Saga Deep Into a Darkness Peering - ROTS AU, Updated 12/19 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Darth_Marrs Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the PM! I loved the sense of Deja vu, and how Anakin overcame it. =D=
  2. FitJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh Vadey once again you came through with shining colors!!! Absolutely amazing update- it seems as though Anakin has learned from his past mistake and has released himself into the force and moved forward. Great update I can't wait for more.
  3. obsessedwithSW Force Ghost

star 4
    And the Chosen One felt free.

Wonderful update as always.
    I love the way this story really helps heal Anakin and sometimes it does take facing a trial again and doing it correctly to get past it.
  4. ikarit Jedi Knight

star 1
    That was perfect! Anakin moved past his anger and saved Cliegg. Amazing chapter, and I'm really looking forward to the family reunion when they get back to the homestead. Thanks for the PM.
  5. randomangel22 Jedi Master

star 4
    Finally you updated this story and what an update :eek:!!

Glad that Anakin was able to get over what he did years ago that was important ;)!!

Yeah Cliegg's comin home [face_dancing]!!
  6. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Just now catching up with this wonderful story. Awwwwwwwwwww so glad Anakin was able to stop himself from carrying out the slaughter like I was afraid he would. At least he listened to Qui-Gon this time, and Obi-Wan was there to help him. Marvelous update, m'dear!
  7. naadi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm so glad anakin could finally let go,a truly wonderful chapter,can't wait for more!!!!
  8. Kelli_LB Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm glad you posted, I was afraid that you had abandoned it.

Great chapter, I'm glad that Anakin faced the sandpeople again, but chose another path. I love how you wrote in the end that he was finally free. For him to truly be a new man, he had to face everything he had done before.

Excellent work! =D=
  9. Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay! It's updated! :D ;)

For a moment, Anakin stood still, stunned at Obi-Wan?s words. He could feel his own fury roiling inside of him. It was an old anger, and an old pain ? the pain of failure. At last, he let it go, released every bit of it to the Force because he knew that to hold onto it would kill him, slowly but just as surely as a blaster bolt through his heart.

Beautiful chapter! I've been waiting for this moment the whole story and you did a great job with it. It's about time Anakin put his demons behind him. With the voice of his guilt finally silenced, he can come out of the shadows and learn to live his life in the light. :) (Bleh. Glad I didn't have to speak that last sentence. :p)

Again, lovely work! I can't wait for more! =D=
  10. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master

star 3
    YAY! Cliegg is safe! Its so good to see Anakin overcome the past. He didn't surrender to the dark side as he did before. This is such an accomplishment for him.
  11. lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Master

star 1
    *Cheer* An update![face_dancing]
    Oh, I'm so happy that Cliegg is ok and Anakin didn't wipe out an entire village again! Excellent work!=D=

PS- Thanks for the name compliment! In short, its about falling overboard into a river with two pound of grapes. Long story, for another time.
  12. HandmaidenVeme Jedi Master

star 4
    I was on pins and needles until I got to

Anakin heard Tru grunt and a soft cry of surprise.

?I found the boy,? Tru commented.

?That hurt you know,? Cliegg grumbled. ?You?ve got big feet.?

Then I knew everything would turn out okay and they'd make it out of the camp.

Wonderful update as always!!!=D=
  13. Darth-Buddy Jedi Master

star 3
    Yipeee! I love your more reasonable and mature Anakin. Thank you so much for the update. This is one of my all time favorite stories.=D=
  14. cdmcc Force Ghost

star 4
    An update!=D=

So tense! Beuatifully paced, beautifully written. Older, wiser Anakin is spot on.

Tha lad was a tad on the cheeky side!
  15. Diamond_Revelation Force Ghost

star 3
    I loved the way you wrote the inner struggle that Anakin was facing! I also thought you brought him out of it brilliantly!

I am glad that they got Clegg out in time!

I look forward to seeing what happens next!
  16. DarthVaderette Force Ghost

star 2
    Please PM me updates, I like this story :)

17. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Excellent update--I'm glad that the boy is safe, and that Anakin was able to face, and overcome, his demons.

Great update! =D=
  18. _ThatJediScum_ Force Ghost

star 3
    Those last few chapters were just harrowing! I was so afraid for Anakin having to face that part of his past. So glad everything turned out fine this time.

