main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Defenders of the A&P Love Story Reloaded (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthBreezy, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    thats cute... aww cute doggies.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Alright, so here's my Defender's Christmas card for this season, enjoy!

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/SW%20Images/AP%20Naboo%20Card%20Final%20800x600.jpg]

3. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    So, I guess you all ignoring me means you've already seen the pic in the Poster book. Merry Christmas.

4. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, I know I've certainly nosed a bit through the poster book, and I did come across that one pic of the two of them together....I love that it was the basis for that bit of artwork in the Struzan movie poster, too - one just doesn't see work like his out there anymore....it's so rare, alas, but also so marvellously creative....and a definite must-have, always. :) I'm sure that someone out there must have the book, and access to a scanner....though if I ever did, meself, well....I'd just never be getting off the computer then. ;)

Dawn.

5. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    After having a long argument with people I know about Anakin and Padme and how they are not a silly, hokey romance but a deep love story with feeling and depth and passion, I get on TF.N and I see this thread--obviously it is the will of the Force. ;) Mind if I join you?

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    SakuraTsukikage

Absolutely! We're always looking for new defenders around here! Pull up a chair and feel free to pontificate your love for the GFFA most tragic couple :)

Waheeny

Don't have the book, sorry.

7. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2005
    Well, I've just been printing about 25 pages of Anakin-goodness! But now I'm out of ink!

He's so bloody addictive, thank god for desiringhayden.net! I just want that Anakin standee so much, but I live in Holland, so they can't ship it!!

I just feel the urge to buy everyting that in any way is related to Star Wars/Anakin or something. I'm stalking Ebay in the meantime for standees.

I dream about Star Wars and Anakin [face_love] (which isn't a very bad thing-ofcourse), listen to Star Wars-music...

And his hair, lips, mouth, face and body are almost the only things I think about *lol*!

I think about him at work, my other collegues get annoyed [face_laugh], they all know me from my obsession about Star Wars.
    I was freaking out when I read that 'The Virgin Suicides' was that night on TV (I never say that movie before), and I knew Hayden Christensen was in it. I was like: gottA SEE THIS, GOTTA SEE THIS, Dont forget!! So I took the paper with me. Thay said:'' Oh, it must be about Star Wars.''
    And they were right! (In a indirect way as-always always)

I've taped the movie. But he has just a small role, but who cares? I just taped it anyhow, he looks sweet anyway!

I just want to order everything Star Wars, Hayden Christensen related. Keychains, autographs, poster, mugs, toys, dvds and ofcourse standees!!

Posted by an Anakin-lover, Stephanie [face_love]

8. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2005
    Never mind me, I'm having to 2 sites active.... wrong board. My apoligies for this *lol*!

9. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Oh now, babe, no apology necessary....for this is certainly as right a place for all the Anakin-worship as his own devoted thread itself....it really is all of a piece anyway. :) Lovin' the Love Story, absolutely, and lovin' Anakin....and lovin' Padme, of course, and hence very much lovin' them together....it just, you know - *fits*.... :)

And Sakura - well, now, you *know* that I'm so very tremendously glad that you're here....that you, too, have found us....others may not get the Love Story, but *we* do - we derive that meaningful, especial something from it - we know that it truly, deeply matters, and after all it *always* has been about love....the fulfilling, soul-satisfying, transcendent, exalting power of love....no better place to be for that, I reckon! :) So, yeah....by all means, please do pull up a cozy cushion, make yourself good and comfy....I'm *so* glad you're here, too! :)

Dawn. (gently encouraging everyone to read Sakura's amazing, beautiful, poignant, heart-wrenching, compelling and wonderful fic-in-progress....you'll certainly love it and then some, I promise you that!) :D

10. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] Why, thank you, Dawn. I don't think my writing has ever received such a glowing compliment.

I think everyone on this thread would like the new update on that fic I just posted.

11. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    *tears up again* Ohhh, yes, most certainly so, I can absolutely vouch for that!....*so* poignantly tender, heartfelt, beautiful, full of the utmost compassion and pure, healing, exalting *love*....utter faith and staunch, complete, total love....just proves all the more what pure, blessed good Padme really is for Anakin, absolutely - what good she does *for* him, as well, how it's this love which very much sustains and nurtures his very soul....and how when he's hurting or stricken in any way, she's there to heal him with her presence, her love....her acceptance and beautiful, tender devotion. Whenever he has need of her, she'll always be right there....definitely very much his angel, more and more, to be sure.... :) *sniffles* So, yeah....suffice it to say - definitely some very heartwrenching, poignant and wonderful stuff there, for sure and certain....*most* definitely right up our alley, in the very biggest of ways! :D Excellent, excellent....

