Spike again!!!

3. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    When I saw "Did you know Anakin and Padmé are secretly married?" I stopped watching the decoded episodes. I had no idea...

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Well, if TCW's target audience is boys 6-12, or whatever, there's a good chance that TCW might be the first exposure to the SW saga that some kids are receiving.

5. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    The decoded isn't done, as far as I know they plan on finishing season 1. I heard this a few weeks ago, so I don't know what's changed.

6. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Which explains why we haven't seen Anakin doing anything remotely borderline-darksidey yet.

7. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    Maybe the fact that Cartoon Network wants to hype up their silly live-action reality-TV shows for kids? :rolleyes:

8. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I wanted to watch this show but they decided to cut corners on the presentation so I decided to wait for the Blu-ray, assuming it will have it as a bonus feature. I can't for the life of me understand why they decided to show their repeats and Decoded in standard definition. Watching it in HD spoiled me. But this is Star Wars, presentation matters. It especially matters if I am going to re-watch a show I've already seen before. It's too bad.

9. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    I remember when it was Cartoon Network. Early on, this meant recycling a lot of 60s, 70s, and 80s cartoons. Now even 90s cartoons are on Boomerang.

10. ObiWanJedi93

Aug 29, 2008
    Exactly. Those "reality TV shows" are so fake... The Teen Ghost Hunters looks total bs. I don't even watch CartoonNetwork except when The Clone Wars is on. All the shows (except TCW) on CN suck.

11. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Actually, in recent years, Cartoon Network has been providing quality shows, and the writing as a whole has gotten better even if original and brilliant shows are still hard to come by these days. For example...

-Justice League and JLU, Batman, The Batman, Static Shock, Teen Titans (whatever you feel about any of those, they've got great writing and action :p )
    -The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
    -Codename Kids Next Door (well, it's old and done comparatively speaking, but it's still awesome)
    -Ben 10 and its sequel Alien Force

That being said, I do agree that few 'reality programs' are interesting these days, and that these days the programming on Cartoon Network, while entertaining, isn't that original and outrageous like the ones I mentioned.
    The likes of Camp Lazlo and Chowder are certainly good fun (Chowder, in particular, I like for some reason XD) and the humour is actually pretty good, but they just don't seem to reach the same wit as Kids Next Door or Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

12. ObiWanJedi93

Aug 29, 2008
    I don't like superhero stuff. And the Billy and Mandy, Kid's Next Codename Door (or whatever) are shows I can't stand. I only like Star Wars. :p[face_laugh]

But, to others, like yourself, they are good shows. I really don't watch TV unless Star Wars saga is on Spike (like this whole week), and when TCW is on.

13. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    I liked Cartoon Network a long time ago when they showed old cartoons like Looney Toons, and Scooby Doo. I don't think they do old shows like that anymore, and I don't like any of the original Cartoon Network stuff except for The Clone Wars.

14. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    I feel the same way. The only thing that's good is TCW, but I did like some of the older Cartoons.

15. Bill-Thompson

Bill-Thompson Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 4, 2008
    Batman: The Brave And The Bold makes this statement erroneous. TCW is a good show, but BTBATB is perfection the likes of which the cartoon superhero world hasn't seen since Batman: The Animated Series and The Tick Vs. were both on at the same time.

As for Decoded, it's pretty informative and neat at times, I do hope it's included as an option on the compete season set whenever that gets released.

16. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Haven't seen much of the new Batman, but I rather liked the Green Lantern episode (Note: James Arnold Taylor voiced Guy Gardner, who as most DC fans would conclude, is pretty much the anti-Obi-Wan. Pretty interesting. :p). I like the mix of action, comedy, intentional camp, and good ol' fashioned escapism plots which made comic books famous to start with. Then Watchmen got every two-bit writer thinking 'hey, if I make it serious and real, the audience will love it!', but that's my opinion and I digress. :D

Also, there might be hope for Decoded being an option, but I don't know all the facts. Ben 10 utilised a similar system for select episodes which were called 'pop-ups' (backstories, pointing out easter eggs, counting how many times an alien has appeared, etc.). Does anybody own any Ben 10 DVD material? Could they report on what they did with that particular option? Is it a TV exclusive? It's been around for awhile now, so I imagine they've probably put this matter to rest already.

Aaaand even though it's peaceful now, I'm gonna go ahead and voice my opinion that after the first season's decoded run is over, most of the 'obvious' facts will be dealt with already and we'll be able to get to juicier bits later. :p

17. Bill-Thompson

Jul 4, 2008
    If you liked the animated Tick series at all, you should like BTBATB. Your last point is a problem i have with most comic book adaptations as well as with storytelling in the SW universe. Comics have never been just one thing, they are camp, deadly serious, heroic, anti-heroic, etc., etc.. The Star Wars universe is much the same, I always tire of the argument that "story A" just isn't Star Wars. Star Wars can be camp, it can be deadly serious, but it can also be everything in between. I happen to love comics and Star Wars stories from both ends of the spectrum and everything in between. If only more people could open their minds to the variety offered in both instances the world would be a better place. :)

18. henchman24

henchman24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2008
    BTBATB is exactly what it should be. To expect a show on the cartoon network , even a Batman show, to be Detective Comics is absurd. Its the Teen Titans(which is very well done) version of Batman, and its pretty decent in its own rite. Its not my cup of tea personally, but this is CARTOON NETWORK, not the "lets make animated shows so grown folks can dig it too" network.

Decoded is a great reason to re-watch some of the Clone Wars episodes. Even if some of the info is rediculous, some of it is informative as well. Just having an excuse to give each episode a second run through is great, in that many of the shows are really really good, and worth a detailed viewing even without the pop ups.

19. Bill-Thompson

Jul 4, 2008
    Actually, BTBATB is made with grown ups in mind as well. It's filled with in-jokes and references that will fly over most kids heads, and is full of characters that only most grown-ups remember/want to see.

20. Dark_Jedi_Chris

Dark_Jedi_Chris Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2009
    i personly dislike and feel for it its a lil aanoying bcause i just like watching the shows but i like getting the usful facts to learn bout sw its completly stupid just one thing is though they better not do it during season 2 if they do it after i dont care but serously iak no

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    ...you do realize that content and programming on Cartoon Network is what gave way to Adult Swim, right?

22. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Batman: The Brave and the Bold absolutely SUCKS. Its not a good show. The animation's horrible, the writing is juvenile and a HUGE step down from Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League Unlimited. There are no 'in jokes', there are lame puns and Batman cracking jokes like from the horrible Silver Age comics.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold is a horrible show, has a 5.0 on tv.com, and should be cancelled. Its an insult to the Batman franchise.

23. ChrisMathers

ChrisMathers Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2008
    Okay, so for some reason I don't get the Cartoon Network anymore because my cable provider screwed me. Every other channel, just not CN. So I have to watch Decoded on starwars.com or the CN website. But this Friday's episode wasn't on sw.com. Or cn.com. So where the **** is it?

24. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    The Decoded episode of The Gungan General is online on starwars.com. Personally, I didn't like decoded very much, too much obvious info, good for the kids but not for us hardcore fans.

A few of the things were interesting such as Barriss Offee being on Geonosis, which appears to set up Luminara being captured on the planet in the season 2 trailer. Otherwise, I think decoded was a lost opportunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.