main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Defenders of the A&P Love Story Reloaded (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthBreezy, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    I actually know of no other actor who can convey a whole world of emotion - such a litany of pain and suffering, grief and blistering rage one moment....then a sweet vulnerablity, boyish innocence, love and light the very next....I've never seen anyone else who can do what Hayden does - he has a remarkable, innate gift for it - to translate shifting emotions into the merest of flickering glances, smallest of quirking smiles or the tiniest of gestures....even in the slightest little tilt of his head - it's an awesome thing, to witness such intrinsic talent....because to be able to convey such powerful emotions, so simply and effortlessly - that is a greater gift than most actors can ever hope to aspire to. No one else has it....*he* does. He has something that all the rest of them lack....and talk about putting him in a class truly unto himself! Blows everyone else right out of the water and several oceans over, he does! :D

I remember someone else saying that in pictures, like from photo shoots, for instance - he absolutely *commands* the camera....stares into it, even through it, with such intensity that it seems as though he can practically set the thing ablaze with the sheer magnetic power of his gaze. His eyes just speak so many volumes, truly....so, *so* much to say, with but the power and command of his gaze....and I'll tell you this, too, he looks at me *any* way, really, and I am entirely under his thrall....wholly and blissfully at his command....and he could absolutely do anything that he wished with me. With but a single glance, I would be his....for that matter....I already am. ;)

Dawn.

2. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Here is an interesting question for the rest of the women on this thread. How many times have you looked at a picture of Hayden that you have as a screen saver or wallpaper, or in magazine, where ever and just been glued to it, not able to take your eyes away for a while? As if he had you hypnotized or under a spell just looking at his eyes, drawn into him?

3. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Hello guys! I'm very glad to be here again...:D

Wow, I'm away for... well, a long time, and here it is, a brand new thread for us the Defenders! :)

I didn't have the time to catch up with everything from the old thread but I was a Buffy/Angel fan too. In fact, my favorite seasons were the 2nd, 3rd and 5th I guess. I just hated the 6th one and the 7th was watchable. THe only things I really liked though were all the SW references. I especially loved the Halloween episode when Willow comments on two persons disguised as Luke and Leia, dancing very close to one another, saying something like "Do they know they're brother and sister"? That one had me ROTFL... [face_laugh]

Anyway, I don't know if you already talked about it but the last webdoc sure revealed a lot... even a part of the film with our couple as George looked on. But anyway, as for Natalie acting better in ROTS (even if that's debatable because I liked her acting in AOTC) I do think we're going to see more emotions this time around. DOn't forget they're married now, no need to petend anymore for Padmé...

Anyway, I 'm glad to be back! :D

EDIT: As for Hayden, yes it's his eyes *swoons* The other actor that gets the words "hot" in my mind is George Clooney... Both are just... =P~

4. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Good to see you too, a_g. :) Hey there leia_naberrie - long time no see! :)

A complete WORD to all of MissPadme's post. :D

Though for me, it wasn't the look he gave Padme in her apartment that turns me to goo - it's the one he gives her right at the end of the fireplace scene. Whenever my sister and I watch it, dang. =P~ In Padme's place I probably would have melted right there in that corset, and my sister, ever the unrestrained, would have outright jumped him. [face_laugh]

(I've always enjoyed the fireplace scene, by and large. It's dark and moody and the sexual tension in the scene is just palpable. :D The dialogue almost becomes secondary - it's about the body language between them, although the scene's also key in showing how devoted and genuine he is in his feelings for her.)

my opinions of him as a person are formed by what I've seen in person, in interviews, etc. as well as what people who have met him have said about him.

He puts across an extremely classy public face, for sure - he seems genuinely nice and thoughtful, someone who's very serious about his craft. Even if I didn't enjoy his performances, I'd still respect and admire his obvious dedication to acting. He's maintained a positive attitude about the SW experience, and he obviously very much enjoyed it, despite being trashed for his part in it.

you will see a lot more of Anakin's sensuality in ROTS as his feelings and emotions tend more toward the dark side. He will become more seductive in his body language and actions, where they will be both fear-inducing, powerful, and sensual at the same time. The classic trio that all men strive for.

