main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Defenders of the A&P Love Story Reloaded (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthBreezy, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I think they did well with Anakin's characterization as well. As one mentioned earlier, he doesn't come off bratty or immature at all. He seems very much in control and ready to become a full Jedi and take on the responsibilties that entails. And it sets things up nicely with his character in regards to what's going to happen in ROTS. Though I'm sure this book won't cause much fuss over on the 3SA boards, this book does highlight some problems with MANY of their theories over there...which gives me more than a slight smile.

Interesting that you should say that...

I thought exactly the same thing when I read it. In the Literature forum, someone said they had to consult with Lucas and a couple of scenes (the heroic ones at that) had to be altered because it was too close to what George was doing with him in ROTS. [face_mischief]

You're right, his characterization in this book does nothing to further the speculation on Anakin's state of mind in ROTS, especially the beginning of the movie, that the rabid fanboys and fangirls with bloodlust are so sure is the truth.

2. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    ROTS pictures - Anakin

You guys have GOT to go here!!! New pics! One at the same place "the kiss" takes place!!! [face_love]

Anakin has grown up!

3. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I have noticed that AOL has been putting the EP3 goodies on the welcome screen and now showing all the webdocs. I guess they made a deal with GL on pushing the movie. The pictures would not load just now so I will have to return for enjoyment at a later time! More pics for my Anakin collection :*

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ok that last one certainly makes it so you can tell that Hayden worked out for this film - he's very nicely filled out in that uniform. ROWR! [face_love]

5. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    And what is the one that bridges all the romances including Padme and Anakin? For some reason the title is stuck somewhere in the corner of my brain ...?

AnakinsLuv - Secrets of the Jedi is the name of it, by Jude Watson, who did the Jedi Quest series, and I think it comes out next March. But seeing as Watson, despite Anakin's repeat proclamations about how often he thought of Padme, has managed to have Ani think of her only twice in the entire JQ series :rolleyes:, I've got reservations as to how well she'll actually handle P/A on a mission together. Crossing my fingers, though.

Though I'm sure this book won't cause much fuss over on the 3SA boards, this book does highlight some problems with MANY of their theories over there...which gives me more than a slight smile.

Not exactly heartbroken over that myself. ;) That's very interesting to hear. I'm headed out to B&N now to look for it and hopefully get a little bit of reading done; it'll be nice to finally see what you guys are all so happy about, hehe.

That new picture... **thuds**

I already saw it thanks to someone on LiveJournal - but it's no less [face_love] =P~. I must have stared at it for a good couple of minutes. After which I immediately wallpapered it, and my desktop is very happy right now. ;) (It's here, if anyone wants it.) Handsome really doesn't work to describe him there - that's straight-up beautiful. If I were Padme... [face_mischief] No wonder she lays one on him in that scene. (I find it hard to believe that I actually wasn't all that thrilled with the long hair at first, too...)

6. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    As for those new pics...especially the one where he's looking out the window =P~ [face_love]...hot damn! Alderaan21 is right, he is straight up beautiful in that shot.

I think there are those who forget Anakin was good at one point of his life, that there was a soul in there worth saving, and his fall wasn't inevitable. In my estimation, Anakin has to be at the highest point of being a Jedi and a man because it makes his fall that much more tragic and meaningful. Would anyone have remembered the fable about Icarus had he only fallen three feet into the water?

--MissPadme

7. MissPadme

Jul 9, 1998
    I just saw another new Anakin picture, this one from the British fan club magazine. [face_love]

Check it out here.

--MissPadme

8. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    damn!! He really makes that uniform look good!!

9. SithArriss

SithArriss Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    =P~ over Anakin pix

10. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I missed it. Can anyone email it?

edit: Nevermind - I got that one today. :)

11. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Not sure if anyone has seen a pic of Anakin from the UK insider. If anyone interested I can pm it. Must warn you, for a female could be bad for health :p

Edit: Nevermind. It can be found easily and to think I could surprise anyone here. 8-}

12. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Loving all the new Ani pics! This has just been a good week overall for Ani fans, eh? :)

In my estimation, Anakin has to be at the highest point of being a Jedi and a man because it makes his fall that much more tragic and meaningful. Would anyone have remembered the fable about Icarus had he only fallen three feet into the water?

