main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Defenders of the A&P Love Story Reloaded (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthBreezy, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    That would have saved the galaxy, but it would have made for a very boring OT. :p

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    LOL! It's a ROTS invasion! :D

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    We ROTS folks have decided to get out more. Our forum is hot and lava filled, not like here. Everything here is cold, and smooth.

And Roland, you're right... then I wouldn't have Vader. [face_love]:p

4. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    As you know our blockade is perfectly legahl.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Uh...ok...

Well here's a little A/P mushiness (created by Moi) to celebrate the launch of the NEW YEAR in 3 days! :D

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/SW%20Images/AP%20Defenders%20New%20Year.jpg]

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Blockade???

No Blockade! I'm too tired and cranky to deal with teh blockcade (12 hours travel - 10 of it in the air surrounded by cranky kidlets- :_|)

*snuggles down with a few Jedi masters*

7. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Relax, guys. I'm just trying to convert Roland to mush. I don't think its working, though. :p The quote was Star Wars quote (Neimoidian - TPM). He and Sapient have this sickness. Any conversation must be turned into a quote fest in any thread we're in together.

Breezy, did you have snow at all in London? How was your trip?

8. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    [Nemoiden voice]Rhoo, you must try hah-dah! [/Neimoiden voice]

We had a snow at Heathrow on the last day [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/DarthBreezy/me2.jpg]

and if you look REAAAAAAAALY carefully, you'll see the robin in this piccy!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/DarthBreezy/robin.jpg]

9. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001

You lose your highness. I am a gunslinger like my father before me.

10. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    But I do have to admit that Anakin looks really Hot in RotS.

Especially after killing all the Separatists on Mustafar. I mean he was really sweating. You'd think Sidious would have thought to intall air conditioning.

11. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    He really was nice looking on Mustafar, I agree, Roland. :p

So tell us...how do you feel about Anakin and Padme? (And be nice... o_O)

I love that pic, PLJ. And the original: [image=http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/rplatan/IIIBl23.jpg]

12. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Anakin is the worst thing to ever happen to Padme. Once she falls for him and agrees to live a lie she rejects everything that she stands for.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ohhhh I hadn't seen that picture before! Will have to download it at home and add it to my library ;)

Roland

Give in to the mush side.....you'll find lots of girls waiting over there to fawn all over you for being sincere, being aware of your emotions, and find YOU hot [face_batting] ;)

14. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001

Two out of three ain't half bad. ;)

I said he was bad for her, I didn't say I didn't understand, or appreciate their relationship. I believe that they truly loved each other, but the circumstances they found themselves in, and the contrivances of people around them left them with only two difficult paths.

To come out in the open with their marriage and be forced to leave their lives as Jedi and Senator behind would have been acceptable if not for the war. Both Anakin and Padme felt the need for their services, and the call to duty outweighed (to a degree) being open and honest with those around them.

Living a lie, as they ultimately choose to do did indeed destroy their lives. Anakin's desperation at Padme's impending pregnancy had everything to do with his feeling pressured to make rash decisions and do something NOW rather than allow himself to think of the consequences.

15. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Ohhhh! I see cracks in Roland's armour![face_love]

16. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I think every man secretly believes that he's not good enough for his wife. We live in quiet fear of the day when she'll wake up and realize it for herself.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    ^ Well you know, ask any of a man's wives friends, and they most likely will completely agree w/him ;) :p

There's an interesting thread over in the ROTS forum hereit talks about a new possible definition for Amidala:

Amidala is very similar to the word amygdala, a structure in the brain that controls emotions.

1. An almond-shaped neuro structure involved in producing and responding to nonverbal signs of anger, avoidance, defensiveness, and fear. 2. A small mass of gray matter that inspires aversive cues, such as the freeze reaction, sweaty palms, and the tense-mouth display. 3. A primeval arousal center, originating in early fishes, which is central to the expression of negative emotions in man.

Usage: Many gestures reflect the amygdala's turmoil. In an anxious meeting, e.g., we may unconsciously flex our arms, lean away, or angle away from colleagues who upset us. Lip, neck, and shoulder muscles may tense as the amygdala activates brain-stem circuits designed to produce protective facial expressions (see, e.g., TENSE-MOUTH) and protective postures (see, e.g., BOW and CROUCH). The amygdala also prompts releases of adrenaline and other hormones into the blood stream, thus stepping-up an avoider's response and disrupting the control of rational thought.

How fascinating is that????

18. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    PLJ; wonderful pic. :)

19. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Anakin is the worst thing to ever happen to Padme. Once she falls for him and agrees to live a lie she rejects everything that she stands for.

Preach it, Roland! AOTC is proof of this, the whole movie.

But I do have to admit that Anakin looks really Hot in RotS. Especially after killing all the Separatists on Mustafar. I mean he was really sweating. You'd think Sidious would have thought to intall air conditioning.

LOL! [face_laugh] Somebody make this guy a mod! Oh... wait :p

20. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Sweating Anakin = =P~

So Roland may convert, hmmm? You've got a hard charger there w/Rhonda - she doesn't give up. She'll have you begging for mercy. :D :D

Very nice pix, PLJ!!!

21. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Careful there..apparently this is only a MOD page now.

22. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Truer words, I suspect, were never spoken....

I noticed that the third book in that "Dark Nest" trilogy was out, although having heard nothing as to any possible Anakin/Padme content, e.g. insofar as it would relate to Luke trying to find out more about them, via R2....and I did casually, quickly flip through it, keeping my eyes proverbially peeled for any mention of Anakin and Padme. What it seems I did find, instead, was something *not* exactly respectful, understanding or empathetic of their relationship and their love....in other words, far as I can tell with the part I glanced through, Luke was no closer to actually understanding the good man his father indeed was, and moreover, also how Anakin and Padme *were* very much, truly, deeply in love....and what they created out of that love. It seemed to me, instead, that the slant of it there was a little....negative, indeed....really quite unfortunate to see such an interpretation of it coming from an EUthor. Par for the course, maybe, from what we've already seen, but dismaying just the same.

Maybe it truly just goes to show all the more why we should keep Anakin and Padme safely well-distanced from all EUthors, at least until the latter prove that they can actually grasp the Love Story for what it really is....namely, *love*.... Indeed, perhaps we're only that much better served by continuing to nurture them in the realm of fanfic, the best of which *we* all have certainly proven ourselves most adeptly capable of. They are truly in the safest hands possible with us.... That, I resolutely believe, apparently more than ever now.

Dawn. (still nursing bruises and just trying to distract herself with "Clones")

23. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    :confused:

Meh, I'm too Old and confused I guess...

As for the "Dark Nest" A/P thing... from what I've heard it's more of the EUsual abuse, so I for one will give it a miss.

24. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused. :confused:

25. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/virtualedition/episode-ii/pics/ve_coruscant_club_obiwan_anakin.jpg]
    Moderator business. Go back to your drinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.