main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Deep Into a Darkness Peering - ROTS AU, Updated 12/19 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sethsky

sethsky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    great chapter vaderlvr64, very sad and emotional. What will anakin do now since he's neither jedi or sith?

see ya

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    :( :_| you still killed Mace!

Good post.

edit: fix the sad face and add a crying face

3. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    Well I don't think he's gonna kill himself. He coulda done that already. But maybe shut down his own force sensitivity maybe? Wipe out most of his own midis or something?

4. Lieutenant_Jaina

Lieutenant_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2003
    This fic's really good. You're doing a most awesome job :)

5. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes, I agree. It flows very well and makes complete sense, plus I can visualize it happening.

It's nice to see that Anakin has found peace early and that Padme is still alive!

uppies!

I can't wait for next Tuesday!

jazz

6. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    This is sooooo sad!!!!!!! Poor Obi!!! poor Ani!!!, poor me since it was such a small chapter!! [face_batting] and I'm just like Anakin!!! I'm not the reader I should be!! I want more!!! [:D]
    I can't wait to see what are you planing for this story!!, it's just great, and thanks for taking the time to do something about this fic, since you are now so busy!!, be well and take care.

7. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    So now Obi-Wan knows what happened while he was gone. I still think he'll try to go after Anakin, but for now I think he, Yoda, and the rest of the Jedi will try to get everything in the Republic under control before they search for the Chosen One.

Speaking of which,...what has/will become of Anakin?

His head bowed, he accepted what the Force told him had to be, for it was the price of his absolution.

Anakin Skywalker and the Force became one for a brief, but magical, space of time.

When he rose from his meditation, he touched the space on his belt where his lightsaber had always hung and an echo whispered in his head.

So what was the price he paid for his absolution? I only hope it wasn't something he still needs!

Another well written post that has me hungering for more! Though I should expect no less from you, VaderLVR64! :D

8. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Wonderful! I loved that last bit, with Anakin finally letting go of it all. And Obi-Wan was great too. Poor Obi-Wan, 'losing' Anakin...

Edit: I can spell. Really *grins*

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Interesting twist on the prophecy.

10. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Obi-Wan!!!!!!!!! :_|:_|:_|

11. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Wow! An amazing chapter, K, gut-wrenching and emotional.

?Destroyed himself, perhaps the Chosen One has,? Yoda said sadly.

A very powerful statement.

I especially liked the last line. Being the Chosen One had to have been a heavy burden to bear.

Excellent! :D

12. callmesweet16

callmesweet16 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Poor Anakin...poor Obi-Wan...poor everyone
    Great Post!

13. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Interesting to see from the point of view of Obi-Wan and the remaining Jedi. Also nice that the whole galaxy finally learned the truth. It seems to me Yoda knows something, but then... when doesn't he?;)

Thank you for the wonderful insight into the struggle Anakin must go through to reconnect himself to the Force and yet leave his past life behind.

Lovely post.=D=

14. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    The words were reassuring and terribly sad at the same time. His head bowed, he accepted what the Force told him had to be, for it was the price of his absolution.

:eek:

Accepting. Not the Anakin we all know and like to wail about! He's definitly changed. [face_worried]

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    rhonderoo Thank you! I love Obi; he's a lot of fun to write! [face_love]

ANAKINSBABY I'm glad you like it and here it, Tuesday again!

sethsky His destiny has a new direction for him, one it might be hard for him to accept. [face_whistling]

Jedi_Liz Sorry! There still had to be a wake-up call for Anakin, and I didn't think he could come back after killing the younglings, so it had to be Mace.

Arcalian Good guesses all, but not quite right. Still, a good idea. Hmmm.... [face_thinking]

Lieutenant_Jaina Thank you! But most of the credit should go to my wonderful beta, Alethia, who keeps the story in line. It's hard work, believe me!

Jazz_Skywalker Yes, she's alive. And Anakin seems to be on a better path. We'll have to see how THAT lasts! o_O

Erin_21 Luckily, a lot of the work is already done and my beta is super fast, so it makes it easy.

AP4EVER I don't think the Force would ask him to give up something that he still needed, but then again, I don't know the Force that well!

Alethia That boy never stays where Obi-Wan puts him, does he? [face_mischief]

DarthIshtar Thank you! And he has fulfilled it, just not as anyone expected, just like in canon.

Koori Maybe he needs a hug? [:D]

Gina Yeah, I'd think it would get to be a pain after a while. Let's see what happens now...

callmesweet16 Thank you! And I hope you like what comes next.

PadmeSolo This story is, at its root, about Anakin's spiritual journey. And thank you for reading.