This story just keeps me in tears. But in a good way. :D

bran
  19. LadyLunas Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, excellent!

Cliegg was saved, Anakin faced his darkness and overcame it. Beautiful ending line.

This had been a really good story. I look forward to seeing where it goes next.
  20. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Good Anakin! I'll bet that goes a long way in helping him to heal.
  21. Gina Force Ghost

star 4
    Amazing update, K!

?You mean?? Obi-Wan asked, one brow rising slightly. ?The camp you???

His face etched with misery, Anakin nodded. ?Yes.?

?Could we stroll down memory lane a bit later?? Tru interjected tersely. ?I think our new friends here are a tad upset that we?ve crashed their party.?

?Anakin, you go follow Cliegg,? Obi-Wan ordered. ?Make sure he?s all right.? It was clear his Master wanted to get him away from the situation, realized how difficult it was for him. Anakin, however, knew that he would never overcome the demons of his past if he did so. For better or worse, this was his own trial to face.

Giving a shake of his head, Anakin refused. ?No, I can?t escape this any longer, Master. It?s time I faced up to what I did.?

Tru risked a glance at the two of them and sighed. ?Anyone care to clue me in at some point??

?No,? Obi-Wan and Anakin answered at the same moment.

?Just thought I?d ask,? Tru muttered.

I loved the bits of humor you interspersed amidst the drama and tension here. It was very in keeping with the spirit of the films.

Use your anger ? save the boy! Palpatine?s voice called out to him from a distant past. Save yourself!

Then there was Qui-Gon?s voice, calling to him softly, I know you will not make the same mistake twice. This time you will listen to me, this time you will heed the danger. There was utter certainty and trust in the slain Master?s voice.

Growls of anger erupted from the Sand People, but Anakin did not waver, for he was unable to move, caught between the two voices that tried to guide his destiny. The Tuskens would respond only to strength, it was the only virtue they admired, and he would give them strength. But would his power come from the Light?or from the Dark?

You portrayed Anakin's inner struggle so perfectly.

All right, Anakin. I trust you. For a moment, Anakin stood still, stunned at Obi-Wan?s words. He could feel his own fury roiling inside of him. It was an old anger, and an old pain ? the pain of failure. At last, he let it go, released every bit of it to the Force because he knew that to hold onto it would kill him, slowly but just as surely as a blaster bolt through his heart. He felt something inside him loosen, unknot. He was free, free from the horrific memory of what he had done after his mother died and from the even more terrifying memory of how much he had enjoyed it. He had become a different person from the one who had slaughtered so senselessly. The love of his family had created a new man. It was time to let go of the past.

Loved this!! [face_love]

I'll say it once more, amazing!!! One of my favorite chapters, and that wasn't an easy call to make since they've all been brilliant! =D= =D=

22. BrightFeather Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've missed this story! I'm glad that Anakin finally managed to forgive himself and move past that horrible night.
  23. Level18Jedi Jedi Padawan

I've followed this story for quite some time, lurking in the shadows. I have to say, awesome work!!! Can't wait to here more. Please add me.
  24. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    rocketscientist Glad you liked it! :)

VA_Parky Thank you! [:D]

Lea-El Bad author! [face_blush]

Darth_Marrs I think Anakin can finally put some of those ghosts to rest.

FitJedi I should be updating in a few days. I just want to tweak a bit. :p

obsessedwithSW Exactly, and now maybe Anakin will have the confidence he needs to face the future.

ikarit Glad you liked it! :D

randomangel22 Anakin needed to know he could do it.

Layren Thank you! [:D]

naadi More to come soon!

Kelli_LB No, just a short hiatus! [face_laugh]

Nienna_Narmolanya Thank you! Oh, and congrats on that lovely piece I just read in the Archives! It was well deserved.

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Yes, it's important for him.

lost_lauries_grapes Sometime you'll have to tell me the story! ;)

HandmaidenVeme Well, I live around big feet and I know how much they hurt when they step on you! :p

Darth-Buddy Wow, thanks! This one has been a journey for me.

cdmcc He's been hanging around Uncle Anakin too much! [face_laugh]

Diamond_Revelation Thank you for reading!

DarthVaderette I will and thank you!

ginchy Anakin is all grown up! ;)

_ThatJediScum_ Thank you! [face_batting]

LadyLunas Thank you so much for reading! :)

Jaira Yes it will.

