main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Deep Into a Darkness Peering - ROTS AU, Updated 12/19 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Yea! You posted!! You know how much I love this, and I can't wait to read more of it. :D

2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Wow, great idea, VL! The emotions were so clear and well-portrayed. I expect to see many such 'what-if' fics over the next while, but I doubt any will be better. Can't wait for next Tuesday. :)

Shaindl

3. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Oh wow! I am so glad I happened to click on this! What an emotional rollercoaster!

Quite looking forward to more! :)

4. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    This really looks promising. I'll be looking ffd to Tuesdays from now on! :)

5. CapNJaxWench

CapNJaxWench Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Very cool idea for an AU. I can't wait for Tuesdays. :D

6. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    I love the left turn. Looking forward to more!

7. InLoveWithLordVader

InLoveWithLordVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    Just a little uppie!:D

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Oops= almost missed this one

9. callmesweet16

callmesweet16 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Great story, please keep it up!!

10. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    Wow!!!!!!!!! [face_hypnotized] I mean wow!!!!! how do you do it??, every time I found a new story from you... you just manage to surprise me and leave me in shock!!!!.
    This one is amazing!!, how are you going to handle it???, how are things going to progress??
    Please just don't let them be that bad with Ani please!! I just want to go and give him a big hug and kiss!!!, just wow!!!!!!! be well and take care.

11. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    3 months?!

YES!

More of this goodness!

:D :D

Can't wait for more!

-Krystal

12. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    It will be quite interesting to see just what the Jedi know. Mace Windu informed Yoda they were going to confront Palpatine-Sideous, and the gatekeeper knows that Anakin left in pursuit of the four Jedi Master posse, but unless they manage to get Quinlan Vos (or another psychometricist) in then it would be difficult to reconstruct the sequence of events.

I wonder whose voice the Force sounds like, if Anakin (unlike on Tattoine in the Tusken Camp) is letting himself hear Qui-Gon. Glad that Anakin realised that becoming a Sith would kill Padmé?s love, as indeed it almost did in canon. Glad also that the Force reassured Anakin of the fact that saving life is not a trait of the Dark Side.

Liked Padmé?s reaction, especially the calm ?I?m going to be sick? before she was. It was bad enough for her in canon hearing a description of Anakin?s crimes from Obi-Wan, but at least there she had the hope that (for some unknown and strange reason) Obi-Wan was mistaken or lying.

Also liked Padmé?s reaction to Anakin saying he was going to flee into exile, and Anakin?s assumption that when she said they needed him that she meant he should stay rather than that she was willing to give up everything else to follow him. Good job that Padmé is going to go with him, practical reason is that has a ship and she is better organised, emotional reason that she will give him something to focus on rather than brooding.

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Wow...I'm speechless. Awesome start!!

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon I hope you like what? s coming!

Koori His reaction will be interesting!

Arcalian I?ll happily take wow!

LukesTheMan Me? Twists? Naaa [face_shhh]

Aelan_Greenleaf Thank you! And I hope you like the rest just as much.

Gina Well you gave me that first boost of encouragement that I needed, so thank YOU! [:D]

Shaindl I hope so! [face_worried] Now the pressure is on!

mouse2
    And the ride is only going to get bumpier!

leia_naberrie I hope the story will keep your interest. And thanks for reading.

CapNJaxWench Thanks! :D

Phoenix_Reborn I like left turns, they take you all sorts of places you never planned to go.

InLoveWithLordVader Thank you kindly.

PadawanKitara But you didn?t miss it and I?m grateful!

callmesweet16 Thank you! [face_blush]

Erin_21 Well, he?s busy with me right now, but I might be persuaded to share! And thanks for reading.

KrystalBlaze My beta has been working very hard and I have to give the credit to her for having three months of posts ready to go.

_JM_ The outcome may be surprising? (And don?t forget those security holos)

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi You made my day! Thanks!

[b]Chapter 2: The Right Thing[/b]

The days and hours that had come before existed as nothing more than a blur in Anakin?s mind. He had slept only a few hours since the events in the Chancellor?s office, and then only fitfully. His eyes felt like grains of sand were drifting in them and his head was pounding out a rhythm that made his thoughts a jumbled mass of which he could make no sense.

As crowded and noisy at the transport was, Padme seemed to be able to sleep through the chaos with enviable ease. Once she had made the decision to share his exile, she had made arrangements for their disappearance from Coruscant with a startling swiftness.

Taking a cue from their previous clandestine departure, she had purchased tickets on a refugee transport. There were many refugees in the galaxy now. The war had destroyed many, many homes and lives in three years.