Agreed - after all, look at where Anakin is in RotS. He's a great and famous war hero, a celebrated Jedi Knight. He's married to the woman he's loved more than half his life and is about to become a father. He really does have everything - and by the end of the movie all of it will be gone.
    Ouch. :mad: :_|

The Anakin in these pics is definitely the "striking and grand" figure he remembers in the RotJ novelization - it was always a given to me that in addition to being a tragic character Anakin would have to be physically beautiful (and how! [face_love]), since it makes the ugliness of his transformation even more palpable. And I daresay he looks more beautiful now than he did in AotC, which of course just makes it more painful.

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    The Anakin in these pics is definitely the "striking and grand" figure he remembers in the RotJ novelization - it was always a given to me that in addition to being a tragic character Anakin would have to be physically beautiful (and how! ), since it makes the ugliness of his transformation even more palpable. And I daresay he looks more beautiful now than he did in AotC, which of course just makes it more painful.

True, Aeryn. I always knew that when he was young, he would have been more than handsome. He would have been beautiful.

Just the way he carries himself as Darth Vader lets you know he had the charisma of a war hero. That passage in the ROTJ novelization has always struck me, because it was tragic that he lost everything, right down to his physical beauty. George certainly is making sure we see the "striking and grand" Anakin.

I remember when TPM came out, everyone was all excited because Ewan was Obi and he was going to be good looking. As much I like Ewan (I really can't say the same for Obi most of the time, but that's for another thread.. ;)), I knew whoever ended up playing Anakin had to have more than just the "cute" factor or "handsome". It had to be someone who was so physically striking and beautiful (We do keep coming back to that word don't we??? [face_batting] )that it hurt to think of him being messed up.

George didn't let us down. The first time I saw Hayden, I was like "Wow". [face_hypnotized]

14. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Oh, oh, *oh*....I just can't bear the thought of what will happen to Ani's beautiful face, his gorgeous body, every perfect inch of him....just to look at him now, how he only becomes more striking and grand and entirely *magnificent* with each passing moment....but then to realize what ultimate fate is going to befall him, and how we know and love him now, it's just....oh, it's totally shattering my heart here. Honestly, I don't know how I'm going to survive ROTS! They're gonna have to carry me out on a stretcher, I swear! :_|

I know we all keep saying it, and of course, it just keeps right on being true....that this movie is going to kill us....putting us right through the emotional wringer and back again.... Why, oh, *why*? Yes, okay, I know that it has to happen, this is of course just the way of things....an inevitability, one might say....but *still*....what I would give to change it, make it all unfold any other way - just to have our happy ending! *sob*

Just over seven months to go and I'm already....well, you know....about the whole thing....someone remind me again how I'll be possibly, remotely, expected to function in *any* way after ROTS?

Dawn.

15. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    I just saw another new Anakin picture, this one from the British fan club magazine.

Check it out here.

Drat! It's been taken down. :(

True, Aeryn. I always knew that when he was young, he would have been more than handsome. He would have been beautiful.

I agree.

I've long thought that Anakin and Luke both look like angels, but different kinds of angels. Luke looks like an archangel (Michael or Gabriel). Anakin looks like a cherub.

16. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    I understand that if you just copied-and-pasted the URL into the address bar, it would work that way....

Dawn.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ok I got that second picture to work now - hubba hubba =P~ =P~

Damn he looks good and chisled [face_love]

18. DarkPadme

DarkPadme Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2004
    Those selfish tea-drinkers won't let you link directly to the picture, so you'll have to drag or copy the link to the URL in your browser to make it work. Heh heh heh.

I agree, Anakin is incredibly beautiful. He's even more beautiful in black leather if you know what I mean. Mwahahahaha [face_love].

The Halloween icons are up but there are hardly any SW icons, no cool ones like my vampiric outfit in the Sith Council background :mad:.

Did you see Natalie and Keira got nominated for the "Favorite Leading Lady" category in this year's People's Choice Awards? Catfight!

--DarkPadme

19. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Heh. Natalie can take her.

[face_beatup]

Keira needs a sandwich.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Keira needs a sandwich.

LOL [face_laugh] Very true! At least Keira can act though. There's nothing worse than skinny actresses who are utterly vapid and are just there to supposedly look beautiful.

21. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    this is my favorite picture from that site. I tried to insert it but all it put in was the 'no leeching' image!
    just go there! :*

http://www.imperialarchives.co.uk/images/ep-iii/bg/ep-iii_22.jpg

22. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    They're gonna have to carry me out on a stretcher, I swear!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Can we request that the theaters provide them at the midnight showing? [face_laugh]

HOT DAMN!!!! All those pictures are just so.....beautiful!!! (for lack of a better word) He just gets better and better looking with every picture I see!!! [face_love] =P~

I'm not going to be able to leave my seat after I see this movie. I'm going to be like this :eek: [face_hypnotized] [face_love] =P~ :mad: [face_devil] [face_dancing] :_| [face_tired]

Too many emotions at once....brain can compute walking in there also!