Gina Thank you for being my cheerleader, my sounding board, and my friend. [:D] AND such a loyal reader! [face_mischief]

BrightFeather It was time. :)

Level18Jedi Thank you! Lurkers are always welcome!

Well, we are close to the end now. There are two posts left. I want to thank everyone who has been along on this long ride! Your responses and kindness have meant more than you know. [:D]

25. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Chapter 46: A Father?s Pride

The journey home was completed quickly and the foursome arrived at the Lars? homestead just as the suns were about to set. Luke was the first one to see them, having been outside chasing insects, and he quickly called out to the others who were waiting inside. Leia arrived first, and from a distance, Anakin could see her come to a skidding halt beside her brother. He had to smile as he watched the twins lean close together, probably communicating without words and trying to see if Cliegg was with them. Finally, Cliegg leaned out a bit and waved, holding onto Obi-Wan with one arm.

The twins leaped in the air and gave a joyous shout just as Padmé, Owen, and Beru stepped out into the waning light. Owen held little Shmi in his arms while Beru looked anxiously at the small party, having heard the twins? shouts but unable to believe until she saw her son with her own eyes. When she spotted Cliegg, she collapsed into Owen?s arms, her relief almost too much to bear. Padmé had tears running down her face when they came to stop, sand swirling around them. She launched herself at Anakin and threw her arms around him almost before he got off the swoop. He spun her around and kissed her fervently, while Cliegg had climbed off the swoop and ran toward his parents.

Beru could do nothing more than cry and kiss the boy?s face, while Owen tried very hard to appear stoic. The young farmer finally gave up and wept along with his wife. Luke and Leia were obviously torn between being reunited with their friend, welcoming their father home, or being polite and greeting the Jedi. With a glance at each other, Luke went toward the Jedi and offered his hand in a shake, while Leia joined her parents, giving the Lars family a moment of privacy to enjoy their reunion.

Later, when everyone had regained their composure somewhat, the group filed into the Lars home where Cliegg?s favorite meal was indeed bubbling away on the cooking unit. He inhaled deeply and smiled, and for the first time Beru and Owen got a good look at their son?s bruised face. Owen?s eyes flew to Anakin, who smiled sadly. ?He?s fine,? Anakin said softly. ?He?s got the strength of a bantha, that boy.? Owen hesitated and then gave one short nod. Later, he would get the details of his son?s ordeal, for now he would merely revel in his safety.

Beru insisted that everyone sit down and she and Padmé began serving up the stew. Cliegg dug into it with enthusiasm, his dusty, dirty face split by a wide grin. Luke, Leia, Cliegg and Shmi laughed and talked without pausing, adjusting and healing in that almost miraculous way that happy, beloved children seemed to have. Cliegg suffered his little sister?s kisses and she pronounced him ?All better!? after she was done. Luke laughed and pointed, so Leia gave him a loud, wet kiss on his cheek that had him blushing and wiping his face with the sleeve of his tunic.

When the children seemed fully occupied in their own conversations, Owen leaned over to Anakin and whispered. ?Is he all right? Really?? he asked anxiously.

Anakin glanced at the children and then turned to Owen. ?He?s fine, I promise. A little bruised up, dirty, and hungry, but otherwise he?s fine.? He smiled and patted the anxious father on the shoulder. ?He?s an incredible kid, Owen. You should be proud.? Anakin snorted softly. ?He even had the nerve to ask what too me so long.?

Obi-Wan nodded and joined in the conversation. ?The boy really is quite brave, you know,? he added.

Tru laughed and nudged Obi-Wan with his elbow. ?He?s something else, that?s for sure.? He winked at Owen. ?Better keep your eye on that boy; he?ll give you a run for your credits.?

Owen studied them all for a moment, as if trying to determine if they were being honest with him or just trying to alleviate his fears. Finally, he grinned and gave a sigh of relief. ?He?s a hellion, all right, but I put the blame for that squarely on Skywalker?s shoulders!?

?Hey!? Anakin protested, drawing the eyes of the women. Beru reached across
  26. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, great update! =D= I LOVED Cleigg's homecoming--Beru and Owen were just perfect. And Luke's decision--he is meant to be a Jedi, I think. Besides, there's probably a little red-headed Jedi who's life is just completely boring without him around. ;) [face_laugh]

I'm sad to see this story go; it's been wonderful! :D Can't wait for the last post!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.