main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Deep Into a Darkness Peering - ROTS AU, Updated 12/19 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naadi

naadi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2005
    I hope they find cliegg and bring him back safely!!!!

2. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oooooh boy, the Tuskens had better look out. They've got three Jedi after them now! Go, guys, go!!! And what in the world is that little Luke up to? Did he by any chance pack a light saber??? [face_thinking] Hmmmm... Guess I'll have to wait and see.

How much do I love the idea of Anakin and Obi-wan having to share a swoopbike - even if it is just for a little bit. Too funny!! There's a lot of eye candy on one vehicle, you know!

And Obi-wan getting all huffy was hysterical. I could totally see him doing that - as well as getting distressed at the outburst afterwards. Priceless!

Very, very well done! Can't wait for the next update! I love this story!

3. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Yey Anakin is taking Obi-Wan and Tru with him! At least he will have support while he faces some of his deamons. I loved how everyone went to help!

Can't wait to find out what Luke said to his dad though!

Thanks for a great chapter VaderLV64. Looking forward to the next one!

4. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Thanks for the PM!

?You didn?t ask,? Obi-Wan said without turning. ?I am merely informing you of my intentions.? Looking over his shoulder, Obi-Wan lifted in his chin in a gesture Anakin knew all too well. The Jedi was digging in his heels, and his stubborn streak rivaled any Skywalker, it just was not seen nearly as often. There was going to be a battle ? if he chose to make it one. Obi-Wan!

Obi-Wan turned to face his former apprentice. ?Anakin Skywalker, if you think you?re going to go off on this quest alone, then you have lost what little sense you possessed in the first place.? Um... Obi?

He turned to Padmé, ?See? I always told you he had a temper when you pushed him hard enough.? Anakin!

It seemed that Obi-Wan was dumbstruck for a moment, and then he shook his head in amazement. ?I don?t think I?ve ever heard you admit that you might need help.? Has anyone?

Turning to Padmé, Anakin looked disgruntled. ?They?re taking over my ship,? he muttered.
    Patting him soothingly on his arm, she whispered. ?It?ll be all right, I?m quite sure they?ll let you fly it.?
    ?They?d better,? Anakin grumbled.
    Yes, they are taking over your ship, and they will let you fly it if they value their limbs.

Anakin glanced at Obi-Wan; they had discussed this during the journey and had come to the conclusion that the mission would be more easily accomplished if only the three Jedi went after Cliegg. Anakin shook his head. ?I?m sorry, Owen, but it?s better if just the three of us go.? His voice was as firm as Owen?s had been. Yes, only Jedi going is a lot easier. They know they can all take care of themselves.

?Shush,? she commanded. ?I won?t hear any of that. You come home, all of you, and bring Cliegg with you.? Yes, they had better.

Anakin hesitated a moment, and then bowed his head briefly, obviously agreeing to whatever the boy had asked. Just what did Anakin agree to? [face_worried]

Oh, dear. This could turn out to be major trouble. And knowing the Tuskens, it will. Let's just hope Anakin remembers the visions.

5. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I really hope that the three Jedi can get to Cliegg before anything else happens to him. [face_worried] Great post! Can't wait for more. :)

6. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Been catching up on fics since I was out of town. Sorry a comment is so late coming.

?You didn?t ask,? Obi-Wan said without turning. ?I am merely informing you of my intentions.?

Heh, heh, you rock Obi-Wan!

Well I have no doubt the the efforts of the Jedi will retrieve the boy - but what will be left of him? That's what I fear! [face_worried]

7. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Great chapter and thanks for the PM. I must say I do quite like Obi in this (although what's there not to like:D?). I even like the whiny one as well!

I'm really looking forward to the next PM.

=D=

8. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Poor Cliegg, this will really test Anakin. I really loved that Obi-Wan stood up to Anakin and was more stubborn to him when he needed to be. Flushing slightly, Obi-Wan appeared distressed by his slip, but his determination was still quite obvious. ?I am going with you, Padawan, and that is the end of it.? Blushing AND determined. That's my Obi-Wan. [:D]

Pulling his wife close to him once more, Anakin?s head bowed briefly. ?I?ve learned a lot of things, Master, and that I?m not alone is one of them.? Then he looked at the twins. ?You can stay here with your mother while Master Obi-Wan and-? Hee, he hasn't learned that not being alone also means not leaving Padme behind! [face_shame_on_you] Good point that Beru needs the support too. I also liked that Anakin realized that entrusting his kids to Owen would mean a lot to him.

9. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Anakin certainly is lucky with regards to his friends and family. They don't let him get away with foolishness, especially wanting to go after Tuskens alone.

I like the little bits of humour you put in here, even with all the tension. It doesn't lessen it, but it shows that even in terrible situations, something funny can be found.

10. penpadme

penpadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    I just finished reading this entire story up to the most recent update and WOW this is amazing. It brought so many different emotions out in me. The way you described the original trilogy and the events from ROTS were just amazing and how you mixed them in with your story was incredible. I found tears in my eyes at Anakin's reactions about what could have been. The excerpts from the ROTS novel were good additions as well. That is a fantastic novel. Great job and please add me to the PM list! I would appreciate it!

