main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Deep Into a Darkness Peering - ROTS AU, Updated 12/19 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Oh that an evil cliffe indeed! I guess the Skywalkers will be going
    back home to Tattooine. I hope it's not too late and that Cliegg
    is still alive.

Great update!

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Darn Tuskens. I hope the Skywalker's can rescue their family member this time! :_| That IS an evil cliffie! (But sometimes I do like those. ;) )

Love the rest of the update; Luke and Leia are wonderful together. So glad to see them growing up as siblings.

3. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    So, another chance to turn evil. [face_devil] Well I hope Anakin has learned all he needed to in order to confront this next situation. I'll bet they head right back to Tatooine immediately.

4. JuniorPadawan

JuniorPadawan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Why do the Tuskins like the Skywalkers so much anyway?

5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Evil cliffie. :mad: But, I love evil cliffies. [face_dancing]

I really hope Cleigg will be found okay, but somehow I doubt it.

Great writing. =D=

6. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Thanks for the PM!

HandmaidenVeme And you were WORRIED about that?

...Yes, beadhead and no make-up enough said;) .

Now back to the last chapter:) . Luke and Leia are just adorable!!! This is exactly how I imagined how the twins would of been had things turned out differently.
    As always, I simply love your writing and this update made my day (I am worried about Clieg though[face_worried] )

7. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    nice twisty! I'm excited to see where you are taking this. I have really enjoyed all of these scenes at the temple and Anakin exploring what have been. =D=

8. naadi

naadi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2005
    Hopefully anakin can save cliegg from the tuskens,but hopefully not kill all the tuskens like he was supposed to do!!!!!Can't wait for more=D= [face_peace]

9. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Oh dear that does not sound good! Those Tuskan Raiders have a lot to answer for! I just hope that Anakin can save Cleigg and that no one starts getting darkside tendencies this time!

Great chapter really looking forward to seeing what happens next!

10. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    I just found this wonderful fic of yours yesterday, and I get sucked in on the first chapter that you leave with an evil cliffhanger. This AU is great, I'm glad that Anakin became a farmer and he got to raise his children with his wife. The change from the Anakin we knew in the movies to the person he is now is incredible.

The cliffhanger was EVIL, I actually gasped when I read that Owen and Beru's boy had been taken by Tuskens. I get the feeling that the Force will be telling Anakin that it is time for him to use his lightsaber again.

The quality of your writing amazes me. I hope to someday be half the writer that you are. If you could PM me when you update, that would be great. Keep up the great work!

11. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Thanks for the PM!

Acceptance of what he had seen and learned would come much easier from the security of his family?s embrace. So he's finally learned.

They had been destined to be a family. The Force had led him to Padmé for a reason, and they had had Luke and Leia for a reason. No matter what the Dark Side might have intended him to do with his life, he had made a choice and it had been the right one. Anakin laughed as he watched the twins engage in a friendly argument and he reached over and took hold of Padmé?s hand, taking reassurance from the warmth of it. I love the images that I get from this paragraph.

All was as it was supposed to be. For now...

?Like most predators, they are more terrifying in herds,? Obi-Wan said dryly. [face_devil]

?I think he?s more likely than Leia to do so,? the Jedi remarked. ?He looks at everything in the Temple with a sense of awe, and he wishes to be a part of something bigger than himself. He won?t be content to stay on a Tatooine farm, Anakin.? The two men stopped and turned to each other. No, he won't be.

Obi-Wan snorted softly. ?Far from thinking less of you, my boy, I would be impressed by your good sense.? *nods* Even powerful Jedi need to be reined in by someone. And Padme is the perfect person to do so.

Instead, he saw Padmé sitting at the table, tears tracing down her cheeks. Leia was curled up in a ball on the couch, rocking back and forth and sobbing quietly. Uh-oh...

Coughing, Padmé leaned back. ?It?s Cliegg?? she whispered. ?The Tuskens took Cliegg.? You did not do that. You did not!

Oh, dear. Evil cliffie is right. You don't even give Anakin a chance to face what the meditations revealed. Let's just hope he sees the parallels....

12. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Then Luke suddenly looked up from his dinner and smiled at Anakin. ?We missed you,? he said quietly, and for Anakin that answered the questions that his visions had raised.

Just perfect!

Luke?well, we compare him to a kitling, eager to get into trouble and just as ready to make friends with everyone he meets.?

Yep, that's Luke. ;)

Anakin grimaced and shook his head. ?Would you think less of me to know that I?m a little intimidated by my wife?? He grinned at his former Master.