And, hey - you *do* very much deserve the glowing compliments anyway....you deserve the kudos, ergo you get 'em....remember that, always. :) To quote a bit from "Moulin Rouge!", we only speak the truth 'ere, after all.... :D I mean, really, ficage like this - I think it's a pretty safe bet that we're just *so* all over that one....

Dawn.

12. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    I had the thought that the reason so many people complain about the love story is because it's so deep, affecting, and heartfelt. Though Han and Leia definitely had emotion and mutual tension, there romance was lighter, mostly just them snarking at each other ;). People weren't expecting that much emotion from what they had in their heads Star Wars was--so they complain about it.

13. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I finished the Dark Lord.. good read.. sad of course. I like how he has expressed the thoughts of Anakin/Vader. It gets into his head and the growing hatred.. thus his hardening to the darkness. He rationalizes much like anyone would do so in order to believe what he is doing is the right thing. The ending does leave the door open for another so I hope they do more.

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

Episode 3:

Character Anakin Skywalker

Coustume: Sleepless Knight -bare chested ANakin!!!=P~=P~=P~

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    LOL DB I actually voted for the "I'm pregnant Padme." We could use more Padme figures other than just the one from the choking scene [face_frustrated]

16. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    AP Defenders! [:D]

PLJ, I really love that Defender Christmas card! Thank you. :D

17. TragicLove

TragicLove Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2005
    Does anyone know who did the art in my icon? Nice Christmas card PLJ. I agree that we need more Padme figures, since she's such an important character in the saga and all. In fact, someone wrote to the latest Insider and asked why more Padme merchandise wasn't made. The response was that they just didn't sell well. It would be great if they started up the Portrait Edition series again, but it doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The problem is that nothing sold well in 1999 - Hasbro flooded the market w/ too much stuff in general.

Oh well - thank goodness for Sideshow taking over the 12" line.

Speaking of that - get your booties over to Sideshow NOW to pre-order their amazing 12" Anakin figure!

[image=http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/large/21191.jpg]

19. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Just a quick post before I go collapse on the couch and take a snooze. I've been sick for a few days but have gone to work anyway. [sarcasm]Yay, go me. [/sarcasm] :p

A friend of mine gave me an idea and I just ran w/it since I was feeling too icky to do my real work. :p

So enjoy...

[image=http://arriss.skywalkerjourney.com/photogallery/photo26003/A_Great_Jedi.jpg]

20. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    *is in fits of ecstasy and glee over the gorgeous 12-inch Sideshow Anakin* Oh, look at the magnificent, splendiferous, long-haired prettiness....look how irresistibly pretty....ooohhh, I can't wait for mine now! Thanks, Luv! :D *gleeful happy bouncing*

Dawn.

21. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Darned blasted double post.... *grumble* *growl* *grmph* Oh, well, I suppose to make it worthwhile....the thought occurs that now that Sideshow has done the 12-inch Anakin, and *what* a splendiferous specimen as it is, to be sure....well, what about that Sideshow Padme, then, eh? I'm thinking maybe Padme in her reunion outfit, to be sure, or of course the ethereal blue-silver pearled nightgown....or the blue number she wore later, when Anakin returned to her after the Temple siege....ah, what a plethora of excellent choices - can we petition them to do all of 'em, I wonder....? :D I know, I know....start small, I suppose, but hey....there are times when I strongly suspect that we collectors can be rather an impatient lot. ;) Hee!

Dawn.

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Beautiful wallpaper Arriss! :D

Dawn

Well the very first Padme will be the CLONE WARS snowbunny doll who won the EU poll, so we'll have to deal w/ the first one being in a white jumpsuit instead of one of her dozens of stunning gowns.

But, if she sells out as quickly as Luke and Ani (who I'm sure will sell out quickly...I've noticed a LOT of women saying they snatched him up ;) ) we should expect to see more Padme dolls done down the line.

For now I just received/won on ebay a Robert Tonner Kitty Collier 10" doll who I want to do up as Padme, customs alongside factory made dolls is a great way to expand the A/P shrine :D

23. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Love this too!

24. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    We-ell, now, I certainly like the thought of acquiring that Padme CW snowbunny doll too....I'm sure 'twill be great....and certainly all the Anakinses on my desk also heartily and eagerly approve of the idea. :D Aaahhhh, yes, like I need room to actually *see* the computer anyway....like working in a forest of growly purryness.... ;)
    Dawn.

25. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    That's a really nice pic of that dog there. :) I like dogs as much as I like the Love Story in AOTC, and ROTS. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.