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ginchy You'll see what Luke is up to! [face_whistling]

randomangel22 It's nice to see them all together again! :D

VadersMistress Well now that you're 18, it would be rather difficult to put you on restriction. :p

obsessedwithSW Thank you! :D

JuniorPadawan Luke just reminded his father of something. ;)

Nienna_Narmolanya Well, the update is rather late. SORRY! [face_blush] But it will be up this week.

JediMaster_Jen The two men have grown close over the years, and now poor Owen has to wait at home. It's going to kill him.

HandmaidenVeme It is indeed! [face_mischief]

naadi Me, too!

VA_Parky Well you know Obi-Wan...always cool, calm, and collected - except when he's not. :p

Diamond_Revelation Luke is a charmer, all right. Let's see what he said to dear old dad!

Independence1776 Skywalkers and trouble? :eek: No!

Jaina_and_Jag I'm sure they will do their best!

rocketscientist Well, the Tuskens do treat child captives and adult ones differently. Take hope from that. :)

cdmcc I shall not even ask who is whiny. [face_not_talking] :p

Lovely-in-Orange As a parent, trusting someone with your kids is a huge leap of faith, and Anakin knows that.

LadyLunas I don't seem to be able to resist adding bits of humor to those type of situations. It's the same in real life, which gets me in trouble. [face_blush]

penpadme I will, and thank you so much for your kind words. [:D]

12. Jedi-Leila

Jedi-Leila Jedi Knight

Aug 28, 2006
    =D= Oh, Oh, Oh...I just read this from the first post to the latest and I am impressed! Good story and exciting! The characters are marvellously well done! I'm so pleased I looked at this story! Definately going to come back for more! Please can you add me to the PM list? I don't want to miss anything. Please let them save little Cliegg! [face_praying]

~Jedi-Leila~

13. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    I was just looking for this story actually. :) All of yesterday. Whenever you can, by all means ... update it. Another interesting take on what would have happened if other choices were made. In some ways this choice after Mace Windu's death was just as hard, in other ways.

14. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    *raving and shoving Jedi Nights out*

Force, go boys; go! There's not a moment to lose! :eek:

I hope they can get Lil' Cliegg back. Oh, the suspense! I was tired and gonna curl up in bed from a long day, but then I saw this--and read the parts I missed--only to discover Lil' Cliegg in danger! And not only that, Tuskens are involved. Now, all traces of sleep have vanished, due to this superior update of a little twist with the Lars familia.

Ah well, like I always say: Homework and studies frist, updated fic/websites second--then bed. :D Sleep is good, but in this instant, it can wait.

Waiting in anticipation. =D= @};- :)

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Jedi-Leila Thank you for reading, and I'll PM you! :D

darth_treyvah Yes, Windu's death was a turning point for Anakin, unfortunately, he turned the wrong way. :_|

Galactic_Girl You missed sleep for me? :eek: I'm honored, sleep is sacred! :p

[b]Chapter 44: Into the Night[/b]

?Before we go to the Darklighter?s farm, I need to stop by home,? Anakin called out as they pulled away from the Lars? homestead. As usual, Anakin did not know the meaning of slow and Tru had to speed up to pull even with Anakin.

?What for?? Obi-Wan yelled in Anakin?s ear, struggling to be heard above the noise of the swoops. He closed his eyes as the sand bit at his face and got into his eyes. It was going to be a long day and Obi-Wan wished fervently he had thought to ask for goggles.

?Something I might need,? the younger man answered enigmatically, apparently unaffected by the flying sand.

Soon they were at the Skywalker farm and Anakin brought the swoop to an abrupt halt, sand flying up about them. Obi-Wan coughed and tried to blink the grit from his eyes while Anakin ran into the house. A few moments later, the young farmer was back, and swinging on his belt was his saber. Obi-Wan merely gaped while Tru smirked and nodded his head with satisfaction.

?About time, Skywalker,? he commented as Anakin climbed back on the swoop.

Anakin shrugged, but a proud smile lit up his face. ?Luke told me it was time?? he murmured. Then he blinked. ?And he?s got good instincts.? For a moment, the three men were silent, and then Anakin help up three pairs of goggles and Obi-Wan gave a sigh of relief. ?Thank the Force!?

Tru laughed as he pulled them on. ?Getting too old for this sort of thing, Kenobi??

?Absolutely not,? Obi-Wan answered with dignity. ?I just prefer that sand [i]not[/i] fly up my nose!?

?Come on,? Anakin yelled as they started the swoops. ?Let?s get to the Darklighters? place and get that swoop! I?m tired of Obi-Wan cutting off my air!?

Obi-Wan nodded his vehement agreement as he held on for dear life. They roared over the desert and it was not long before they reached the Darklighter farm. The family swarmed out of the house, offered them food and drink before they continued on their journey. They accepted some water, which they gulped down gratefully. It was only a few minutes before Obi-Wan was settling himself on his own swoop, with the good wishes of the Darklighter family still echoing in his ears.