No, we'd think you were a very smart man. :p

At the mention of food, Luke was distracted ? just what Anakin had expected. Like the kitling to which he was so often compared, Luke could be easily swayed by the promise of food.

What growing boy isn't distracted at the mere mention of food! [face_laugh]

And that was quite the evil cliffie, K. [face_shame_on_you]

Wonderful update! =D=

13. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Oh no! :eek: Will the troubles ever end for the Skywalker family? I'm starting think they're not destined to have a happy ending. :( But they better get one. [face_shame_on_you] :p

I loved how Luke went to console Leia. It reminded me of how my brother is always ready to hug me when I'm down. :)

Wonderful update! =D= And looking forward to more.

14. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    *delurks*
    Ok, this is my first reply. I have been following this for the past couple of weeks and I must say, this story is awesome. I love how you exolores the path Anakin could have taken, I really like it; keep up the good work!=D=

15. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    I love the family scenes at the beginning of the chapter. The family dynamics, especially with the kissing, are so true to life. Then came the Temple conversation and the evil cliffhanger.

I really like Obi-Wan and Anakin's analysis of Luke, Leia, and Padme. They hit the highlights of all the characters, especially in regards to their possible future actions.

16. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I just love this fic! Very interesting take on how things could have been. I really love your take on the characters and cannot wait to read more. :D

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ehopepower Thanks for reading! :D

cdmcc I like a little humor with my angst. :p

randomangel22 Luke has a destiny, just as his father did. Of course, so does Leia. But exactly what that destiny is... [face_whistling]

VA_Parky I like doing that, pulling out the rug. It's fun. [face_laugh]

Darth_Mongoulus Things needed shaking up. :p

rocketscientist Well, you'll see somebody in action. ;)

JediArym They go back to Tatooine in this very post! :)

ginchy Cliffies are good for the soul if not for the heart. [face_batting]

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT You're exactly right! :D

JuniorPadawan Well Cliegg isn't exactly a Skywalker, but the Force does seem to take Anakin back to places he failed. [face_worried]

JediMaster_Jen I love cliffies, too!

HandmaidenVeme I love the idea of Luke and Leia growing up together, too.

Darth-Buddy Thanks! And now we need a new direction. :p

naadi Let's hope so!

Diamond_Revelation Anakin is about to face his inner demons...[face_worried]

Kelli_LB Thank you so much! Coming from a writer of your talent, I'm incredibly flattered!

Independence1776 OUr kids outnumber us, we're used to the herd mentality. It's frightening.[face_devil]

Gina Well, I know MY boys are. Just the thought of food and they stop what they're doing and look at me wtih bright blue eyes. "What's for dinner?"

Nienna_Narmolanya I'll make a note of that...one happy ending. :D

lost_lauries_grapes Thank you for reading and replying. And lurkers are always welcome, too! :p

LadyLunas I think a lot of times you can see the child's personality and how it affected the grown-up's progress through life. Not to say things can't change, but there's usually a tendency there early on. At least, I think so. :p

Jaina_and_Jag Thank you! [face_blush]

[b]Chapter 43: Keeping Faith[/b]

Anakin rocked back on his heels in shock. Her words echoed in his mind, followed by the cries of the Tuskens he had murdered so many years ago. He blinked, wondering if he would find himself in the Lars? home once more, hearing another Cliegg explain that his mother had been taken. It was a nightmare revisited, and there was nothing he could do about it. He pulled away from Padmé in a daze, feeling dizzy and disconnected. ?I?ve got to go back,? he murmured, only vaguely aware of Obi-Wan?s presence. Then he felt his Master?s hand on his arm.

?Steady, Anakin,? he said quietly. Then the Jedi turned to Padmé. ?When was he taken??

Padmé took a deep breath and calmed herself. ?Almost twelve hours ago,? she explained. ?At first, they didn?t know he was missing. They each thought he was with the other, because that?s what he had told them.? She glanced at Luke. ?They found your Skyhopper in the dunes and figured out Cliegg had decided to take a ride.?

Luke?s lips thinned and for a moment, she was given a glimpse of the man her son would become. The boy shook his head. ?I should have disabled it. I knew Cliegg liked to ride it, too,? he said in a choked voice. ?Why didn?t I do that??

Obi-Wan looked at Luke. ?This isn?t your fault, Luke,? he admonished gently. ?Cliegg made a choice and, unfortunately, it?s had some?difficult consequences.? Then he smiled gently and walked over to the twins. He took one of their hands in each of his own. ?But don?t you worry; we?ll get him back safe and sound.?

?We?? Anakin asked, already shaking his head. ?No, Master, I can?t ask that of you.?

