main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Decorative Ushers wanted for "Nekkid and Nerdy" 4/25 at KiMo

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by TK166, Apr 4, 2008.

1. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    I just got this in the email. Is anyone interested? She would be happy with any sci-fi costumes, not just Star Wars.

"My name is Cari and I am the director of Albuquerque's local burlesque company, Burlesque Noir. We are putting up a show on April 25th and the theme is "Nekkid and Nerdy". The show will take place downtown at the KiMo theater. You can see a bit about the company on our myspace page: myspace.com/Burlesque_Noir

I understand that your organization attends events in costume and we would love to have your group come to our show and usher for us. The KiMo requires 8 ushers be available to guide people to safety, keep food and drinks out of the theater, etc. It is an easy job and everybody who helps would be able to see our show for free. Additionally, if you'd like to setup a merchandise or information table, we'd love to have that as well.

Please let me know if anybody in your organization would like to do this for us."

thanks
    Ken

2. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I'm game if anyone else is gonna do it.

3. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I work that day. What is the show about?

4. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    It's basically a strip tease type show. Burlesque style. I might do it in my viking costume or something else like maybe the pirate. I'm not doing armor though. I don't think uncle George would like us doing that. But I kinda like the idea of the viking costume for this one. They said any costumes would do.

5. SithLordAaron

May 21, 2002
    Uncle George has no say. What I do with my costume is my business as long as it isn't a 501st function. Since it's posted here it's not 501st. Richard can be a killjoy all he wants over there. Mos Alba puts the F and U in FUN! I would love to do it as SB, but I don't think I can grow the beard out in a couple of weeks. I'm going to try anyway.

6. SithLordAaron

May 21, 2002
    I got in touch with Cari. She said she will promote us as Mos Alba so the 501st doesn't get into any trouble. Sounds like so far it's Joseph, James and myself. Brian? Sean? Scottie Too Hottie?

7. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
  8. SithLordAaron

May 21, 2002
    I asked Cari if we could get dressed in the building or if we had to dress outside. Here was her response:

YEs! You can totally come use one of the dressing rooms to get into gear. You will just need to come a bit early and be ready at 7:30. You will need to enter the building on the East side, tell the door guy you are from Mos Alba.

You can store your gear either in the dressing room if you don't need it or if its a prop or what not, you may store it behind the merch table area. :)

Anyone else interested in going? I'd like to give her a for sure count by wednesday.

9. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    This is coming up the Friday! They alwasy sneak up on you. I'm still thinking of doing it in some costume. Haven't decided which one yet. Maybe the predator? Although, in a all modesty I think it's more cool than nerdy. What about armor with buckets off?

10. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    I think perhaps I might be down for this. Now, the question is: armor or Lost Dharma Initiative jumpsuit?

11. DARTHLYNN

DARTHLYNN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2005
    Joseph and I will be there. Joseph will be in Armor.

12. SithLordAaron

May 21, 2002
    Hey James, do whatever you want. No rules or regs at this troop. Be yourself and have fun!

13. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    I'll be there tonight! See you guys and gals tonight! Someone bring a camera!

14. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Thanks, guys! Now THAT was fun!
    Does anyone else feel uneasy around flautists now?

15. SithLordAaron

May 21, 2002
    James was pretty uneasy about him. He told him right to his face. The cajones on that guy! He didn't do anything that we haven't done with our guns and/or lightsabers...except he was on stage in front of a crowd.

16. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    I told him it was a creepy performance for me, but mostly because of the song.

17. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i think i need to hear that story.