main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Defenders of the A&P Love Story Reloaded (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthBreezy, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Hey where is ever one? This thread really fell of page one and big time. :(

2. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    that is a greaet wallpaper Arriss!! I have to save that one for my checks if it is ok with you.

The dogs in the middle frame are all gone but the ones on each side are fine and Kringa is lying in front. These are our closest family.
    I have not posted much since I have been quite busy trying to get ready for Christmas.
    I do hope that all of you have a joyous holiday of whatever kind you celebrate.

3. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I just love the new banner! what about Padme and Anakin in a winter scene?.. oops forgot it was all hot :). His smile could melt the snow and his anger the glaciers.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    LOL! I guess they didn't include them since they're not in winter clothes...oh well maybe next year they'll find their way there ;)

5. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002

Oh, does that give devilish ideas... But then so does
    that one... Mmmmm...

Glad you ladies enjoyed the latest pix I posted. :D I finally went to the doc and got put on some meds for this stupid cold. Hopefully it'll be gone soon. :)

And I also want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas (or whatever you happen to celebrate). [face_love] [:D]

6. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, at the very least, surely they could've included CW Anakin and Padme in the banner....though of course, I'm still very much of the opinion that as the Chosen One, and thus the heart and soul and very linchpin of the entire Saga - given the fact that, ultimately, it *does* all revolve around him - well, pure and simple then, Anakin at least should *always* be up there on the banner....it's the SW Saga, it's *his* story, his Hero's Journey....doesn't get much more clear-cut obvious than that, I reckon. :) Darned if anyone could explain, then, what they're possibly thinking - or *not*, in this case - to not have Anakin up there gracing the banner....and of course, by extension, because she *is* such an intrinsic, essential part of his life, to have Padme up there as well....okay, now, who do we have to talk to and-or harangue about that, in order to have them in their rightful place in banner-dom, anyway? ;)

But, yeah....I was certainly thinking that they could've had both and Padme and Anakin in their CW incarnations, up there on the banner....Padme in her snow-bunny outfit, of course, that's the very epitome of wintery-ness....and Anakin trekking around on the planet Nelvaan, well - it's snowy, it's cold and white, ergo it's wint'ry....which means that it just makes perfect sense, at least by my reckoning! See, this is clearly why they should be consulting us beforehand, when they're doing banner-switcherooing....we could set 'em right in a real hurry, I think. :D

Dawn.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Merry Christmas Defenders! No Anakin items under the tree for me, but oh well, I did manage to score one of Sideshow's exclusive 12" Anakins last week, so I'm happy ;)

8. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    Though I'm late for one day, happy Christmas to all Defenders. :)

His smile could melt the snow and his anger the glaciers.

So true. [face_love] :p

and Anakin trekking around on the planet Nelvaan, well - it's snowy, it's cold and white

Anakin is so hot in that episode, even as a cartoon. :p I've nevcer seen a cartoon character who has an underarm hair before. :p

9. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Hee hee! :D Well, while Genndy et al may have decided to do he whole tribal tattoo thing because, well, it's something they'd always wanted to do, someothing always very interesting to see on an animated character....we-ell, now, all the same, I just can't help but think that they threw the whole bare-chested thing in there as also a bit of an affectionate nod to we gleeful, giddy fangirls. ;) It's like that one jaw-dropping, breath-stealing, heart-palpitating scene in "Sith", basically from the time Anakin is jolted out of his nightmare all sweaty, breath-heaving and bare-chested....to then, of course, that tantalizing glimpse of him walking past frame, seeing ju-ust enough of his entire chest, his abs, oh, *everything*....and, yeah, on some level you've just gotta think that Uncle GL did that just for us....knowing that we'd love it so. :D Mmmmmmmm, yes, he certainly does know just how to take care of us....which is why I'm thinking that maybe we could say 'tis the same with the CW shorts as well. :D

It certainly tickles me immensely to think so, anyway..... :)

Dawn.

10. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    I was just having a conversation with my brother about that very thing--how it seems that in the prequels, especially, George put in a lot of stuff just for the fangirls and fanboys. We have a lot of wet Jedi, Padme in revealing clothing, Anakin in his see-through undershirt, and then in this last movie Anakin without any shirt on at all. Rather nice of him, when you think about it ;).

11. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    We-ell, now, clearly he knows what we like, to be sure....what we *reeeeeeally*, fawningly, insatiably like....though who knows, maybe his daughters or Rick's might've helped out in that regard.... *giggles* Remembering here how Mousy McCallum was trying to lay claim to the lifelike Ewan McGregor dummy from "Sith"....mmmmmm, yep, clearly we have kindred spirits in very high places. ;) Ha! And besides, in my experience at least, when we express our appreciation for such things....we *reeeeeeally* express it.... :D But, yeah, most definitely as you say....'tis all indeed really very nice of our GL....he always does know just what to do....and it's things like this which can only make one bow down to him in the most humble and sincere gratitude. Especially when it comes to certain moments....*profoundly* everlasting gratitude, actually.... ;)

Dawn.

12. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Yes, gratitude indeed. ;)

13. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    I think I'm going to cry. I've never felt more as though I'm smashing my head into the same proverbial brick wall, and all for naught.... Oh, help, I need a hug....

Dawn.

14. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I... hate to sound like a jerk... but I hope you are not complaining about either my TPM DF discussion or the mod warnings in the Anakin thread...

15. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    *fighting back tears* I'm just looking for a *hug*, that's all, a nice, caring, empathetic, friendly hug....because that usually does such good for me....just because I feel like I need it, is all.... Why are you doing this? Why do you automatically presume the worst or most nefarious motives on my part, when it's *nothing* of the sort, as far as I'm concerned? Why must you assume such things? *wipes away tears, trembling so that she can hardly speak* So, yes, in conclusion....really feelin' the need for a hug from my fellow Defender-folk, who always make me feel all warm and cozy and loved....

Dawn.

16. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    The mod warnings are a little...well...I don't know...I feel so offended.

Like my swooning is not worthy enough for your precious Forum...:_|

17. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Because it is getting out of hand.

18. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    Yes, we already understand that...

You have made that quite clear...

19. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Then stop talking back and do what you are told.

20. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    Strilo edit: I said stop.

21. Emperor_Crystal

Emperor_Crystal Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2005
    Wow...looks like we have gotten off topic...

22. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    How was everyone's Christmas? :)

I just got Anakin's EIII lightsaber (the limited edition) in the post. I am so excited. :D

23. Emperor_Crystal

Emperor_Crystal Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2005
    You should be. I saw the FX MACE WINDU LIGHTSABER and that was pretty cool. I can only imagine holding a Anakin Lightsaber...Was it really expensive? Or have the prices gone down?

24. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    [face_worried] It's a little chilly in here...

I have one of the early versions of Darth Vader's FX Lightsaber. The most excellent Father's Day present I've ever received. The Anakin Episode III or Luke Episode V would be a fitting addition to my collection. :)

25. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    This is the actual limited edition saber with that's to scale. I love it. Although it's not really exactly like the one that is given to Luke.

I just watched ROTS again today. I wanted to yell at the screen for Anakin and Padme to just leave and go back to Naboo as soon as the transport arrived on Coruscant. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.