?You didn?t ask,? Obi-Wan said without turning. ?I am merely informing you of my intentions.? Looking over his shoulder, Obi-Wan lifted in his chin in a gesture Anakin knew all too well. The Jedi was digging in his heels, and his stubborn streak rivaled any Skywalker, it just was not seen nearly as often. There was going to be a battle ? if he chose to make it one.

Sighing wearily, Anakin tried one more time. ?Really, Master, the

18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, I hope they get the little Lars' back safely!! But this is sure as rain to bring up memories Anakin would rather keep deep in the recesses of his mind.

And what is Luke up to? [face_thinking]

Excellent update! So glad that Anakin and Padme are there for Owen and Beru!

19. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    i hope cliegg comes home safe and sound [face_praying]!! i knew obi-wan and tru were going to come along i mean what adventure would be complete if anakin didn't have his friends following making sure he doesn't do anything stupid [face_laugh]!! and i wonder what luke told his father [face_thinking]?? excellent job VaderLVR64 =D= and please update soon [face_praying]!!

20. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Sometimes I read, sometimes I don't. What are you gonna do, put me on restriction? :p

Now I want to see what Whiny Boy is going to do. [face_thinking]

21. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Anakin turned to Obi-Wan with surprise. ?Isn?t sending two Jedi off to find a lost child rather unusual?? he queried, though his heart protested the thought. Cliegg was like another son to him, and he felt himself holding on to his control only by the thinnest of margins.

?Not when that child is special to you,? Obi-Wan answered softly. Then he shrugged. ?Besides, Tru needs to get out of the Temple or he?s going to get into trouble.? He nodded at Tru who grinned at Anakin once more and moved past him to be the first one to enter the ship. ?And now is really no time to argue, Anakin,? Obi-Wan chided as he, too, moved into the ship. Anakin simply stared after them, amazed at their audacity. For the first time, however, he felt as if everything just might turn out all right. He and Obi-Wan had been unbeatable as a team during the Clone Wars, surely now would prove no different.

Turning to Padmé, Anakin looked disgruntled. ?They?re taking over my ship,? he muttered.

Patting him soothingly on his arm, she whispered. ?It?ll be all right, I?m quite sure they?ll let you fly it.?

?They?d better,? Anakin grumbled.

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that the calvary came out to help Anakin. Good for them! You mixed the warm emotions well with bits of humor. I really enjoyed it!

22. JuniorPadawan

JuniorPadawan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    True Cliegg isn't a Skywalker, but he's close enough. And I wonder what Luke is up to?

23. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    ?Anakin Skywalker, if you think you?re going to go off on this quest alone, then you have lost what little sense you possessed in the first place.?

:D Aww... I love it when Obi-Wan gets riled up over a just cause.

And the Kenobi/Skywalker team is back together again! Joined by Tru. I hope they find Cliegg. I hope they come back all right. I hope... [face_blush] Is it obvious that you have me completely caught up in the story? ;)

Amazing update! =D= I might just set up camp here until next week's. Is that okay? :p

24. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Beru buried her face in Owen?s shoulder, unable to speak. ?I?m going with you,? Owen said in a firm voice.

Anakin glanced at Obi-Wan; they had discussed this during the journey and had come to the conclusion that the mission would be more easily accomplished if only the three Jedi went after Cliegg. Anakin shook his head. ?I?m sorry, Owen, but it?s better if just the three of us go.? His voice was as firm as Owen?s had been.

?He?s my son, Anakin,? Owen said in an agonized voice. ?Don?t ask me to wait here, not knowing?? He shook his head, biting hard at his lower lip.

?I know,? Anakin replied softly. ?And I know what I?m asking you to do goes against every instinct you have as a father.? Then his jaw clenched. ?I?m going to entrust my children to you, Owen, and I want you to do the same. Trust me ? trust us - to bring Cliegg home to you.? There was a look exchanged between the two men. Finally, Owen nodded, as if he understood some unspoken message that had passed between them.

?I?ll look after your children,? Owen said. ?And you look after Cliegg. Bring him home.? The young farmer turned to his wife. ?Beru, you should start gathering whatever you?ll need to make Cliegg?s favorite bantha stew. He?ll be as hungry as a rancor when his uncle brings him back.?

I loved this part. It was very sweet of Anakin to entrust Luke and Leia to Owen since he can't go along with the Jedi to save Cleigg. :)

Great chapter. =D=

25. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    With these 3 on the way we might as well say that Cliegg is well on his way to being saved. You couldn't ask for better rescuers! Hang in there little man, Uncle Anakin and 2 new friends are on their way!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.