main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Deep Into a Darkness Peering - ROTS AU, Updated 12/19 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venus_Star2-com

Venus_Star2-com Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    Loved the A/P interaction and your take on ROTS..i liked the bit when anakin told padmae about the sith and what he had done, and Padmae still stood by him....please post more ASAP

please

rachel

2. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Very interesting left turn there, Vader! [face_mischief]

Now, who are you going to kill? :confused:

Because I know you're just that evil.[face_devil]

3. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oy, what did Obi-Wan do when he felt the bond break? The poor man will be devastated. This chapter was great, VL, for its quiet sadness. I loved Anakin's description of how he's tried to manipulate the Force instead of being manipulated by it. Lovely job! Can't wait for more. :)

Shaindl

4. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Chapter 3 - Horrible truth? o_O ]-} I have a bad feeling about this... Still if the Force suggested them to run away from now- it must be the wise decision!

I really liked Padmé in this post: shows her inner strength, we can see how she stand by Anakin, supports him - like she did in AOTC. Great characterization!

5. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    ?I realized that I had always tried to manipulate the Force according to my desires. Instead, I should have been listening to what the Force had to tell me, and that is where all of my failures originated,? he confessed.

Sounds like Anakin has finally matured. Question is, is it too late? I can't help but wonder how Obi-Wan felt when their bond was severed. That had to be a scary moment for Anakin as well.

Excellent update, as always! :D

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Good Post!

7. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    I'm not sure how I missed this fic, stupid darkside clouds everything I guess. I am curious to see where you take this VaderLVR64, and what is this horrible truth of which you speak??? I have a bad feeling about this (sorry couldn't help myself)

Can't wait for chapter 3!!!!!

8. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    So, uh, could Anakin dump Padme now? [face_whistling]

Just kidding. Or am I?

9. Anakins-girl

Anakins-girl Jedi Master star 2

May 20, 2005
    I feel so bad for Anakin and how he is struggling with himself for what he did. If he were mine I would forgive him in a heartbeat!! [face_love] I think Obi-Wan will find him...just my opinion..LOL! Great story and can't wait to see where it goes!

10. Jedi-Tiger-Lilly

Jedi-Tiger-Lilly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    Most definitely an interesting twist on the ROTS! If only Anakin would have done something like this! :_|

But I'm still a little worried about Padme. [face_worried]

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    cdmcc Nah, I just decided that sleep is a luxury I can't afford!

KrystalBlaze And he'd better stay there or he's going to get such a talking to! :mad:

AP4EVER Obi-Wan will certainly have something to say about it, but I think the Council may have something else for him to do first! [face_whistling]

Erin_21 My beta is truly priceless!

Jazz_Skywalker Well, there's always a catch, now isn't there? Anakin does not escape unscathed.

Arcalian Yeah, lots of things going on! [face_whistling] O:)

PadmeSolo
    Wicked? Me? ;)

AnakinsHeir
    My beta and I know! [face_shhh]

LaYa_ Thank you! I hope you like what's coming!

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Good questions...

DarthIshtar
    Thank you so much! [face_blush]

Venus_Star2-com I'll be posting every Tuesday! Thanks to my amazing beta Alethia!

LukesTheMan Kill? Me? Surely you jest! [face_mischief]

Shaindl I always thought that was one of Anakin's biggest problems, trying to "fix" everything instead of letting things run their course. But that's just me! :D

LadyZ Thank you! Padme is the hardest character for me to write, so I'm glad you think I got her right. I always wonder...

Gina I have to mess with Anakin, you know I do! [face_devil]

Jedi_Liz Thank you kindly!

ANAKINSBABY Stupid Dark Side! :D Thanks for reading! And we'll just have to see, won't we? o_O

VadersMistress If he dumps her, I suppose YOU get him?

Anakins-girl Obi-Wan will try...

Jedi-Tiger-Lilly And you SHOULD worry about her!:confused:

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL at your comment to VM.

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Congrats your royal modliness :)

14. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Excellent post! :D So sad that Anakin had to cut his bond with Obi-Wan. What Obi-Wan must be thinking... [face_worried] I like the way you write Anakin and Padme's relationship. It's nice to see more of a 'domestic' feeling between them, even in difficult circumstances. Great update! =D=

15. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Wonderful story. I love how Ani isn't evil. Do the younglings survive? I just hafta know.

16. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    I'm loving your story so far and I can't wait for your next update. :)

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    DarthIshtar She's made her claim quite clear! :p

PadawanKitara Thanks! We'll see if you still say that in a month! o_O

Knight_Aragorn Thanks! Coming from such a talented writer that means a lot! I'm glad you liked it.

