main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Deep Analysis?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by basiclee, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basiclee

basiclee Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2004
    Althought I watched the films in my younger days, it was not until recently I really became interested in Star Wars, scenes such as the Luke vs Vader duel in ROTJ got me thinking about deeper analysis of the Star Wars films, such as after Luke has cut off Vader's hand, and in turn looks at his own, previously severed hand for a second.

So, I'm sure in the past this message board, as have many others, has seen much in the way of discussion into analysis of small details in scenes, but I would like to know if there is any resource or website which contains a scene by seen analysis of the films, or something similar?

2. Viceroy_Wagar

Viceroy_Wagar Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2004
    You know whats kinda similar to that man, in Attack Of The Clones when Count Dooku cuts off Anikan Skywalker's arm. Look at the look Dooku has on his face after he does it...

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Welcome to the boards, basiclee :) There are indeed many, many threads analysing aspects of the SW films here and they're great. But there has not been a scene by scene analysis of the saga done anywhere to my knowledge. I'm thinking it would be nigh on impossible. To analyse every aspect (within the story, within the filmmaking, etc) of every scene? In relation to every character? It's an interesting but certainly daunting prospect.

I think part of the fun of the film forums discussions is that you never know what random topic someone's going to bring up ;)

I can tell you though that I personally have set out on a kind of crusade about 9 months ago to analyse the whole saga from Obi-Wan's POV. I've taken my analysis of his character arc and everything his character does in the films and am currently trying to write it as a film canon based fanfiction saga. It's a massive undertaking that's required many resources and a lot of time and thinking. And that's just analysing the scenes for one character. Let me tell you, man, it's rewarding and it deepens my appreciation of the saga, but it's also daunting and draining.

-sj loves kevin spacey

4. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    That's fascinating, SoloJones.

Here's one who'll be intrigued to learn what youve discovered at the end of your research.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.