I agree, and I don't think we females will mind that terribly much, either. ;) I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him really come into his own in RotS - I've heard it said elsewhere that this was the film Hayden was really cast for, anyway.

Far as other actors and sensuality - I agree that in terms of LotR, Viggo wasn't particularly sensual because the Aragorn character himself is very emotionally restrained. (Still sexy, though. ;)) For me, the first actor who comes to mind when I think of someone who exudes sensuality is James Marsters (Spike) on the latter seasons of Buffy. He's part of why I eventually grew to like the Buffy/Spike storyline - the sheer intensity in the way he would look at her, act toward her. (The gaze doesn't turn me to quite the goo pile that Anakin does, but is still very powerful.) Very forward about his interest in her, yet still managing to restrain somewhat out of respect for her. He's already a dark character, and is very conflicted by love for her he knows he shouldn't feel. In every scene with Buffy, you could see in almost every move he made how much he desired her. Heck, even in some of his scenes without Buffy, he's still radiating sensuality.

Was flipping through the new junior novelizations of the OT at B&N last night (no intention of buying, just seeing if there were any interesting prequel references), and was pleasantly surprised to come across a P/A moment in RotJ. When Vader's watching Palpatine attack Luke, all these repressed memories of past things like Qui-Gon and Shmi surface, and then the most painful and repressed memory of all: Padme, and her "undying love" for him. And it's this that finally breaks him into deciding that he can't let their son die. Pity the novelizations didn't seem to be terribly well-written, but it was nice to have a quasi-official source saying it was Padme that was his turning point in that moment. [face_love]

(Semi O-T: I can't stop reading your signature, AnakinsLuv - that's one of the very few bits I enjoy in the AotC novelization!)

5. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Hmm, I haven't read my kiddie OT novelizations yet. I'll have to look up that scene [face_love].

--MissPadme

6. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Ooooh, and I hadn't seen the junior OT novelizations anywhere yet....don't know how I missed those, but thanks oodles for the head's-up, for sure - I will *so* be checkin' those out tomorrow.... :D Total coolness, that's for sure.... Of course, I've very much enjoyed the junior novelizations of both TPM and AOTC - they're perfectly good, both of 'em, a genuinely decent read....and they make a great companion piece to the other, regular novelizations as well. :)

Dawn.

7. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    No prob, Dawn. :)

TPM and AOTC - they're perfectly good, both of 'em, a genuinely decent read....and they make a great companion piece to the other, regular novelizations as well.

I agree - and in the case of AotC, the juvy novel's actually better! ;) (I adore the adult TPM novelization; it's the only SW novelization I've read multiple times.) Shame we have to go to the kiddie version to get more than a few drab-dry descriptive sentences about our couple's wedding... sheesh.

I admit RotJ was the one I flipped through the most, as I was short on time (found an interesting Angel essay collection to read, heh) as that was the one most likely to have any interesting Ani insights. I only glanced through the beginning of ANH - which didn't have much except Obi-Wan remarking how Leia's 'grown into a remarkable young woman' - and didn't look through ESB at all; I'll have to go through those later. I was kind of disappointed in how Anakin's death was handled in this juvy version; unbelievably cut and dry. But given how beautiful it is in the original adult version and that I was still kind of going 'Yay! Important Padme mention!' from the earlier bit, I wasn't too disappointed. [face_love]

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Yay! New digs. :D

Oooh, I may have to go check out the juvy versions of the novelizations. [face_love] Did they mention Padme by name, Alderaan?

I think that is one reason why I'm so pumped about the Anakin - Clone Wars novel that comes out Tuesday (Jedi Trial), even though it has a lot of battles and is about Anakin passing his trials, the part that hooked me was that in it he writes a letter to Padme! [face_love] [face_love]

9. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Yikes! That's coming out Tuesday - as in *this* Tuesday? I'd had no idea....oh man, that one really snuck up on me, didn't it? :) I am just *so* sold on the idea of this one....that it's of course Anakin-centric is the biggest selling point of all, and naturally, for that reason alone would I be all over it. ;) I hadn't realized, however, that as you say, rhonderoo - even a little Padme moment in there too....a little secret love-letter....okay, that's it, I am *so* there now....definitely not gonna miss this one for *anything*! Thanks so much for the head's-up on this one, too....hm, it's pobably never too early to start pestering the downtown bookstores about it....and who knows but what they may get to know me *very* well here. :D

Dawn.