They followed Anakin?s lead through the desert. Obi-Wan had to admire his former Padawan?s skill and his complete dedication to his goal, though he had to wince when Anakin would cut a particularly sharp turn. Since they were in the open desert, Obi-Wan had to wonder at his maneuvers, but was too busy trying to keep up [i]and[/i] not to crash to bother asking. Tru seemed to revel in the speed, grinning like an idiot beneath his goggles.

The trio soon spied a group of Jawas and came to a quick stop. Anakin hopped off and approached them, while Obi-Wan and Tru stayed on their swoops. Even from a distance, the Jedi could smell the Jawas. Tru glanced at Obi-Wan and shook his head, grimacing. Obi-Wan felt his eyes begin to water. ?Wow!? Tru muttered. ?That?s something.?

?I?ve smelled worse,? Obi-Wan replied softly.

?Oh yeah, where?? Tru challenged quietly.

?Oddly, right now I can?t remember,? Obi-Wan answered with a grin.

?M?um m?aloo,? Anakin called out. [i]Greetings.[/i]

One of the Jawas pointed excitedly to a droid, but Anakin shook his head firmly. ?Nyeta,? he said, obviously refusing.

Another round of quick speech erupted from the group, and finally Anakin held up his hand. ?Sabrato!? He was clearly telling them to stop. Anakin rattled off some sounds that had Obi-Wan blinking they had been so rapid. The Jawas shifted uneasily and then conferred among themselves quietly for a moment before turning back to Anakin. After a few moments? discussion, Anakin gave a nod of his head and reached into a pouch at his belt. He handed an obj

16. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Stop with the cliffies!:eek: Good to see the bold Anakin a bit fearful. Loved this bit:

I?m scared, Master. It was a terrifying admission for Anakin to make, and Obi-Wan knew it.

There is no need, Anakin, Obi-Wan reminded him gently. You are not alone.

Great line, great story. I look forward to another PM with baited breath=D=

17. Jedi-Leila

Jedi-Leila Jedi Knight

Aug 28, 2006
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the PM! I must say - I'm breathless. You certainly have a way with words. I feel so sorry for Anakin. He failed once, he's not going to again! [face_praying] Loving it, loving it, loving it! Good job! Hmmm, so how far are we into the story? I've read somewhere that Luke is important or that I misinterpreted...Looking forward to the next PM!

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Jedi-Leila

18. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Awwww, I love Tru! He is a great friend - brings such an interesting dynamic to the group, you know?

And I must say - I'm totally melting at the exchange between Obi-wan and Anakin. They are such good friends - definitely meant to be by the other's side. Whenever I read this story, I realize all over again how it is a perfect balm to the horrific end of RotS. I can't thank you enough for writing it - I've loved every single update.

Now... I'm going to settle in right here and sing *off key* until you come back and tell me what happens next. Any requests??? Something with really high notes ought to drive her mad enough.... :p ;)

Three cheers for Vadey!

19. timerift22

timerift22 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    AH! SO it WAS to get the saber! (anybody here jack sparrow around here? hehehehe)
    i thought it might have been luke telling ani that he wants to become a jedi.

cliegg will be home before we know it. i think ani obi need to put behind them theyre fear and pain over fighting each other in the vision by having a sparing match.

SNow

okay i love any swordfigh giggle

20. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    I can't believe I missed a post? This is horrible that Cliegg was taken. I do hope that Anakin can face his fears and get Cliegg safely out.

21. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Ack, I missed a post, I can't believe it! Great chapter, I love how you are showing just how much Anakin has changed.

Now young Cliegg was the one at risk, and he was once more racing over the cursed dunes of Tatooine to save the life of someone he loved. But what if he was too late? Even beyond the loss of the child he loved like a son, what would happen after?

Would the Force give him the strength to resist that terrible revenge he knew he had the power to exact?

Anakin was troubled when he realized he did not know the answer.

That was great, such the opposite of the overly sure of himself Anakin we saw in the PT. I'm so glad that Obi-Wan and Tru is with him.

I can't wait to find out what happens next. Could you please add me to your PM list?

22. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    i have a bad feeling that anakin might do something unpredictable again [face_worried]. let's hope tru and obi-wan can keep anakin from getting too angry. excellent update =D=!!

23. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    I do hope that the three of them can get young Cliegg home safe and sound and that Anakin doesn't slip during the event.

24. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I'm in total agreement with my friend Parky here!!!! Hooray for Vadey!!!

*hands Parky a microphone* Now about those request....;)

25. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Finally got caught up. Liked that Anakin got the chance to see the 'alternate' reality and has finally found some peace with his decision. I also enjoyed the moment when Luke told him it was time to break out the lightsaber. Hopefully, the results this time in the Tusken camp will differ from when he tried to save his mother. Glad that both Obi-Wan and Tru decided to accompany him during the rescue. I think each will have a profound role to play. Excellent as always! Look forward to more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.