-AnakinsLuv

23. jedi-ES

jedi-ES Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    rhonderoo

In the Literature forum, someone said they had to consult with Lucas and a couple of scenes (the heroic ones at that) had to be altered because it was too close to what George was doing with him in ROTS.

That's awesome to hear -- and is further evidence that what's being taken as fact on the 3SA boards are really just fanboy fantasies. []devilish laugh[/] Did the poster cite any evidence for this claim?

MissPadme

I think there are those who forget Anakin was good at one point of his life, that there was a soul in there worth saving, and his fall wasn't inevitable. In my estimation, Anakin has to be at the highest point of being a Jedi and a man because it makes his fall that much more tragic and meaningful. Would anyone have remembered the fable about Icarus had he only fallen three feet into the water?

I have to disagree with you that I don't think he'll be at his highest point before he falls. Yes, the fall must be tragic and a significant drop from his previous status, but with Anakin, it's all about potential. We just need to know, before he falls, that he is the Chosen One and could have been so much more than what he turned into -- Darth Vader (which is really suppose to be a pathetic character than anything else -- not this epitome of evil that so many want him to be).

He will loose everything, partly because of the forces that are aligned against him (fate), but also from the choices that he makes. He could have avoided it all if he had made the right decisions -- which, as we know, he doesn't. I still maintain that he didn't have to fall to fulfill his destiny, which makes his fall all the more tragic. If he had noticed that his true enemy was Palpatine and his destiny was to destroy this great evil (which he does recognize in the new novelization of ROTJ when Luke is being electrocuted), he could have accomplished that in ROTS instead of being fooled by him.

Alderaan21

The Anakin in these pics is definitely the "striking and grand" figure he remembers in the RotJ novelization - it was always a given to me that in addition to being a tragic character Anakin would have to be physically beautiful (and how! ), since it makes the ugliness of his transformation even more palpable. And I daresay he looks more beautiful now than he did in AotC, which of course just makes it more painful.

I agree. His transformation into pure ugliness is symbolic of his soul's fall and GL will show that entirely. But just as Darth Vader, the fallen Anakin, must be ugly to the point of non-human, the real Anakin, as we see mostly completely as a spectre at the end of ROTJ now, must be strong, powerful, radiant, and yes, beautiful as well. He's the fallen angel and just as Lucifer was once known as the "light-bearer" because of his radiance, Anakin must reflect that as well.

On a side note, though I think Hayden does a good job with Anakin's appearance and a better job with his emotions and mental states, I hope that we see an Anakin more mature and more of a man than the semi-adolescent that we saw in AOTC and that Hayden has portrayed in his other works. Anakin has to come off as extremely powerful, confident, and in control and the only way that will come off the screen is if he is the full expression of manhood, fully mature.

PadmeleiaJaina

Very true! At least Keira can act though. There's nothing worse than skinny actresses who are utterly vapid and are just there to supposedly look beautiful.

First, remember I didn't say this first. ;)

Second, I think that was a main reason why GL picked Natalie. He was looking for someone to play a type, where the appearance was more important than anything else and Natalie's appearance, the similarity to Carrie Fisher, as well as he early maturity, made her right for the role. Padme is suppose to be strong, mature, look like Leia, and be very beautiful. Her dialogue or actions aren't nearly as important in the PT than what she stands for and wha

24. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Ohhh, yeah, AnakinsLuv, my dear, for sure....I've already known for a good long while that ROTS was just gonna devastate me emotionally, psychologically, in *every* single way....I knew full well that it would leave me entirely incoherent, tear-blinded and overwhelmed so hat I'd have to be carried from the theatre, as likely as not....heck, if I could barely leave under my own power after AOTC - that incredible melange of emotions, like you said :) - well, heck, I've just known for a lo-ong time already how ROTS is gonna devastate me in all the ways, so that I may very well need counselling....or outright therapy....or who knows what. After all, the fact that I start welling up when I even *think* about it....that's pretty darn indicative right there, I should think. Why, oh, *why* can we not have our happy ending....*why* does fate's wheel have to spin this particularly tragic way?! It's not *fair*....

Dawn.

25. MissPadme

Jul 9, 1998
    Well, the teaser poster has been officially revealed (no fanboy hoax crap):

Teh Real Teaser Poster

I love it...and so does DarkPadme for obvious reasons ;).

--MissPadme

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.