10. MissPadme

Jul 9, 1998
    I'm looking forward to Jedi Trial myself. A letter, eh? Is it a dirty one [face_devil]?

Dawn, as far as I know only the ROTJ juvy novel mentions Padmé by name.

Speaking of excuses to spend money, you all have to go to your local Hot Topic. They have a ton of great SW stuff there, like t-shirts, trucker hats, wristbands, pins, those cool little Bust-Ups from Gentle Giant, stickers, and car decals. It is all OT stuff, designed to tie in with the DVDs, but hopefully by next summer they'll have loads of ROTS stuff as well. HT has always had SW t-shirts from time to time but it's gone fangirly as of late with LOTR, POTC, and Harry Potter merchandise as well. It's plus size sister store Torrid has some some stuff too.

--MissPadme

11. DarkPadme

DarkPadme Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2004
    Hell-o, my friends! It's Halloween time again and therefore my dark persona has returned. Mwahahahaha!

I can't wait to read Jedi Trial myself because the EU just can't resist showing my man's dark and sexy side. Grrrowl! He is so hawt when he is sooo baaad.

Hot Topic is a little poseur corporate chain but not even I could resist their gothy lingerie or their Vader merchandise.

When are they going to put up the Halloween icons anyway?

--DarkPadme

12. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    To put "gothic lingerie" and then Vader in the very same sentence....you are simply *slaying* me here.... ;) *harbouring all sorts of salacious notions*

Dawn.

13. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Rhonderoo - Call me A21 (or Aeryn, since Lady Aeryn's what I typically go by). :) And yes, the RotJ juvy novel mentions Padme by name.

Oh, I'd almost forgotten about Jedi Trial (:eek:) - so he writes a letter to Padme? Woohoo! [face_love] At the very least, I'm going to flip through it at B&N. And hope the library gets it soon... I can't afford it, dangit. *grumbles at unemployment*

He is so hawt when he is sooo baaad.

That he is. That he definitely is. =P~

Was at the mall tonight and couldn't help browsing through the ornaments at Hallmark, looking for the Anakin ornament - and I found him. Dang, I wanted it. I'm definitely going to have to look on Ebay and see if I can find a cheaper one there, as well as last year's Padme. Can't have him lonely, after all. [face_mischief]

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Is it just me or are you all not seeing icons? ?[face_plain]

Ok- so obviously we all adore Hayden as Anakin - but IF for some reason he hadn't been available for the part - who would/could you see as Anakin?

My choice:

Did anyone ever watch "Dark Angel?" Long before DA, I knew of the wonders of young Jensen Ackles aka Alec on the show - as he got his big break playing Eric Brady on "Days of our Lives." (Yes, I know- I'm a soap-geekette! :p )

But I have to say that had Hayden not been available, I firmly believe that Jensen could've pulled off Anakin. He's tall, got a sultry, deep voice, and is mighty hot. His eyes are brown, but he can pull off those sexy little smiles as well as Hayden. I just watched an episode of him running around in a nice suit wearing glasses and I have to say, he's as nice eye candy as Hayden. Why I forget this I'll never know.

Here's a link to piccies in case you don't know who he is - he's on "Smallville" now apparently, guess I'll have to start watching it :p

Clicky!

15. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Aha! I know you from The Anakin Skywalker Homepage, Aeryn! :)

What is up with the emoticons and icons??? [face_plain]

I bought those juvy novels tonight, after leafing through to the end of the ROTJ and seeing Padme's name. It is written as the memory/thought that triggers Vader to pick Palps up, as it is their baby that is lying there... :_|

Yep, on the Lit boards, someone who has read the book Jedi Trial says he writes a letter to Padme in it. [face_love]

EDIT: I've checked out the SW stuff at Hot Topic, and proudly sport my Vader "Whose Your Daddy?" keychain right now!!!

16. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    (Semi O-T: I can't stop reading your signature, AnakinsLuv - that's one of the very few bits I enjoy in the AotC novelization!)

Hey A21 ! Yes, that is one of my ultimate favorite parts of the AotC novelization...the image it creates in my mind as well as the foreshadowing of things to come... [face_love]

Whoopee!! I'm so glad that Padme is mentioned in the j.novelization...will have to pick that one up! I've always thought his mind would go to her in the moments of his redemption...heck, I've written it ;) !

It is written as the memory/thought that triggers Vader to pick Palps up, as it is their baby that is lying there...

:_| :_| :_|

I love "DarkPadme" MissPadme !! [face_laugh]
    They do Halloween icons here? :eek: [face_mischief]

How many times have you looked at a picture of Hayden that you have as a screen saver or wallpaper, or in magazine, where ever and just been glued to it, not able to take your eyes away for a while? As if he had you hypnotized or under a spell just looking at his eyes, drawn into him?

Oh, yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!
    Your desciption there is exactly how I would describe the way I feel when I see a pic of him, of his *enchanting* eyes...it's weird, when I look at him I feel as if I KNOW him...something like that. (Maybe we knew each other in a different life...a different galaxy [face_mischief] [face_love] )

He truly knows how to work magic.

-AnakinsLuv

17. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Those eyes have it all and can 'hold' yours glued to him!
    How could someone have read Jedi Trial already? It comes out Tuesday?

18. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    A lot of time people are asked to review a book for the bookstore they work for or small newspapers, book newspapers, etc. OR, Wal-Mart or Borders just put them out early. *sigh* Never in my case though... :(

19. MissPadme

Jul 9, 1998
    Right, some stores break street date and put the books out as soon as they receive them. Stores generally receive merchandise days, if not weeks, before their official release date. They're not supposed to break street dates but sometimes it happens by mistake.

In any case it's just a couple more days.

--MissPadme

20. SithArriss

SithArriss Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    PLJ ? But I have to say that had Hayden not been available, I firmly believe that Jensen could've pulled off Anakin.

Oooo, I never thought of him as Anakin? =P~ He is a hottie though! I used to faithfully watch ?Dark Angel? and was plenty POed when the plug got pulled. :mad: Although I?m so used to Hayden now that I don?t think any other actor could fill Anakin/Vader?s shoes.

My ?Jedi Trial? is in the mail. I ordered it from a club and I can?t wait to get my hands on it!!

I absolutely loooove Halloween (aka Samhain to some of us) so I guess I better post w/my alter ego. ;)

That is one *gulp* scary pix of Anakin on the JC :eek:

21. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    I don't see icons either, PLJ - I'd been wondering if it was just me.

Aha! I know you from The Anakin Skywalker Homepage, Aeryn! :)

Yuppers, rhon. :D Small world.

Thanks for the PMs, AnakinsLuv - I'll have to check that story out. :)

How many times have you looked at a picture of Hayden that you have as a screen saver or wallpaper, or in magazine, where ever and just been glued to it, not able to take your eyes away for a while? As if he had you hypnotized or under a spell just looking at his eyes, drawn into him?

Are you kidding? Every time I update my site! [face_laugh] (Running a site with a gazillion Ani pics is such a trial, hehe.) Back when AotC came out, this shot was a big one for me. So soulful there. And, well, pretty.

I've checked out the SW stuff at Hot Topic, and proudly sport my Vader "Whose Your Daddy?" keychain right now!!!

*envious* There's so much SW stuff now I suddenly have the desire to buy... why is it only when I have less money that I find more and more out there to buy? ;) Right now at the top of the list are the P/A ornaments I found on Ebay... I'm *thisclose* to just saying the heck with it and snagging 'em.

22. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    We-ell....I asked around a few places this weekend, about "Jedi Trial" - actually thought that Chapters here in town might at least have it stocked in back - i.e., not yet put out on the shelves, but as the gal explained it to me, sometimes they may still have stuff like that in back....already shipped, if not yet ready to be sold, that is....so of course, that in itself did get my hopes up somewhat....if ultimately in vain, though. :( Ah, *drat*! Yeah, okay, I know that it may be only a few more days, but still....I was mildly vexed, just the same. On the other hand....it turns out that the best deal for it might very well be online, via chapters.indigo.ca....just have to come up with something else to bring the total past $35 or so, at which point the shipping would be free, and then it'd be all good and copasetic. :)

Don't know if I'm liable to find a better deal on it anywhere here in town, either....one other place I checked at told me that evne though they couldn't pinpoint precisely when they'd have it in (*blast*!), they did say that it would be by the end of the month....so in itself it's obviously a good thing that they're not saying I could be waiting on this one until even sometime in November....because, you know....that would, of course, be grounds for mutiny and open rebellion. ;) Still, yeah, you can be quite sure that I'll be checkin' in at Chapters, at the very least, if not elsewhere, every single day this week....until "Jedi Trial" has finally arrived....they'll be seeing a lot of me until then, I made that quite clear. :D

On the upside of things this weekend....not only did I come across absolutely *the* most adorable little Galactic Heroes figures - anyone else seen these around? Oh my word, they're just *so* cute....and of course, Padme and Anakin are packaged up together in one....and that is *so* seriously a must-have, as I reckon it....I mean, really - there is of course just no resisting something that adorably perfect. :) And what's more....I finally found a good deal on all the Jedi Quest books that I've been missing out on....the vast majority of 'em at a used bookstore here in town, and it's a darn good deal....and I, of course, am not gonna be waiting on those one bit. Don't want 'em escaping my eager, glad grasp, that's for sure.... :D *snatch snatch*

On the whole, though, you know....even with the fact that we don't have this Hot Topic store that I gather you guys do - and incidentally, *drat*, too, on that score! - I do believe that this weekend turned out to be satisfactory, encouraging enough....all these loverly appealing, impossible-to-resist goodies....all the wonderful must-haves....mmmmmm....what an absolutely heavenly way to be geeking out here. :)

Dawn.

23. DarkPadme

DarkPadme Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2004
    I just saw the new JC background...my Anakin looks so sinister and so sexy [face_love]. Just the way I love him.

Alderaan21, wait until they make an Evil!Anakin ornament. This one is cute but that was when he was all pure and virginal, before I deflowered his beautiful bod...hmm, unless you hang a Tusken Raider ornament right next to it. Hahahahaha!

Dawn, you can find some of this stuff online at hottopic.com. Go ahead, blow your money. It's not like you need it or anything.

Listen, if you find out someone has a stash of SW novels in the back and they give you some lame excuse like, "Oh, it's not supposed to be out yet," do the old Force choke until the lackey relents, faints, or dies. Most stores have no clue what customer service means anymore, and it's time consumers taught 'em a lesson.

--DarkPadme

24. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    Gotta get down with all of this evilness to celebrate Halloween!! Changed my icon to a much "darker" pic!! [face_devil]

Oh woman, DarkPadme ! You crack me up!!! [face_laugh]

Dawn - I've had those cute little Galactic Heroes A/P figures on top of my computer for the last month or so....they are really cute and they are sitting inbetween my Anakin and Padme "Secret Ceremony" action figures! [face_love] Once I got my figures up on the computer and my "Sleepless Knight" pic for my desktop I feel like a true SW geek now!! :-B

I'm glad you were able to find those cutie-patootie figures!!

Side note here: Does anyone have any idea why "Secret Ceremony" Anakin has a lightsaber with blast effect?? :confused: Doesn't make sense...I mean Padme at least has some flowers for her accessory, not that she had them in the movie, but still.... Anyway, I think it's pretty funny [face_laugh] ...I don't remember him having to use his lightsaber during that scene...

...oh, no, wait...

it was his other one :p

[face_laugh] okay....I officially have the tired jollies!! Took a well-needed nap today and now I can't go to sleep...now I am up posting messages and craking myself up!!

Everyone goes to bed early around here... [face_tired]

I-) ni-night...

-AnakinsLuv

25. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I love that pic. That was from the cover of Entertainment Weekly four years ago. Natalie looks so sexy! I think will respond more to A/P once the full tragedy of their relationship hits. Usually love stories are more poignant to people when it ends very badly. Then they look back on the "flowery, mushy" parts of the romance with more fondness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.