Genimay No younglings were killed the making of this story! Palpatine never got to give Order 66 or send Anakin to slaughter those at the Temple, so no worries there!

JediArym Thank you! I'll be updating every Tuesday, thanks to my incredible beta Alethia!

18. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, well, I'm the right age for him...

19. callmesweet16

callmesweet16 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    I want more pleaseee!!:D

20. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    AH! I missed the update! *slaps hand* Bad reader bad!

He broke the bond! I realize he had to do it to hide, but still! Poor Obi!

21. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Your writing ability (and speed!) continues to amaze me. The way Anakin is in some ways finally at peace with himself is wonderful, but my heart broke when I read how he severed his bond with Obi-Wan. That would have devistated Obi!

Looking forward to the Tuesday updates!

22. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    bumpity for the next post whenever it may come

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    DarthIshtar Sorry! I've got dibs. He needs an older woman! :p

callmesweet16 And here it is!

Koori Poor Obi! :_|

ShadowolfActually, I've had most of this story written for weeks and my beta is lightning fast as well! And so good!

Jedi_Liz And it's Tuesday, so here it is!

[b]Chapter 3: A Horrible Truth [/b]

General Grievous was dead.

Obi-Wan breathed a sigh of relief and sought out Commander Cody, who handed him back his lightsaber with a very slight smirk. ?I believe you dropped this, sir."

"Ah. Ah, yes." The Jedi could not help but smile as he took his weapon and clipped it to his belt. The familiar weight of his saber was reassuring to him, especially since he was still in hostile territory. For a brief moment, he wished that he could turn around to see Anakin?s mocking smile.

He could almost hear the young man scolding his former Master. [i]That weapon is your life.[/i] He?d say, throwing back the words he had heard so often from his exasperated Master.

Obi-Wan would have acknowledged the rebuke with a roll of the eyes and silence, which would have prompted more laughter from Anakin. Unable to help himself, he turned back, almost expecting to see Anakin?s smiling face.

But he was not there.

Obi-Wan sat back wearily, rubbing his eyes as he listened to the sounds of the clone troops around him. They were back on the ship, going home to Coruscant. Some troops had been left behind on Utapau and would make sure that all of the enemy droids had been destroyed.

For the first time in years, Obi-Wan began to feel a spark of hope come to life within him. It just might be possible that the end of the war was in sight. An end to the bloodshed and battles, an end to the grief of losing more and more of his fellow Jedi on one battlefield or another.

They had lost so many and the names ran through is mind like a dirge. But so many remained, and he found hope there. Bant and Garen could help him celebrate, and he could finally sit down and speak with Anakin about what was troubling him.

War had forced Obi-Wan to ignore much of what was going on behind those stormy blue eyes. It had made him turn a blind eye to the fierce joy that came over Anakin?s face when he saw Senator Amidala waiting for him and the answering spark in hers, which was much more troubling.

Maybe now, he could help Anakin become the Jedi Obi-Wan had always known he [i]could[/i] be, and would be some day with proper guidance.

With the war over, Palpatine would have no more excuses to stay in office and if he tried to do so, steps would be taken to remove him. The senate could once more be the bastion of democracy, and the threat of a dictator would be removed.

He stood up, a slight smile on his face, He met Commander Cody?s eyes and they exchanged a nod. Obi-Wan had begun to walk past him to go to his personal quarters when his knees gave way.

The next thing he saw were the concerned faces of troopers looking down at him

Unable to focus on anything but the raw agony that blazed within him, he held up a hand in supplication. He did not seek remedy for his physical pain; he only wanted someone to tell him that what he sensed was not true.

?Anakin?? he breathed.

It could not be. But a tentative touch to the bond he had shared with Anakin for so long proved to be a futile exercise. Even as he lightly probed their bond, the emptiness of it echoed along the tattered remnants, each ripple sending a fresh wave of grief and loss throughout his body. There was no answer.

Anakin Skywalker was gone.

Obi-Wan could do nothing more than stare at Master Yoda. His words still had not penetrated the fog surrounding his thoughts.

Master Windu and three other Masters had died in Palpatine?s office. And the Chancellor himself had been found dead there as well, lightsaber marks clear on his disfigured corpse. A great hue and cry had risen over the Jedi assassination of the Cha

24. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I love this story! :) :) Wonderful characterization of Obi-Wan, there!!!! =D=

25. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Poor Anakin....poor Obi-wan...:_| The emotion is so powerful, especially when Obi-wan fell to his knees unable to feel anakin....I'm a sniffling wreck now!

This story is brilliant VaderLVR64...I have highlighted every tues. on my calendar, now it's just the waiting...I hate waiting:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.