main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Defenders of the A&P Love Story Reloaded (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthBreezy, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    WHOOO! I love my halloween title!!

[face_laugh]

2. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Heh - like the icon, rhonderoo. ;)

I like the poster - but not as much as I liked the TPM and AotC posters. At least, my reactions to them were stronger - I loved those the moment I saw them. Here I'm not much more than "eh, kinda cool - though Ani's hot." I'll still probably buy it, of course - may as well finish off the collection. ;) It does nicely bookmark the TPM poster, too.

3. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    I found it to be quite interesting, but also underwhelming. A mix of both, I think. I liked the first two prequel posters more.

4. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Note to self: must....visit....ShopStarWars.com....methinks that my must-have list has suddenly gotten a great deal bigger.... *is having visions of Anakin plastering all her walls and ceiling, and promptly goes into delirious ecstasies*

Dawn.

5. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    I love it, I absolutely *love* it....it seriously gives me the chills! It's like the very shadow of the Dark Side looming over his shoulder, breathing down his neck....like the proverbial sword of Damocles hanging over one's head....it's evocative as all heck, wonderfully intriguing, spine-tinglingly dark and foreboding....the ominous feeling just leaps out and grabs you by the throat, for sure! Truly bee-*yew*-ti-ful stuff.... :D

Dawn.

6. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    I like the poster - but not as much as I liked the TPM and AotC posters. At least, my reactions to them were stronger - I loved those the moment I saw them. Here I'm not much more than "eh, kinda cool - though Ani's hot." I'll still probably buy it, of course - may as well finish off the collection. It does nicely bookmark the TPM poster, too.

That's pretty much how I feel. I like it, but I liked the other two teaser posters better.

7. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    the ominous feeling just leaps out and grabs you by the throat, for sure!

Nice one there, Dawny!!

[face_laugh] [face_devil]

-AnakinsLuv

8. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Awww....thanks, babe. :D I'd actually only realized that little play or twist rather after the fact....I took another look at it and went, hey, how fitting....indeed. :) I am still finding it quite true, though....you can practically feel the insidious, uneasy chill of the Dark Side through this poster....this sense of encroaching evil....and of course, the way they have the helmet visible in the folds of the cloak - absolutely splendid! Talk about extremely evocative, for sure....

I remember when I first glimpsed the poster, I was stunned, delighted and intrigued enough, just to initially, split-second glance upon it....but when I realized how they'd subtly worked the folds of the cloak, my jaw pretty much hit the floor, and I was only even more impressed! Of course, that was about the very same second when I realized that I'd be making all kinds of forays over to the official SW shopping site.... ;) Want that, need that, simply *must* have that too....

Dawn.

9. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    As for the poster...I LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it!!!!

The darkside is really overpowering him there....

...and I've always had a thing for flowing cloaks on a man! [face_love]

10. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    And of course....having this teaser poster out just *totally* jazzes me even more for May 19th, next year....I mean, I was walkin' around the house last night, and between all the pics I downloaded yesterday, the teaser poster, and even watching the end of ROTJ yet again (aaahhh, bliss) - ohhh, man, wasn't I just totally, giddily geeking out all over the place.... ;) Mmmm, yes, such joy....

And you're ceratinly right, too, in that even this teaser poster definitely inspires a feeling of very real dread....this sense that the darkness truly is inevitable, and far too close, and now there's nothing that can be done to save our darling Ani from it....no way to save him from this most awful and tragic fate, when as we see in even but the teaser poster, the shroud of the Dark Side is falling around him. It's coming, it's inevitable and it's heartbreaking, and it chills me to the very core....oh, Ani....

Dawn.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I first looked at the poster uncaffinated and was like "huh?"

But, then as I looked over it further, I think it's pretty cool. I do think they could've done something to make the mask appear a bit more subtle - the veritcal lines (for the mouth area- far right side of poseter) on the back look out of place. I think most people could've gotten the idea loud and clear that it was Vader w/o having those there.

Other than that, what I like is that if you recall the first teaser poster for TPM, the Vader sillohette was behind Anakin, a small, possible presence. In this one, it's very in your face and it directly ties to the look over anger on Ani's face.

In TPM poster, Ani's looking at the ground - blind over what his fate can be - in the ROTS teaser, Ani is staring you and fate right in the eye. It gives it a chilling effect.

12. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    There are definitely 3 images of Vader in that poster if you look hard enough. One in the the upper left side, one profile thats back to back with with Anakin, and one big 3/4 quarter view of Vader with his nose where Anakin's shoulder is.

13. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    For your reference, I recall the fannish peanut gallery bleched all over the TPM and AOTC teasers, the former being too plain and boring, the latter too reminiscent of Titanic.

I really like it; it's dynamic and interesting. I think it will look even more striking in person. geo3 mentioned on a Hayden list that the cape looked to her like wings, making Anakin look even more like a fallen angel.

--MissPadme

14. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Guys, look at the poster from a distance.

15. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I like the concept of that poster and agree with many others inputs. I would prefer they not cut Anakin's face so close to the edge! I bet Hayden had fun posing for that picture with the sheer look of anger yet almost exasperation on his face.

16. mal-et-mysterieux

mal-et-mysterieux Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2004
    hehe guess who's halloween sock this is...

I loved the first 2 prequel posters...especially the one with little innocent ani, with his shadow as the big V (the philosophies of Carl Jung make this all the more interesting)

and the AOTC poster...with the whole "Nor love" seperate from the rest...it gives it more emphasis.

In the first one, little ani is looking at the ground, like hes looking at his path, watching his feet as they carry him towards his destiny. In the second one he's looking at his lightsabre, seeing that he finally is a jedi (well, a padawan...but still), and this last one, he's a full fledged jedi knight thats been dabbling in the dark side, and he has sure footing and sure aim...watch out, here comes our grown up Ani!

17. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Gah, this bugs me. I can't see the third Vader, the one that supposedly takes up most of the poster, at all. Nor do I see the other characters TFN claims is in there.

Oh well. I'm not going to rip my brain apart for it.

18. mal-et-mysterieux

mal-et-mysterieux Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2004
    The third vader: Its a profile view, with Anakin's shoulder serving as the bottom of the nose/top of the mouth piece. One of the pictures on the tfn main page shows the vader profile next to the RotS poster. That might help you see it.

19. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Oh, I wouldn't worry - those "other characters" that some folks are claiming are so visible on the teaser poster - they're really *not* there at all. If you're constantly looking at it from every possible angle, heavily scrutinizing it in every way imaginable, and still these "extra faces" cannot be seen - it's because they're not in there to be seen at all. I don't know if these folks claiming to spot these extra faces were smoking who-knows-what, or else are simply burdened with overactive imaginations to the nth degree, but whatever it is....these other characters that people claim they can see.... *shakes head* Not there....and I, too, have been scrutinizing the poster *very* closely.... Honestly, though, don't you just wonder where some people get their ideas? :D

Not sure about the three other Vader masks supposedly to be found in it, either....I think I might've been able to discern them, but it is of course rather difficult to say for sure....and, naturally, it also merits further intense ogling of the poster. ;) And that makes it well worth *anything*!

Dawn.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ok- so I didn't see the profile one either until just now. Best advice - open the side by side image full screen, then squint your eyes closed some so that you don't see much in the way of details - you'll then see the profile of Vader...very cool! As a helpful hand - the obvious Vader - his cheekbone is the eye of the profile shot.

I'm blacking the rest out of my post - don't know if it's considered spoilers or not - about the other characters people claim to be seeing.

I do have to say, I enlarged the eye portion and didn't see Palpatine in there - so I reserve judgement for that until I can actually look at a poster up close.

I do see what they're meaning w/ Greivous - it's just his eye towards the top - I think they're stretching a bit w/ the Boba Fett- but I'm sure it's there to appease Fett fans.

21. qingauk

Jul 12, 2002
    I do not see other than the profile of Vader either. I think someone was smoking funny things when they thought they could see the other two characters :D

22. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Hmmmm so it's that time of year again. :) So know there is a Tease Poster I will have to take a look at it.

23. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I think the profiles of the other characters are fig newtons of fanboy imagination. I've been able to see two Vader images, including the profile shot. But not three images.

There's a new webdoc up at Hyperspace, this one all about Obi, albeit with lots of cute shots of the other actors. Ewan is such a trip! I caught the first episode of his snow The Long Way Round; it's really funny. Definitely catch it.

--MissPadme

24. qingauk

Jul 12, 2002
    Oh yes. I taped the first show of Long Way Round. It was a real chuckle! I think there are eight segments to it. A good tale it is :)

25. qingauk

Jul 12, 2002
    The WEBDOC of Ewan as Obi should dispel thoughts of him not enjoying the Star Wars role and hopefully shut down any negative media reports. It is a real testament to his love and dedication to playing Obi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.