Anakin and Padme each carried one bag and nothing more. But Anakin had refused to leave behind Artoo and so the little astromech was chirping away to his golden companion.

For Threepio had gone uncharacteristically stubborn when Padmé had offered to send him back to Naboo and he had stated that he preferred to go along to keep an eye on Artoo. Anakin thought rather it would be the other way around, but he did not argue with the droid. He was glad enough to have another familiar presence.

And where they were going, they would need the extra help.

Eventually, they would head for Tatooine. Though he had vowed never to return, something within him now hungered for the wind swept dunes of his childhood. He had not been happy there, but he had at least been sure of himself. And he needed some measure of certainty.

But Anakin, ever mindful of his dream, had insisted that first they go to a planet with first-rate medical facilities. So now they were going to Alderaan, where they would stay until the baby was born.

Alderaan was perfect because although they both had acquaintances on the planet, they had no close friends there. No one would think to look for the rogue Jedi and the absent senator on Alderaan. At least, that is what they hoped.

He could plan no farther than the birth of their child, for he could not forget Padme?s face in his dreams. He had watched her die struggling to give birth to their baby and even now was not sure he had the strength to stand by helplessly while her life was in jeopardy.

But Padme refused to believe that her life was really in danger. She did not understand the depth of his fear and how close that terror had brought him to the edge of the Dark Side. He had felt his grip on the light loosen, had felt his feet falter and almost slip over into nothingness. And the thought of what might have been still made a cold s

15. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    It's official. VaderLVR64 has Grievous like arms and can write four stories at the one time. I officially open [face_laugh] Bunday8-} , a new day where I have the day off work and sit and catch up with the forty stories written over the weekend by V![face_monkey]

The problem is, they're all good!! STOP!!!!

no don't.

16. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I want a Bunday, too! :D

Before they left Coruscant Anakin had done one last thing. It had been painful and heartbreaking, but necessary. The bond with Obi-Wan was a beacon in the Force, too bright to keep the Master away from the disgraced young Knight.

:_| :_|

I feel so bad for all of them! But at least Anakin did the right thing this time, at least he's not fallen to the dark side. At least he's still on the light side, no matter what happened.

I'm hooked, VLR. I can't wait until next Tuesday!

Happy fourth!

-Krystal

17. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    ...I must have been either blind or asleep to have missed this!

It's great to see A&P leaving all this chaos behind and start a new life. I can't help but already feel sorry for Obi-Wan because surely he immediately noticed when Anakin severed their bond, and like Anakin, he's got enough on his plate already to deal with. I have a strong feeling that within a day of their bond being severed, Obi-Wan will go on the hunt for his former padawan and confront him.

And I can't help but wonder what Sidious is thinking right now...

"...Where the hell did I go wrong?" [face_laugh]

Great story, great post. I await the next one with eagerness! :D

18. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    Well... I still want to hug Anakin, but he's happy with Padme and you right now, so... I'll let it go.. but may I hug Obi-wan??? [face_batting]
    I totally like this new chapter, but poor Obi!! and poor Ani!!, I hope things are going to work out for the best now, if you can keep the chapters coming, and I'm sending a huge [:D] 'cause if she helps you she rocks!!, thanks again!! be well and take care.

19. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes, I feel bad for Obi-Wan's loss as well, but it's very good that Anakin's not following Padme and the exile idea seems like it can work as well... but why does it feel like there must be a catch?

uppies!

jazz

20. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    Well, all this is great, really. It is.

But...

1) Mace is still dead.

2) The Jedi will still come looking for him.

3) Palpatine's death will also have repercussions. I mean, yah, the Dark Lord of the Sith is dead, and that's great. But the "strong leader of the Republic" is also dead, under mysterious circumstances, and that's not so good.

Eagerly awaiting more. I worry about this "horrible truth".[face_worried]

21. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Breaking the bond with Obi-Wan is tragic... but I see why it's necessary.

Perhaps they'll have a few moments to relax as a married couple before the storm hits?

Something wicked this way comes... at least that's what the "Force" is telling me.

Good job! :)

And thank you again for shaping an Anakin that at least tries to use his head! ;)

_PSK_

22. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Whoa! Anakin grew up! At least that is the way I see it. I am anxious to see what this new and matured Anakin will do with the life he has now. =D=

23. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Hum... [face_thinking] I like this story! Can't wait for more!

24. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    ?For the first time, I felt as if the Force was guiding me and not the other way around.?

I think that is a huge step forward for Anakin. [face_thinking]

Now, what will he do with this new connection to the Force? And will Padme die anyway? :(

25. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    *sigh* wonderful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.