Shinar As I said, SHARP left turn. :D

[b]Chapter 4: You Will Never Lose Me[/b]

They rented a small house that overlooked a lovely little river. Padme?s belly grew larger and she became clumsy. Anakin was always at her side, making sure that she did not fall and hurt herself. The medic had given them surprising news on their first visit. Anakin had pestered the medic for every little detail on his wife?s pregnancy and she could not deny his need to know. But the news had come as a shock to both of them. A shock and a reason to celebrate.

They were going to be blessed not just with one baby, but with two.

Her own medical droid had not told her that she carried twins because she had specifically stated that she wanted to know nothing of the baby beyond the fact that it was healthy. The droid, a literal creature, had therefore not seen a need to correct her natural assumption that she carried only one child.

The young couple temporarily put aside the troubles that had caused them to flee and concentrated only on their imminent parenthood. Every time she sighed or twitched, Anakin found himself running to her side. She soon grew tired of his over-solicitous behavior but could not bring herself to scold him.

His fear was a living thing, a third being that dwelled with them. It was invisible, but always there.

Their lives went on, though, as it usually happens. They ate and laugh, loved and argued. They worried about each other and their children and the future most of all.

Anakin grew a beard, for the ?Hero with No Fear? was too well-known for him to escape notice. He had put away his Jedi tunics and robes that night in Padme?s apartment and his clothing now could be found on a hundred different plants. He pulled his hair back in a tail, prompting Padme to call him a pirate. Padme did not go out in public much, preferring to stay at home and get ready for the babies? arrival, but when she did she was always heavily cloaked.

One day they were eating their mid-day meal. Though the bulk of the babies nestled with her made Padme eat less, she ate much more frequently. This was her second mid-day meal to be precise. Her current craving was for fresh fruit, and so Anakin found himself wandering the market daily, searching for a tempting treat for his wife.

This morning he had discovered katanao berries, and her face had lit up when she opened the bag. She immediatel

16. sethsky

sethsky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    very nicely done, good chapter.
    I'm trying to picture anakin with a beard,hehe

seeya

17. Anakins-girl

Anakins-girl Jedi Master star 2

May 20, 2005
    That was a sweet and touching chapter! Great!

18. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    That was such a beautiful scene between them. Loved how he pampers her, and their teasing banter was so romantic. [face_love] Padme's fears and worries are very undertandable, although I am getting an eerie sense of foreshadowing. [face_worried]

Loved the image of a bearded Anakin, btw. ;)

19. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    She's right- as long as she has the twins, she will never be lost to him. Wish that he understood that though. And I loved the way he kept on annoying her by pampering her. Very sweet of him.

20. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Miserable blue eyes stared into hers. ?I can?t lose you.?

?As long as you have our children, you will never lose me, Anakin. Never.?

@};- :_| But it just isn't the same!

A beautiful post, to say the least! And I'm also glad Padme has asked him to talk to Obi-Wan...Speaking of Obi-Wan...sorta...

Anakin grew a beard, for the ?Hero with No Fear? was too well-known for him to escape notice.

:eek: Completely understandable, but still...I'm finding it hard to conjer up a decent image of him with a beard.
    Perhaps Obi can help him with some trimming styles.:p

Great post, LVR! As usual, I thirst for more!:D

21. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Cute! Sweet! :D

Anakin with beard and pony tail? Someone, please make a picture about him!!!! [face_love]

22. Starshine

Starshine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    What a great story :)

?As long as you have our children, you will never lose me, Anakin. Never.?

This statement felt very thoughtful. I liked it.

Last Chapter was cute.
    I am still trying to imagine Anakin with beard :p

Great story:cool:

23. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    That was so sweet and romantic*sigh* I like how Padme told him how she wanted him to go on if something happens to her......but now I'm worried she really is gonna die[face_worried] Please no!

I liked the image of Anakin with a beard and a tail in back...like Qui-gon a little eh? I don't know how you did it VaderLVR64, but that image makes me find him sexier=P~ A pirate Anakin!!

Wonderful post, can't wait for more!!!!!

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I [face_love] the idea of Anakin in a beard and long hair! =P~ But alas, I lack any talent for creating such a picture. :_|

If anyone does have the time or talent and would like to post it here, I think a lot of us would be grateful. Me especially... [face_love]

And thanks to everyone who is reading, lurking or not! :D

25. Ani_dala

Ani_dala Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 18, 2003
    Ohh I just read all the chapters! This story is so bittersweet... I can't even explain!

I hope Obi-Wan and Anakin speak to eachother :(

I love it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.