main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Defenders of the A&P Love Story Reloaded (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthBreezy, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    If you only knew the power of the Spoiler Side!

2. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Ohhh, yeah, AnakinsLuv....I rather suspect that I am quite infamous around here for my, um, let's just say - passionately spoiler-free stance. ;) You could also say that I'm somewhat militant about it, taking it to extremes that most folks would probably never dream of, and that would also be true....I mean, there's being spoiler-free, and then there's *me*....more than once I've been told that I'm kinda in a league of my own on this one. :) *bashful acknowledging grin* Hey, I don't do things halfheartedly here, that's for sure....I mean, really, why do things halfway? If you're gonna do it, *really* do it....hard, fast, committed all the way....that's how I was always lookin' at it. Well, until last night, that is....eeep! Okay, to be fair, I've actually been wavering a bit back-and-forth on this for a week or two now....

Maybe it's knowing what everyone else has been excitedly privy to for a good long while now....maybe it's in having my hands covering my eyes and almost, *almost*, sneaking a peek through my fingers when I know there's some juicy little ROTS pic or tidbit on the screen, and the temptation to just give in to it is really almost more than can be borne....and I *know*, then, just how tantalizingly close I am to surrendering, succumbing....and of course, when it comes to the teaser trailer that's being shown tonight - well, obviously I'll be taping it, no question of that....but the issue is - to watch it or not! Because I can only be spoiler-free once, that's just the fact of the matter....and yet, and *yet*....there's this other, equally vociferous part of me that doesn't want to be left out of what everyone else is a part of, what you're all privy to! "I saw weird stuff in that place last night....weird, sick, twisted, godless, *evil* stuff - and I want in!" </Homer Simpson imitation>

heck, as it is - last night, even with that quicker-than-quick tantalizing snippet on AH, which I of course taped, natch - I was still almost peeking through my fingers....really couldn't help myself - I mean, I *did* try, but I'm honestly starting to wonder if my won't-power is so much stronger than my willpower....and I just....don't....*know*! *futilely tears at hair for a few moments* Why oh *why* did I ever vow to be spoiler-free....for AOTC, then for ROTS....*why* did I commit myself so voraciously and wholeheartedly to that particular path....*why*?! Aaaaaargh!

The Spoiler Side of the Force doth indeed draw me nearer....I can feel its irresistible pull....it's tantalizing me, beckoning to me....and of course, it's only stronger what with you guys egging me on. :D Yaaaaaaaaaargh, again!

Dawn.

3. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    Yeah, sorry about the egging on. :)

I really admire your control...that is very honorable and mature of you. I respect that and can relate, but not when it comes to SW!!!

Especially today ;) !

-AnakinsLuv

4. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Holy S#@%!! That trailer was AWESOME!! Anakin looks so evil in all his shots and Padme is crying in all of hers.

5. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    *hyperventilating until she faints* *thud* Ow! Do you know, I really think I might cave tonight....and that does scare me some....I mean, there's just no going back from that, it's sorta the point of no return....what do I doooooooooo? :) *anxiously fretting* I mean, heck, I *have* indeed already caved, and gave in to the teaser poster when it first came out....couldn't help it, I just cracked....so I don't know....

Dawn.

6. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Dawn, to be perfectly honest, the trailer doesn't show "plot" as it shows 1) it ties up the saga and 2) the movie will be "dark."

I've just seen it twice at starwars.com. OMG! OMG! OMG!!!

I'll let the smileys speak:

:eek: :eek: :eek: [face_worried] :( :_| :cool:

--MissPadme

7. The_Nameless_One

The_Nameless_One Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    I'm still crying - it's wonderful - Lucas is a genius - it's amazing.

8. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

WOW! That was intense! And forgive me, but DAMN Anakin is still hot!

9. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Argh! To think I have to wait till the 8th... [face_worried] *hurries over to the 3NS*

You see, Qui Dawn, you're not the only one caving in... ;)

10. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Really? Oh, good, just so long as I'm not alone in the lack of willpower.... ;) Maybe I just have to work myself up to it, is all....screwing up my courage, as it were....but I've already watched the first moments of it - you know the ones I mean....and my will is starting to crumble in earnest now....I can sense it happening - and to be honest, I don't feel nearly so bad about that as I might have otherwise thought. Tell you what....just reassure me that it doesn't give away any plottish stuff - keeping in mind just *how* totally, pristinely spoiler-free I am....remembering the extent that I've gone to with it, as well we all know - so considering all that, then, just tell me that it *is* in fact okay for me, specifically in this case, to watch it....to surrender....I think I need that extra bit o' reassurance.... :)

The Spoiler Side of the Force....officially quicker, easier, and *way* more seductive....I see it now! :D

Dawn.

11. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I just saw the trailer on TRL on MTV. That is all.

12. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    the teaser! OMG as already said. They did a great job of bridging. You can see it really sums it all up. This movie is going to be awsome and my excitement level just reached a new cloud level! I watched it right at 2pm ET with one of my students who came running in to my classroom to see it at the end of school. I have watched it a few times now and keep stopping it to see who is standing by the inferno. Any ideas?

13. darththunderbird

darththunderbird Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    Qui-Dawn.....give yourself to the spoiler side...it is pointless to resist

THE TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!! this definitely warrants an "OMG!!!111!!"

I have so much to say about it, but, to be respectfull for those of you spoiler-free people (you have amazing willpower), PM me if you want to discuss.

THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO ROCK!!!

I know its weird, but in a way im looking foreward to seeing anakin turn, because we'll get to see him use all that power that he has been keeping under control (well, has been trying to keep under control)...I can't wait to see him go all sithly,...'specially because hayden is so hawt when hes mad!

He doesnt look evil 'i hate you im gonna kill you' mad, though, he looks reluctently enraged 'you betrayed me i have to kill you' mad...poor guy

i still love the kissy scenes though!

-dtb

14. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    Man!!! I was going to be the first to comment about the trailer this morning, but I saw the "announcement" at the top of the boards and wasn't sure what I could or couldn't say...have been trying very hard to cleverly think of something all day that I could say to let you all know I had seen it, but not get in trouble for!! hahah!!! :p

Dang it!!!

Whatever...

Now, I can say what I wanted:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!! :_| :_| :_|

This movie looks like it is going to be better than we have been thinking it's going to be :D !!!

My lover becomes so evil!!!! [face_devil] [face_love] Those eyes...THOSE EYES!!!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

-AnakinsLuv

15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Just remember, on Monday you'll have to avert your eyes if you are even skipping trailers as they aren't considerd 'spoilers' then.

Having seen and saved said same, I can hardly wait till the 'ban' is lifted...

And I agree, "Kissy Kissy" = [face_love] [face_love] and "Sithula" made me nearly crap my pants in :eek:

Legal and FREE version of the trailer

Access Hollywood's website has it up.

16. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Just tell me this....nothing plot-wise given away, right? Nothing revealed that, knowing me and my stance on certain things, I undoubtedly wouldn't want to be knowing just yet....? Nothing that should really, truly, gravely be giving me pause here? C'mon....you give me the all-clear on this....and I think....come AH at 7:30 tonight....that I very well *will* do it. Yes, at last, I know.... :) Just offer me some reassurance here....and that *will* help a great deal, I promise you! :D

Dawn.

17. The_Nameless_One

Apr 21, 2002
    There's a shot of Sidious that MAY spoil you a little bit.

18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Lets see, nothing we haven't known for nearly 30 years....

and the Sithula moment doesn't give away a plot point but may induce nightmares.

19. The_Nameless_One

Apr 21, 2002
    What I mean is that for someone completely unspoiled, the Sidious shot in question may be a sort of spoiler.

20. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Let's see....what would we have known for thirty years or so that would be just as apparent and even shown, now, in the teaser trailer....'cause if it's that well-known enough, if it's only evident - and there's stuff that I've just been presuming all along anyway, so you know, it's not like that would necessarily be a huge deal....it's just that not knowing the specs, as it were, all's I've been doing is just idly speculating.... *shrugs* And....I will say that when I was setting up to tape the trailer on AH tonight (soon, *very* soon!) - I did happen to glimpse at least one quick - and we're talking lightning-fast here - moment or two from last night's promo....and, well, I do seem to be taking that well enough, so who knows, maybe that's a definite indication of something right there. :) And, look....what could there possibly be about Sidious that one doesn't already know, or at least, can't *guess* at....the guy is *eeeeeeevil*, for pity's sake! :D

Really, he's a Sith and he'll stop at nothing, and that's just common knowledge....and, really....if it's, let's say, something that was referred to in the OT novelizations or whatever - I mean, in context of info like *that*....I guess all's I'm trying to say here is - if it's already something widely-known enough....then there should be no reason to worry....right? :) *hopeful* And, yes....I'm fully aware that I'm just trying to psych myself up for it here. Wanna help? :D 'Cause methinks that I'm not gonna be violently objecting here!

Dawn.

21. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    And, hey, let's be honest here....for someone like me, who of course up to this point hasn't seen *anything* of ROTS - seeing something of it now *will* definitely be a new experience and then some....quite the dive into the pool, that's for sure!....but, really - watching this teaser doesn't automatically make me horrendously spoiled beyond all recovery, so that there's no way ROTS will ever surprise me....right? I mean, nothing like *that* is ever gonna happen, obviously....right? Because if, even after the teaser, it still totally knocks me right off my feet - which I *know* is gonna happen, without question, and what's more....I already also reckon that it should be knocking me clear into the theatre aisle and into the arms of waiting pals, who will of course have to carry me prone, insensate from the theatre - well, look, suffice it to say....if it ain't gonna bust the plot for me - if it's not gonna be givin' away the proverbial farm here....then that *is* a relief and reassurance! :)

I mean, look, as MissPadme said....if it really is more just a "mood thang"....however dark and ominous, obviously ;) - then that, I think, I should be able to handle....that much, at least, I can reconcile. :) Obviously won't be watching the webdocs 'n' such anytime soon....but that would be taking it to a whole 'nother level anyway, and one that I obviously might not be altogether prepared for just yet. Hey, the teaser in itself is a big step for me here! :)

Dawn.

22. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    *shaking*

*utterly incoherent*

Can't even type....can't manage a single *word*.... *trembling, crying* No, Ani, noooooooooooooooo!

*falls to the floor, in tears and overwhelmed*

Dawn.

23. Jedi_Jen

Jedi_Jen Jedi Master star 1

Nov 7, 2003
    Hey, Qui-Dawn, as a spoiler free gal myself, I say go for it! I watched it and it was awesome. I don't feel spoiled- just excited! I want to be spoiler free, but I do want to enjoy the ride.
    Oh those eyes!! :eek:

Edit: Smelling salts, anyone?

24. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Someone, *anyone*, hold me, please....I need a hug.... *in tears* No, Ani, *no*.... Why, *why* does this have to happen?! Why does it all have to go to....to.... *incoherent* All that pain and suffering and grief and loss, I already can't take it, I just can't....I'm not gonna *survive* this film, I just know it, I'm already a wreck!.... *clutching her Anakin figure for dear life*

Dawn.

25. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    *trembling, crying* No, Ani, noooooooooooooooo!

:_| :_| :_|

Have I mentioned how much I'm going to hate this movie? Ani... dang, dang, dang.

**joins Dawn in that hug**

(Oh, sure, my playlist picks NOW to play 'Across the Stars'... dance on my ripped out heart, whydontcha?)

Pretty/sweet shippy stuff, at least. [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.